Roadmap Update and Mobile Launch Recap

• Why increasing the gap between new and veteran players is such a big deal?
      As a new player you really don't need to have high specs to enjoy the game.
      And many content already has IP cap, so the specs will have diminishing returns.
      Just please complainers tell me a situation where specs make a HUGE difference(PVP situation) . IMO Albion is still an n+1 game, so numbers matter more. And most importantly in game whales will spend a decent amount of silver on fame credits, good silver sink. IRL whales will swipe their credit cards to buy tomes, more money for SBI, which is good.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aetelios ().

• Aetelios wrote:

Just please complainers tell me a situation where specs make a HUGE difference(PVP situation) .
      Literally everywhere. If i understood correctly , characters will be 60% stronger.

Aetelios wrote:

Why increasing the gap between new and veteran players is such a big deal?
      Because it was one of the main advantages among all MMORPGs on market, when people were asking - "should i start playing Albion?". Now it is not. "Hello Korean mmorpgs era is coming!"
      ----

So instead of adding bunch of new Weapons/Armor trees , we will get totally different type of progression , which is super unhealthy. But much easier in terms of balance :D It is just lazy decision.
      If SBI wanted Veteran players to spend more time in PvE for some sort of "goals" in a healthy way- they could add unique animations/visuals for armors and weapons that they can get via Fame Credits (when they got max specs)
      ---
      It is what it is :P
    • Equart wrote:

Aetelios wrote:

Just please complainers tell me a situation where specs make a HUGE difference(PVP situation) .
      Literally everywhere. If i understood correctly , characters will be 60% stronger.

Aetelios wrote:

Why increasing the gap between new and veteran players is such a big deal?
      Because it was one of the main advantages among all MMORPGs on market, when people were asking - "should i start playing Albion?". Now it is not. "Hello Korean mmorpgs era is coming!"----

So instead of adding bunch of new Weapons/Armor trees , we will get totally different type of progression , which is super unhealthy. But much easier in terms of balance :D It is just lazy decision.
      If SBI wanted Veteran players to spend more time in PvE for some sort of "goals" in a healthy way- they could add unique animations/visuals for armors and weapons that they can get via Fame Credits (when they got max specs)
      ---
      It is what it is :P
      we got new weapon tree apparently
    • I'm a bit apprehensive about the 'Elite Levels'. As others have said, it feels like this could broaden the gap between new players and veterans.

To me, it could also potentially discourage diverse builds/flexing different builds based on what your group needs or how you want to play, depending on how much of an advantage the benefits are.

Being able to change your gear to suit your needs is one of the best features of Albion, in my view. If the effectiveness of gear is boosted by Elite Levels significantly, then this will discourage players from using a diverse set of gear outside the items they have high Elite Levels on.

We'll just have to see how it's implemented. If it's not too much extra grind and the benefits are small, but noticeable, then it could be good.

My worry is if the extra grind is high and the benefits are significant.
    • @GLENN2223 It is nice bonus.
      It doesnt matter with current progression that will make characters 60% stronger =( So we will get 3 Elite tiers , 20 specs for each Tier. 60 in total on each item.
      ---
      If Devs would add only new weapons/armors - would be awesome , but... it is not the case :D

P.S Would be nice if someone from Dev team would explain how it will work , because it might change game drastically , no time to wait another "Dev Talk video". We need answers asap.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Equart wrote:

@GLENN2223 It is nice bonus.
      It doesnt matter with current progression that will make characters 60% stronger =( So we will get 3 Elite tiers , 20 specs for each Tier. 60 in total on each item.
      ---
      If Devs would add only new weapons/armors - would be awesome , but... it is not the case :D

P.S Would be nice if someone from Dev team would explain how it will work , because it might change game drastically , no time to wait another "Dev Talk video". We need answers asap.
      I need answers too!
      When are you going to make videos again? I really miss those outplays :D
    • The elite levels seems like a bad idea for new players. I've tried bringing 3 friends into Albion over the past year and every single one of them has quit because of slow fame progression. They looked at the rate at which they were gaining fame credits and were demoralized by how much less silver they were making (and spending silver) with crafting, the grind to max that awaited them, and the power gap they felt between them and other players. The elite levels should NOT be a raw IP gain as it would most likely alienate newer players and lead to a larger power gap between the haves and the have not's. My suggestion would be to make the bronze silver and gold ranks of elite levels into cosmetic rewards. If you truly want to make elite levels into something players can "show off" make the elite levels a simple weapon color swap reskin that is visible to everyone. Bronze reskin, silver reskin, and gold reskin. This would give players something tangible to work towards without decimating your new player base with raw IP rewards.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Elite levels is a dumb idea, let's make it even harder for new players to catch up and vets have to fame more. Bah.
      This. And all those top end players with hundreds of millions of fame credits stored will just instantly leap even further ahead. Awful idea
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter