You keep on thinking that.

• You keep on thinking that.

T5 zone should have T5 loot. You keep on thinking the way you do, no problem. This game is NOT a hit because of the full loot system. Same as all full loot mmo's in the past, another 6 mths and this game will descend into the unknown because it is not catering to both pvp and non pvp gamers. No matter how much you full loot gamers want to hype the system. You do not foot the bill or a mmo. Most pvper's call names to the World of Warcraft players. Yet, Wow has consistently been the game to model by mmo game designers, why do you think that is? because that game makes millions and it is subscription based. They did not cater to the whiners of free to play. Tread forward and disregard the non pvp players at your own risk. Albion will be a distant memory while Wow still marches on. I am not a Wow player, and don't like not having the option of open world pvp and full loot, however, Albion is pushing all players into the black zones and all players don't like that. You'll see the steady decline as these players begin to find out they can't go anywhere else but full loot areas, you gankers will be happy for about a month, then bye bye Albion.
    • In an economy based on player crafting and gathering you need to make higher tiers progressively more risky. If YZ zones were also available at high tier the market would collapse you need death and a lot if it to balance the market. They have made the BZ extremely safer over the past several updates and added Roads to Avalon. They have provided ample opportunity now even for anti PvPers to make fame progress/silver profit inbetween deaths.
    • I never get these arguments. It's OK if they don't want a full loot game. They can go play one of the many non-full-loot games?

What Albion currently fails to do is make the safer zones compelling in their own right. That is something they can work on.

They could also certainly do with making crafting more interesting.
    • Somebody wrote this before and it got me XD

You are basically walking into a sushi bar and telling them they should switch to a pizza place since you don't like sushi. (you want to make the game not full loot)
      You also tell them they should remove all the chairs since you like to eat while standing up. (you want players to stay in the yz like SWOOOOOOOOOLE BENJI)
      In addition, you show them an amusement park and tell them that it makes more money and has more customers even tho they are two different things (you comparing between wow and Albion).

So buddy listen, if you don't like the game just f*ck off. no one will miss you.
      And Albion is doing the opposite of dying rn. It's been out for 4 years now and the player pop is only increasing while games like wow are losing players from patch to patch.
    • Sponik wrote:

Somebody wrote this before and it got me XD

You are basically walking into a sushi bar and telling them they should switch to a pizza place since you don't like sushi. (you want to make the game not full loot)
      You also tell them they should remove all the chairs since you like to eat while standing up. (you want players to stay in the yz like SWOOOOOOOOOLE BENJI)
      In addition, you show them an amusement park and tell them that it makes more money and has more customers even tho they are two different things (you comparing between wow and Albion).

So buddy listen, if you don't like the game just f*ck off. no one will miss you.
      And Albion is doing the opposite of dying rn. It's been out for 4 years now and the player pop is only increasing while games like wow are losing players from patch to patch.
      I am beta albion player. This game was b2P (buy to play). On start this was gank fest and PvE players write that is bad state.
      What was answear from gankers and PvP players. Go f**** yourself this game is not for you.

PvE players listen and go out. What happend after? Colapse player base and change model to F2P.
      Next SBI put more dungeons, SD, avalonian etc.
      This game will be dead without good state of PvE and getherings.
    • assassinBK wrote:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

beta player and u have no clue what u talkign about. this game would be dead without full loot pvp and economy will be dead af.. onyl reason u got loot from ur pve dungeon is that people are dying and selling stuff in black market, regear and drive economy.. BETA PLAYER and u dont know basics. clown

and yea go fuck yourself ^^

The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

• Sponik wrote:

This is marketed as a "sandbox". Hell, the development company's name is "Sandbox" Interactive. In your analogy, this is a sushi bar, but right there you miss the entire point of the sandbox concept. It's not a sushi bar. Nor is it a pizza parlor. It's a food court. Where people should be able to get both sushi and pizza, and if people like pizza and would like more pizza options, then that's ok. Same goes for sushi lovers.
    • assassinBK wrote:

Colapse player base and change model to F2P.
      collapse player base? what are you talking about? you bought the game then it was BETA not ready for launch.
      And the transition to f2p didn't come from the lack of players... its the best move for any game (csgo wow tf2 and so on)
      I can literally tell ppl who doesn't want a full loot game to f*ck of since this makes albion so unique and so popular. yes, in its current full loot state the game is more successful than ever before.
    • thefixx1 wrote:

