Roadmap Update and Mobile Launch Recap

    • Lars024 wrote:

      Korn wrote:

      Hey there,

      here is some added info on the current plans for Elite Specs (still subject to change though!):
      • Spec level cap to be increased from 100 to 120, with 101-120 being Elite Specs.
      • Max spec across all weapon lines in a tree (often called "400/400") currently gives +300 IP. With elite specs, if you had *everything* at 120/120 (i.e. 480/480) you'd hence get +360 IP.
      • However, getting to 120 is going to be very very hard, so it's almost certain that +360 IP will NOT become the standard or baseline.
      • When we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. This is intended to act as a gap closer between normal and hardcore players. So while the theoretically IP bonus cap (see above) would sit at +360 in theory, we intend the actual average IP gap between "normal" and "hardcore" players to remain the same or possibly even decrease somewhat (as it will be easier than right now to hit +300 IP)

      @Korn You still use 400/400 when after the splitting of spec trees everyone now say 700/700 and it no longer gives +300ip but +340ip (+360ip for armors). This means you are now boosting 4.0 gear to 1100ip and lvl 3 crystals can easily be fought in 4.1 OC, if not 4.0 OC
      I am all for making the gap between new and veterans smaller but how easy does fame farming have to be?
      We started at launch with 400-500k/h as the very top end which was often reserved for gvgers (if your guild even managed to control that dungeon) and 200k/h for the average Joe.

      It then went to 400-600k for everyone with the release of relic weapons and than up to well over 1m/h
      with widespread availability of hce and RD.
      that 1m/h got increased by over 80% with fame credits, again by 10% from ava dungeons and 10% from tome drops.

      result is that now fame farming spots are uncontested and have just about 100% uptime of the 3m+/h effective fame you can get. But it still isn't enough? you can get 100 spec in a full build in a week or 2 if you play 2-3h a day already. power leveling one weapon line is a matter of hours right now.

      I think a bigger issue is getting those new players out of the blue/yellow zone and lvl 1 hce's, and let them stop wasting their time there where their fame rates are abysmal cuz the fame is already out there is bigger numbers then ever before.
      but u forgot 1 important point .... silver.
      yesterday i farmed ava dungeon. Yes ~14m fame for 4 hours but i lost ~14m silver ... main problem in PVE is Silver , without boosts ~3m fame and 0 silver ...
      for new players its to hard to found a guild who will invest in them and dat calculation will be wrong.
      Anyway. PVE in albion is really annoying already.
    • Hey there,

      small clarification to my above statement:

      I said that the max IP bonus would go from 300 to 360 with elite specs and if you have everything maxed out, that's not 100% correct.

      Here is why
      • the unlock node (which gives +20 IP) will stay at 100 max spec.
      • many items already have a bonus IP cap that is > 300 IP with full cross-specs
      To be 100% exact, the impact of elite specs (going up to 120) is simply that the IP bonus from spec nodes - if everything is maxed out - will be 20% bigger than it is right now. For an item that currently caps out at 300 IP, this would mean 356 IP.

      As stated above, when we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
    • Korn wrote:

      Hey there,

      small clarification to my above statement:

      I said that the max IP bonus would go from 300 to 360 with elite specs and if you have everything maxed out, that's not 100% correct.

      Here is why
      • the unlock node (which gives +20 IP) will stay at 100 max spec.
      • many items already have a bonus IP cap that is > 300 IP with full cross-specs
      To be 100% exact, the impact of elite specs (going up to 120) is simply that the IP bonus from spec nodes - if everything is maxed out - will be 20% bigger than it is right now. For an item that currently caps out at 300 IP, this would mean 356 IP.

      As stated above, when we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
      simplified the performance of fame to a level that is hopelessly simple, you have added an avalonian dung that allows 0-100 specs to be gained in 2 hours with credits. and finally you want to give us a crap update to grind .. why simplify something to make it more difficult later .. where is the logic.

      instead of listening to people and adding content that the community asks for, you are forcing us to PVE .. I don't play this game for PVE why are you making me grind which I don't want.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

    • Korn wrote:

      Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
      I'll ask again .. you do realise that some people have hundreds of millions of fame credits ... will you make it so fame credits cannot be used for elite levels?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • So. The plan is to throw tons more people into PvE content to grind elite levels? Loot is already horrific in dungeons, yellow, red, black with the release of mobile, as so many new players seem to be reducing loot to simple runes and relics in every chest for hours at a time. So the plan is to add even more people to running them, so that there can be an even bigger gap between new and veteran players?

