Reputation system and PK in RZ still sucks

    • Reputation system and PK in RZ still sucks

      The reputation system doesn't work. Right now red zones are just yellow zones with better resources and loot.
      There is almost no risk of getting ganked. Why ?
      1. U get to know how many hostile players are in the map, when somebody gets killed, where somebody gets killed and who killed the person.
      2. Dungeons close after a set time + you now have convenient chest zones in yellow zones
      3. Also, thanks to the faction update there is other factors to consider now: Zergs capping outposts more frequently and more faction outposts being added (what I started calling pseudo-HOs)
      4 Some gatherers (mostly fishermen) get to gather right on top of the gate to a safe zone
    • Day 3. Reputation system still sucks

      The reputation system doesn't work. Right now red zones are just yellow zones with better resources and loot.
      There is almost no risk of getting ganked. Why ?
      1. U get to know how many hostile players are in the map, when somebody gets killed, where somebody gets killed and who killed the person.
      2. Dungeons close after a set time + you now have convenient chest zones in yellow zones
      3. Also, thanks to the faction update there is other factors to consider now: Zergs capping outposts more frequently and more faction outposts being added (what I started calling pseudo-HOs)
      4 Some gatherers (mostly fishermen) get to gather right on top of the gate to a safe zone
    • tabooshka wrote:

      "almost no risk of getting ganked"

      yet people lose bilions daily trying to transport shit to caerleon lmao,

      you can literally hide in a dungeon with unflagged scout, then pop out, cover 2 exits and farm market runners
      this guy copied half of a thread I've created a couple days ago.

      My main issue was directed towards solo ganking in red zones and map revealing your position after a kill
      As a solo u can effectively cover only a small chunk of the map with a great risk of getting chased by a horde of blues or being scouted out thanks to the map
      I just feel like adding the extra nuisance of reducing reputation to solo players was a bit much

      Group ganking is more viable in red zones cause u have the capacity to coordinate with a team of several players to choke a person out or , as u said, having scouts at entrances; I do see reputation as a viable mean to stop that from constantly happening

      If u wanna check out the original thread it's called "red flagging needs changes"
    • I am antiganker and I put my point.

      Reputation system is not a problem. Reputation system guard Royals vs hords of hostiles.

      Problem is kill location togather with not lock loot. This is problems for gankers and antigankers because horde of blue rats always come for free loot without do sh**it on fighting.

      Counting reds is good for getherers and solo players (manage the risk).
    • assassinBK wrote:

      I am antiganker and I put my point.

      Reputation system is not a problem. Reputation system guard Royals vs hords of hostiles.

      Problem is kill location togather with not lock loot. This is problems for gankers and antigankers because horde of blue rats always come for free loot without do sh**it on fighting.

      Counting reds is good for getherers and solo players (manage the risk).
      ^ agreed
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

      discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • I love gankers cry.

      When they attack few vs 1 getherer this is PvP game.
      When 10+ blues running after few gankers this is big tragedy. (for me gankers was gank)

      We antiganking and most the time is always same situation.
      Gankers attack our bite and next they run like ********** when rest of us come to fight.
      I am not big fan running vs 1 ganker but I cant explain this to my friends. They die too often when gethering or PvE and they want gankers blood.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by assassinBK ().

    • decand wrote:

      I think blues are just as excited for pvps as reds, they just have lower risk tolerance.

      The current state of rep really strongly discourages people from red flagging, and so the blue police have nothing to fight.

      Red zones should be a bloodbath, because the black zone sure isn't.
      Some blues have a lower risk tolerance to be shitters.
      Gankers and risk? Good joke :D. 90% is shit set and try attack few vs 1 getherer or transport. Gank or fly, fight is very rare.

      Red zone was on start of this game like you said 'bloodbath' and SBI need run to FtP because that many players left the game.
    • assassinBK wrote:

      I love gankers cry.

      When they attack few vs 1 getherer this is PvP game.
      When 10+ blues running after few gankers this is big tragedy. (for me gankers was gank)

      We antiganking and most the time is always same situation.
      Gankers attack our bite and next they run like ********** when rest of us come to fight.
      I am not big fan running vs 1 ganker but I cant explain this to my friends. They die too often when gethering or PvE and they want gankers blood.
      What you just said can be pretty much summarised in: you consider somebody else's time more important than yours. Because you'll rather not flag up, miss out on a lot of potential kills and go after that 1-2 guys wearing flat4 /4.1 gear..... and you have to split loot with others cause imagine a single antiganker

      It's not even hard to spot antigankers since there is always going to be that 1 guy chasing u from a far

      The main issue has never been antigankers --> if u want a low risk low reward ganking experience that's on you

      The fact that I get scouted by the map while nobody is seemingly around me it's what fucks it up the majority of times; because when I finish a guy, my mount is still on cool down and gives time to blues to reach my location with ease
    • unknownX1 wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      I love gankers cry.