You'll see the steady decline as these players begin to find out they can't go anywhere else but full loot areas, you gankers will be happy for about a month, then bye bye Albion.
      And yet albion has been going strong for 4 years and the player base is higher than it ever was. Youre talking shit.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Sponik wrote:

Somebody wrote this before and it got me XD

I want my aknowledge my ownership on the coment (?)
    • Eve Online was similar, that didn't make it past 6 months either. :D /s

You can farm, gather and do dungeons in the blue / yellow zones if you don't want to risk losing your gear. If you want to do higher tier stuff then you take the risk. Don't fit what you can't afford to lose. As a crafter as well as a zergling I rely on people losing their gear so I can sell them replacements.

If you prefer games like WOW or ESO then play that. I also enjoy ESO, nothing wrong with it. Full loot games or the even rarer perma-death games will always be a niche. Let people enjoy their niche.
    • deenne wrote:

assassinBK wrote:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
      beta player and u have no clue what u talkign about. this game would be dead without full loot pvp and economy will be dead af.. onyl reason u got loot from ur pve dungeon is that people are dying and selling stuff in black market, regear and drive economy.. BETA PLAYER and u dont know basics. clown

and yea go fuck yourself ^^
      I was enjoying this thread, liking comments coming from different perspectives as, even though they may have been debating each other, they were all making valid and mildly interesting points. Then I got to this bit of smooth-brained cave-man grunting:

The "only reason u got loot from ur pve dungeon is that people are dying and selling stuff in black market, regear and drive economy.."

Is your mind really so small that you cannot see the fallacy in your reasoning? To start, even if we assume that somehow it is impossible for the game to ever provide loot any other way than the black market--which sure, it does do it that way with the current state of play--that does not mean that the loot must of necessity come from killing players. The black market does not care from where the loot comes: no questionses, right? So sure, it could come from piracy where you've caught someone in the shipping lanes, slit their throats, and stolen the goods. But it is also every bit as valid a possibility, and does happen that someone could craft the item and sell it straight to the black market. The black market can give prices for items that are well beyond market value, and there are certainly crafters who are not PvP-focused players who understand and take full advantage of this. So to say PvP is the only reason for loot drops shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the game beyond PvP. Even those items obtained via PvP had to be created at some point, and items aren't created by PvP, they are created by the games crafters.

Further, while Albion is quite a complicated game with many interconnected parts, if the developers wanted to, they could, with very little effort, and without drastically changing the great bulk of the game, create loot drops without the black market. Consider, for a moment, that none of this is real in the first place, because it is not. Everything is happening inside our imaginations. You don't actually have skills with any weapons, you can't actually use magic, you don't have several sets of armour in your wardrobe, and I hope to God you aren't actually out there killing people. All of this is conjured up in our imaginations with some graphics and text descriptions at the base, and those graphics and text descriptions are created by computer programmers who create programs to facilitate your imagination so you can have fun. None of it really exists. It is all conjured up out of thin air and none of it is real. The developers can, therefore, make things work any way they want. All they need is players to go along with their descriptions, suspend their disbelief, and engage their imaginations. So, could there be another way for loot drops than the black market? Hell yes, there could. If it can be thought of in the mind, it can be done in the game, because the game is nothing but a bunch of us playing make-believe together anyway.

It is quite an interesting state of affairs that pirates are given a seat at the table in the first place. I quite agree that as the game stands--and I like the game as it stands--that PvP within the game is necessary and, while I am not a PvP player, I do not mind that. You guys should be grateful that you are given a voice because, whether you want to accept the reality or not, you are in the minority of people who play the game and you aren't exactly loved by those you prey upon. In the forums here PvPers constantly overplay their hand, exaggerate their importance, and throw child-like temper tantrums. This isn't the way to win over the devs. You might want to reconsider your approach.
    • Hopchis you make several good points. It admittedly is quite apparent that the majority of the game does not favor consistent PvP anymore (unfortunate from my perspective). However one point of clarification is all PvP is not pirating I would only consider ganking with overwhelming numbers in that description. Much of the PvP community enjoys the competitive and fair fighting in 5v5 and 1v1. I am for many of the anti ganking changes over the years because ganking can be a deterrent for actually playing the game content.