3d models / files used in game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 3d models / files used in game

Hi! I would like to know if is possible to get the 3d models used in game (weapons / armors etc). I would like to make some printing and blender viewing / editing.
      I tried open assets file extension and ress file extension from the game folder, using unity (latest version), but no success.

SBI, maybe you could make these 3d models available? So anyone could download it to print / viewing using a 3D software.

Could anyone help me? Thank you very much!
    • Yeah Neekk0, i tried that, bu no success... Hard to find the 3d models (weapons, armors etc).
      I dont see a reason to not be allowed copy those files to view/editing (blender / zbrush whatever).
      Anyway, i dont know what to try anymore, its the first time i couldnt access this kind of files from a game.
      Thank you very much Neekk0, if i find something new/useful ill let you know.
    • msfabiao wrote:

"Hi! I would like to know if is possible to get the 3d models used in game (weapons / armors etc). I would like to make some printing and blender viewing / editing.
      I tried open assets file extension and ress file extension from the game folder, using unity (latest version), but no success.

SBI, maybe you could make these 3d models available? So anyone could download it to print / viewing using a 3D software.

Could anyone help me? Thank you very much!"
      I've asked about it just a few days ago at "Vídeo and media". lol...
      If you guys find something, please, let me know.
      I've looked for some avaiable 3D models on the web, but most of these are open meshes, just for fan art visualization. The only closed and also printable one I've found is an albion logo keychain.
      thingiverse.com/thing:270034

The post was edited 2 times, last by ArquiJoker ().

• msfabiao wrote:

Yeah Neekk0, i tried that, bu no success... Hard to find the 3d models (weapons, armors etc).
      I dont see a reason to not be allowed copy those files to view/editing (blender / zbrush whatever).
      Anyway, i dont know what to try anymore, its the first time i couldnt access this kind of files from a game.
      Thank you very much Neekk0, if i find something new/useful ill let you know.
      There is a group of files at "C:\Program Files (x86)\AlbionOnline\game\Albion-Online_Data\StreamingAssets\CharacterBuilder" which maybe you can extract something if you know something about how the game engine read this files. I use Rhinoceros, which is a CAD/ nurbs software that can read several file extentions too. I was not able to open the mashpackage.pmsh file with it, but I friend told me, as well show me a post with one print, that the character and stuffs was made in Autodesk Maya. So it can export/ import to Rhino/ Blender/ ZBrush.
      But I guess we will need to ask for an readable file for the developers, because the mashpackage in game folder is probably something for the game engine, and will need some kind of data export. Also, even if the developers send us a Maya or STL file, there is a small chance to it be a close and ready to print mash. I guess it will need some kind of editing, because probably they are only for visualization too.
    • Thank you very much for the info ArquiJoker. My friend tried same way i tried (unity / asset studio), with every folder we found some files that could be the 3D files... and nothing...
      I think your idea about asking devs for the models will be the best one (actually i would be very happy just by having the weapons 3D files).

Ill let you know if i have any news, thank you.
    • ArquiJoker wrote:

msfabiao wrote:

Yeah Neekk0, i tried that, bu no success... Hard to find the 3d models (weapons, armors etc).
      - zip -
      There is a group of files at "C:\Program Files (x86)\AlbionOnline\game\Albion-Online_Data\StreamingAssets\CharacterBuilder" - zip -
      msfabiao: were you just not able to get the fbx for armor and weapons? Because mobs and world tiles are certainly possible.

ArquiJoker: I came to the same conclusion: since the CharacterBuilder seems to create the meshes according to a script, AssetStudio probably has no way of accessing them. Still, there should be resources that the CharacterBuilder draws from to create the meshes, but those seem to be off-limits.
    • Neekk0 wrote:

ArquiJoker wrote:

msfabiao wrote:

- zip -
      There is a group of files at "C:\Program Files (x86)\AlbionOnline\game\Albion-Online_Data\StreamingAssets\CharacterBuilder" - zip -
      ArquiJoker: I came to the same conclusion: since the CharacterBuilder seems to create the meshes according to a script, AssetStudio probably has no way of accessing them. Still, there should be resources that the CharacterBuilder draws from to create the meshes, but those seem to be off-limits.
      Neekk0, where did you found the mob file? I think it is not enough for all of us, but I would like to try print it as well. Is that a closed mesh?

There was some time I'm thinking about to learn Sculptris/ Zbruh. I'm wondering about to start it by trying some albion stuffs as exercise. Eventhough there is a possibility to game developers send us some files, in most of cases like this, many enterprises use to hire a 3D artist to digital sculpt a final and printable model for mangas as well as games characters. In many cases because of details that does not exist on the in-game model, or because the 3d model dosn't exist (mangas), or even because of the in-game model is just for visualization (open mesh). To model it by ourselves is a harder away, it also needs credits for the game developers, but it is a path you know it will work.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ArquiJoker ().

• msfabiao wrote:

Neekk0, what i meant is i tried every folder, searching for files that could be the 3D weapons, but found nothing,
      I tried again using unity, to open the assets, but is always empty.

Did you find something similar from that mob on your prints, but for weapons Neekk0?
      I only found the "glow" component of the weapons. We are in the same boat.

ArquiJoker wrote:

Neekk0, where did you found the mob file? I think it is not enough for all of us, but I would like to try print it as well. Is that a closed mesh?
      Everything is under resources.assets but has to be extracted. Within AssetStudio and in the extracted folders they are named "MOB_<insert name>".
      You can try and only extract what you need, but I couldn't sort them - and that long, long list is barely navigable. Ended up extracting everything (~60GB!) and deleting the world tiles, which make up the vast majority of the files.

Rhino shows it as Mesh and if I run SelClosedMesh it returns nothing. I guess it is open since some models use open surfaces.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neekk0 ().

• Holy shit... thats sad
      Well, i would like those 3d models for some 3D practicing / skecthes.
      When i have some stuff done (im working on) ill let you guys know here, maybe something can be useful for you too.

What you guys think about pming an officer here in forum or maybe send an email to SBI about this? I mean, asking for some 3Ds
    • Is there any new information about this?

I'd love to try animating a video with Albion models in Blender, and since videos like this exist, I guess its possible to extract the models from the game.

I got the models with the method above, but what about textures for those models?

And also no way to make a non naked character model, even in that video above that guy didnt figure that out

Really wish SBI gave a legit way to access this kind of stuff for content creation