      When they attack few vs 1 getherer this is PvP game.
      When 10+ blues running after few gankers this is big tragedy. (for me gankers was gank)

      We antiganking and most the time is always same situation.
      Gankers attack our bite and next they run like ********** when rest of us come to fight.
      I am not big fan running vs 1 ganker but I cant explain this to my friends. They die too often when gethering or PvE and they want gankers blood.
      What you just said can be pretty much summarised in: you consider somebody else's time more important than yours. Because you'll rather not flag up, miss out on a lot of potential kills and go after that 1-2 guys wearing flat4 /4.1 gear..... and you have to split loot with others cause imagine a single antiganker
      It's not even hard to spot antigankers since there is always going to be that 1 guy chasing u from a far

      The main issue has never been antigankers --> if u want a low risk low reward ganking experience that's on you

      The fact that I get scouted by the map while nobody is seemingly around me it's what fucks it up the majority of times; because when I finish a guy, my mount is still on cool down and gives time to blues to reach my location with ease
      My time my choice. My choice is try kill gankers.

      If you dont want be killing by blues I give you advice. Go to black zone or dont be red.

      Your die is your choice.
    • assassinBK wrote:

      My time my choice. My choice is try kill gankers.
      If you dont want be killing by blues I give you advice. Go to black zone or dont be red.

      Your die is your choice.
      Yes, I said it, your time your choice....

      And yes, go black.... have you been to black zone recently ?
      The only consistent solo pvp content available in black zones is dungeon diving in red tree; but a blue guy wouldn't know it, right ?

      And as I said already, but you don't seem to get it; my issue is with the map, not with counter gankers.

      If you wanna waste your time looking for a single person while avoiding a bunch of more profitable targets that's on you; the fact that the map helps you out it's my problem
    • unknownX1 wrote:

      And yes, go black.... have you been to black zone recently ?
      The only consistent solo pvp content available in black zones is dungeon diving in red tree; but a blue guy wouldn't know it, right ?
      sussy baka this is what sbi are working on rn. be patient

      unknownX1 wrote:

      And as I said already, but you don't seem to get it; my issue is with the map, not with counter gankers.
      " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "
    • I love how evryone here is talking about BZ and how bad they are.

      I play solo/small scale in BZ 4-5H every day, and im able to make 10-50kills and 10-30m profit.
      BZ are dead and bad for noobs and carebears. :)

      I want see all these clowns before queen, with no hideouts, no solords, no bubbles range x300m, cc immune, scouts in every dungeon etc..

      all sbi has to do is ADD CHANNELING to enter the hideout. problem fixed 95% blackzones noobs instant evicting to yellowzones.


      reputation system will be fixed too, just give SBI time.. im pretty sure they know that issue.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

    • It never ceases to amuse me how if the game isn't set up to give the best advantage a person can imagine to themselves, they think something is wrong with it.

      The idea that red zones are just like yellow zones is laughable. You can't die in a yellow zone without suiciding. You can, however, die in the red zone and have all your gear stripped off your corpse. Further, this does happen to people. I split most of my time between red and black zones and when I'm in red zones that time is split between Bridgewatch and Lymhurst red zone territories. I see people killed in red zones every day, almost every time I go into them. They are not "safe." They aren't as unsafe as the black zones, for certain. And they are nowhere near as safe as the yellow zones. By some measurements one might even make an argument that under certain circumstances black zones can be safer than red--if your guild/alliance dominantly controls the black zone, you will feel safer there than in a red zone where nobody controls it and you don't have a comfy, cozy hideout. After all things are weighed, though, I'd say safety goes blue, yellow, red, black in terms of safest to least safe.

      Well, isn't that exactly what they are supposed to be? Less safe than yellow but measurably safer than black?

      I feel like I'd make the opposite argument as to the efficacy of the reputation system from what OP suggests. I'm not a ganker and my reputation is glorious, yet people don't so much as pause to think about whether I am worth killing or not--they just go for it. I can't figure out what kind of deterrent the reputation system is. Regardless of how bad your reputation is, you can always access the major cities. If you've been playing more than a week or two, the blue and yellow zones aren't worth your time. While I've got good reputation, I can't remember the last time I set foot in a blue zone and I only enter the yellows on my way to reds. I don't understand what is supposed to deter a person from killing high-reputation players when the penalty is to lock them out of zones that are useless to non-beginners anyway. Ganking in red zones is alive and well.
    • hopchis wrote:

      Well, isn't that exactly what they are supposed to be? Less safe than yellow but measurably safer than black?
      Have you ever tried PK in RZ? you get -1k for kill. sometimes even more. + everyone in the group loses reputation.Do you know how long it takes FF to get your reputation back? hours.. a few minutes of fun and a few hours of punishment in PVE

      the reputation system is outdated and needs updating.