What are you doing????

    • What are you doing????

      Novice with a smartphone.

      Hallo, dear Retroman, I'm a little poor monkey. I had just escaped from a zoo and wanna play your game. I have already learned 3 buttons(Q, E and R) and now can play pvp with a coursed staff, crossbow and other great weapons, you did for me. You's merssenary jacket is pretty awaysome. Thank you, for nerfing guardian helm. Now I can use it in almost any fight an live two times.
      But old players tell me something about some "skill". I don't know, what is skill and don't need it with your great staff. Please do something to make those bad guys trading with my double HP, insane, non-reflectable damage coursed staff. Because they don't want to =(((


      Now during an invasion a new mob type spawns in every corridor, which applies a stacking debuff to the first player passing it. Punishing players for resetting the fight too often.
      • Mob Spawn Condition:
        • 150s have passed after Invasion start.
        • AND a player damages another player
      • Mob Behavior:
        • These Mobs are placed in every corridor
        • When a player enters it's aggro range the mob applied a stack of Corruption Debuff
        • The Mob can see invsible players
        • There should be no way to dodge the debuff with an i-frame
        • After the debuff is applied the mob vanishes. (so, the next player can pass without getting the debuff
        • After 30s the Mob respawns
        • If a mob respawns, they immediately can aggro the closest player. (to prevent players getting past a mob om respawn without getting the debuff)
        • IF both players don't damage each other for 45s all of these mobs will temporarily despawn.
        • But if a player damages another player again later, they will keep respawning again.
      • Corruption Debuff:
        • Reduces Max Health by 1% per stack
        • On 6 or more stacks it additionally slows by 1% per stack
        • Max Stacks: 25
        • Duration: The entire Invasion
      • Other corrupted dungeon changes:
        • All Cooldowns (including capes) are now reset at the start of an invasion.
        • All Healing Cast inside the Corrupted Dungeon is now reduced more (10% -> 20%)
        • Spike Traps: Hit area improved to fit the visuals more closely allowing now to move exactly between two traps without getting hit
        • Demented Heretic Thief: Now acts more consistently on the start of combat always trying to slow
        • Slag Spewer: Now casts more frequently (Cooldown 5s -> 3s) and the Magma Ball moves faster while dealing less damage 900 -> 750 and reduced knock back 5m -> 2.5m
        • Incendiary Fissure and Magma Mephit: The damage effect can no longer be cleansed when inside the affected area
      I don't know, how are you, people. But I will leave albion if it will be moved to life server.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

    • I don't understand what's going on. SBI, maybe you should describe, where are you going and what should we expect?

      - You buffed bear puffs once. Players start to use it in PVP. Ok, why not? You buff it a second time. FOR WHAT??? Months of bear-puffs in each 2-3 dungeon. Then you nerfing it even more than it was before the first buff. No, it is useless. WTF? Are you satisfied now? Was that the task?
      - You nerfed wailing bow? FOR WHAT?? What was the issue? It was a bow, useless anywhere. 1 insane maniac, as I remember used it as a main PVP weapon +\- successfully. After rework, even that guy left it. Was it your goal? Or you really thought, it was a buff to make E cooldown so long and add def debuff? You reworked a useles weapon to a... useless weapon. WTF?
      - Frost staff. The same as a wailing bow. Reworking imba weapon to an... IMBA WEAPON. Frost is the same. It didn't become weaker. In some cases, it even becomes stronger with such a long CC. WTF?
      - With a new cape maces became a combination of highest mobility and high DPS from double Q. And what are you doing? Nerf CC?)))) Really? You can just change its appearance with the same profit))

      And now you are doing this... I even don't know, how to call it.
      You told us, Albion Online is a MOBA-like combats. Where did you saw MOBA without hit and run? Every MOBA fight is depended on hit and run and positioning for 50% as min. Do you really think, that MOBA-like fight looks like this?

      Have you ever tried to play MOBA? It's an isometric Lineage 2 combat. It was actual 20 years ago. 20!!!! YEARS!

      The issue of your combat balance is not in kiting or resetting fights. I'm sure, you should have some formulas or something like that, but there is the main principle of balancing in MMO games. If you make you build stronger in one aspect - you should become weaker in another one.

