Cursed skills

• Combat Balance
    • Cursed skills

I'm no expert in combat data so this is purely gut-feeling and may break things.

I fell like Area of Decay (Great Cursed E) is underused because, why channel a tiny area to apply 4 curses and remove HoT if I can do that with 2 Cursed Sickles and negate 60% of healing with Field of Death in a much bigger area instantly and remain mobile?
      The skill would even synergize well with Cursed Beam, if not for the channel.

Either:
      • Remove the channel
      • Increase channel duration and add a slow debuff on entry

Inner Shadow might be too strong if it sticks to the target, but at least let me cast it on the ground after a target is selected. Let me aim where the enemy will be, not where it was a second ago.

Enfeeble Blades could be more useful if cast on an enemy target and made purgeable as buff/debuff.

Cursed Sickle could be more fun if it adjusts the angle of the returning trajectory to where your position is, right before it returns.

Grudge could be more useful more distinct if it heals the caster for a percent of the damage caused by the skill (and had damage lowered).

Dark Matter could be more useful more distinct if it interrupted (and had damage lowered).

Right now the only useful Ws are Armor Piercer and Desecrate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neekk0 ().

• Neekk0 wrote:

I'm no expert in combat data so this is purely gut-feeling and may break things.

I fell like Area of Decay (Great Cursed E) is underused because, why channel a tiny area to apply 4 curses and remove HoT if I can do that with 2 Cursed Sickles and negate 60% of healing with Field of Death in a much bigger area instantly and remain mobile?

Either:
      • Remove the channel

Inner Shadow might be too strong if it sticks to the target, but at least let me cast it on the ground after a target is selected. Let me aim where the enemy will be, not where it was a second ago.

Enfeeble Blades could be more useful if cast on an enemy target and made purgeable as buff/debuff.

Cursed Sickle could be more fun if it adjusts the angle of the returning trajectory to where your position is, right before it returns.

Grudge could be more useful if it heals the caster for a percent of the damage caused by the skill.

Dark Matter could be more useful if it interrupted.

Just answering about grudge,

Literally every cursed uses this skill how it is underpowered or useless?
    • Great curse E is the most heavily used E of the entire curse line. The quick stacking from a distance is huge. You talk about cursed sickle but that is hot garbage. Sure you "could" get 4 stacks with 2 sickle casts but only brain dead opponents walk right into it for that to happen. You can literally run circles around that terrible Q.

Grudge is already quite strong adding a heal to that would be ungodly broken.

I do agree enfeeble blades is kind of shit because it only has any use at all if an opponent stands right on your face.

The cursed beam revamp is even worse than the original version. It gets 0 play in any situation. The channel being a slow of some sort that applies 1 stack of vile or something of that sort would fit better.

Curse does have some decent skills/abilities and is a strong option for many types of content but yes like many other classes could use a touch up on the dead skills/weapon lines.
    • Neekk0 wrote:

Either:
      • Remove the channel

Grudge could be more useful if it heals the caster for a percent of the damage caused by the skill.

Dark Matter could be more useful if it interrupted.

Rancor is Cursed's most powerful W and is even broken, how do you come and say it's useless?

Armor piercer is only used because it is the only W available for 5v5, 10v10 etc, but armor piercer is even more horrible after the nerf it was nerfed, Rancor is the only strong W of Cursed.

And cursed doesn't need a buff, it's present in literally all game content, it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game, some W's should be remade to be useful, but cursed shouldn't be buffed

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nature_DG_Solo ().

• bro curse does not need a buff more than this
      it is represented in many areas of the game

great curse E is viable in all contents with its large range AOE dot which stacks with Q making sure you always have 4 stacks on multiple targets

inner shadow has the one of the highest aoe dps in the game because it is 1 handed and its base damage is on par with brimstone

enfeeble blades may need a buff but 50% reduced damage is nothing to laugh at when in team fights

grudge is the highest damage W in the game it does not need a buff it already hits for 1k damage ++ when maxed spec and 6 stacked

dark matter had its ranged and damage buffed to decent levels and now actually hits like a truck in small scale fights
      in a 2v2 scenario it deals so much damage that players are force to split apart or be hit for 1/3 of their health after resistances are taken into consideration
      add that with something like 1h curse for single target burst or great curse for constant aoe pressure and you got a decent build

not as good as reg bow in single target damage department but you have immunity to purges or at least is not affected as much
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Tabor wrote:

Great curse E is the most heavily used E of the entire curse line. The quick stacking from a distance is huge. You talk about cursed sickle but that is hot garbage. Sure you "could" get 4 stacks with 2 sickle casts but only brain dead opponents walk right into it for that to happen. You can literally run circles around that terrible Q.

Grudge is already quite strong adding a heal to that would be ungodly broken.

I do agree enfeeble blades is kind of shit because it only has any use at all if an opponent stands right on your face.

The cursed beam revamp is even worse than the original version. It gets 0 play in any situation. The channel being a slow of some sort that applies 1 stack of vile or something of that sort would fit better.

Curse does have some decent skills/abilities and is a strong option for many types of content but yes like many other classes could use a touch up on the dead skills/weapon lines.
      Anecdotal, but I have never seen a single Area of Decay being cast. I do mostly PvE or factions tho, idk about other content. But I don't personally felt it was as useful as the other cursed Es.

Seems everyone agrees Grudge is fine and I won't argue that, I admitted that it's just my gut feeling and limited knowledge. Maybe its just the way I play, but lowering defenses + some damage, always seemed to impact the fight more than adding some DoT on top.
      Doing the math now, with 1060 IP as per wiki, that would amount to ~1660ish damage at 1 hit/s, before resistances and ability bonuses? I will play it more to compare!
      Still, since I don't really use Cursed to deal a whole lot of damage, but to debuff and be useful to the group in other ways besides raw dmg I imagined the damage could be lowered to balance out the vampirism I proposed.

Wouldn't Cursed Beam with slow be too similar to Frost Beam? I agree it needs some changes to be played more, if not paired with an Area of Decay.

And cursed sickle can hit quite the crowd on zvz so no complaints from me, but the angle changing like a homing boomerang would just be fun to play.

Sevolak wrote:

Neekk0 wrote:

-snip-
      Just answering about grudge,
      Literally every cursed uses this skill how it is underpowered or useless?
      I addressed it above. I was wrong about the current utility as DoT but I reimagined the ability :)

pinto wrote:

wtf, cursed doesn't needs a buff, it's present in EVERY SINGLE CONTENT OF THE GAME.
      That does not prevent us from sharing some ideas, does it? It's not like I have a sway in development and I'm just sharing to get some feedback and learn something new.

Nature_DG_Solo wrote:

Neekk0 wrote:

-snip-
      Rancor is Cursed's most powerful W and is even broken, how do you come and say it's useless?
      Profanity is completely useless and armor piercer is only used because it is the only W available for 5v5, 10v10 etc, but armor piercer is even more horrible after the nerf it was nerfed, Rancor is the only strong W of Cursed.

And cursed doesn't need a buff, it's present in literally all game content, it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game, some W's should be remade to be useful, but cursed shouldn't be buffed
      That's where the difference in content matters, I think. In factions I have rooted so many players to their demise with Desecrate, that it makes me think its better than the alternatives.
    • Tabor wrote:

Great curse E is the most heavily used E of the entire curse line. The quick stacking from a distance is huge.

The cursed beam revamp is even worse than the original version. .
      Agreed. The Great Cursed E has a long range, and can renew existing stacks, even if they only get hit by it once

I had high hopes for Cursed Beam, but after trying it out in some arenas and scrims... I can confirm it is not viable for any content.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec