Roadmap Update and Mobile Launch Recap

• Druhran wrote:

Pretty happy about the visual rework! If I could make a suggestion on the elite levels:

Make there be a cap per character so there is a conscious choice what you REALLY want to focus on with your elite levels vs. the rest of the game where you can conceivably grind everything to max spec. For example: Cap each character to having 50 Elite levels. Each node could have a max of 10 points placed into it so you could completely max out 5 nodes, or spread the love around. Respec possible, but costly.

I'm not coming at this from a hardcore vs. casual perspective as some are in this thread. It's more about creating interesting choices. I'd rather see folks make difficult decisions to create a meaningful niche for our characters that makes you unique/truly specialized. I'm not griping about the core "level by doing" Fame system, but it would be great to have some real choices for end-game spec. Not "I'll level X before Y", but rather "I'm choosing X over Y".

For example: I'm mostly a gatherer. I'd probably drop 10 points into Quarrying, Cropping, Bloodletter, Cloth Refining, and maybe a Nature Staff for off-healing when I group. But a "real" healer would dump points into their weapon, hood, armor, boots, and offhand. I'm making discrete choices to be a strong gatherer with some generalist tendencies while they're all-in on being the best healer possible.

I know some really casual players don't like the idea of elite levels. And the really hardcore just want to max everything. I think a cap of total elite levels would satisfy both sides AND create more interesting semi-permanent choices for how you want to truly specialize your character.

This
    • More solo content please.

And maybe rework the full loot pvp? Because it encourages player killing for veterans and forces beginners to pvp, althought beginners still die due to IP difference. Instead of full loot maybe random drop, like;
      BZ: drop one random equipped item and one on the inventory
      RZ: drop two random items on inventory
      As well as silver based on what killed players drop on the yellow zone(from repair cost of the subtracted durability)

The full loot pvp is really frustrating for new players due to being ganked and not being able to fight back, it is already difficult fighting a one ganker player with t6 equips let alone in pairs or groups which seem to be the trend with gankers. I've been trying to farm on black zones because it really gives better rewards than other zones of the same tier, but I get killed alot before I can even go back to sell what I gathered, I lose more than I earn because I have to buy equipment again.

And please do something about gatekeeping players as well, its really annoying when you just enter a red or black zone and your already dead.
    • PurpleWench wrote:

More solo content please.

And maybe rework the full loot pvp? Because it encourages player killing for veterans and forces beginners to pvp, althought beginners still die due to IP difference. Instead of full loot maybe random drop, like;
      As well as silver based on what killed players drop on the yellow zone(from repair cost of the subtracted durability)

The full loot pvp is really frustrating for new players due to being ganked and not being able to fight back, it is already difficult fighting a one ganker player with t6 equips let alone in pairs or groups which seem to be the trend with gankers. I've been trying to farm on black zones because it really gives better rewards than other zones of the same tier, but I get killed alot before I can even go back to sell what I gathered, I lose more than I earn because I have to buy equipment again.

And please do something about gatekeeping players as well, its really annoying when you just enter a red or black zone and your already dead.
      Dumb idea, I'll just bring a few really expensive items and a bunch of random crap so the random crap is likely to drop and the good shit is mostly safe. Your problem is that you want to fight the gankers, you should run from them instead.
    • PurpleWench wrote:

I like the way you think, but i think it should be done differently.
      Instead of saving gear, i think it would be better to have higher chance of gear to trash based on numbers, like if you fight someone 1v1, the chance of the victims gear should be lower than if the victim gets killed 1v2 for example, here in the "unfair" fight there should be higher chance of more gear to break.
    • So, Fred, you made an assumption that I was looking for PVP and that I bring expensive items on black zones, I guess you started the game at max level since you don't seem to understand the struggles of beginners.

Fyi, I go to black zones with tier 3 mount and tier 4 equips for dungeons, plus t4 fishing rod(I'm a fisherman).

I mentioned being ganked by groups, most are gatekeepers, which even if I tried to run, my mount does not have enough health to sustain damage, so I'll still be forced to fight, and die.

