Ironroot staff targetting issues/bugs.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ironroot staff targetting issues/bugs.

Video
      2 Scenarios are depicted in the video:
      • Casting the soul link on your ally, then onto yourself.
        Results: Pressing E once with a friendly target binds him with a soul link, pressing the E once more removes your target and changes the cursor targetting to hover, hovering the mouse over an ally and pressing E with no target binds the soul link only to one person.

• Casting the soul link onto yourself, then onto your ally.
        Results: Pressing Alt+E binds the soul link to yourself, further pressing E with a friendly target selected removes your target and changes the cursor targetting to hover, further pressing the corresponding party slot (F1 in this case) binds the soul link correctly.
      Expected targetting behaviour:
      • Pressing the E 2 times in a row onto a selected target should first apply the soul link to your target, then finish the soul link with the caster on the second button press.
      • Pressing Alt+E 2 times in a row should first bind the soul link to yourself on the first click, then if a target is already selected should bind the soul link to that target on the second click, if no target is selected on the second click only then change mouse to hover targetting and allow selecting a target from the party list via hotkeys.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • New

Yes seriously, when will this be fixed? The mechanic currently makes the staff unusable. In stressfull fights you basically can't link anyone because you always click wrong. It should work like Spiritual Seed from Druidic Staff: You select a target, press e, then select another target and press e again. That's how all the spells work, only Soul Link is completely bugged and I have no clue why it is not working properly and still not fixed.
    • New

Nebelfaust wrote:

Yes seriously, when will this be fixed? The mechanic currently makes the staff unusable. In stressfull fights you basically can't link anyone because you always click wrong. It should work like Spiritual Seed from Druidic Staff: You select a target, press e, then select another target and press e again. That's how all the spells work, only Soul Link is completely bugged and I have no clue why it is not working properly and still not fixed.
      Yeah, unless you follow a strict binding order of: Ally then yourself with the Alt bind, you are almost always bound for a fuckup like your target deselecting or cursor changing to hover targetting for no fucking reason whatsoever. In some cases you can even end up with the link only existing on one person, while triggering the full 20s cooldown.

@Dagother Quality control?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().