      For example, if daggers, spears are top DPS weapons - they should not have such mobility.
      Spear deals more damage from auto-attack, than some classes deals via ultimate, but at the same time it has a lot of CC and the most variable stack of W skills in the game(hook, speed and damage burst, reflect)
      Daggers are shooting people with one royal helm, but at the same time can jump through all the screen every 15 sec. The same skill gives you CC and can be used as a def ability because it is ignoring everything.
      Frost staff has insane CC and kiting potential with it's W and E. But at the same time it has enough damage to play as a bursting weapon. Look Humperdink, or LordBilbo builds. They are able to kill people with one burst.

      This is an issue. If some weapon has insane DPS that allows it to kill enemies with one combo - it's okay. But Such builds should pay with other parameters.
      If mace is the faster weapon in the game - why is it buffed with HP and can get good damage with double Q?

      If you wanna rebuild PVP in CD to make everyone fight like in above video, to allow mobile players have same success in PVP, as PC players - okay, but notify us about that. I don't wanna play such PVP. It's not MOBA-like, as you promoted in your advertising.

      SBI please, give some info to make players understand, what will Albion PVP looks like in the future. Not about graphics drawing or flags delivery buttle grounds imitation in the open world. But about your vision of how should PVP combats look like in your game.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

    • The proposed changes gives plenty of room for kiting builds it just punishes excessive resetting which is badly needed. It brings balance to fight vs kite and finally adds at least a little risk to the mobility builds. The changes are somewhat strange way to go about it but they definitely needed to do something.
    • WTF_Is_Going_On wrote:

      The issue of your combat balance is not in kiting or resetting fights
      yea you are right its not resetting problem.

      frost can poke you 300x reset fight 3000x do 30000 circles and finally after 30min you got bored and he can finish you. you are 100% right its not resetting problem.. 1 mistke u are dead, they can do 30000000x tries.

      for me after changes in open world they can delete CD from game.. no one cares about this garbage content..
      and this is not MOBA but SANDBOX.. want play moba go play LOL is that simple.
    • - MOBA Combat system != MOBA game.
      - Frost is a bad example. Yes, it can kite. It is mobile, but it is broken. With such a kiting potential it should have the same damage as quarterstaff or badon\warbow. But it has good damage, allows play even bursting tactic with morgana cape, or one-shot with a demon cape + royal helm. If we are talking about balanced kiting builds - they can reset, but their issue is that they need to play without critical mistakes while your enemy will do some. Because of your extra-low trade potential.
      - Okay. Reset mechanic allows the fast builds to reset a fight if they did a mistake. Not always, but in a lot of matchups, it really can reset a lot. Is it a strong benefit?
      Sure, it is.

      But is it stronger than a possibility to kill your enemy during a silence(pike), or stan(dagger)? If you did everything well - your enemy just dies without a possibility to press any button.
      Don't think so.

      Is it stronger than a possibility to be immortal(holy staff) against most of the classes in the game? When you have endless MP and restore 50% HP in 1-2 sec.
      Don't think so.

      It is impotent to clarify. I'm talking about combat balance. Not about infamy farm. If we are talking about infamy - then yes. Mobile builds can easily abuse it just skipping any risky fight and simply farm builds, they can easily kill.
      But smart players understand that Albion in-game ratings are just numbers and don't even look there.
      If you need some stats, which can +\- tell something about players skill - you should go to: murderledger.com/leaderboard. It is not perfect, but much better for sure.

      But it is not an issue of combat balance. It is an issue of CD design. As for me - I think, that sandbox doesn't need ratings. All the motivation should be built around a profit.
      But in the case of Albion... Siver and Fame are so easy to get, that everyone has everything, he needs after a first weak of playing the game. And without rates - there is no sense to play it) Simply nothing to do.
      It's a dark side of casualty in this HARDCORE! game.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

    • @WTF_Is_Going_On

      there is no such thing in the CD as SKILL is just the abuse specifik items and map layout

      there's no point in balancing something that can't be balanced without breaking the rest of the game.
      the only way to do a patch like the last one with separate debuffs affected only in cd.

      yes healers are cruelly strong, there is problem with sickness, not duration but the time it takes to get sick.

      to the same with the IP cap. some items need IP, somes dont. so it is impossible to balance the game with the IP CAP.
    • Tabor wrote:

      The proposed changes gives plenty of room for kiting builds it just punishes excessive resetting which is badly needed. It brings balance to fight vs kite and finally adds at least a little risk to the mobility builds. The changes are somewhat strange way to go about it but they definitely needed to do something.
      I've been complaining about the infinite resets as much as anyone but all I see this change doing is making people always pop 2 crystals, and then if they end up having to take an HP debuff they will just make a beeline for the 3rd one... A lot of the high infamy players already do this because there is next to no chance of dying unless you get 1 shotted. Nobody is gonna try and fight with an HP or speed debuff.

