Gathering gear should not have stacks .

• Economy
    • Gathering gear should not have stacks .

What´s the point of gathering gear having stacks ? It´s absolutely terrible. Waiting for 10 stacks takes a long time.

1) If you find a nice enchanted node, 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3 and such - are you gonna wait for stacks ? NO. It happens more often than not that the enchantment of the node disappears while you are gathering - same with bosses and resource mobs. You just gather it without the gear, or you equip it for measly few stacks .

2) If you go roads and you gotta kill mobs, you are not gonna do it in gathering gear unless its a skinner mob . It sucks.

3) It decreases silver sink. If gathering gear were getting stacks instantly, i would be carrying it when i do solo open world - now i just dont bother,except for stone - since that´s good value

4) if i switch to gear to fight, i have 0 stacks then, which further decreases value of gathering gear.

What is the point of STACKS ? I don´t see any good reasons for them. Why not just remove them all together ?
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • The gathering bonus on gear is fine I think the OPs bigger point is why the need to wait all that time for it to build up. If the concern is gathers swapping sets for the bonuses all the time that is silly because they should be able to do that if they are taking the risk of carrying multiple sets.
    • Borbarad wrote:

What is the point of STACKS ? I don´t see any good reasons for them. Why not just remove them all together ?
      protection against abuse, for example, someone lives in the t8 zone, with 10 hideouts, takes all sets with them and changes them each time before the gathering starts, so we have stacks.

but yea Fred idea is not bad, something like if you wear full set you got instant 10 stacks, but each change of equipment already loads stacks from 1-10. and give them 1 hour cooldown.

The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

• It takes 5mins to get your 10 stacks of gathering gear.

It is a cost-benefit proposal. You lose combat power in order to gain gathering power (bonuses).

Yes it is annoying to build those stacks up, but if they were instant and as others have stated, everyone would be carrying gather swap sets on them.
    • noxmortus wrote:

It takes 5mins to get your 10 stacks of gathering gear.

It is a cost-benefit proposal. You lose combat power in order to gain gathering power (bonuses).

Yes it is annoying to build those stacks up, but if they were instant and as others have stated, everyone would be carrying gather swap sets on them.
      That´s wrong.

Not many people have more than one T8 gathering unlocked.

Extremely very few people would dare to have more than one T8 set on them. Only difference is those with hideouts.

Either way, at least in roads, gathering gear is atrocious. If you play solo or even duo, you need combat power to kill resource mobs. And then what, you wait doing nothing ? That´s not worth it at all. That´s why i only care stone gathering chest and i dont bother with rest, simply because it´s just not worth it.

Gathering stacks are a joke, let´s be real. And speaking of swapping gear - 99% of player only carry on set on them, wheter its gathering gear, combat gear, transport gear etc.

The way it is, it only pisses off more advance players, and rest of the players barely notice it.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • noxmortus wrote:

It takes 5mins to get your 10 stacks of gathering gear.

I am sure its not that usual to have all T8 gathering skills, in the other hand gankers should be happy if people carry more stuff.