(Change for Yellow Zones) A percent chance for players to drop items upon death in Yellow Zones (NOT ALL ITEMS like RZ or BZ)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • (Change for Yellow Zones) A percent chance for players to drop items upon death in Yellow Zones (NOT ALL ITEMS like RZ or BZ)

      This would be a nice addition because lets face it; players tend to stay in the safe Yellow Zones as opposed to trying red or black zones, even some t7/t8 people would rather just sit in yellow for hours. We need to take away the coddling these types of players are getting and yellow zones penalty is way too soft to begin with.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • deenne wrote:

      ahaa so you want bully newbies and take items from them instead of go into rz/bz nice
      Did you not read my post? Its the EXACT opposite. How it works now is that people due to watching "certain" videos have decided that Yellow Zones are the absolute best and should always be stayed in because apparently they think red zones and black zones arent worth it, my proposed change would make yellow zones not so baby/coddling to players so they now have to weigh their options, they can stay in blue zones and be 100% safe, they can take a risk in yellow zones and drop 1 item or items depending how the devs would want it to work or they can go red and risk loosing EVERYTHING.

      Im trying to get players to go out into the world not stick in yellow zones at tier 7 and tier 8 because they are scared and dont want to risk ANYTHING but 2 minutes if they get knocked down in a yellow zone, wow so scary so bad...2 whole minutes.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • i want remind you this is sandbox, and you cant force someone to doing something..
      I know many people who play albion after job to chill for 1-2h and they dont have time to travel, running away 20minutes from gankers etc.. and you want took them everything they enjoy.
    • deenne wrote:

      i want remind you this is sandbox, and you cant force someone to doing something..
      I know many people who play albion after job to chill for 1-2h and they dont have time to travel, running away 20minutes from gankers etc.. and you want took them everything they enjoy.
      Then they shouldnt be playing this game, if you want to sit in blue and yellow zones FOREVER to feel safe then you should be playing RUNESCAPE, there you can go farm all the live long day and its much more "safer" than Albion. Why even play Albion Online if you are scared of player interaction? Let me remind you, Albion Online's selling point when it was first out was that it was a full-loot open world MMORPG, if you want to play safe-gathering simulator theres plenty of other games on the market that you could be playing, if you dont want to EVER deal with player interaction this isnt the game for you.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • Caideroth wrote:

      Then they shouldnt be playing this game, if you want to sit in blue and yellow zones FOREVER to feel safe then you should be playing RUNESCAPE, there you can go farm all the live long day and its much more "safer" than Albion. Why even play Albion Online if you are scared of player interaction? Let me remind you, Albion Online's selling point when it was first out was that it was a full-loot open world MMORPG, if you want to play safe-gathering simulator theres plenty of other games on the market that you could be playing, if you dont want to EVER deal with player interaction this isnt the game for you.
      lol still wrong, someone can play this game only for crafting, someone only to chill on island, someone is doing only HCE.. someone is role playing.. you cant force someone to do PVP in rz/bz cuz you want that
      and most player base and income is from YZ players not from BZ.. BZ are mostly renting world, turned into blue zone with all HO etc..
    • Caideroth wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      i want remind you this is sandbox, and you cant force someone to doing something..
      I know many people who play albion after job to chill for 1-2h and they dont have time to travel, running away 20minutes from gankers etc.. and you want took them everything they enjoy.
      Then they shouldnt be playing this game, if you want to sit in blue and yellow zones FOREVER to feel safe then you should be playing RUNESCAPE, there you can go farm all the live long day and its much more "safer" than Albion. Why even play Albion Online if you are scared of player interaction? Let me remind you, Albion Online's selling point when it was first out was that it was a full-loot open world MMORPG, if you want to play safe-gathering simulator theres plenty of other games on the market that you could be playing, if you dont want to EVER deal with player interaction this isnt the game for you.
      Thats not your problem on what people wanna do with their account and character, if people wanna play safe or not is not your problem. You cannot force people on do what you like more or adjust on your playstyle. This zones exist for a reason and DEVs know it.

