What are you waiting to nerf Greataxe?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

moking wrote:

Both axes and spears are Extremely strong, they just do different things. Neither is weak in anyway shape or form or capacity.

Nearly every single axe has been s tier in some form of content for years , same as spears. As far as popularity goes between the two axes have always shined over spears in that department as the damage delivery is simple and easy to pick up vs spears. Also because of merc jacket.

Is great axe overturned right now? yes it is. But it needs to be to function well in pvp otherwise it is useless. This is an mmo stop tryin gto remove fun from the game.

Axes don't need any buffs nor nerfs, they are fine in their current state(Yes even battle axe).If anything Spears need a slight nerf on auto attacks.
      Now i remember axes in past.
      Playing axes in past felt like being inadequate to others. Of course, spears were even in worse position for a long time as their Q sucked.

I remember how bleeds didn´t stack and you could have only one axe in a group.
      I remember how mage robe purged everything from you because of your tiny bleeds. That was horrible.

Oh and you mention mercenary jacket. Now, i hate that. Because i absolutely hate dots. They proc cleric robe, armor of valor, soldier armor, and what´s worse they now put you in combat and you can´t play axes in open world because you can´t even mount up because of bleeds.

I wish they just removed bleeds or give me passive that removes bleed for like 5% dmg increase or something, or just straight up remove it.

Now i am more about open world, solo or small scale or duo ganking etc, and 1 v 1.

And i can´t do that anymore. In past, you could play solo/duo open world as axes had mobility - now you can´t, as axes have no mobility and no means of staying on target.
      Similarly for 1 v 1 - axes were trash, then battleaxe got buffed and axes actually somewhat worked - i enjoyed it in corrupted.
      Then bear paws were buffed and "solution" to nerfthem was to ..... remove their only mobility ( W). Great solution, for it only resulted in not only bear paws being trash, but also axes being useless in 1 v 1 and solo / duo open world.

I am just salty about the adrenaline boost change. It was the only means for axes to stay on target.
      Swords have Q/W, daggers have Q / W, Spears have Q/W - all of them have some means of mobility / CC.

But axes only have W. They have no form of CC, just W. And they are melee. And guess what - if you take away mobility, suprise suprise - axes then suck in 1 v 1, ganking and solo/duo open world and ganking, because they have no means of staying on target.

Wish they just removed bear paws instead of doing .. this. And regarding adr boost from 2.5 sc to 3.5 sc - i am not sure that´s enough. Will see.
      Just remove bear paws, give back old adrenaline , and that´s it. Sadge.

Also yeah, spear´s autoattack is hih on weapons like glaive, one shot pike etc, yep. At least spears can have some fun i suppose, for they sucked for a long time.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • New

PaladinJavier wrote:

I must insist damage is overtunned. With next patch they Will have more mobility than spear and swords. Dagger is getting nerfed.

I see You accept is overtunned but Say is only one Axe has. Well:
      Sword' only have carving.
      Spear has spirithunter.
      Dagger has bloodletter and avalonian dagger

Axes having greataxe , bearpaws, realmbraker, halberd and incoming buffed soulscythe for most content are way in better place.
      Man the more you talk the more it's clear you have no idea what you're saying. Just play a bit more and you'll realise the amount of trash you're saying
    • New

Harondale wrote:

The view times i battled against an axe wielder, the dmg didn´t seem to be the problem imo,

The range is what concerns me more. I literally got massacred by its generated wind.... means i was definitely out of range and still got damage
      This could also be your ping btw.

PaladinJavier wrote:

j0ei wrote:

PaladinJavier wrote:

yeah me too. How Many times spear has tried to catch me at ZvZ????? ZERO TIMES.Halberd and realmbreaker destroying pushing backlines, but Yeah, sure trinity spear just autoattack You and your Friends. Lmaoooo
      - Zero times because you're too new to the game and you don't know about Glaives LMFAO.You've no idea the amount of abuse people who get fished in ZvZs have felt LOL!

And you don't have enough braincells to understand how Trinity spears largely contribute to castle fight ZvZs and smashing hideouts
      lmaoooo. Does it make it a bruiser melee? This is dumbest answer I read at this forum.No ZVZ composition put an spear as melee ZvZ.

As I said, only thing trinity is useful to buff speed ho hammering. Nothing else. That 's why You puta a t4 at bag but doesnt make it a better option to win any fight.
      Bro, stop playing at test server lmaooo
      Imagine asking a stupid question when the answer is obvious lmfaoo, spears aren't ZvZ-bruiser type weapons. They're stronger on focused-sustain damage, which is why the spirit-hunter cleric robe with assassin hood + royal sandals is a core meta zvz weapon. Glaives are specialized for fishing in ZvZ, you who have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about should just stop now. You're only making a fool of yourself, I literally just showed you a video of how a simple swap can fish targets in dragged fights. Fishing a caller or 20 isolated tanks that overextend makes a huge difference, most especially if the enemy regears are FAR from the fight. If you think that's test server you need to wake up and open your eyes LOL
    • New

Zentiic wrote:

Harondale wrote:

The range is what concerns me more. I literally got massacred by its generated wind.... means i was definitely out of range and still got damage
      Did you get kited by a melee weapon?!
      What's your build?
      Actually im quite a beginner playing warbow.
      I dont know the exact range of great axe but in terms of distance i was definitely out of range.

