AlbionTV Feedback Loop #3: S13 changes and their impact, Rest Cities & Public Hideouts

• AlbionTV Feedback Loop #3: S13 changes and their impact, Rest Cities & Public Hideouts

edit: in case you missed it here are the links

twitch: twitch.tv/videos/1072639709

Hey guys!

As part of the AlbionTV program on the AlbionOnline Twitch channel, we are piloting a new format, now called the Feedback Loop with Episode #3 airing on Wednesday the 29th of June at 19:00 UTC.

Within this format we want to select and present feedback and opinions from the community on certain hot topics of the time.

The goals will be to:
      1. collect and present different community viewpoints and opinions on topics
      2. filter and present it in a concise way, so the Albion Online Developers can directly respond to or give input on the topics presented
      Because we are airing the show on the official Albion Online twitch channel, we are fortunate to be able to work directly with some of the Albion Online Devs on parts of the show.
      This is the third thread in a series of topics that will be created here in the Feedback & Suggestions forum. Each show (currently planned on a bi-weekly basis) will have its own thread to consolidate the discussion.

In case you missed the first episodes - here are the links:
      A few quick notes before we get to this weeks’ topics:
      • this is not a live Q&A show, but we collect & present the feedback we can find and receive during the time leading up to each show
      • due to how much time it takes to put together feedback and fit that into the very busy dev-schedule, each show must be limited in its scope to keep each episode brief and to the point
      • once the show is over, the discussion doesn’t stop and we want to continue collecting the feedback - so please keep the posts coming, both on the topics presented and especially if you thought we missed or overlooked anything on a certain topic
      • you can either post your feedback into this thread directly or link to it if you have already made a post about it in the past
      • all feedback must be constructive, personal attacks or otherwise poorly worded rants will have to go straight to the trash-filter-bin, I assume you know what I mean - be nice ;)
      Feedback Loop #3 topics:
      • S13 Economic Changes - First Impressions (Gathering / Transmutation / Relics)
      • S13 New Mobs (Spiders / Chests / Open World Mobs)
      • living in the Outlands: Rest Cities & Public Hideouts
        • viability, differences, usefulness
        • can you live out of a Rest City like Merlyn's Rest or Arthur's Rest?
      Whether it's a small issue that can be fixed quickly or larger more complex topics - please let us know what you think and post in this thread.

The third episode will air on Wednesday June 29th at 19:00 UTC.

Join us live or watch the VOD later at www.twitch.tv/AlbionOnline :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bogul ().

• 1. channeling access into hideouts, if you get hit channeling will be interrupted.
      2. 1 hideout per zone. without option to access to other alliances
      3. also scouting need a closer look, like sbi was banning people for self scouting, now I dont hear about self scout banns from while. I would proposal to add total fame to be able set home in hideouts, like 20-30m its not that much but can preventing many people from naked self scouting and make open world content less safety
      4. less fame bonus from mobs in open world, more silver.. as player with almost everything with full spec I dont care about fame bonus, I want $$
      5. delete portal locks, let people travel arround whole map. hideout home will be reseted anyway. if my lock is dominated for example fort sterling, and have travel for 6-9 zones to be able to gank and seen enemys.. just let people jump into other portal and leggo CONTENT, overall more ZVZ conflict, less renting.

a significant change when it comes to gatheing, now its hard not to come back with a .1 or .2. its definitely worth my time.
      As for mobs in the open world, more $$ less fame, as you play with almost full specs I am not very convinced by the "extra" amount of fame. larger silver or drop rewards.
      Spiders shouldnt be marked or atleast dont interacting with moving spider. on the map, this is a nice effect but is often used by gankers so 1-3 players might have a problem.
      As for the chests, I did not meet many of them, one that was already stolen :P

its generally starting to go in the right direction :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

