Mace nerf view point from someone who has mained maces for over a year

• Mace nerf view point from someone who has mained maces for over a year

Mace has been the only weapon I have loved in this game. I do HCEs, I play camlann in ZvZ, I Cary my mace and leering cane with pride in the roads of Avalon. I was playing a cloth mace build in the open world over a year ago.

I just can’t for the life of me see why SBI nerfed the CC duration and on mace. I will be the first to admit that mace was over tuned but not in CC. The role of a mace is to be a CC and control tank which I think it does a fine job of. The issue with maces is it’s damage while wearing cloth. Now with caerleon cape and ground shaker it is even more of a problem.

The nerf to maces E stun duration takes away what mace is good for and that is controlling and locking down your enemy. And does nothing to stop you getting blown up by 4 maces wearing cloth and 1 specter jacket in lethal hellgates.

I have loved mace for so long and now it has become worse at the one thing it should actually be good for.

Please SBI nerf maces damage not it’s stun.

-A humble mace lover
    • Mace was decently balanced until the Caerleon cape. But allowing 2 huge Q hits during the E stun duration way over tuned the weapon. That is why you are seeing the first nerf step of slight E stun duration. I would imagine a tweak to Q2 damage will also happen at some point although who knows.
    • Undo the CC nerf is the most logical thing to do.

There are no profissions in albion and everyone can use anything they like, you want to have high dps? go for it, but healer staffs are not a good choice for it.
      In the same way, if you want some CC you can pick something like maces but the damage is low, right? Wrong, and that is what is wrong with maces. Good builds made this weap too strong >>>IN 1V1<<<, its a hit and run build and its strong side is NOT THE CC DURATION, but the hability to hit and run by abusing cloth cowls bumps and traps in CDGS.
      Hit them with full combo, bump them far away to mobs and traps and repeat the process. Thats the strong side of it ( IN CDGs ). Nerf Q's damage versus players is a better choice since they use that frequently
      And finally, by nerfing its CC you cripple it for zvz and hce content.
      Prove me wrong, cya :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Begulinho ().

• Gabumon wrote:

They stated they wanted to have this brawler high damage tanky weapon, so they had to nerf the cc to keep it in check. Is like Forge Hammers
      Lol yeah except you can shut Forge Hammers down in like 9 different ways, see it coming from a mile away, and only if you are an absolute idiot will you suffer any serious damage from it.

How do you shut down a 1h mace? stun leap, root leap, 2x AoE Q (w/ caerleon cape), the damage is applied quickly and has very little telegraphing.

I would like to see Forge Hammers be as effective as 1h mace, hell even 75% as effective would be sweet
    • Abaddon_Rull wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

They stated they wanted to have this brawler high damage tanky weapon, so they had to nerf the cc to keep it in check. Is like Forge Hammers
      Lol yeah except you can shut Forge Hammers down in like 9 different ways, see it coming from a mile away, and only if you are an absolute idiot will you suffer any serious damage from it.
      How do you shut down a 1h mace? stun leap, root leap, 2x AoE Q (w/ caerleon cape), the damage is applied quickly and has very little telegraphing.

I would like to see Forge Hammers be as effective as 1h mace, hell even 75% as effective would be sweet
      Im just stating the "intended use", not saying one is good or bad xd. Both are intended to be "bruiser weapon", in a tank line.
    • The only problem is damages and energy cost. They wanted to do a bruiser weapon, it didn't work. Now they need to accept that it is one of the best (totally the best) weapon for tanking PVE and nerf it in PVP so you don't need only one weapon to clear all content.

By nerfing the CC duration, they did a really small nerf for CDG, but it's still super easy to win almost all match ups. It didn't change anything for small scale PVP or bomb squads and you can still win arenas and HG with 4 maces and 1 healer.

They have to nerf damage on Q (increasing aggro accordingly) and E, increase energy cost on W and bring back at least 0.2 CC duration on E (lower iframe is cool). It's the only way to nerf it without destroying the weapon.

Time to understand they missed their design on this weapon and CDG isn't the only content playable.

(and btw,there's already plenty of weapons existing for tanky bruisers)
    • End of the day I think mace is a perfect candidate for a dmg vs player and dmg vs mob modifier. My solution to the problem would be returning maces stun and just decreasing dmg vs players. This would leave its pve in tact while also toning down its dmg while wearing cloth or even leather in PVP. I think skill full game play with mace is brought out by its CC it can provide to your team. but wearing a mage robe and royal shoes and yeeting your self onto an enemy I think lacks in skill.
    • I have played this game for over 5 years,

I have witnessed the struggle of people in positions of power influence the game in a bad way.

Mace should have cc indeed although any plate should have a move speed hindrance for the defense buff as it was long ago by the original dev's who actually played the game.

Mace single hand is ridiculous atm it is partial to blame for the shot callers who have made suggestions on the round table and those changes have been implemented.

This is how I feel Single hand mace should do way less damage than 2 hand.

There is no fun in losing to a single hand mace who has more movement due too stuns and abilities, the single hand is doing more damage than dps.

I feel it is due too the rmt shitters and shit callers as to why this game at present sucks the big one.

G.G.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

I have played this game for over 5 years,

I have witnessed the struggle of people in positions of power influence the game in a bad way.

Mace should have cc indeed although any plate should have a move speed hindrance for the defense buff as it was long ago by the original dev's who actually played the game.

Mace single hand is ridiculous atm it is partial to blame for the shot callers who have made suggestions on the round table and those changes have been implemented.

There is no fun in losing to a single hand mace who has more movement due too stuns and abilities, the single hand is doing more damage than dps.

I feel it is due too the rmt shitters and shit callers as to why this game at present sucks the big one.

G.G.
      Wich shotcallers making suggestions for mace in RT? I have been on it for like 4-5 seasons and never seen any shotcaller doing that. We do not even discuss weapon balance there.

Is so magical how everyone that's not on it knows everything that's going on there, except from the ones that are actually there xD
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

I have played this game for over 5 years,

G.G.
      Pass the cool aid? Ah shit I forgot my tinfoil hat.

This better be sarcasm b/c it's a great copypasta.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.