      The real issue with the infinite resets comes from the bats that really only help the runner and hinder the chaser, that's really the only purpose they serve besides the cancer builds that rely on them ... What is even the purpose of these things supposed to be? At the very least they shouldn't be respawning after an invade, giving you the option of killing them off if you don't want to deal with having your fight get ruined by them. I'd make the argument that they actually shouldn't even be there in the first place because RNG like this really doesn't belong in 1v1s.

      The other main issue is the combat timer is too short, in cds it should be doubled. These two changes alone would put a major dent in this reseting game, and they're both things I've been saying they should do since the cds were added to the game. The other thing I've been saying they should do is not make the crystals appear until contact is made, and if they do these proposed changes without doing that what is gonna happen is instead of someone losing a trade and resetting, they will just leave the dungeon instead.
    • @JonnnyBones, I don't sure, it is a perfect plan. Some CC-based builds can play around magma bets. I don't like that play style when you just trying to catch an enemy in magma, but I think, we need as many playable strategies, as possible. And this one should be. The same as kiting, 1-shout, self-healing, etc. And there were cases when players turned the fight with it.
      From the other side - there are also traps in there. So ... maybe it will not make CC useless.

      In common, your offer looks much more organic and deliberate than Retroman's.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

    • I called this a while ago, corrupted dungeons were a fluke design being far too good for the game. Game makers are already copying the design as it is exactly the strategic combat people look for. As for albion online they are going to do precisely what i expected them to do. Fuck it up lol. The new changes will be a kiters paradise and CD will be unplayable for 90% of builds. Most great ideas come from people by accident and albion just proved it.

      This patch will fuck the it up completely and the sad thing is the resets were never a problem. A tiny minority of the players who hardly ever play CD cry for reset play to end. So sad but i guess we look for new game now
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      The proposed changes gives plenty of room for kiting builds it just punishes excessive resetting which is badly needed. It brings balance to fight vs kite and finally adds at least a little risk to the mobility builds. The changes are somewhat strange way to go about it but they definitely needed to do something.
      I've been complaining about the infinite resets as much as anyone but all I see this change doing is making people always pop 2 crystals, and then if they end up having to take an HP debuff they will just make a beeline for the 3rd one... A lot of the high infamy players already do this because there is next to no chance of dying unless you get 1 shotted. Nobody is gonna try and fight with an HP or speed debuff.
      The real issue with the infinite resets comes from the bats that really only help the runner and hinder the chaser, that's really the only purpose they serve besides the cancer builds that rely on them ... What is even the purpose of these things supposed to be? At the very least they shouldn't be respawning after an invade, giving you the option of killing them off if you don't want to deal with having your fight get ruined by them. I'd make the argument that they actually shouldn't even be there in the first place because RNG like this really doesn't belong in 1v1s.

      The other main issue is the combat timer is too short, in cds it should be doubled. These two changes alone would put a major dent in this reseting game, and they're both things I've been saying they should do since the cds were added to the game. The other thing I've been saying they should do is not make the crystals appear until contact is made, and if they do these proposed changes without doing that what is gonna happen is instead of someone losing a trade and resetting, they will just leave the dungeon instead.


      You've been calling for no reset fights? well played i guess we found one of the idiots
    • BraveArt wrote:

      I called this a while ago, corrupted dungeons were a fluke design being far too good for the game. Game makers are already copying the design as it is exactly the strategic combat people look for. As for albion online they are going to do precisely what i expected them to do. Fuck it up lol. The new changes will be a kiters paradise and CD will be unplayable for 90% of builds. Most great ideas come from people by accident and albion just proved it.