• It's such a shame that hideouts offer more than outlands cities. One small hideout can have shops, market, chest and houses. Meanwhile a CITY have only chest and market which is pretty unbalanced.
      • Cities should have shops with crafting bonuses like Royal cities have maybe just lower. Maybe 20% crafting bonus but since we have only 3 cities in outlands each would grant every single item, refining, cooking and brewing bonus.
      • City shops in outlands should be controlled by npcs and not actual players. They could be controlled the same black market is? Or feeding them food and giving them materials for 5% higher price than estimated market price of each resource or food.
      • Player islands could be placed in outland cities
      • New bosses and mobs. Some dungeons are very repetetive, there is no challenge and no thrill after 20 dungeons or less. You do the same thing over and over again. We have currently 4 types of mobs in solo dungeons. Eathkeepers, undead, heretics and morgana. Time to add fifth one with new mobs and bosses.
      • Reduce the amount of hideouts per zone at this point some zomes are actual cities made by alliances and guilds which can't be breached or conquested.
    • If I am allowed to share my opinion, about Hideout:
      • I completely support the addition of 1 to 2 seconds channeling to enter a Hideout.
      • Protection bubble should be limited in time and in distance, like you need to stay in a 10m radius and for less than 10 seconds for example to keep the bubble.
      • Hideout represents your secret underground base. Only members of the same alliance should have accessed, only a lvl 3 hideout allowing others people to make home was a good change and should stay.
      • Max 3 hideout by zone, only 1 hideout by alliance. Make the maintenance cost of the Hideout and the internal buildings increase exponentially in case of multiple hideout from the same alliance in the zone.
      • Only the alliance which own the territory should be able to smashed it out and only the alliance which own it should be able to defend it, a third party should be unfavored in the conflict in the zone. it is my strong opinion the game should force people to solve the problem themselves rather than by using diplomaty to bring more people and having everyone suffer from the queue.
      About Rest,
      • I definitively would like to see them develop and offer more services. I wish to see something new, creative and fun probably toward a shadier version of a city compared to the Royal continent

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draclain ().

• As a owner of public HO i will answer in few questions.

What do you think about public hideouts and how they work in Albion currently?
      I consider the introduction of HO, which allows to create places for crafters, as a very good change in the game. Before, there were only plots in cities that were very expensive. Maintaining your hideout is not expensive as long as you live well with the alliance in the area. I cannot imagine now the game without public hideouts.

Whats working and what isnt?
      The hideouts give a lot of opportunities to crafters. Looking at how many people crafting in hideouts, you can definitely say that it works as it should.

Is it profitable?
      Yes, it is ;) even if there is a big competition.

What does it take to successfully have a public hideout?
      I am talking about it again, without the consent of the alliance that has this territory, you will not put up a hideout. Another thing is feeding the buildings. You have to be systematic. In general, you have to spend a lot of time manage your hideout.

Suggestion?
      Scouts are a big problem for public HO. Unfortunately, blocking them does nothing because after a while another character from 0fame appears only to inform that some crafter is leaving the HO. Many players have lost their money by being helpless against gankers. So I think it would be nice to add a new option to the HO. Access from the amount of general FAME. And the owner can set from 0 to e.g. 50m (and I think it would be useful not only in crafting HOs.) Scouts would not appear so often and adding one to the blacklist would make the ganking group more difficult.
    • see a lot of good idea for changing how albion to something better and for me in pvp game (power and money its important) but have some of big point can be change for better
      i take some idea from reddit i see people talk about hideout (suppose to be for small guild this is what albion say ) are monopolize by big guild/ alliance why don't make it more difficult for this big alliance like 1 alliance have 10 hideout in 1 zone make this hideout need more food per hideout / put new hideout to craft like the second one is same map is more expensive to craft ( its just idea cant be change or manage to be possible ) channeling for go inside and please fix the hideout to much close to the bubble rang ( look picture down its juste example have aloooooooot like this ) i have some good idea u cant go inside the hideout if its not u guild i u wana go inside and its not u guild channeling for go in
      nerf zerg ganking t2 blop spread in all the map with people in each gate and a lot of people chasing u ( no idee how to this its u jobs to think of that :D ) give more value and reward for small scall group how take risk to fight big group of zerg
      i see a lot of effort for find new content but please fix juste what u have zvz with 500 people is not fun at all
      and new content to death content is useless :D
      the picture its just for show the hideout abuse with bubble
      Images
      • Untitled.png

164.03 kB, 572×332, viewed 32 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by apollonn ().

