Arenas ARE NOT BALANCED

• Small-scale/Solo PvP
    • Arenas ARE NOT BALANCED

So everyone was saying (Oh ya Arena's are balanced, it doesn't matter what lvl you are, there fair, blah blah blah) I don't know what Albion was thinking, so many other things are fun and cool in this game. However, Arena's need to be adjusted to gear score or something to make them balanced. And don't even try to say they are, I tested my theory on 5 arena's today. And the worst was one that one team 4 players had T4 gear and 1 had T5, the other team 4 players had T5 and 1 had T6, and it was a SLAUGTHER! NOT FUN! NOT COOL! and shouldn't even be like that. If World of Warcraft has the ability to set balanced battlegrounds with 20yr old technology, then Albion certainly should be able to. They need a fix.
    • Gabumon wrote:

On one side, yes, it should be easy to fix. On the other, men, 10 average ip difference does not make a huge impact. Is more the experience and builds.
      Differences are up to 200 av. IP if comparing a flat T4 set and a 8.3MP set.
      200 IP difference results in ~34% TTK advantage, and that is very var from negligible.

It's more of an issue regarding those 2 extremes. If you want to keep the slight IP difference - make a steeper softcap, if not just hardcap it at 700-800.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • @thefixx2 you are entirely correct. Arenas are not balanced.

IMO these days they exist as a "goof around" content for people to try certain builds or flex their 8.3 MP sets in PvP without fear of losing them. They were created (from memory) as a means of introducing non-lethal 5v5 PvP to the masses, coupled with an arena tournament? Prior to its introduction all 5v5 PvP was either old-school territory GvG or HG. Nothing has really been done over the years to enhance or improve the experience in arena.

The actual good content are the HG (the non-lethal are fun). The issue i expect you are suffering is not having the 5 player team to play with...this is really where been in a guild helps.
    • This has already been stated in other posts of its kind, but if a balancing mechanism was added, you can still bypass it by queuing up in low gear and switching after you enter. So queue up in tier 4, and then switch to Gucci gear. And if you want to counter by saying people shouldn't be able to switch in arena, that isn't fair either because sometimes two great teams can be matched up, and one is the perfect counter to the other, and the first team should have the opportunity to counter also by changing.
    • The problem you said exists actually. However, IP of gears in arena doesn't have big difference between 8.3 and 4.0 because there exists huge IP reducing. Besides, not all people use 8.3 in arena. Most IP values are between 750 to 850.
      The most unbalanced part is gear itself. Considering the mechanism of arena that players should occupy the rune to get more points. Some gears is very strong in arena compared to open world like cloth helmet (power 2), assiassin jacket, great holy staff etc. which is very strong in staying in runes or get enemies out of runes.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

The problem you said exists actually. However, IP of gears in arena doesn't have big difference between 8.3 and 4.0 because there exists huge IP reducing. Besides, not all people use 8.3 in arena. Most IP values are between 750 to 850.
      The most unbalanced part is gear itself. Considering the mechanism of arena that players should occupy the rune to get more points. Some gears is very strong in arena compared to open world like cloth helmet (power 2), assiassin jacket, great holy staff etc. which is very strong in staying in runes or get enemies out of runes.
      The difference between 8.3 and 4.0 is plenty big in arena. Put a full 8.3 group against a full 4.0 group and the 8.3 group will win 100 times of 100.