Can't find a playstyle that suits me. Tips?

• Can't find a playstyle that suits me. Tips?

Hello, this question might seem dumb but I need some "guidance" or tips of how can I find a weapon that fits me. I'm trying a lot of different weapons and I already discarded a lot of them. However, since I'm a new player I don't really understand every weapon's playstyle so I just die and lose all my gear over and over again (to the point I'm losing interest in going outside of yellow zones...).

I like being a melee, enjoy open world 1v1 or 1vX roaming (not ganking gatherers), I'd like a weapon that gives me a sense of fair fight (full stealth builds or kiting aren't appealing for me), also due to latency and mobile controls casters aren't an option.

For now the main weapons I'm interested in are dual swords and 1h dagger, but I don't know if they are viable for what I'd like to do. I also tried cursed and found it super strong, but it feels like a super boring gameplay.

Do you have any tips on how to understand weapons according to the different aspects of the game? Thank you very much in advance.
    • Personally I use spears. I play on mobile exclusively, I can't speak for ping because I live in NA on the east coast, but the first q usually lands even with lag, the second q is a self cast so that should be easier if you find the first q frustrating. While you can drag to aim with the abilities you can reliably land abilities just pressing the button(you'll have issues with impaler because of the slight delay) just be sure your facing the desired direction BEFORE pressing the command. Spears have kite potential and because the q's buff auto attacks you can play a bruiser on your face playstyle as well. Willing to hear your feedback on my opinion. Cheers :thumbup:

P.S. swords are getting a buff soon and might be more of your playstyle and I have no personal experience with daggers.
    • You either need kite or double mercenary / hellion jacket to effectively 1vX. This game is balanced around groups with healers fighting groups with healers, don't get your expectations up too high for solo openworld content. The best solo builds tend to be burst and run.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

Personally I use spears. I play on mobile exclusively, I can't speak for ping because I live in NA on the east coast, but the first q usually lands even with lag, the second q is a self cast so that should be easier if you find the first q frustrating. While you can drag to aim with the abilities you can reliably land abilities just pressing the button(you'll have issues with impaler because of the slight delay) just be sure your facing the desired direction BEFORE pressing the command. Spears have kite potential and because the q's buff auto attacks you can play a bruiser on your face playstyle as well. Willing to hear your feedback on my opinion. Cheers :thumbup:

P.S. swords are getting a buff soon and might be more of your playstyle and I have no personal experience with daggers.
      I tried a lot of spears! It's actually the weapon I leveled the most, however I don't want to autoaim its E and it's super easy to miss in mobile (talking about 1h spear atm). Anyways I'll give it another try, do you have any cheap builds for spears? And also, what spear do you use?
    • I use them all 500/700 spear specialization, if your finding the first q difficult it is possible to have a playstyle using the second q(it's a self buff instead of damage plus buff like the first q) cheap build would be:
      • 1h Spear
      • Torch/Mistcaller
      • Guardian Helm/Stalker hood
      • Mage robe/cleric robe/assassin jacket
      • Any leather shoe/guardian boots/demon boots
      • Undead Cape/Thetford Cape
      if your open world 1vX guardian helmet, assassin jacket, demon boots are key to being able to live should the fight start not going your way, but I've added the most commonly used items combined with 1h spear for fame farming as well. Always use an omelette for pvp with 1h spear solo.
      Last tip, you only have to refresh your spear stacks every 8 seconds when your at max stacks so if you are going to use the second q keep that in mind, spears can be mana hungry.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

I use them all 500/700 spear specialization, if your finding the first q difficult it is possible to have a playstyle using the second q(it's a self buff instead of damage plus buff like the first q) cheap build would be:
      • 1h Spear
      • Torch/Mistcaller
      • Guardian Helm/Stalker hood
      • Mage robe/cleric robe/assassin jacket
      • Any leather shoe/guardian boots/demon boots
      • Undead Cape/Thetford Cape
      if your open world 1vX guardian helmet, assassin jacket, demon boots are key to being able to live should the fight start not going your way, but I've added the most commonly used items combined with 1h spear for fame farming as well. Always use an omelette for pvp with 1h spear solo.
      Last tip, you only have to refresh your spear stacks every 8 seconds when your at max stacks so if you are going to use the second q keep that in mind, spears can be mana hhungry.

Thank you so much!!!