• hello, some idea here:

add fog of war for the mini map, your mini map only show structure, but not how the map looks. you only see what your party see.
      reason:
      create the "discovery effect for maps ( specially with the new layout ones comming)
      reward knowing YOUR map, "noobtrap" or big fight would be more rewarding for "knowledgable caller".

add roaming guard scouting the map for your from the terry. ( see point above). the vortex cristal when add to a territory need to be GIVEN to a specific use decided by the guild:
      either magic ressource rate,
      lvl up guard( like even add a healer class guard) ,
      add small cristal tower ( high dmg, low hp, respawn each 1h for the time the power vortex cristal is up.
      add a big roaming Guard,
      get a artifact to craft a Tower watch to place in the outland scouting the zone for you ( plus slow effect or others)

add weather condition, ( sand storm, snow storm , acid strom, and wind) big aoE on the map roaming slowly,
      respectively, (reducing mana overtime, slowing people, dot overtime or anti heal, speed up or slow depending on the side your walking)

create more imertion in the game by:
      when night, lighten up your torch bright to counter a max vision range decrease ( only during night or in dungeon) ,
      speed buff 10% when on road in BZ, -10% speed when in water.

add unique role, for castle, a fix balista in castle, can be sabotage for 1H from the outside by channeling over a wall with a rope/ladder system.

make the shortcut by linking static dungeon lvl2 deepness together. dangerous road and gankable but time rewarding.

give a reason to be near your territory ( bonus fame +1% each minute your stay in it until a max limit for this specific terry. ( people sleeping in terry , giving a reason to dive them. add a guild chest in terry for exchange, drop loot, regear ( in a unsafe place as hell ( we dont want regear mid fight on a terry) but home in terry was nice before :/ ( a small limit for home for terry ( 5 lvl1 +5 each lvl) don't drop home if terry drop lvl but no more new home .

gathering dungeon entrance in the terries.

give the "invicible" mob ( 10 man needed) horrific spell and make them chase player in the zone, THEY are the monster chasing you. ( could add a weather condition to that monster ava mob .

interactive element in the game ( like doors, but not to enter a castle, but for a gorge shortcut, only acces to the terry owner, else take your time break it.
      idem for element like wood bridge, let everyone pass, but you can break it to narrow the landscape to your advantage.

hum, this part is far harder, but the "lore" part. idk about npc to devellop the story in game with "the big chaser mobs" .but story about charater like BM master, the city leaders? the old building for the owner of the city, can we make a tavern in those :/ winner of the last faction war get a upgrade for their city mount/bag/cape.

and finally the biggest one of all. how come you can attack where ever on the map. launch all the BZ if you want,. 1 terry per 1 terry , and only your biggest terry can score point,. if you get more than 1 terry, you better drop the others one or you get a -50% point on the big one.
      that could force small guild and big alliance. so limit the max number of guild in a alliance.

big guild fight to make a path to the center
      ( you can folow the one who beat you the first day 1 terry late, and help the "energy yellow defender" against the "actual top1 guild" so they must restart from the "launchable terries".)
      after the starting phase(reset days ( would be 7 days reset day to make it to the further terries), the small guild can try their start too. without reason from the big alliance to be there since you can launch from alliance terry proximity as well as:
      you can only start your first attack terri from: portal, Rests, or strategic point ( max 3 more).

and i am for the 1 HO max per map + channeling for entering

dont forget the story about avalonian road: we don't know what have started!! :)

i have a lot, and a lot of idea, specially for combat mecanics, weapon gameplay not natural, under used weapon, combo weapon, new idea for corrupted dungeon health, for zerg, new inovent game speciallity. well a lot in store still.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Morfaders ().

