Season point problems

    • Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      They're getting those points because time and work is invested, just like any other MMO
      So owning 46 castles is ''time and work being invested'', but having sixty cGvG teams (theoretically) queue up to play crystals for the guild is not time and work being invested?
      Why is owning 46 castles reasonable but having a large amount of cGvG teams is not? I'm using your logic and applying it to cGvG.
    • Expax wrote:

      Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      They're getting those points because time and work is invested, just like any other MMO
      So owning 46 castles is ''time and work being invested'', but having sixty cGvG teams (theoretically) queue up to play crystals for the guild is not time and work being invested?Why is owning 46 castles reasonable but having a large amount of cGvG teams is not? I'm using your logic and applying it to cGvG.
      Do I look like an Albion developer to you? What's the next question on the list - why I haven't solved world hunger? Having sixty cGvG teams definitely is time invested and no one is disputing that, but the developers who program this game and analyze its data determined an unfair balance of potential earnings return of cGvG vs castles/outposts and therefore put a limit on the former. Is it benefiting BA and handicapping Elevate? Yes. Tbh, I'd rather have content in open-world full-loot pvp zones rather than queued instances from town, but it is what it is and ended in an unfortunate handholding situation.
    • Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      Expax wrote:

      Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      They're getting those points because time and work is invested, just like any other MMO
      So owning 46 castles is ''time and work being invested'', but having sixty cGvG teams (theoretically) queue up to play crystals for the guild is not time and work being invested?Why is owning 46 castles reasonable but having a large amount of cGvG teams is not? I'm using your logic and applying it to cGvG.
      Do I look like an Albion developer to you? What's the next question on the list - why I haven't solved world hunger? Having sixty cGvG teams definitely is time invested and no one is disputing that, but the developers who program this game and analyze its data determined an unfair balance of potential earnings return of cGvG vs castles/outposts and therefore put a limit on the former. Is it benefiting BA and handicapping Elevate? Yes. Tbh, I'd rather have content in open-world full-loot pvp zones rather than queued instances from town, but it is what it is and ended in an unfortunate handholding situation.
      So you're saying GvGs are lesser content because it's not in the open world? The current situation is the unfortunate handholding situation, but you're also saying to just not do anything about it.
    • Cessari wrote:

      Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      Expax wrote:

      Jumbo.Shrimp wrote:

      They're getting those points because time and work is invested, just like any other MMO
      So owning 46 castles is ''time and work being invested'', but having sixty cGvG teams (theoretically) queue up to play crystals for the guild is not time and work being invested?Why is owning 46 castles reasonable but having a large amount of cGvG teams is not? I'm using your logic and applying it to cGvG.
      Do I look like an Albion developer to you? What's the next question on the list - why I haven't solved world hunger? Having sixty cGvG teams definitely is time invested and no one is disputing that, but the developers who program this game and analyze its data determined an unfair balance of potential earnings return of cGvG vs castles/outposts and therefore put a limit on the former. Is it benefiting BA and handicapping Elevate? Yes. Tbh, I'd rather have content in open-world full-loot pvp zones rather than queued instances from town, but it is what it is and ended in an unfortunate handholding situation.
      So you're saying GvGs are lesser content because it's not in the open world? The current situation is the unfortunate handholding situation, but you're also saying to just not do anything about it.
      It's lesser content for me, since I prefer the open-world full loot pvp aspect of the game. It is why myself and EoS began playing in the betas (since we were longtime Runescape players), but everyone has an opinion and everyone to their own. The only fact I stated was how they capped cGvG points to bring its potential down to match outposts/castles. Handholding is unfortunate. It's a reason why I'm now ZonedOut, and I prefer their attitude of little-to-no handholding as possible. An obvious course of action is to contest them, or their pets, for the outposts and castles. Just like any other sandbox natured game, players and politics shape it. It's nothing new to EVE players, ARK players, and the like. It just kinda comes naturally with the game style. If they rat your mages, castles, and outposts? Then you rat them harder.
    • Kinda off topic but

      SBI what I am seeing in this threat is a lot of guess work from us the players. You say crystal leagues was generating too many points. I believe you but have no idea to what extent this was a problem. You say castles are balance in regards to season points when to me it looks balance in favor a large coalitions.

      I would ask for more transparence in all regards not just this.

      How broken were crystal gvg's? I have no idea but you do.
      Are castles overpowered and contribute to a majority of the top guilds points? I have no idea but you do.

      Contenting this points is meaning less as you have more information than I do. I have to base my opinion on how the game feels. All these large coalitions make a vast majority of content in the black zone unenjoyable. I hate large scale zvz when I have 10 fps and die between frames. Luck is more of a factor if I live that skill as half the time once I've seen something the server is sever frames ahead of me. This takes makes large scale battles slow, laggy, and often you have to predict several seconds in advice what is going to happen leading to less skilled gameplay.

      The most fun I ever have in this game is small scale random content but this can be few and far between. I know you are working on many of the issues brought up on the forums but the majority of the playerbase who want to help make this game better are not see or heard from enough because of an outdated system know as the round table.

      All I ask is listen to the player base and please be more transparent

      Ty for hearing me out <3
      Always :)
    • Its not a point problem, the "problem" only really is that noone else wants to try and win the season.

