Roadmap Update and Mobile Launch Recap

• Deathskills wrote:

Karu wrote:

Pretty disappointing how silent you guys are on new content. Lot of people feeling a bit jaded of how stale things have been. Been quite awhile since we've heard a word which people assume means we won't see this "content" until December if it doesn't get delayed. With mobile being such a success, content updates shouldn't really be once a year especially if just reworking systems. Black zone and royals just keep getting reworked...roads was actual new content. Throwing 20 extra levels onto items isn't content. We need new dungeons, new items, new real reasons to be in the world other than ZvZ CTAs which it sounds like you understand, but spiders and the crystal thing ain't it and benefits only the big zergs.
      if you were not aware, one of the CM left in june or july so that obviously affects the capacity to communicate on their side.
      Actually new content news are posted directly from the Devs, so i doubt it is related.
    • That dog ain't going to hunt. They pulled in crazy amounts of cash and you offer up an excuse that they haven't replaced their CM?

That's not an excuse! That is the actual problem! They are making money hand over fist with the surge of new players and members of the community like yourself defend them as if they are a shoestring budget indie developer team.

SBI and whoever bought them have more than enough resources to hire a CM. They decided it wasn't important enough to do so.

They make changes to the game without the community. I'm not attacking or defending the companies decision to make changes without the community, but I am going to challenge the assertion that they are doing all they can to have discourse with the community.
    • FarmerLee wrote:

That dog ain't going to hunt. They pulled in crazy amounts of cash and you offer up an excuse that they haven't replaced their CM?

That's not an excuse! That is the actual problem! They are making money hand over fist with the surge of new players and members of the community like yourself defend them as if they are a shoestring budget indie developer team.

SBI and whoever bought them have more than enough resources to hire a CM. They decided it wasn't important enough to do so.

They make changes to the game without the community. I'm not attacking or defending the companies decision to make changes without the community, but I am going to challenge the assertion that they are doing all they can to have discourse with the community.
      False.

If you kept an eye on the jobs listing page on the website; albiononline.com/en/jobs

You'd notice that the CM listing that was posted before the last CM left has been taken down, meaning the space has been filled. Hiring takes time, it's a long process and finding the right person is hard, then they need to relocate or leave their other job before starting at SBI.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • welcome to game dev and how sometimes things happen. this is better than what we've had in the past, SBI has drastically improved their communication in the last year. has much i hate some decisions they make and disagrees (mostly because the actual intention/goal of said changes is unclear most of the time imo) , they improved a lot in the last year to communicate info to the community.
    • New

Korn wrote:

Hey there,

small clarification to my above statement:

I said that the max IP bonus would go from 300 to 360 with elite specs and if you have everything maxed out, that's not 100% correct.

Here is why
      • the unlock node (which gives +20 IP) will stay at 100 max spec.
      • many items already have a bonus IP cap that is > 300 IP with full cross-specs
      To be 100% exact, the impact of elite specs (going up to 120) is simply that the IP bonus from spec nodes - if everything is maxed out - will be 20% bigger than it is right now. For an item that currently caps out at 300 IP, this would mean 356 IP.

As stated above, when we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
      I don't know if this was mentioned already but I'm most curious about this.

You say getting maxed 120 Spec across the board won't be considered standard.

Does that mean the system that is in place for extra fame credits if you have it toggled on for silver with current max stats will still work when the cap is raised too 120?

Right now, you can FF at maxed spec and earn extra fame credits in return for silver. Will 100 still be enough to earn those Fame credits?

I mentioned this in another thread. You will have power creep by adding higher possible IP. Do you plan to add harder content since the current content will get easier? Will there be higher HCE levels, a harder version of Avalonian Dungeons, ect?

By adding higher IP cap you are encouraging more people to fame farm. Most of the people going from 100-120 will be veterans at first. Will there be harder content to tackle, or even better new PvE content or mixed PvE/PvP content? A higher Tier SD?

If that is not part of the plan I think your making a mistake. For players that have maxed spec currently in their favorite weapons, our end game content is PvP. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a lot of maxed players that enjoy doing repeated PvE content. However, I think the best way to soften the blow of encouraging veteran players to progress further in their spec would be new content, harder content to tackle.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ThirdEyePULSE ().

• New

ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

Korn wrote:

[list][*]
      [/list]
      By adding higher IP cap you are encouraging more people to fame farm. Most of the people going from 100-120 will be veterans at first. Will there be harder content to tackle, or even better new PvE content or mixed PvE/PvP content? A higher Tier SD?

If that is not part of the plan I think your making a mistake. For players that have maxed spec currently in their favorite weapons, our end game content is PvP. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a lot of maxed players that enjoy doing repeated PvE content. However, I think the best way to soften the blow of encouraging veteran players to progress further in their spec would be new content, harder content to tackle.
      This is probably what they have in mind with releasing the static dungeon rework I'd guess. But unless the fame is better/more fun than current HCE/Ava/group dungeon/solos I am not looking forward to having to grind more of the same pve content
      Arcane shill - 700/700