Roadmap Update and Mobile Launch Recap

• @ImaDoki I was typing it earlier in this thread.

Well , as i understood from video that Devs show us, we will have 3 Elite specs on each piece of armor/weapon ( 20 spec each , 60 in total). Which will make possible to lvl up specs to 160 ,and it will make characters 60% stronger.
      --
      Again , i hope im wrong. But Devs are not replying , which is making this even more curious.
    • Hey there,

here is some added info on the current plans for Elite Specs (still subject to change though!):
      • Spec level cap to be increased from 100 to 120, with 101-120 being Elite Specs.
      • Max spec across all weapon lines in a tree (often called "400/400") currently gives +300 IP. With elite specs, if you had *everything* at 120/120 (i.e. 480/480) you'd hence get +360 IP.
      • However, getting to 120 is going to be very very hard, so it's almost certain that +360 IP will NOT become the standard or baseline.
      • When we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. This is intended to act as a gap closer between normal and hardcore players. So while the theoretically IP bonus cap (see above) would sit at +360 in theory, we intend the actual average IP gap between "normal" and "hardcore" players to remain the same or possibly even decrease somewhat (as it will be easier than right now to hit +300 IP)
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

here is some added info on the current plans for Elite Specs (still subject to change though!):
      • Spec level cap to be increased from 100 to 120, with 101-120 being Elite Specs.
      • Max spec across all weapon lines in a tree (often called "400/400") currently gives +300 IP. With elite specs, if you had *everything* at 120/120 (i.e. 480/480) you'd hence get +360 IP.
      • However, getting to 120 is going to be very very hard, so it's almost certain that +360 IP will NOT become the standard or baseline.
      • When we introduce Elite Specs, will will likely buff combat fame generation across the board, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. This is intended to act as a gap closer between normal and hardcore players. So while the theoretically IP bonus cap (see above) would sit at +360 in theory, we intend the actual average IP gap between "normal" and "hardcore" players to remain the same or possibly even decrease somewhat (as it will be easier than right now to hit +300 IP)

Thank you
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Just to sumarize what Korn said, basically max mastery will raise 60 points, which results in a 5% increase in stats aproximately from what we have today.
      Maybe it will be +5% if both players have 8,3. New players usually dont have 8,3. With low level items, this will be much more than +5%. Maybe +10% or even +15% IDK and I dont want to think about it because I dont like this new update anyway.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kotikozavr1 ().

• @Korn, mind resharing the IP effect on gear (i remember it is ~9% per 100 ip) so that people relax a little? If possible the formula would help even more for people to understand. Im quite sure this is somewhere in the forum from the old days.

For everyone, the difference between gear with 1100 ip and 1200 ip is 9% more stats. It doesnt matter tier, enchant, anything. Just look at IP directly. This is exponential, so the bigger the diference in IP the higher the impact.

EDIT: Found it: What does 1 Item Power give in terms of stats (dmg, etc)?

Korn wrote:

• If you increase the item power of a weapon by 100, it will get 9.18% more damage. By 200, it would give 1.0918 * 1.0918 -> 19.2% more damage.
      • If you increase the item power of a weapon by 1, 0.878% more damage, as 1.000878...^100 = 1.0918
      • For health, the % granted per 100 IP is 6%
      • For armor, the it is 3%, but the formula is a bit more complex due to the armor of a naked person being shown as 0, where mathematically speaking, it's actually 100.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImaDoki ().

• Korn wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if lots of guilds would still demand it. And I think many people themselves would also still see these extra levels as required. I think you are putting a lot of faith in the sanity of players right here.

I guess it really depends how much easier it would be to hit 100. Anything that makes Albion more about the gear / silver and less about fame (= grinding) would imo be a good change.
    • no ideas for further development of the game .. nothing else just adding a few numbers, what with IP CAP in cd / hg / crystals patch again and change again because I understand more IP = even worse equipment .. now the fights will be in 4.1 OC in 2k21 ..

Korn wrote:

However, getting to 120 is going to be very very hard, so it's almost certain that +360 IP will NOT become the standard or baseline
      do you play this game at all, but I want to convince you that avalonian dungeons 8.3 give 10-20 million credits, they are 100% safe and the funniest thing is always profitable. and you write about a difficult specification? another step towards PVE players ... 0 risk 100% reward.

what about hideouts ? why all the top items in the open world are not playable .. where is the guardian helmet, where is the cultist robe, where is nature staff .. all killed and unplayable in the open world.

I falled in love in this youtube.com/watch?v=JbN6aqgGtuc and you turned this beautyful game in this garbage what we got now.

to those who are already tired of what sbi is doing with albion and their lack of ideas for the game, informs that most of the veterans and top guilds are leaving Albion and starting in LOST ARK, it is just a waste of time, money and nerves on a company that dont cares about players: )

The post was edited 9 times, last by deenne ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

• When we introduce Elite Specs, we will likely combine it with a set of buffs to combat fame generation, meaning that it will be easier than it is right now to hit 100 spec. This is intended to act as a gap closer between normal and hardcore players. So while the theoretically IP bonus cap (see above) would sit at +360 in theory, we intend the actual average IP gap between "normal" and "hardcore" players to remain the same or possibly even decrease somewhat (as it will be easier than right now to hit +300 IP)

That is not currently exact.

