Revive cultist robe

• Did you even play back then?

The amount of stupid shit people were able to do with that was insane.

Keep it as it is. Useful for sustaining after winning a trade, useful as a defensive but not so unbelievably strong to win fights b/c of having 2 health bars just because you ran into an opponent who only does physical damage.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • Zentiic wrote:

Did you even play back then?

The amount of stupid shit people were able to do with that was insane.

Keep it as it is. Useful for sustaining after winning a trade, useful as a defensive but not so unbelievably strong to win fights b/c of having 2 health bars just because you ran into an opponent who only does physical damage.
      this game have more content than only CD. :) no one cares about this u are losing 1v1.

cultist robe was one of the best armor for solo players in open world. also was nice armor for killing aspects etc.. now is trash useless armor.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

Mercenary jacket DoT abusers are only ones to go autohealing playstyle. Cultist robe was the way melees could sustain at battles.
      Right now all robes healing ability is better than cultist one. Seeing most weapons have interrupt at their arsenal, bringing back old cultist is a must.
      Cultist robe was the biggest cancer ever for a long time.

It was almost as bad as cleric robe with graveguard helmet.

Cultist Robe when it give immunity to melee attacks was absolute joke and provided complete immunity against melee without CC abilities.
      And no, too many builds have no interrupts.

As for mercenary jacket - i would just remove dots. I hate dots. I am axe player, and i want that thing gone. It procs oponnents cleric robes, armor of valor, soldier armor and some other items - No Thank You. I don´t want that. Wish i could remove dots or put a passive that removes dots. What´s worse, dots keep you in combat - i should put that to bug reports, right.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Cultist Robe when it give immunity to melee attacks was absolute joke and provided complete immunity against melee without CC abilities.
      And no, too many builds have no interrupts.
      Even if you had Interrupts, most Cultist Robe users were also rocking Specter Hood to have 2 complete free heals because there was essentially no way in the game to beat that. Throw it on a ranged attacker build with that sweet +58% damage it gave and the non-stop DPS from being a ranged attacker where you can essentially stand still and destroy everything and then use invisibility (or Undead Cape) if you ever felt like you were actually in trouble or stupidly fast boots and you were quite literally unkillable even in most situations where you were outnumbered.

Fuck Cultist Robe. Keep it dead. The fact it heals at all just makes it cancer. It lasted years and was complete cancer held up by idiots trying to claim it was risk=reward even though the only risk you had was getting ganked by a half dozen people as that was the only way you were going down.

Borbarad wrote:

As for mercenary jacket - i would just remove dots.
      That would make this game so much better. Axes/Curse with Merc Jacket and DING DING SPECTER HOOD FOR THE DOUBLE HEAL is just terrible as well. Self-healing in Albion has always been a massive problem.
    • It was one of the few items that allows you to fight 1 v X now you can do shit, in most examples now you are run by noobs like a dog and you can do shit with it. against skilled and not brainless players the cult was not so strong.

Acoustic wrote:

That would make this game so much better. Axes/Curse with Merc Jacket and DING DING SPECTER HOOD FOR THE DOUBLE HEAL is just terrible as well. Self-healing in Albion has always been a massive problem.
      ?? all these self healing nerfs are forcing you to play with team, and lock ur ability to do solo world boss etc.. its not healthy for open world and zerg fiesta. I dont understand why you hate self healing items.
    • deenne wrote:

It was one of the few items that allows you to fight 1 v X now you can do shit, in most examples now you are run by noobs like a dog and you can do shit with it. against skilled and not brainless players the cult was not so strong.
      There's an entire armor in the game designed around self-healing that's stronger when facing multiple opponents, kind of like it was designed for it. It's called Hellion Jacket. Why not actually get good instead of relying on an absolutely broken crutch of an ability? It was, "not so strong"? You're right, it was absolutely absurdly overpowered and broken. You passively had 50%+8% damage/heal boost, you instantly gained full immunity from physical damage meaning it could be used to completely nullify attacks from multiple weapons and even if that attack was something that Interrupted the ability you still avoided the damage (so you always had an HP advantage anyways), then you essentially fully healed all your health AND mana during the channel (not just one or the other, but BOTH) because it was 10 ticks at 4% per tick yet received all healing boosts (like the one already on the robe), on an insanely short 30 second CD. It was an ability that did everything and was basically the only choice. Even if it was a minute long cooldown it would have been absurdly broken because it single-handedly won fights and you had multiple ways to essentially guarantee it's activation.

deenne wrote:

?? all these self healing nerfs are forcing you to play with team, and lock ur ability to do solo world boss etc.. its not healthy for open world and zerg fiesta. I dont understand why you hate self healing items.
      I hate brainless overpowered cheese, and self-healing is almost always a part of that. Hitting somebody with a ranged DOT for 20 damage over 10 seconds and healing hundreds of hit points while you kite away from them shouldn't be a thing unless it's a weapon ability and the weapon is balanced around it like 1H Dagger or Battleaxe. Why do you think they've had to nerf Holy/Nature so hard in Corrupteds over the past months?