      This game have a lot more things like SPECS - ECONOMY - FARMING - CRAFT not only PVP, you must be a dog that sit bored on RZ or BZ waiting for gank someone with your loser team and get angry because ppl enjoy YZ and avoid you.
    • deenne wrote:

      Caideroth wrote:

      Then they shouldnt be playing this game, if you want to sit in blue and yellow zones FOREVER to feel safe then you should be playing RUNESCAPE, there you can go farm all the live long day and its much more "safer" than Albion. Why even play Albion Online if you are scared of player interaction? Let me remind you, Albion Online's selling point when it was first out was that it was a full-loot open world MMORPG, if you want to play safe-gathering simulator theres plenty of other games on the market that you could be playing, if you dont want to EVER deal with player interaction this isnt the game for you.
      lol still wrong, someone can play this game only for crafting, someone only to chill on island, someone is doing only HCE.. someone is role playing.. you cant force someone to do PVP in rz/bz cuz you want thatand most player base and income is from YZ players not from BZ.. BZ are mostly renting world, turned into blue zone with all HO etc..
      The game wasnt intended for you to sit in Yellow Zones forever, thats why theres tiers. Yellow Zones only go up to tier 5, the issue is that tier 5+ players rather than progressing on would rather sit in the safety of Yellow Zones without fear. This isnt right, they shouldnt be able to make more money in Yellow Zones than in Red/Black Zones, thats why my proposed change would be fair and not force players to do anything they didnt want to.

      MrDaS wrote:

      Caideroth wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      i want remind you this is sandbox, and you cant force someone to doing something..
      I know many people who play albion after job to chill for 1-2h and they dont have time to travel, running away 20minutes from gankers etc.. and you want took them everything they enjoy.
      Then they shouldnt be playing this game, if you want to sit in blue and yellow zones FOREVER to feel safe then you should be playing RUNESCAPE, there you can go farm all the live long day and its much more "safer" than Albion. Why even play Albion Online if you are scared of player interaction? Let me remind you, Albion Online's selling point when it was first out was that it was a full-loot open world MMORPG, if you want to play safe-gathering simulator theres plenty of other games on the market that you could be playing, if you dont want to EVER deal with player interaction this isnt the game for you.
      Thats not your problem on what people wanna do with their account and character, if people wanna play safe or not is not your problem. You cannot force people on do what you like more or adjust on your playstyle. This zones exist for a reason and DEVs know it.
      This game have a lot more things like SPECS - ECONOMY - FARMING - CRAFT not only PVP, you must be a dog that sit bored on RZ or BZ waiting for gank someone with your loser team and get angry because ppl enjoy YZ and avoid you.
      My problem is the fact that people can play safe and make more money than people who actually dare to play the game. Players shouldnt be able to sit safely in Yellow Zones without fear of losing anything and STILL make more money than someone wanting to merchant through cities/gther in higher tier zones/do PvE content past tier 5...They are abusing the game when you really think about it, thats why if there was a harsher penalty for dying in Yellow Zones like I proposed players would either be forced to spread out or go to tier 4 blue zones for their safety.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • I can tell you when people already or have enough silver,they will go to redzone and black zone to get more fame and loot from dungeon.
      Or they want to join ZVZ ,bandit or gathering for T6-T8.
      Safezone muct have for new player build up gear and fame before they journey to redzone and Black zone . If safe zone have risk
      loot some item,some of all player will wear whole T8.3 gear to hunt player just get T6 gear ,this is unfair for new player.

      I understand your point ,you want people to out from safe zone and journey to really Albion world, ,maybe can make more event in Red/black zone , people will go there
    • Catandcoffee wrote:

      I can tell you when people already or have enough silver,they will go to redzone and black zone to get more fame and loot from dungeon.
      Or they want to join ZVZ ,bandit or gathering for T6-T8.
      Safezone muct have for new player build up gear and fame before they journey to redzone and Black zone . If safe zone have risk
      loot some item,some of all player will wear whole T8.3 gear to hunt player just get T6 gear ,this is unfair for new player.

      I understand your point ,you want people to out from safe zone and journey to really Albion world, ,maybe can make more event in Red/black zone , people will go there
      When you are in tier 5 gear you are ready for pvp, I have seen t5 beat t7 people before, players are too coddled in Yellow Zones.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • Caideroth ... i don`t understand you`re problem ... i mean i`ve never failed to get content in this game ... it seams to me like you`re complaining that there are not enough people in the red and black zones ? first of all, to me, the red zones were not worth the risk, now they are worth for bandits.
      I think the game in itz current state is in a good place with something for every1. I know people that spend all day farming yellow zone solos ... what is wrong with that they`re goal is to get max speck in a wepon/armour type so they can take advantage of using lower tier gear with higher ip in the full loot pvp zones ... and I see no problem with they`re logic.
      i`ll give u a example with my char atm i have a mix and match of gear witch is worth roughly 400k (estimated market value from inventory) base average item power is 200ip lower than average item power som1 with less than 50m fame to me is som1 new and i wouldn`t blame them for staying in safe zones or joining a guild with regears to zvz ...
      I think, and correct me if i`m wrong, you are griefing about those 8.3 geared bastards that gank in small groups in the yellow zones.- I don`t consider this a problem because if they die the repair bill isn`t cheap.
      SPI could put a IP cap on these zones , but i don`t think that would work because of other reasons ...