The game lets players be whoever they want to be, and I want to be a FISHERMAN, in PEACE. The update mentioned something about closing the gap between hardcore and casual players, and casual players are called as such because they want to grind in peace, and we can't be at peace if even groups of highly equipped VETERANS still try to take what little we have gathered.
    • krazzer wrote:

PurpleWench wrote:

I like the way you think, but i think it should be done differently.Instead of saving gear, i think it would be better to have higher chance of gear to trash based on numbers, like if you fight someone 1v1, the chance of the victims gear should be lower than if the victim gets killed 1v2 for example, here in the "unfair" fight there should be higher chance of more gear to break.
      Thanks you for replying positively☺️.
    • PurpleWench wrote:

So, Fred, you made an assumption that I was looking for PVP and that I bring expensive items on black zones, I guess you started the game at max level since you don't seem to understand the struggles of beginners.
      Malcanis' Law very much applies here. Yes, maybe you are going to bring cheap gear but I can absolutely abuse the suggested system by loading an inventory with chaff and running around with my expensive shit with very low risk.

PurpleWench wrote:

Fyi, I go to black zones with tier 3 mount and tier 4 equips for dungeons, plus t4 fishing rod(I'm a fisherman).

I mentioned being ganked by groups, most are gatekeepers, which even if I tried to run, my mount does not have enough health to sustain damage, so I'll still be forced to fight, and die.
      For one thing, maybe get a better mount. For another, why are you getting ganked by people camping entrances? You have a very long bubble and movespeed buff upon zoning in, so that would be the worst place to gank you. Are you taking the invis at the realmgate portal, or are you getting ganked somewhere else?

PurpleWench wrote:

The game lets players be whoever they want to be, and I want to be a FISHERMAN, in PEACE. The update mentioned something about closing the gap between hardcore and casual players, and casual players are called as such because they want to grind in peace, and we can't be at peace if even groups of highly equipped VETERANS still try to take what little we have gathered.
      OK, you want to fish in peace. I want to kill you. Why does your right to not engage in PvP override mine to kill you? If you don't want to die, you can stick to blue and yellow zones, where no one can kill you.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

PurpleWench wrote:

So, Fred, you made an assumption that I was looking for PVP and that I bring expensive items on black zones, I guess you started the game at max level since you don't seem to understand the struggles of beginners.
      Malcanis' Law very much applies here. Yes, maybe you are going to bring cheap gear but I can absolutely abuse the suggested system by loading an inventory with chaff and running around with my expensive shit with very low risk.
      Which also means lower risk of getting attacked, and PVP doesn't become forced on rookies and veterans would seek other veterans for their more expensive gear. This also helps with making black zones more dangerous than red zones, seeing as a lot are complaining about BZ being dull compared to red.

PurpleWench wrote:

For one thing, maybe get a better mount. For another, why are you getting ganked by people camping entrances? You have a very long bubble and movespeed buff upon zoning in, so that would be the worst place to gank you. Are you taking the invis at the realmgate portal, or are you getting ganked somewhere else?
      [/quote]How am I supposed to get a better mount when I'm not even earning enough to re-buy the gear I lost. And for getting ganked on entrances, it is because they follow me around, and I get too scared to continue so I just go back, which is normal for newbies to feel, and you can't possibly expect new players to just know what those shrines are supposed to do. Reds don't have those things as well, which new players are bound to explore first, and thinking it is the same for when they go to black, they don't examine it.

PurpleWench wrote:

OK, you want to fish in peace. I want to kill you. Why does your right to not engage in PvP override mine to kill you? If you don't want to die, you can stick to blue and yellow zones, where no one can kill you.
      [/quote]Which means slower progression, and we we won't have more opportunities to explore what other things the game has to offer. And it destroys the open world mechanic of the game if newbies only stay on blue and yellow zones. To be honest, I don't feel too bad about losing my items as much as the first time, but I cannot fully enjoy the gathering if I'm always on edge guarding from red hp bars.
      [/quote]
    • krazzer wrote:

PurpleWench wrote:

I like the way you think, but i think it should be done differently.Instead of saving gear, i think it would be better to have higher chance of gear to trash based on numbers, like if you fight someone 1v1, the chance of the victims gear should be lower than if the victim gets killed 1v2 for example, here in the "unfair" fight there should be higher chance of more gear to break.

I think your suggestion is better.
      To be honest, I raised an impulsive suggestion about changing the full loot mechanic because I've been killed just three times in a row recently, and was very frustrated. So I apologise for that.

Reading my comment now, I realize that the risk does add to the fun part of the game, atleast more fun for hardcore players.

But I still propose an adjustment to this mechanic, mainly to make it less rewarding for higher IP players to kill weaker players. For example, if a player with 1000+ IP kills a player with 800+ IP, the chance for dropped items to trash would be higher, and same with groups or pairs killing one player or lesser numbered parties.
      There should also be a way for killed players to salvage items that were trashed, by returning to where they were killed as long as the body is still there and salvaging the trash at maybe half of its original market value.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PurpleWench ().

