What are you waiting to nerf Greataxe?

• Wow if only there was a precedent for burst based weapons. hmmmmm

First off, use a god damn res pot. Or an i-frame. Or just pop a movement ability or a dash and walk away.

The weapon is still C-D tier for 1v1s, and in organized group fights with competed players is outperformed by spears.

In exactly what content are you struggling with great axe? I want to know, I need a good laugh.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • Zentiic wrote:

Wow if only there was a precedent for burst based weapons. hmmmmm

First off, use a god damn res pot. Or an i-frame. Or just pop a movement ability or a dash and walk away.

The weapon is still C-D tier for 1v1s, and in organized group fights with competed players is outperformed by spears.

In exactly what content are you struggling with great axe? I want to know, I need a good laugh.
      You already give me a good laugh saying at organized group spear outperforms axes. Hahaha.

The AOE damage is stupid strong and grants speed and uninterruptible channeling. Bullshiet.

Hunter hood is dead. No one uses it rn.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

You already give me a good laugh saying at organized group spear outperforms axes. Hahaha.
      The AOE damage is stupid strong and grants speed and uninterruptible channeling. Bullshiet.

Iframes and root counter this. And the fact that it's melee as well. Cleric robe for example, easily renders whirlwind to nothingness. Any form of gap/distance creating ability counters the greataxe since adrenaline rush can no longer be used as a gap closer (but more of a means to stick to your target when you've closed the gap).

Those who believe you cannot CC it, you are incorrect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by j0ei ().

• PaladinJavier wrote:

Zentiic wrote:

Wow if only there was a precedent for burst based weapons. hmmmmm

Ah yes go tell the 5v5 crystal community how spear isn't good in group content. Let me remind you that the only melee bruiser weapons played past level 6s are spears because wait for it... people know what their doing.

AOE damage is pretty solid yeah, but that's it's thing so whatever.

I never mentioned hunter hood, and I don't disagree with you in terms of their being better options. Where did this come from?
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • Yeah, melee bruiser with damn royal armor is meta... Got to be kidding. Crystal You looking winning points. Nothing to do with most content at black zone and roads : gvg and ZvZ.
      No damn spear is better than Axe as melee bruiser.

Going to the point, You can't cleric robe That stupid Axe cause damage is insane If You use a damn robe.

Pretty balanced, Sbi. No need of stacking or doing shiet.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

Yeah, melee bruiser with damn royal armor is meta... Got to be kidding. Crystal You looking winning points. Nothing to do with most content at black zone and roads : gvg and ZvZ.

Going to the point, You can't cleric robe That stupid Axe cause damage is insane If You use a damn robe.

There it is again, using corrupted dungeons as an example to determine whether a weapon is "balanced" or not. Goodjob
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

Yeah, melee bruiser with damn royal armor is meta... Got to be kidding. Crystal You looking winning points. Nothing to do with most content at black zone and roads : gvg and ZvZ.

That´s T6 corrupted.

I am sorry but you can kill people there even with staff of balance.

In T8 corrupted, you won´t kill a thing. Because greataxe is merely a one trick pony without any mobility.
      In a sense, it´s like black hands or one shot pike.

decand wrote:

Axes can have some power moved back to Q with greataxe E nerfed slightly.

Right now it seems to be the only thing keeping the axe tree viable and I think that's a shame.
      I would rather adrenaline boost would be fixed. Remove that 40% attack speed and just revert it back to what it was.

Revert bear paws change to what it was.

Just move axes to what they were before, nerf a bit damage on Q, keep the aoe range on Q and we will be golden.

And chane greataxe to what it was before, only make it interruptable after like 1.5 seconds after it starts spinning so there is opportunity to cancel it.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

It's about damage and Zero pre stacks and stupidly easy damage output what this post is about. Sbi doing same mistake with braindead bearpaws few months ago.
      Umm, axes literally are a weapon that is based around No Stacks. New battleaxe is the only exception.

Axes have no stacks and so they can seemingly just throw out their abilities out there. BUT - it´ s not without a cost.
      First their energy cost is insane - not even lymhurst cape is enough for any longer fights.
      Second is that they have no damn synergy. They have just ... Damage. They have no CC, no armor shredding, they have just damage, aoe damage. That´s all they have.

