How about reducing 5 crystals to 1 big crystal in corrupted dungeon

• How about reducing 5 crystals to 1 big crystal in corrupted dungeon

This is an imperfect thought that corrupted dungeon only has one crystal in the port of final boss.
      Obviously, the big crystal has higher HP. It will take more time to destroy the big crystal than present crystal.
      This new design has two advantages:
      1. Much easier to catch rats because if rats want to escape they must go to the only crystal position. You can choose to wait for them on the road to crystal.
      2. If one player wants to escape, he will undertake higher risk of being killed. Because it will takes more time to destroy crystal.

However, this design also has some drawbacks:
      1. Should the final boss appear after invading? The boss and crystal will exist in same position.
      2. Too hard to destroy crystal. It is not fair for some staffs.
      3. There will be less fun to escape. Many map items are useless.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

mingaw wrote:

what you asking for is to make Corrupted dungoens your gank playground, dont you?!

5 crystal is quite fine, theres no chance for camping exits
      I dont mean that. This idea is not nice for rats and players who want to quit. It makes battle unavoidable.
      that actual system is to prevent a fully PVP geared player to gank on PVE players.

it really feels like you looking for easy fights on PVE guys
    • Pure PvE guys should not be in Corrupted that is what random green solo dungeons were created for. The main idea for shards was to give completely countered builds an opportunity to avoid the bad matchup. However it turned into people pure ratting and to heavily favors the kite builds who can dominate ranking in relative safety being how easy it is to escape with 5 shards.

With that said 1 shard doesn't make much sense either mise well just not have any in that case (which side note I would love). I feel the better balance is having a timer of 5 to 6 minutes which would allow kite builds ample time to attempt to secure a kill if they actually fight and not continuously reset. After that both people are ported to a final pit for a fight to the death. Area could still allow for kiting and movement but would be restrictive. Also if people are worried about guardian boots etc just make them purgable like most other boots. Problems solved.
    • Tabor wrote:

Pure PvE guys should not be in Corrupted that is what random green solo dungeons were created for. The main idea for shards was to give completely countered builds an opportunity to avoid the bad matchup. However it turned into people pure ratting and to heavily favors the kite builds who can dominate ranking in relative safety being how easy it is to escape with 5 shards.

With that said 1 shard doesn't make much sense either mise well just not have any in that case (which side note I would love). I feel the better balance is having a timer of 5 to 6 minutes which would allow kite builds ample time to attempt to secure a kill if they actually fight and not continuously reset. After that both people are ported to a final pit for a fight to the death. Area could still allow for kiting and movement but would be restrictive. Also if people are worried about guardian boots etc just make them purgable like most other boots. Problems solved.
      Catching your "prey" is also part of gameplay in corrupted dungeon.