      This patch will fuck the it up completely and the sad thing is the resets were never a problem. A tiny minority of the players who hardly ever play CD cry for reset play to end. So sad but i guess we look for new game now
      Yes. If they will improve it - it will be the last day, I play this game. I don't wanna play PVP from the start of 2000 when you just face-rolling with an enemy and pressing buttons in 2021th.
      When I made a choice between Albion and EvE Online - dynamic MOBA-like combats were the only strong side of the first one. If they will finish with it - I don't see a reason to play a castrated version of EvE if I can play a full one.
    • WTF_Is_Going_On wrote:

      BraveArt wrote:

      I called this a while ago, corrupted dungeons were a fluke design being far too good for the game. Game makers are already copying the design as it is exactly the strategic combat people look for. As for albion online they are going to do precisely what i expected them to do. Fuck it up lol. The new changes will be a kiters paradise and CD will be unplayable for 90% of builds. Most great ideas come from people by accident and albion just proved it.

      This patch will fuck the it up completely and the sad thing is the resets were never a problem. A tiny minority of the players who hardly ever play CD cry for reset play to end. So sad but i guess we look for new game now
      Yes. If they will improve it - it will be the last day, I play this game. I don't wanna play PVP from the start of 2000 when you just face-rolling with an enemy and pressing buttons in 2021th.When I made a choice between Albion and EvE Online - dynamic MOBA-like combats were the only strong side of the first one. If they will finish with it - I don't see a reason to play a castrated version of EvE if I can play a full one.
      Yup CD have way to many variables to introduce a handicap on one of the competitors. Childlike idea of a fix it really is. no Clue dev yet again
    • SBI, do you have some department to work with the comunity? Have they some responsibilities accept of deleting, or moving posts from balance thread to rants? Or ban players for their opinion, which is often a fair opinion?

      - We played for several months with total domination of frost and holly staff. Each second enemy was one of them. You did a patch.
      - We played for several months with total domination of frost and quarterstaff. And each second fight was against one of them again. You did a patch.
      - Today I have played your game for 2 hours. How do you think, what happened there? Mace, mace, frost, spear, frost mace. It's already going on for a month(+\-). And looks likes will continue for at least one more month.
      You did three updates. Two months for each. What was changed?

      Here is a "nerfed", or "reworked" in the previous patch, frost staff win-rate. As you see, nothing was changed. Wat was a reason in that reworl? Wich was bugged for the first month by the way.


      But no nerf in the NDA list. Why?

      Here is kiting crossbow winrate:
      But no buff for it in NDA. The same is about wailing bow.

      Why maces don't affect silence smoke when jumping in there? Why are they rooting and stunning out of the visible area and how much more times should I mark "don't move that f*cking chat" checkbox, to make client save that setting at the end?
      There are a lot of urgent issues and bugs, need fixes, but you are talking about mobile release, new pictures, and replacing one way to abuse corrupts mechanics with the other one.

      Patches are releasing one by one, but nothing changes. No any progress with ping(connection) issues, combat bugs, balance, etc.
      Is there a place, where a player can get some answers, are you going to do something with that, or you are going to concentrate on the mobile version advertising?

      Why are you ignoring your players?

      The post was edited 5 times, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

    • frost is broken in 1v1 from CD release. and never was fixed and proly never will..

      you cant balance CD with ip cap. and current layout we got.

      only way to fix this shit is make couple maps or RNG layout generator, after poped shrine both players are tleported in new dungeon which was generated without map(full blind) and without circle paths, ofc with mobs, 5 crystals in random places. you have to find them etc..
      not like now, people doing circle path and popping shrine after 1700+ and never invade someone. this is also nice exploit.. was reported almost year ago still nto fixed.
    • BraveArt wrote:

      JonnnyBones wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      The proposed changes gives plenty of room for kiting builds it just punishes excessive resetting which is badly needed. It brings balance to fight vs kite and finally adds at least a little risk to the mobility builds. The changes are somewhat strange way to go about it but they definitely needed to do something.
      I've been complaining about the infinite resets as much as anyone but all I see this change doing is making people always pop 2 crystals, and then if they end up having to take an HP debuff they will just make a beeline for the 3rd one... A lot of the high infamy players already do this because there is next to no chance of dying unless you get 1 shotted. Nobody is gonna try and fight with an HP or speed debuff.The real issue with the infinite resets comes from the bats that really only help the runner and hinder the chaser, that's really the only purpose they serve besides the cancer builds that rely on them ... What is even the purpose of these things supposed to be? At the very least they shouldn't be respawning after an invade, giving you the option of killing them off if you don't want to deal with having your fight get ruined by them. I'd make the argument that they actually shouldn't even be there in the first place because RNG like this really doesn't belong in 1v1s.