      Be happy with these developers witch love the game ... hope they will never sell to a big corporation witch only care about the profit .



      watch what happens when publishers care only about profit...
    • albion gives content to you
      albion gives content to players who play in yellow zones
      And now you tell them: "go play runescape instead, leave my full loot albion! Im dont enjoy the way you playing, so go away or change it for my wishes"
      What a lol.
      Well there was a lot games witch developers thougth they can force players to do smth. Now they dying.
    • Ullumulu wrote:

      Caideroth ... i don`t understand you`re problem ... i mean i`ve never failed to get content in this game ... it seams to me like you`re complaining that there are not enough people in the red and black zones ? first of all, to me, the red zones were not worth the risk, now they are worth for bandits.
      I think the game in itz current state is in a good place with something for every1. I know people that spend all day farming yellow zone solos ... what is wrong with that they`re goal is to get max speck in a wepon/armour type so they can take advantage of using lower tier gear with higher ip in the full loot pvp zones ... and I see no problem with they`re logic.
      i`ll give u a example with my char atm i have a mix and match of gear witch is worth roughly 400k (estimated market value from inventory) base average item power is 200ip lower than average item power som1 with less than 50m fame to me is som1 new and i wouldn`t blame them for staying in safe zones or joining a guild with regears to zvz ...
      I think, and correct me if i`m wrong, you are griefing about those 8.3 geared bastards that gank in small groups in the yellow zones.- I don`t consider this a problem because if they die the repair bill isn`t cheap.
      SPI could put a IP cap on these zones , but i don`t think that would work because of other reasons ...
      You are happy and content because its easy money for people like you, a new player and casual, the real players of Albion the original players like me and others on this forum understand what the true essence of this game was meant to be, back when we bought our starter packs to fund this game we wanted to play and before all of you mobile and free to play people. I pray SBI nerfs Yellow Zones so people like you cant abuse the game anymore.

      Febers wrote:

      albion gives content to you
      albion gives content to players who play in yellow zones
      And now you tell them: "go play runescape instead, leave my full loot albion! Im dont enjoy the way you playing, so go away or change it for my wishes"
      What a lol.
      Well there was a lot games witch developers thougth they can force players to do smth. Now they dying.
      If you want to spend all day gathering in Yellow Zones and never having any intention of setting foot in red or black zones then YES, go play runescape and cut trees and mine to your hearts content. No one can attack you inthat game and thats right up your alley it seems like. There is a reason Albion Online was able to compete with Runescape when it released, thats because it offered players a better PVP experience. You werent here from ground zero you are just some new player trying to get rich and get easy money, you are abusing yellow zones and there should be a penalty for death just to stop players like you and others who do this.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • I don’t think this will go the way you want it to Caideroth. Because, if this does happen those 8.3 people in the yellow zones will move to the blue zones and farm safely again. I also don’t how your saying that they make more money than people doing contents in RZ or BZ because I don’t think they are. We can see that you have played since the beginning of albion then you would know that this is not true. Some LUCKY drops will happen but not often. i also don’t get why you seemed so mad at these people, I don’t think they will bother any of us if they stick to their YZ and soon enuf they will get bored and try other content by themselves, there is no need to force them to change their content or ask them to play another game. These people who you say abuse the game are probably collecting money to fund their gears in a BZ/RZ Session. You cant just straight up say that they ONLY play in YZ…. Why would they keep all that silver for? You don’t think they get bbored? I rarely met people with 8.3 gears only having fame from mobs they usually have a couple mill fame from killing players too so I don’t think they stay in YZ but hey… these are the people I met… maybe the ones you meet only have PVE fame that’s why your this mad. I have more problems with CD rats since they not only are afraid of player interactions they’re ruining the whole point of 1v1 pvps in CD. Maybe those people should be send to Runescape and other RPGs :D
      There is no Failure, there is only delayed success. Natan-2021
    • Hey, have you ever wondered what the people who play albion online want in themselves? You say that you are an old player of those who paid at the beginning and saw how the whole game changed as time passed. I understand your point that you already had your time to start in the game and give yourself the years to gain experience in the game and do what it really offered. But think about that there are new players who are entering that want to explore most of the content that albion has, be it pve, pvp, gathering, management, trade among many other things. and you only give him the possibility of generating minimal income, only in blue zones.