      While I'm sure some play for the grind, it is a thing, most your newly gained mobile base I doubt will stick around because of the same grind. So the plan is to add more grind? I get it that some veterans leave because they accomplished all they plan to, but adding more grind does not seem like a good answer. Adding more varied types of content does seem like the right answer.

      Hellgate reworks and loot bumps were great. Open world seems to be headed in the right direction. Maybe focus on fixing black zone/hideout issues instead? Add alternative types of content?
    • Midgard wrote:

      Korn wrote:

      Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
      I'll ask again .. you do realise that some people have hundreds of millions of fame credits ... will you make it so fame credits cannot be used for elite levels?
      Quite obvious this is another silver sink

      First, credits, which you get with help of silver

      Then you need actual silver to lvl up as well, so its not only fame credits.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Philler's point above about the loot is spot on. Since mobile launch all content loot has been dreadful. Perhaps with the surge in playerbase the loot tables might need to be ramped up some. Or maybe consider increasing silver drops on mobs to make it more worth it.

      I will add that the avalon dung need a closer look, the amount of silver and the amount of fame that is gained at the risk is ridiculous
    • I dont understand why those saying that it is unfair to allow elite specs be leveled up with saved fame credits like if that time spent grinding didnt count and make it worthless.

      What i do hope is the elite specs of a weapon only afect that specific weapon and not also the others in the tree so this doesnt push the end game in a race for maxing every single weapon in the trees to reach the maximun advantage.

      I.E. reaching level 120 of bloodletter giving only IP bonus and anything else planned as reward for the bloodletter only.
    • Korn wrote:

      As stated above, when we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. Also, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard to achieve, hence we do not expect it to be the standard to be capped out across the board.
      If you provide some type of fame bonuses, with the intention of making the first part of the grind faster for new players, I hope that the respec prices will be adjusted. Auto respec is pretty much required for many weapon lines right now and they can't really be used for pve.

      Getting a weapon (or a whole weapon tree) to 100 is very very expensive and is very hard for new players to do. It would be nice if it wasn't much much more "financially viable" for new players to spec/play dps weapons than support/healer/tank/etc.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by PieNapple ().

    • pesadelo wrote:

      Err good i guess I was waiting for buying my load outs directly from the market, the rest of the mounts revamp, a real guild wallet and logs,BZ revamp to diminish the power creep of big alliances, transport contracts ...

      I mean I hoppe this is like a draft , because waiting like 6 months for this content drop seems a bit lackluster at least to me.
      I absolutely agree with all of this.

      Also, who came up with the Elite levels stuff? It is by far the worst idea I have ever heard, and it is completely insane it made it into the roadmap. Why would you make the grind longer? I can’t even lie to my friends that this game is good and they should start playing with these sort of updates. It takes a really long time to grind a single weapon spec to 100.

      Edit: Just read that reaching 100 spec will be easier. And this change aims to close the gap between casual and hardcore players. I think the change is alright then. Of course, players will not get the satisfaction of hitting maximum level in something, but oh well.

      The rest of updates are fine but not necessary in my opinion. It’s like you’re getting bored and don’t know what to do next. The guy I quoted just gave you the best changes you could ever do. This is my favorite game and I had to temporarily quit it after watching the roadmap video a couple of days ago. Please think about what this guy said. And maybe even hotfix the faction transports, since it must be easy to do. Just give us points for doing them! And also crank up the rewards, it’s not worth to do, at all.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Bulaches ().

    • Pretty happy about the visual rework! If I could make a suggestion on the elite levels:

      Make there be a cap per character so there is a conscious choice what you REALLY want to focus on with your elite levels vs. the rest of the game where you can conceivably grind everything to max spec. For example: Cap each character to having 50 Elite levels. Each node could have a max of 10 points placed into it so you could completely max out 5 nodes, or spread the love around. Respec possible, but costly.

      I'm not coming at this from a hardcore vs. casual perspective as some are in this thread. It's more about creating interesting choices. I'd rather see folks make difficult decisions to create a meaningful niche for our characters that makes you unique/truly specialized. I'm not griping about the core "level by doing" Fame system, but it would be great to have some real choices for end-game spec. Not "I'll level X before Y", but rather "I'm choosing X over Y".

