Corrupted Dungeon Changes

• Corrupted Dungeon Changes

This seems like one of the worst ideas I've seen in a long time.

Display Spoiler
      Corrupted Dungeon Changes
      To improve the Reset Meta in Corrupted Dungeons we will introduce a new mechanic for Corrupted Dungeons. The goal is to allow for a few disengages to change abilties, adjust tactics and not have the fight narrowed to one single engage. But also add a penalty if players keep continiously resetting the fight, without the need to dramatically reduce the escape chances of items / spells for the open world.

Now during an invasion a new mob type spawns in every corridor, which applies a stacking debuff to the first player passing it. Punishing players for resetting the fight too often.
      • Mob Spawn Condition:
        • 180s have passed after Invasion start.
        • AND a player damages another player
      • Mob Behavior:
        • These Mobs are placed in every corridor
        • When a player enters it's aggro range the mob applied a stack of Corruption Debuff
        • The Mob can see invsible players
        • There should be no way to dodge the debuff with an i-frame
        • After the debuff is applied the mob vanishes. (so, the next player can pass without getting the debuff
        • After 30s the Mob respawns
        • If a mob respawns, they immediately can aggro the closest player. (to prevent players getting past a mob om respawn without getting the debuff)
        • IF both players don't damage each other for 45s all of these mobs will temporarily despawn.
        • But if a player damages another player again later, they will keep respawning again.
      • Corruption Debuff:
        • Reduces Max Health by 1% per stack
        • On 6 or more stacks it additionally slows by 1% per stack
        • Max Stacks: 25
        • Duration: The entire Invasion
      • Other corrupted dungeon changes:
        • All Cooldowns (including capes) are now reset at the start of an invasion.
        • All Healing Cast inside the Corrupted Dungeon is now reduced more (10% -> 20%)
        • Spike Traps: Hit area improved to fit the visuals more closely allowing now to move exactly between two traps without getting hit
        • Demented Heretic Thief: Now acts more consistently on the start of combat always trying to slow
        • Slag Spewer: Now casts more frequently (Cooldown 5s -> 3s) and the Magma Ball moves faster while dealing less damage 900 -> 750 and reduced knock back 5m -> 2.5m
        • Incendiary Fissure and Magma Mephit: The damage effect can no longer be cleansed when inside the affected area

I get that you want to limit the constant running away and resetting, but this isn't the way to do it. All this is gonna make people even more inclined to pre-pop crystals, and instead of resetting if they lose a trade they will simply leave the dungeon.

If you want to actually fix the running away bullshit, the bats have to go. At the very least they shouldn't be respawning, but I'd even make the argument that they shouldn't even be there ... All they really do his help the runner and hinder the chaser, and besides I don't really think this sort of RNG belongs in a 1v1 situation.

Also I find it very odd how you admit this constant resetting is a problem, but then give cloth cowls a 20 meter knockback which is essentially a free reset (or a free win if you knock someone into a trap).

To me this whole thing seems like a bandaid fix for a design flaw that I've been calling out since cds were added to the game.
    • I would agree with the concern of even more shard breaking happening after this change. I could see both players breaking 1 shard immediately when invasion starts due to starting spread out and then either side running to the 3rd immediately if you do not like the match up. This would be a huge dead time problem between fights.
    • Tabor wrote:

I would agree with the concern of even more shard breaking happening after this change. I could see both players breaking 1 shard immediately when invasion starts due to starting spread out and then either side running to the 3rd immediately if you do not like the match up. This would be a huge dead time problem between fights.
      Naturally you would always be breaking 1 crystal regardless of what you are playing incase you don't like the matchup. I don't like that idea, the ends don't justify the means.

Reef wrote:

anyways better than reset masturbators.. want to see frosts after updates
      Frost will hardly be affected at all, Badon and Warbow will be screwed and Warbow already isnt that great in my opinion, soldier boots builds will also be feeling it ... its not worth butchering the game to nerf Badon bow and soldier boots, fixing the inherent issues with the RNG bats and too short of a combat timer is a better way in my opinion, and doesn't involve adding some completely ridiculous system to the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• Well it is always the same..

Player wanted lava / wall mechanic and we get some wired thing that reduces a sword player to e.g. 17 % run speed + buffs & dashes..

Same as reduce amount of hideout per map or limit to guild..

Same as no alliances...

Same as keep SRD open at least t7/t8

List is endless, they always come with super complex solutions for whatever reason..