      You have thousands of players in the anti poe coalition v4, but keep in mind that none of them want points either.
      Its not hard to understand that those fighting with Blue army assists them, but the key thing here is that none of the guilds spending all their time fighting against squad spends a second on trying to get points either.

      The problem is not the system itself, the "problem" is that noone else wants to win.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      The problem is not the system itself, the "problem" is that noone else wants to win.
      I don't think this is accurate unless you currently think the season system is a good system. Which is an opinion that I haven't heard a lot of people trumpeting.

      People don't want to "play", it isn't that they don't want to win. Your entire game play loop is based on tricking people into taking part in your activities for you. It's a battle of wrangling more cats than the other people who care about virtual accolades as much as you do.

      Don't get me wrong, I think that wrangling large amounts of cats is worthy of praise. Like what people are doing isn't easy, but most people would rather there be a system in which many more players get to have more fun and feel rewarded for the effort they are all putting in.

      That way you don't have alliance leadership crying all the time about how they can't afford to pay for the re-gearing they are forced to offer to get people to show up to fights. You don't even really have guild mates at that point, they are just employees but with extra role playing.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • For me the only season where there was competition was three, fight for castles, fight for territories, mage hunt, etc.

      Almost every other season was decided by whoever paid for cgvgears or the BIG coalition fliping castles by whoever as pre-decided to "win" the season.

      Hard to understand how Black Order, BA, SUN, etc, feel proud by winning a season wen the only thing they do its fliping coins... and handhold 70% of player base.

    • Gank wrote:

      Lewpac wrote:

      Over 50% of suns points came from defending our mages round the clock at high level towers
      Seems like you should show some data for that.
      Mages alone, or territory siphon storage also?
      Wouldn't that be one in the same?

      Defend the mages -> more siphon is stored -> more points on rollover.

      Also, why does it matter?

      Guilds that push for #1 find ways to do it. There's literally nothing stopping other guilds from contesting them, they just choose not to and make excuses.

      The only uncontestable approach was mass spamming cgvg teams like BO did, and that resulted in the cgvg cap. Everything else is 100% contestable.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Georg51 wrote:

      Also, why does it matter?

      Guilds that push for #1 find ways to do it. There's literally nothing stopping other guilds from contesting them, they just choose not to and make excuses.
      and everyone who says that, what are the gentlemens, next season a new guild and we're going for top1? after all, it's not a problem that 3/4 BZ's works for one guild, isn't it? :> :D
    • Yes, please, Devs, give us metrics !
      It is pretty annoying to see patch note saying "we will boost/nerf season point on this/that because stuff" without having actual data permitting to understand what is going on !
      (And about metrics, please, give us also a real and usable combat log. Not just 2 poor combat chat channel with even stuff related to combat lost in the system channel)

      keeperofnature wrote:

      @Cessari
      My 2 suggestions dont havr to be added together.
      The thing you quoted would just limit the amount of guilds being able to earn battlemount ranks thus making it more competetive even on the lower end.

      As to what content should give points that would be up for the devs to decide.

      I personally believe the metrics in place should be :
      Territory ownership
      Castle ownership
      Pvp fame
      Pve fame
      Crafting fame
      Gathering fame/resource value
      Hellgates
      20v20 cgvg points
      5v5 cgvg points

      Gank wrote:

      Lewpac wrote:

      Over 50% of suns points came from defending our mages round the clock at high level towers
      Seems like you should show some data for that.
      Mages alone, or territory siphon storage also?
    • grul wrote:

      Yes, please, Devs, give us metrics !
      It is pretty annoying to see patch note saying "we will boost/nerf season point on this/that because stuff" without having actual data permitting to understand what is going on !
      (And about metrics, please, give us also a real and usable combat log. Not just 2 poor combat chat channel with even stuff related to combat lost in the system channel)

      keeperofnature wrote:

      @Cessari
      My 2 suggestions dont havr to be added together.
      The thing you quoted would just limit the amount of guilds being able to earn battlemount ranks thus making it more competetive even on the lower end.

      As to what content should give points that would be up for the devs to decide.

      I personally believe the metrics in place should be :
      Territory ownership
      Castle ownership
      Pvp fame
      Pve fame
      Crafting fame
      Gathering fame/resource value
      Hellgates
      20v20 cgvg points
      5v5 cgvg points

      Gank wrote:

      Lewpac wrote:

      Over 50% of suns points came from defending our mages round the clock at high level towers
      Seems like you should show some data for that.Mages alone, or territory siphon storage also?

      This. We want/need the metrics of how seasons are won so we can provide better feedback and we understand why SBI is going in the direction they currently are. Hell, people could make some cool infographcs with those numbers.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      Its not a point problem, the "problem" only really is that noone else wants to try and win the season.

      You have thousands of players in the anti poe coalition v4, but keep in mind that none of them want points either.
      Its not hard to understand that those fighting with Blue army assists them, but the key thing here is that none of the guilds spending all their time fighting against squad spends a second on trying to get points either.

      The problem is not the system itself, the "problem" is that noone else wants to win.
      Apply this logic to every other content. Why were cities removed? Because nobody contested them when they could? Oh wait they actually did and they were still removed. Why were terri points capped? Because nobody contested them when they could? Oh Sun won season 12 because they defended mages.

      Your logic is just wrong when you apply it to anything else in this game.


      Also the squad poe alliance has 10x as many people as the anti alliance.