Explanation of Updated Marketplace Notifications

• Explanation of Updated Marketplace Notifications

Hello all,

To address some of the confusion around Marketplace Notification Mails (i.e. mails sent via the ingame mail system about items bought and sold on the Marketplace), we want to provide a more thorough explanation.

Over the past months, as Albion's population has grown, the load on the ingame mail servers has increased. This was due in large part to the huge numbers of notifications generated by Marketplace transactions, which could number in the hundreds per day for some players.

With Patch 8, the system was changed as follows:
      • Notifications are now only sent when a Buy or Sell Order is completely fulfilled or expires
      • These mails contain a summary of all relevant transactions, and notifications are no longer sent for every single transaction
      This means that for Buy or Sell orders with multiple items, numerous transactions could take place before any notifications were generated. Additionally, as the order in some cases is completed long after silver or items were received by the seller or buyer, the silver / items reflected in the summary message may no longer reflect the actual silver / items available.

As a first step of addressing this in Patch 9, we will be updating the text of these summary notifications with a reminder that they are a summary of a full Buy or Sell Order. Additionally, notifications will now also be sent when a Buy or Sell Order is cancelled by the player who placed it.

We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of this system, and are open to your feedback as to how clear and effective it is.
    • Thank you for this explanation. I agree it's quite confusing at the beginning.
      Regarding the history of the transactions, why not adding a transaction history view so for those who sell/buy a lot, they will have a possibility to follow up their business?
      I mean a real buy/sold historical view separated of the notification system.

Best regards.
    • Personally I would like to have the new notifications as a toggleable option.

I fully appreciate the spam for those who sell bulk quantities that are purchased in low volume (ie food/pots).

For those who sell low volume, high end items the old system was nice. You could see who bought which importantly you could follow up with messages to potentially establish further trade.

It also gave you an understanding of the frequency of sales, whereas now you may wait hours, days, weeks for realisation of completed sales.

Further the new system adds a layer of confusion as you are unable to track your silver income as a result of the sales. The bulk notification means you potentially spent the silver without realising.

None of these issues are game breaking. They are all QoL problems. The intent behind the change is great, just give the player the option to have the old vs new system.
    • I have to say that you guys did not think this feature through. This causes a lot of confusion and since there is no silver acquisition log, you never know which of your 50 buy or sell orders is using or giving silver.

You should really add a transaction log. Just look at the EVE Sell/Buy orders window and Wallet window, something that combines both in a single view with tabs would be brilliant.
    • ForgotPants wrote:

I have to say that you guys did not think this feature through. This causes a lot of confusion and since there is no silver acquisition log, you never know which of your 50 buy or sell orders is using or giving silver.

You should really add a transaction log. Just look at the EVE Sell/Buy orders window and Wallet window, something that combines both in a single view with tabs would be brilliant.
      I like this idea. Would love to know when my order was fulfilled. A timestamp would be nice for each item within the order.
      Your one stop shop when considering game economics. ign: Latenightpizzas

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Latenightpizzas

The post was edited 1 time, last by latenightpizzas ().

• ForgotPants wrote:

I have to say that you guys did not think this feature through. This causes a lot of confusion and since there is no silver acquisition log, you never know which of your 50 buy or sell orders is using or giving silver.

buy orders consume all the silver when you place them, not when they buy an item
    • Reiswaffle wrote:

ForgotPants wrote:

buy orders consume all the silver when you place them, not when they buy an item
      Yes I know that, my point was that when someone sold to my buy order, I knew what I was spending silver on and could adjust my buy orders in other cities if needed. For example, when I put orders for Sauce in Lymhurst and Fort Sterling and buy some in one city vs the other.