• Morfaders wrote:

hello, some idea here:

add fog of war for the mini map, your mini map only show structure, but not how the map looks. you only see what your party see.
      reason:
      create the "discovery effect for maps ( specially with the new layout ones comming)
      reward knowing YOUR map, "noobtrap" or big fight would be more rewarding for "knowledgable caller".

add roaming guard scouting the map for your from the terry. ( see point above). the vortex cristal when add to a territory need to be GIVEN to a specific use decided by the guild:
      either magic ressource rate,
      lvl up guard( like even add a healer class guard) ,
      add small cristal tower ( high dmg, low hp, respawn each 1h for the time the power vortex cristal is up.
      add a big roaming Guard,
      get a artifact to craft a Tower watch to place in the outland scouting the zone for you ( plus slow effect or others)

add weather condition, ( sand storm, snow storm , acid strom, and wind) big aoE on the map roaming slowly,
      respectively, (reducing mana overtime, slowing people, dot overtime or anti heal, speed up or slow depending on the side your walking)

create more imertion in the game by:
      when night, lighten up your torch bright to counter a max vision range decrease ( only during night or in dungeon) ,
      speed buff 10% when on road in BZ, -10% speed when in water.

add unique role, for castle, a fix balista in castle, can be sabotage for 1H from the outside by channeling over a wall with a rope/ladder system.

make the shortcut by linking static dungeon lvl2 deepness together. dangerous road and gankable but time rewarding.

give a reason to be near your territory ( bonus fame +1% each minute your stay in it until a max limit for this specific terry. ( people sleeping in terry , giving a reason to dive them. add a guild chest in terry for exchange, drop loot, regear ( in a unsafe place as hell ( we dont want regear mid fight on a terry) but home in terry was nice before :/ ( a small limit for home for terry ( 5 lvl1 +5 each lvl) don't drop home if terry drop lvl but no more new home .

gathering dungeon entrance in the terries.

give the "invicible" mob ( 10 man needed) horrific spell and make them chase player in the zone, THEY are the monster chasing you. ( could add a weather condition to that monster ava mob .

interactive element in the game ( like doors, but not to enter a castle, but for a gorge shortcut, only acces to the terry owner, else take your time break it.
      idem for element like wood bridge, let everyone pass, but you can break it to narrow the landscape to your advantage.

hum, this part is far harder, but the "lore" part. idk about npc to devellop the story in game with "the big chaser mobs" .but story about charater like BM master, the city leaders? the old building for the owner of the city, can we make a tavern in those :/ winner of the last faction war get a upgrade for their city mount/bag/cape.

and finally the biggest one of all. how come you can attack where ever on the map. launch all the BZ if you want,. 1 terry per 1 terry , and only your biggest terry can score point,. if you get more than 1 terry, you better drop the others one or you get a -50% point on the big one.
      that could force small guild and big alliance. so limit the max number of guild in a alliance.

big guild fight to make a path to the center
      ( you can folow the one who beat you the first day 1 terry late, and help the "energy yellow defender" against the "actual top1 guild" so they must restart from the "launchable terries".)
      after the starting phase(reset days ( would be 7 days reset day to make it to the further terries), the small guild can try their start too. without reason from the big alliance to be there since you can launch from alliance terry proximity as well as:
      you can only start your first attack terri from: portal, Rests, or strategic point ( max 3 more).

and i am for the 1 HO max per map + channeling for entering

dont forget the story about avalonian road: we don't know what have started!! :)

i have a lot, and a lot of idea, specially for combat mecanics, weapon gameplay not natural, under used weapon, combo weapon, new idea for corrupted dungeon health, for zerg, new inovent game speciallity. well a lot in store still.
      For this kind of suggestions you should probably go to suggestion part of forum.
    • Yes. In my opinion, hideout setup should be according to users need.
      Second thing, feedback are more important. This is a very good start. Collect users feedback during show and make changes according to their opinions. In this way, you will get an idea about their choices and preferences. And why do not you sell merch. Start giveaways in the form of cool grunge tshirt, or animated character shirts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xcruciful: Link removed. Just to make sure it's not an ad. ().