Storms

• New

I was thinking in make that same suggestion, it would be great to add rain weather.

I don't think that could add lag to the game, I remember when I played Diablo (the first one) a long time ago, sometimes it was raining when I get off of the dungeons to the open world, it gaves a sense of reality to the game, and if that worked in Diablo that is a old game it probably can work in Albion.

Just add rain without make the rain modify any game mechanics would be good enough. But add some mechanics would make the rain even more interesting. For example the rain can make the electrical spells stronger and the fire spells weaker.

The rain could also be different in different biomes, in the forest it can be more frequent, in steppe it can be rare, in the mountains it can snow instead of rain.
    • New

DaniloM wrote:

I was thinking in make that same suggestion, it would be great to add rain weather.

I don't think that could add lag to the game, I remember when I played Diablo (the first one) a long time ago, sometimes it was raining when I get off of the dungeons to the open world, it gaves a sense of reality to the game, and if that worked in Diablo that is a old game it probably can work in Albion.

Just add rain without make the rain modify any game mechanics would be good enough. But add some mechanics would make the rain even more interesting. For example the rain can make the electrical spells stronger and the fire spells weaker.

The rain could also be different in different biomes, in the forest it can be more frequent, in steppe it can be rare, in the mountains it can snow instead of rain.
      Just look at the impact weather and environment bring to Valheim and Skyrim. Weather == immersion.

Weather could dampen damage by 15% when fighting in a rainy zone, which brings additional strategic decision for all non-instance (real) pvp. I played some MUDs back in the day, and some of my most enjoyable moments occurred in a text world, because unforeseen consequences arose to the weather moving in on my group.

Fuck that is the game I want to play. Not this "look we made the plants move now weee" and haven't touched Witchwork staff BS.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • New

Having dynamic weather events as well as environmental factors could add a lot. Rain, Snow, Sand, Hail storms. You could have fog descend on a zone that could act like a fog of war. Have areas of the map like quicksand, mud, and shallow water to restrict and slow movement. It would also be fun to add large shadows of flying creatures that would pass over the map from time to time.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • New

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Having dynamic weather events as well as environmental factors could add a lot. Rain, Snow, Sand, Hail storms. You could have fog descend on a zone that could act like a fog of war. Have areas of the map like quicksand, mud, and shallow water to restrict and slow movement. It would also be fun to add large shadows of flying creatures that would pass over the map from time to time.
      Oh I like what how you are thinking. I never thought about the shadows of great beasts. That sets up the idea of their descent being a rare encounter that active players could fight over. If only the world actually lived in a way, as advertised.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!