For weapon trees it is not longer 400/400 but 700/700 since the trees got split and a maxed trees not longer gives a +300 IP bonus but +320.

Then i guess it would go up to +380?
    • Korn wrote:

However, getting to 120 is going to be very very hard
      I'll wager that there are players who will be able to hit it on day 1 using existing fame credits. If youre serious about it so make fame credits are not able to be used for elite levels. Oh, and add one more 'very' onto your statement.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • About elite levels, do not let people use yellow fame for that, create a new one, like blue fame.
      Blue fame = only for elite levels, and everyone can start farm it from the elite levels release date only (and only if you have 100 spec / no 100 sepc = no blue fame farm).
      So there will be no people with 7 weapons (same tree) at 120 spec on the first day.

This is my brothers idea, and i really like it.
      But i still hate elite levels idea, dont do it SBI, at least this time dont screw even more the game.
      Thank you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by msfabiao ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

This is the wrong direction, over time 120 will be mandatory for high end game play.
      People will still have to power farm combat credits to put into weapons/armor they will never use.
      However what would make sense is, if elite level only counted on the actual weapon/armor that you are wearing.

Point is, if you want your player base to grind something, at least make it a meaningful grind, and not as the old one meaningless. (Specing up stuff you never wear or wield)
    • Korn wrote:

I want to go into that a bit more . I get you need the grind to keep some people playing (still debatable but ok fine) and to keep the PvE side off the game populated (= targets to gank). But now it takes to long to become viable with a weapon. Sure you can get the first specs level pretty fast, but let's say like 200 IP is still 2 tiers worth off base gear IP. We are literally talking about something like 12-30% damage increase (depending on the base level off the gear) between people who grinded a lot and those who didn't. That's too much. The result is lots off people don't bother with your game, you read this all the time when researching the game. The end conclusion is Albion Online = too grindy. Are they wrong? And why, you got a great system with gear / the economy etc.

For me the real result was I just got to experience nature / frost. Sure I did some stuff with other gear, but no real content. And I didn't play that much relatively to other people. Not sure how much, but easily several 100 hours, that's a lot for a game. And dropped about 400 euro in the game. Not wanting to make it about me, just giving you an example. I wish this game could be played somewhat casually, but single thing is mostly killing it.

So yeah. Making those first 100 levels A LOT easier would be a good thing. For everyone because in the end a MMO needs their players. Preferably leave it at that, but that apperantly isn't an option. So I guess shifting the crazy grinding requirements to elite levels would be a good alternative. But will it really be a shift? Because especially on that aspect you sound very vague. It sounds more like mostly another level off grinding. Hence why I'm typing something about a game I currently gave up on, because it's clearly not for me.

I also like the idea that some people posted that elite levels offer more a sidegrade.
    • i spend ~2 years on pve and i have all battle masteries 100. I farmed 10-12h per day (3-4 avalondungeons in the row in small scale party)
      if we will 160 masteries i think ill need 3 more years and newbies will need 5 years for capping ... sounds like it will be world of albion where is u r all the time farming dungeons ...

if you will can spend 60 masteries on the 1 weapon only im agree it will be big different.
      mb im wrong, but right now is best balance for masteries. Different netween 100 and 700 isnt much and if u want be 700 you should farm 100h is max (2 avalon dungeons is 1 weapon 100 )...its so easy.
      i hope we willnot have changes in masteries

P.S sry for my english skill ... he isnt good enough
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

@Korn You still use 400/400 when after the splitting of spec trees everyone now say 700/700 and it no longer gives +300ip but +340ip (+360ip for armors). This means you are now boosting 4.0 gear to 1100ip and lvl 3 crystals can easily be fought in 4.1 OC, if not 4.0 OC

I am all for making the gap between new and veterans smaller but how easy does fame farming have to be?
      We started at launch with 400-500k/h as the very top end which was often reserved for gvgers (if your guild even managed to control that dungeon) and 200k/h for the average Joe.

It then went to 400-600k for everyone with the release of relic weapons and than up to well over 1m/h
      with widespread availability of hce and RD.
      that 1m/h got increased by over 80% with fame credits, again by 10% from ava dungeons and 10% from tome drops.

result is that now fame farming spots are uncontested and have just about 100% uptime of the 3m+/h effective fame you can get. But it still isn't enough? you can get 100 spec in a full build in a week or 2 if you play 2-3h a day already. power leveling one weapon line is a matter of hours right now.

I think a bigger issue is getting those new players out of the blue/yellow zone and lvl 1 hce's, and let them stop wasting their time there where their fame rates are abysmal cuz the fame is already out there is bigger numbers then ever before.