I allready had an issue vs regular bow as well.
      Some people seem to be able to autoattack me allthough im way above the edge only seeing the name tag.

But as J0ei allready mentioned... ping can be a naughty b....!
    • New

moking wrote:

Both axes and spears are Extremely strong, they just do different things. Neither is weak in anyway shape or form or capacity.

Nearly every single axe has been s tier in some form of content for years , same as spears. As far as popularity goes between the two axes have always shined over spears in that department as the damage delivery is simple and easy to pick up vs spears. Also because of merc jacket.

Is great axe overturned right now? yes it is. But it needs to be to function well in pvp otherwise it is useless. This is an mmo stop tryin gto remove fun from the game.

Axes don't need any buffs nor nerfs, they are fine in their current state(Yes even battle axe).If anything Spears need a slight nerf on auto attacks.
      thats what I said except I do think greataxe needs a nerf at damage bud but these snowflakes got salty really fast.
      Talked about greataxe "overtunned" and started to act like crybabies.
    • New

I mean, if the burst is too big, why not just increase the channel duration to 3s alongside distributing the damage alongside those 3 seconds aswell, at the same time giving the uninterruptibble channel more duration time and more capability to engage through zoning tools without spinning half of your DPS into nothingness, also allowing proper counters (Roots and slows) that have melee cast range (Snare charge for example) to be applied without half of your tank's face melting off in the process.
      Sounds like a reasonable trade-off doesn't it?
    • New

Hattenhair wrote:

I mean, if the burst is too big, why not just increase the channel duration to 3s alongside distributing the damage alongside those 3 seconds aswell, at the same time giving the uninterruptibble channel more duration time and more capability to engage through zoning tools without spinning half of your DPS into nothingness, also allowing proper counters (Roots and slows) that have melee cast range (Snare charge for example) to be applied without half of your tank's face melting off in the process.
      Maybe, greataxe is a weapon that punishes bad players, now more than ever. As long as people clump, greataxe can deal damage - but if people are careful, it can be meh.

Either way, i am honestly glad axes finally have something decent now. Considering axes have no iframes, next to no cc, no defensives and meh mobility ( hopefully new adrenaline boost will be helpful, or ugh ... the ... dash ... ), it should have at least some darn damage.

Tbh, if i had E like 1H mace does, i would trade it instantly - imagine aoe stun, aoe damage and uninterruptible jump with iframe. Meanwhile axe has just uninterruptible damage. While there are many ways to deal with axe, there are next to no good ways to deal with 1h mace.
      Lot of e are absolutely brutal, so i am fine axes actually has what they are supposed to have - some god damn damage.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • New

Hattenhair wrote:

Your logic makes perfect sense, however I believe Retroman desired it to be 2.5s as he wants it to be a "burst" type of ability. And it does not last long enough to still do damage after i-Frame counter abilities like soldier helmet or cleric robe or cleric cowl etc.
    • New

PaladinJavier wrote:

I must insist damage is overtunned. With next patch they Will have more mobility than spear and swords. Dagger is getting nerfed.

I see You accept is overtunned but Say is only one Axe has. Well:
      Sword' only have carving.
      Spear has spirithunter.
      Dagger has bloodletter and avalonian dagger

Axes having greataxe , bearpaws, realmbraker, halberd and incoming buffed soulscythe for most content are way in better place.
      Greataxe is not even seen in Slayer CD's, in stalker CD's has a 48% winrate tops.
      Damage is easly denied even in CDs, where people now seem to be running clerics robe + cleric cowl.

Swords are not just carving, broadsword and claymore will push your stuff in.
      Spears id say its the most viable overall weapon since literally all of them are being used for different contents.
      Dagger in stalkers 1h are literally melting people, bloodletters are good overall, brittle fury is strong in group content, blackhands are also super strong in cd's

do you need any more input than this ?

PS: greataxe win% was taken out of a very known website.
      With Best Regards

Nuno "SilentNJ" Jesus
    • New

SilentNJ wrote:

Greataxe is not even seen in Slayer CD's, in stalker CD's has a 48% winrate tops.Damage is easly denied even in CDs, where people now seem to be running clerics robe + cleric cowl.

Swords are not just carving, broadsword and claymore will push your stuff in.
      Spears id say its the most viable overall weapon since literally all of them are being used for different contents.
      Dagger in stalkers 1h are literally melting people, bloodletters are good overall, brittle fury is strong in group content, blackhands are also super strong in cd's

do you need any more input than this ?

PS: greataxe win% was taken out of a very known website.
      He doesn't have a lot of gameplay experience so he's just judging based on a specific circumstance where enemy takes all the damage for free and calls it overtuned. Skillfull-outplays and defensives are something he does not consider when looking at the way weapons are balanced.