      For example: I'm mostly a gatherer. I'd probably drop 10 points into Quarrying, Cropping, Bloodletter, Cloth Refining, and maybe a Nature Staff for off-healing when I group. But a "real" healer would dump points into their weapon, hood, armor, boots, and offhand. I'm making discrete choices to be a strong gatherer with some generalist tendencies while they're all-in on being the best healer possible.

      I know some really casual players don't like the idea of elite levels. And the really hardcore just want to max everything. I think a cap of total elite levels would satisfy both sides AND create more interesting semi-permanent choices for how you want to truly specialize your character.
    • Hmm, those elite levels, it sounds like D3 paragon levels (max lvl ---> paragon lvl = power increase ..).
      In D3 it's no limit, now you've put the maximum lvl for these elite levels 20, in half a year you increase by 10, to 30, and gradually increase? (something similar, that way ..)
      And still around?
      In order to guarantee the still need to farm (increase its strength-IP) and at the same time it didn't have to be T9? (because the new T is much harder to put into the game than one bar for elite levels ..)
      So it occurred to me when I think about it, who knows if you in SBI weren't inspired by D3 ..
      ;)
    • me and most of the people are happy with the open world, we've reached the max specs and want END GAME content, not a boring grind fest. this is the laziest way to "content" by adding a few numbers. instead of looking and developing the game into a more interesting PVP development and open world reward .. you want to push us to more PVE .. how is it? getting 0-100 in 8.3 ava this is one dungeon with credits.

      nobody uses the elite because the prizes are shitty, not enough that the whole group risks coming some flat 4 rat and killing the whole team, for 0 loot, there were chests/elites in statics etc.. that you deleted ... and at the end you give us more spec .. Embarrassment!

      The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

    • Druhran wrote:

      If I could make a suggestion on the elite levels:

      Make there be a cap per character so there is a conscious choice what you REALLY want to focus on with your elite levels vs. the rest of the game where you can conceivably grind everything to max spec. For example: Cap each character to having 50 Elite levels. Each node could have a max of 10 points placed into it so you could completely max out 5 nodes, or spread the love around. Respec possible, but costly.

      I'm not coming at this from a hardcore vs. casual perspective as some are in this thread. It's more about creating interesting choices. I'd rather see folks make difficult decisions to create a meaningful niche for our characters that makes you unique/truly specialized. I'm not griping about the core "level by doing" Fame system, but it would be great to have some real choices for end-game spec. Not "I'll level X before Y", but rather "I'm choosing X over Y".

      For example: I'm mostly a gatherer. I'd probably drop 10 points into Quarrying, Cropping, Bloodletter, Cloth Refining, and maybe a Nature Staff for off-healing when I group. But a "real" healer would dump points into their weapon, hood, armor, boots, and offhand. I'm making discrete choices to be a strong gatherer with some generalist tendencies while they're all-in on being the best healer possible.

      I know some really casual players don't like the idea of elite levels. And the really hardcore just want to max everything. I think a cap of total elite levels would satisfy both sides AND create more interesting semi-permanent choices for how you want to truly specialize your character.
      Very bad idea. Even worse than elit levels. They did let to get all classes, but now you want to destroy this system for no reason? Lot of people just will create many accaunts for different classes, as they do in other games where it is not possible to get all classes in one account. You wont solve problem, but you will reduce convenience.
    • Equart wrote:

      Aetelios wrote:

      Just please complainers tell me a situation where specs make a HUGE difference(PVP situation) .
      Literally everywhere. If i understood correctly , characters will be 60% stronger.
      Your math is a bit off.

      With full spec (currently) the maximum amount of additional IP you can get from Specialization is 300.

      A flat t4 Item has a base 700 IP, that means at flat 4 it would be an increase of approximately 40% or so (+-)

      With each tier higher that percentage gets less because the base tier is higher already. Having 300 IP extra in t7 is only 30% increase

      that is without mastery bonuses or anything, just base comparison between spec bonus and base IP of the items

      If you now add the elite levels, and it is as you say another 60IP on top, that means 360 bonus IP in total, which means at flat 7 it's a 36% increase <---- and thats after spending 150mil or more in fame credits on 1 tree and paying 200mil worth of silver for that (if you are to believe the sneak-peaks in the shot)