1H mace is meta in all kinds of content, way too op

• Combat Balance
    • 1H mace is meta in all kinds of content, way too op

1H mace :
      AOE CC on W and E.
      Aoe damage.
      Iframe on E and essentially unavoidable " skillshot "
      AOE Interrupt on W and AOE root and essentially unavoidable " skillshot " .
      No energy cost.
      High mobility.
      High damage on Q and it´s aoe

Nobody likes fighting against 1H mace. There is next to no outplay potential as E is iframe and you can barely do anything about it. . It CCs you to ground in groups.

At least reduce it´s damage by 30-40%. or make it Single Target CC and dmg, not AOE

It´s riddiculous there is a weapon that has CC, AOE damage, Tanky weapon with mobility and no energy cost. Shouldn´t heavy swings and so on cost lot of energy ? Oh well.

It should be like grovekeeper, just for small scale.

The way it is, it´s just horrible.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 5 times, last by Borbarad ().

• imagine losing fight to 100 kills brand new player and heard from him legendary "EZ" :D

I want add to this bullshit grailseeker E dmg is also insane.. as 34353seconds root, this damage also should be redecued by 20-30% in open world 6.2 grail can dismount 8.1 leather on frost ram with 2x E. just click E twice and u are rooted for miliard seconds and instant dismounted.

retro have to start using brain and never combine CC with DMG.. these weapons are game breaking in 1v1 and open world.

if anyone afraid how tank can hold agro after Q nerf ? is that simple, buff plate agro from 300% to 500% and nerf this dmg.

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

• @Borbarad

Hattenhair wrote:

Snare charge is not an issue for any of the maces, excluding 1H, because the Q + W combo with Sacred ground generates too much CC in combination with lengthy hard-CC from Deep Leap.
      Every single other mace has a utility-focused E with pulls, purges, displacement and soft-CC like silences or slows/roots (Camlann E stun is insignificant enough to treat it as an interrupt at best, as most value comes from the pull).

So here's my suggestion: shift the CC value of the stun to a high% slow, leaving a mild stun akin to that found on camlann to function as a basic spell interrupt to put it in line with other mace alternatives also removing the debuff immunity on the leap to put it in line with grovekeeper. As a tradeoff you could increase the stun AoE from 3m to 4m, since now the stun provides less value.

A rough draft of how it would look like:
      1H Mace (1060 IP):
      • Removed debuff immunity from the leap.
      • Stun duration: 2.5s -> 0.8s.
      • Stun AoE radius: 3m -> 4m.
      • Slow strength: 30% -> 60%.
      This would technically shift the current role of 1H Mace from "Good at everything" to a "Soft-CC engage bruiser", as it should have been from the start.
      Thoughts?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

@Borbarad

Hattenhair wrote:

Snare charge is not an issue for any of the maces, excluding 1H, because the Q + W combo with Sacred ground generates too much CC in combination with lengthy hard-CC from Deep Leap.
      Every single other mace has a utility-focused E with pulls, purges, displacement and soft-CC like silences or slows/roots (Camlann E stun is insignificant enough to treat it as an interrupt at best, as most value comes from the pull).

So here's my suggestion: shift the CC value of the stun to a high% slow, leaving a mild stun akin to that found on camlann to function as a basic spell interrupt to put it in line with other mace alternatives also removing the debuff immunity on the leap to put it in line with grovekeeper. As a tradeoff you could increase the stun AoE from 3m to 4m, since now the stun provides less value.

1H Mace (1060 IP):
      This would technically shift the current role of 1H Mace from "Good at everything" to a "Soft-CC engage bruiser", as it should have been from the start.
      Thoughts?
      This + bump now stops ignoring cc resistance
    • Yes but i play mace and I am pretty bored fighting my exact mirror image all over the place..

At least ..if u fight your self it is interesting - the rest ist just a boring slay or disengage & break

As i said, only mercs with reset can challenge mace - but these get nerved..

If u don't touch mace and nerve merc it is mace or mace or mace..

But looking at the balance update of meta royal shoes, having one build only makes balance obviously easier

Looking at murder weapon matrix 1h mace is winning against everything..

Funny balance ...if it be at least a non skillshots I'd believe it is with a plan with regards to Mobil..but 1h mace is a non mobile device build..so ..no clue

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

@Borbarad

Hattenhair wrote:

1H Mace (1060 IP):
      Thoughts?
      Absolutely not.

Unless with higher ip the mace stays the same.
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Yes but i play mace and I am pretty bored fighting my exact mirror image all over the place..

At least ..if u fight your self it is interesting - the rest ist just a boring slay or disengage & break

As i said, only mercs with reset can challenge mace - but these get nerved..

If u don't touch mace and nerve merc it is mace or mace or mace..

But looking at the balance update of meta royal shoes, having one build only makes balance obviously easier

Looking at murder weapon matrix 1h mace is winning against everything..

Funny balance ...if it be at least a non skillshots I'd believe it is with a plan with regards to Mobil..but 1h mace is a non mobile device build..so ..no clue

If you're tired of "fighting yourself" or people using your "mirror image build" - perhaps it is you who should try a different build, instead of trying to force others to change to make yourself happy.
      I lose plenty of times with 1h-mace, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.