      That is what will make more people prefer to stay in those areas because they know that it costs them time in their day, that some only come to relax or have fun playing in their own way, competing or practicing to go out to those high danger areas or however you want that the yellow zones are of "little danger". Have you ever thought about where the economy and armor you use in the game come from?

      It is from players who spend hours farming, refining, crafting and making their economy in these areas, both doing transport in the yellow zone and the red zone to take all those objects to the black market, since that is where the profits that are distributed are distributed. You get in the chests, and thus generate your economy to be able to go further into the high danger areas. if it weren't for that albion would have a thousand times fewer people in the game, it would have very few loots in the dg. because you have to understand the others who live on other content than pvp as you may like, you already have enough experience in the game. for that albion have enough pvp content for this not just the red or black area. because nobody wants to go to those areas and have 5,10,20 people against one person, taking away what it took them a long time in the game to get while doing other types of activities, because it is easy to say example: look, I have 200 million silver and I got it all by taking advantage of the chickens that only run away because they are at a disadvantage.

      friend, you can't force people not to try a game in which sandbox is allowing people to live and experience that kind of content. because then your problem would be with the developers since they allow that kind of thing. because tell me you would like to enter a game that only at the beginning is already killing you over and over again a player with a higher level than you and you always have to run because you do not have a "quiet" place where you can get decent equipment to enter The struggle?. I'm sure not.

      because for that many games have different modalities for all kinds of people. and if it is not so then I can invite you to go to another game just as you invite one to go to others because you do not like people to be quiet in the yellow zone. Since you have no one to ambush in red or black areas and you get bored of that, friend, leave things as they are, for this the game has those knockdown mechanics in those areas.

      don't just think about yourself think about why the game is going that way and because it has those mechanics, that's why sandbox has changed many things that benefited numerous gankers more than solo players or players with little experience in the game, and even so the game has a lot of pvp content than pve.
    • Natnat1212 wrote:

      I don’t think this will go the way you want it to Caideroth. Because, if this does happen those 8.3 people in the yellow zones will move to the blue zones and farm safely again. I also don’t how your saying that they make more money than people doing contents in RZ or BZ because I don’t think they are. We can see that you have played since the beginning of albion then you would know that this is not true. Some LUCKY drops will happen but not often. i also don’t get why you seemed so mad at these people, I don’t think they will bother any of us if they stick to their YZ and soon enuf they will get bored and try other content by themselves, there is no need to force them to change their content or ask them to play another game. These people who you say abuse the game are probably collecting money to fund their gears in a BZ/RZ Session. You cant just straight up say that they ONLY play in YZ…. Why would they keep all that silver for? You don’t think they get bbored? I rarely met people with 8.3 gears only having fame from mobs they usually have a couple mill fame from killing players too so I don’t think they stay in YZ but hey… these are the people I met… maybe the ones you meet only have PVE fame that’s why your this mad. I have more problems with CD rats since they not only are afraid of player interactions they’re ruining the whole point of 1v1 pvps in CD. Maybe those people should be send to Runescape and other RPGs :D
      Thats exactly what I would want, if players had to move to t4 zones just to feel safe the most money they would get would be from t4 and lower materials. Yellow Zones are right in that sweet spot where you can farm there and make crazy good silver/time ratio and with the added benefit of dropping no items upon death. Thats the issue, thats the point, there is absolutely NO drawback to farming all day long in Yellow Zone and getting huge amounts of silver with absolutely 0 risk involved. Why risk red or blackzones when you can make more money per hour with more safety in a yellow zone?

      destrux1847 wrote:

      Hey, have you ever wondered what the people who play albion online want in themselves? You say that you are an old player of those who paid at the beginning and saw how the whole game changed as time passed. I understand your point that you already had your time to start in the game and give yourself the years to gain experience in the game and do what it really offered. But think about that there are new players who are entering that want to explore most of the content that albion has, be it pve, pvp, gathering, management, trade among many other things. and you only give him the possibility of generating minimal income, only in blue zones.

      That is what will make more people prefer to stay in those areas because they know that it costs them time in their day, that some only come to relax or have fun playing in their own way, competing or practicing to go out to those high danger areas or however you want that the yellow zones are of "little danger". Have you ever thought about where the economy and armor you use in the game come from?