      The other main issue is the combat timer is too short, in cds it should be doubled. These two changes alone would put a major dent in this reseting game, and they're both things I've been saying they should do since the cds were added to the game. The other thing I've been saying they should do is not make the crystals appear until contact is made, and if they do these proposed changes without doing that what is gonna happen is instead of someone losing a trade and resetting, they will just leave the dungeon instead.


      You've been calling for no reset fights? well played i guess we found one of the idiots

      I'm not saying it should be impossible to reset fights, but at the same time if they never even get off screen and you have the utility to catch back up to them, its kinda bullshit that they get any sort of regen especially when someone is blowing all their cooldowns to catch back up to someone.. and getting to reset a fight for free just because a bunch of RNG knockback bats respawned actually sucks the skill out of this type of PVP.
    • The issue is, builds who can easily reset also the ones who can catch easily, which makes reset builds to reset fights when they make a mistake, but punish enemy if they make 1 mistake. This is not balanced, we see twitch streams some really high infamy players mess up like 10 times in a row and get free resets every time they mess up and kill enemy after they get bored/try to go break crystals.

      Other issue is that, many melee weapons are so weak against weaponst who can just reset because melee doesn't have enough skill to catch people to prevent enemy to reset.

      As battleaxe player, i lose more than half of my match ups after 3rd or 4th reset made by the enemy. I even buy sandals of purity just to be able to catch reset builds that actually cripples my overall play (can't hit while moving is a big issue with bleed stacks)
    • Sevolak wrote:

      The issue is, builds who can easily reset also the ones who can catch easily, which makes reset builds to reset fights when they make a mistake, but punish enemy if they make 1 mistake. This is not balanced, we see twitch streams some really high infamy players mess up like 10 times in a row and get free resets every time they mess up and kill enemy after they get bored/try to go break crystals.

      Other issue is that, many melee weapons are so weak against weaponst who can just reset because melee doesn't have enough skill to catch people to prevent enemy to reset.

      As battleaxe player, i lose more than half of my match ups after 3rd or 4th reset made by the enemy. I even buy sandals of purity just to be able to catch reset builds that actually cripples my overall play (can't hit while moving is a big issue with bleed stacks)
      Omg, stop wrighting your stupid posts in every thread. The issue has nothing to do with mobility, it is in core combat balance. While there are mobile oneshot builds like swords, bloodletters simple oneshot builds like spears/blackhands and double merc curses/bows mobility is the only way to stay alive. If you do not understand this and play with battleaxe in 1v1 pvp it just shows your IQ level.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sethis ().

    • Sevolak wrote:

      Angry because you want reset meta to stay?
      I'm really interested, are you so stupid? Don't your understand, that 1 low-rank player stats are not the best data set for investigation, or just don't know, how to use a web-site?)
      How about common build stats, sorted by win-rates?

      Looks like, a picture became a bit different, don't you think?)

      Sword(76%), 1-shout pike(78%), regular bow(73%)... Main reset-builds in the game, right?)
      Need to buff swords as fast as possible and force WarBows to trade with pikes =))
      Looks, as I have at last understood, how does Retroman think. @'Seloval', try to send your CV. I think, some june game-dev position is yours, 101%)

      Sevolak wrote:

      This is not balanced, we see twitch streams some really high infamy players mess up like 10 times in a row and get free resets every time they mess up and kill enemy after they get bored/try to go break crystals.
      How about killing a full 8.3 players with 7.1(charged) dagger during a helm stun, when your enemy can't press even 1 button? Is it more balanced? Why don't you cry about it?
      How about deal the same damage with auto-attack, as your enemy with 30 sec CD ultimate? Is it ok?

      Kid, you may try to play 1-hand hammer and say, that any meta is broken, because 'fill any case here'. A great axe was the most popular weapon in the game because it was a chip and effective farm machine, which everybody used for solo farming. Its issue for today is that after all that stupid reworks it just becomes useless. How is it related to resetting meta in your opinion?