And this AOE damage was actually nerfed recently. Q has now lower range than sword Q, W (raging blades ) hitbox is a joke now. Adrenaline boost was nerfed to the ground and is only useful in group fights, unable to be used as a gap closer, therefore axes are useless in 1 v 1 and in open world for ganking and such. It´s only a group weapon - greataxe.

Greataxe is the last thing axes have ( apart maybe realmbreaker in zvz).

Is the damage high ? Yeah. But it´s the only thing axes have right now - the greataxe E.

Q on axes nerfed to the Ground.
      Bleed got nerfed by i think 20% and healing reduction from 20% to i think 12% ?
      Adrenaline boost nerfed to the ground.
      Raging blades brutally nerfed since hitbox is even more atrocious than Q was before it got fixed.

Battleaxe is a joke.
      Carrion Caller is just a bruh.
      Realmbreaker i guess good in zvz, if people still use it - but i heard the E is bugged here and then and hits somewhere else like before ? If so, huge meh.
      Infernal Scythe - could have some potential in group fights after buff.
      Bear Paws - no longer useful in 1 v 1 as axe has no mobility without gap closer and thus they are useless in 1 v 1, since they can´t stick to people to damage and thus kill them. Mediocre without boost. Also big energy cost.
      Halberd - what a joke.

Greataxe - pretty strong group weapon, useful for jebaiting.

Now axes only have greataxe. I enjoyed axes very much before, as i could play battleaxe in 1 v 1 and greataxe in open - now i can´t do that anymore, sadge.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Umm, axes literally are a weapon that is based around No Stacks. New battleaxe is the only exception.
      Axes have no stacks and so they can seemingly just throw out their abilities out there. BUT - it´ s not without a cost.
      First their energy cost is insane - not even lymhurst cape is enough for any longer fights.
      Second is that they have no damn synergy. They have just ... Damage. They have no CC, no armor shredding, they have just damage, aoe damage. That´s all they have.

And this AOE damage was actually nerfed recently. Q has now lower range than sword Q, W (raging blades ) hitbox is a joke now. Adrenaline boost was nerfed to the ground and is only useful in group fights, unable to be used as a gap closer, therefore axes are useless in 1 v 1 and in open world for ganking and such. It´s only a group weapon - greataxe.

Greataxe is the last thing axes have ( apart maybe realmbreaker in zvz).

Is the damage high ? Yeah. But it´s the only thing axes have right now - the greataxe E.

Q on axes nerfed to the Ground.
      Bleed got nerfed by i think 20% and healing reduction from 20% to i think 12% ?
      Adrenaline boost nerfed to the ground.
      Raging blades brutally nerfed since hitbox is even more atrocious than Q was before it got fixed.

Battleaxe is a joke.
      Carrion Caller is just a bruh.
      Realmbreaker i guess good in zvz, if people still use it - but i heard the E is bugged here and then and hits somewhere else like before ? If so, huge meh.
      Infernal Scythe - could have some potential in group fights after buff.
      Bear Paws - no longer useful in 1 v 1 as axe has no mobility without gap closer and thus they are useless in 1 v 1, since they can´t stick to people to damage and thus kill them. Mediocre without boost. Also big energy cost.
      Halberd - what a joke.

Greataxe - pretty strong group weapon, useful for jebaiting.

Now axes only have greataxe. I enjoyed axes very much before, as i could play battleaxe in 1 v 1 and greataxe in open - now i can´t do that anymore, sadge.
      Man ur wasting ur time explaining to noobs the pros and cons of axes. They don't even understand what the main purpose or role of an axe is and how it plays. They simply think that certain classes should not have x amount of damage bla bla bla without knowing that the class can't even function properly without having some form of extreme energy replenishment.

The good players who adapt and know what they're doing will find success in their battles but even then, it's not a 100% success ratio, they can just as easily lose depending on the circumstances of the fight.
    • I must insist damage is overtunned. With next patch they Will have more mobility than spear and swords. Dagger is getting nerfed.

I see You accept is overtunned but Say is only one Axe has. Well:
      Sword' only have carving.
      Spear has spirithunter.
      Dagger has bloodletter and avalonian dagger

Axes having greataxe , bearpaws, realmbraker, halberd and incoming buffed soulscythe for most content are way in better place.