• krazzer wrote:

Instead of saving gear, i think it would be better to have higher chance of gear to trash based on numbers, like if you fight someone 1v1, the chance of the victims gear should be lower than if the victim gets killed 1v2 for example, here in the "unfair" fight there should be higher chance of more gear to break.
      it is already in game, was added 1 year ago.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Druhran wrote:

Pretty happy about the visual rework! If I could make a suggestion on the elite levels:

Make there be a cap per character so there is a conscious choice what you REALLY want to focus on with your elite levels vs. the rest of the game where you can conceivably grind everything to max spec. For example: Cap each character to having 50 Elite levels. Each node could have a max of 10 points placed into it so you could completely max out 5 nodes, or spread the love around. Respec possible, but costly.

I'm not coming at this from a hardcore vs. casual perspective as some are in this thread. It's more about creating interesting choices. I'd rather see folks make difficult decisions to create a meaningful niche for our characters that makes you unique/truly specialized. I'm not griping about the core "level by doing" Fame system, but it would be great to have some real choices for end-game spec. Not "I'll level X before Y", but rather "I'm choosing X over Y".

For example: I'm mostly a gatherer. I'd probably drop 10 points into Quarrying, Cropping, Bloodletter, Cloth Refining, and maybe a Nature Staff for off-healing when I group. But a "real" healer would dump points into their weapon, hood, armor, boots, and offhand. I'm making discrete choices to be a strong gatherer with some generalist tendencies while they're all-in on being the best healer possible.

I know some really casual players don't like the idea of elite levels. And the really hardcore just want to max everything. I think a cap of total elite levels would satisfy both sides AND create more interesting semi-permanent choices for how you want to truly specialize your character.
      This
      Really that???

Like Kotikozavr1 said you will be destroying one of the core strengths of the game which is "You are what you wear". Locking people in set roles is very limiting in how people can play the game, let actual skills do the talking and the gear choices. Not a huge static decision. This also is very limiting on who you can actually play with at a given time.
    • Renbro wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Druhran wrote:

This
      Really that???
      Like Kotikozavr1 said you will be destroying one of the core strengths of the game which is "You are what you wear". Locking people in set roles is very limiting in how people can play the game, let actual skills do the talking and the gear choices. Not a huge static decision. This also is very limiting on who you can actually play with at a given time.
      But the phrase "You are what you wear" is just a false sales ad., and sounds cool n all,
      In reality we all know that "you are what the META dictates you to wear" is what the ad. should have been telling ppl.
    • Reef wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

I hope you can't just dump your Fame Credits into the Elite Spec because that would just be pointless as so many people have millions stacked up right now.
      Thats the only way to go. Will be big mistake to force old players do PVE again...
      Thats not the only way to go, the other way (ALSO THE BEST WAY) to go is not to add elite levels.
      As you said, big mistake force old players do PVE again.
    • I dont know where people is getting those huge numbers like being +60% stronger with maxed elite specs.

For a maxed weapon tree with elite specs (840/840) we will get an additional 60 IP bonus in eaach weapon of the tree.

Right now we get a max. of +320 IP bonus being 700/700 and i guess this will go up to +380 if we get to 840/840.

I.E. I am a 700 holy healer and i currently reach 1534 IP in a T8 fallen staff and if i ever level up to 840 it would be 1606 IP.

This means less than a 5% IP increase in the weapon.

If right now a zvz healer looks something like 1350 average IP it will change to be something like 1365.
    • This game is grind and many of players love grind (this is update for them). This is a bit of love for PvE players.

I know, I know PvE players shouldn,t have a voice because this is PvP game :P I hear it by 6 years.

I am antiganker and PvE player. I wait for this update and if you dont like it I give you thisame answer like I hear for 6 years.

Maybe this game is not for you so go away :D
    • assassinBK wrote:

This game is grind and many of players love grind (this is update for them). This is a bit of love for PvE players.

I know, I know PvE players shouldn,t have a voice because this is PvP game :P I hear it by 6 years.

I am antiganker and PvE player. I wait for this update and if you dont like it I give you thisame answer like I hear for 6 years.

Maybe this game is not for you so go away :D
      I want remind you, you got HCE, SRD timers, hideouts, protecting bubbles, CC immune, scouting. avalonian with notification gates etc..

yea lets add PVErs more content more benefit from 0 risk content.