      It is from players who spend hours farming, refining, crafting and making their economy in these areas, both doing transport in the yellow zone and the red zone to take all those objects to the black market, since that is where the profits that are distributed are distributed. You get in the chests, and thus generate your economy to be able to go further into the high danger areas. if it weren't for that albion would have a thousand times fewer people in the game, it would have very few loots in the dg. because you have to understand the others who live on other content than pvp as you may like, you already have enough experience in the game. for that albion have enough pvp content for this not just the red or black area. because nobody wants to go to those areas and have 5,10,20 people against one person, taking away what it took them a long time in the game to get while doing other types of activities, because it is easy to say example: look, I have 200 million silver and I got it all by taking advantage of the chickens that only run away because they are at a disadvantage.

      friend, you can't force people not to try a game in which sandbox is allowing people to live and experience that kind of content. because then your problem would be with the developers since they allow that kind of thing. because tell me you would like to enter a game that only at the beginning is already killing you over and over again a player with a higher level than you and you always have to run because you do not have a "quiet" place where you can get decent equipment to enter The struggle?. I'm sure not.

      because for that many games have different modalities for all kinds of people. and if it is not so then I can invite you to go to another game just as you invite one to go to others because you do not like people to be quiet in the yellow zone. Since you have no one to ambush in red or black areas and you get bored of that, friend, leave things as they are, for this the game has those knockdown mechanics in those areas.

      don't just think about yourself think about why the game is going that way and because it has those mechanics, that's why sandbox has changed many things that benefited numerous gankers more than solo players or players with little experience in the game, and even so the game has a lot of pvp content than pve.
      - You contradicted yourself, people dont want to "want to explore most of the content that albion has", they would rather spend their time in Yellow Zones making easy money with absolutely no worries.

      - I make my own armor, food and potions on my own island, tax free.

      - Im not forcing people to do anything, im asking for a penalty for dying in Yellow Zones so people cant free farm all the live long day with no worries.

      - Yes the game is a sandbox, not a yellow zone box.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • Caideroth wrote:

      Thats exactly what I would want, if players had to move to t4 zones just to feel safe the most money they would get would be from t4 and lower materials. Yellow Zones are right in that sweet spot where you can farm there and make crazy good silver/time ratio and with the added benefit of dropping no items upon death.
      Ah I see now. That will severely reduce the amount of silver they make and encourage them to travel to the BZ/RZ for more Silver per hour. I have a question tho Caideroth and this is for like a discussion thing and not for like defending those YZ people or anything like that. Which one do you think will be better, To nerf the yellow zones or buff The Black zones? don’t you think that especially now that there are a lot of new players due to mobile its better to buff the black zones maybe for more fame and loot? Or is still better to just make the blue the safest zone and nerf yellow zones so that there are still some risk to it :/ .
      There is no Failure, there is only delayed success. Natan-2021
    • Natnat1212 wrote:

      Caideroth wrote:

      Thats exactly what I would want, if players had to move to t4 zones just to feel safe the most money they would get would be from t4 and lower materials. Yellow Zones are right in that sweet spot where you can farm there and make crazy good silver/time ratio and with the added benefit of dropping no items upon death.
      Ah I see now. That will severely reduce the amount of silver they make and encourage them to travel to the BZ/RZ for more Silver per hour. I have a question tho Caideroth and this is for like a discussion thing and not for like defending those YZ people or anything like that. Which one do you think will be better, To nerf the yellow zones or buff The Black zones? don’t you think that especially now that there are a lot of new players due to mobile its better to buff the black zones maybe for more fame and loot? Or is still better to just make the blue the safest zone and nerf yellow zones so that there are still some risk to it :/ .
      When season 13 starts for the guild thing or whatever its called SBI has already said they are making changes to open world, some of which have already been revealed, new mobs on BZ and changes to mobs on current maps. Still if I had my way, I would want them to increase the penalty for dying in Yellow Zones, it wouldnt even be a nerf it would be bringing them inline with the rest of the game, if players want safety they can cower in the blue zones I say.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • Caideroth, I hate to break it to you. But SBI has 271k unique logins a day currently. They have to cater to the huge new influx of players. Not sure how long you've played this game, but there used to be safe zone penalties. A portion of your resources would be deducted from your inventory when dying in any zone from pve content. Yellow zone knockdowns also used to have penalties, but because majority of players had issues with this, it was removed. So I don't see how this post will gain any traction since they have already moved away from that system.
    • MrTots wrote:

      Caideroth, I hate to break it to you. But SBI has 271k unique logins a day currently. They have to cater to the huge new influx of players. Not sure how long you've played this game, but there used to be safe zone penalties. A portion of your resources would be deducted from your inventory when dying in any zone from pve content. Yellow zone knockdowns also used to have penalties, but because majority of players had issues with this, it was removed. So I don't see how this post will gain any traction since they have already moved away from that system.
      Because of season 13 mob and resource changes and the influx of new players, now would be the PERFECT time to change the zones to deflate the over saturation of players who only gather next to their royal city in YZ.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?