New Growth, Bad Game Play, Market player based lol

• New Growth, Bad Game Play, Market player based lol

I hate to say this but we have just been f**ked!

How, the Pop online just went from 125k to 271k. Same land, same Mats and twice the number of players.

And what's odds, with all those extra players hardly a movement in the market's. One would expect a jump in price across the board, all those new guys need stuff. So ware are these goods coming from, not the players. So much for the fiction that everything is player made.
    • you are telling me that odd 150k++ players have the silver to buy t8 items on day 1?
      answer is no

it has just been 1 week since mobile release.
      they will not have the silver to commit to a t8 set more less the ability to equip one if they are casuals playing like 1-2 hour per day

at one point the consumption will ramp up when they earn more silver to buy more expensive stuff before they could buy premium to start making gear then only will the market level out

after they have their economy sorted out which is one month down the line then only we talk about those people buying like 5-10 sets as replacements only then would we see the market move
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • There is a ripple with onboarding new players to the player base, you will see a influx in prices and drop in availability as such seen below:
      Week One T2/T3 materials
      Week Two T4 Gear Sets
      Week Three T4/T5 Gear sets
      Week Four T4/T5/T6
      Week Five T6/T7
      Week Six T6/T7
      Week Seven T6/T7/T8
      Week Eight T7/T8
      Week Nine - This is the week fall off happens and about 20% of the new players drop off and markets stabilize.
      http://i68.tinypic.com/2guwopw.png
    • Illidan wrote:

There is a ripple with onboarding new players to the player base, you will see a influx in prices and drop in availability as such seen below:
      Week One T2/T3 materials
      Week Two T4 Gear Sets
      Week Four T4/T5/T6
      Week Five T6/T7
      Week Six T6/T7
      Week Seven T6/T7/T8
      Week Eight T7/T8
      Week Nine - This is the week fall off happens and about 20% of the new players drop off and markets stabilize.
      did you make this up?
      | Bogul#6397 | Twitch.tv/Bogul99 | @AO_Bogul |
    • Bogul wrote:

Illidan wrote:

There is a ripple with onboarding new players to the player base, you will see a influx in prices and drop in availability as such seen below:
      Week One T2/T3 materials
      Week Two T4 Gear Sets
      Week Four T4/T5/T6
      Week Five T6/T7
      Week Six T6/T7
      Week Seven T6/T7/T8
      Week Eight T7/T8
      did you make this up?
      it's a bit before his timeline but I did just sell a bunch of t5 leering cane that I forgot I even had on market..maybe timeline is accelerated due to summer break.
    • DareDrop wrote:

Just saw a T5 Expert’s Broadsword selling for 9k the value of the mats it took to make it 20k, is this a balanced market? I think not.
      kina is.
      when crafting it with focus in the correct city with journals the price drops significantly
      since resource return rate can reach near 50% when crafting in the blackzone combine with the silver/material return of journals makes for a very cheap finish item
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • ¿A ver, esperabas que con el número de gente que llegó el precio de los objetos iba a aumentar? Jajajaja
      Eso solo tendría sentido si hubiera una oferta menor que la demanda, pero todas esas nuevas personas lo único que hacen es aumentar más y más la oferta.
      Hablas de una espada de tier 5, en una semana los farmer fácilmente ya son tier 5 en cualquier rama de recolección, dentro de dos semanas quizás ya son tier 7, por lo que en dos semanas te puedo asegurar que el precio de los objetos tier 7 va a caer también.
      En un mes o dos más o menos el precio se estabilizará, pero igual los objetos tendrán un precio menor al que tenemos actualmente y bajará más y más.
      Además que con los nuevos monstruos avalonianos y el aumento de aparición de los recursos x1, x2 y x3 el precio de estos objetos bajará, la gente preferirá comprarlos haciendo que todos los precios bajen en definitiva.
    • What we need is a real world like market, one that is not controlled in a very restrictive manner like we have now. In the real world, the market does not control the prices, IT IS ONLY A MARKET MAKER. It's only function is to provide a place to buy and sell things, IT DOES NOT SET THE PRICES. It does NOT try to correct market unbalances. So if someone makes more items then the buyers need there is a over supply that results in a drop in price. It is self correcting. Albion Online try's to control the price of everything, and the transaction fee are grossly to large.

I think it would be a far more interesting game if this was not the case, frankly there is little hope of that.
    • lol, do you understand how in game world or even the real world works? The in game economy functions similar to common real world economies. The only thing that is lacking is government regulations to control/stimulate the economy.

The real world...market does control the prices. The consumer controls the prices. If they consumer does not want the product for the price offered, they do not buy it. Producers/sellers must sell their products at a price that the consumer is comfortable paying.

@DareDrop - what is the actual point of your post? What point are you trying to get across? What change are trying to stimulate?
    • It was not clear, By the market I mean the body that Runs the market, ie NY Sock Exchange. They are the Market Maker. IN this game Albion Online is the Market Maker AND the they also control the whole economy. Its not a free market. they manipulate the Market for there own good and not the players. They control the SPREAD between the buy and sell orders among other things. I have seen this as high as 30%. And no one in there right mind makes something and sells it for 25% what the cost of the material is worth.

It would be a lot more interesting game if it was a free market. What are your thoughts on the market, seem like the real world?

The post was edited 1 time, last by DareDrop ().

• @DareDrop

i dont think you know how this game's economy works. albion online's player driven economy is one of the most unique in game economy only behind eve online economy and there is no body which governs price setting in the game and there are many counter measures implemented by the devs to make sure that do not happen

this game is driven by supply and demand and that is that no under works no funny business

first i wish to listen how you think this game economy works by answering these questions

who set buy orders and sell orders in normal markets
      who buy items from black market in caerleon
      who sell items to black market in caerleon
      how drops from chests work
      how resource return rate works - where to get highest resource return rate possible in the game
      how journals work

i already know the answer.
      and i can with 100% tell you right now that you can make money even if the materials used to make the final product cost double the price of the final item
      crafting is profitable if you know how to do it properly
      there is even websites which calculate the profit you will make for your information so you cannot trick anyone

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().