Caerleon Faction needs to be addressed

• Caerleon Faction needs to be addressed

Let me start by saying that I like the idea behind the faction, bandits and outlaws out for their own, but the QoL (quality of life) things that other factions have like a chat communication & revives at outposts would definitely go a long way towards bring Caerleon up to par.

It kinda sucks that the capital cities get more “solo” like gameplay when Caerleon is suppose to be the small/solo faction in essence, and what I mean by that is even without grouping up you can capture outposts, run with the Zerg and rake up points by just trotting along with your royal capital entourage. Caerleon on the other hand has next to nothing going for it unless you either want to “RP” the bad guy or hoping you get lucky enough to form a party strangers who dont immediately attack on sight.

My solution would be to: give Caerleon it’s own faction chat (the free for all concept is still cool), give Caerleon faction leader items that allow players to take outposts with smaller/solo means instead of holding it to the same standard as capital city zergs, give Caerleon players the ability to flag up anywhere (the restriction of having to go to Caerleon to “ask for permission” to be bad is justices no sense for the faction.

Where devs kinda dropped the ball was trying to paint Caerleon as this rogue nation but then treating it like a royal capital with NONE of the essentials players would need to enjoy faction warfare.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • Another thought I had about this was that since Caerleon is a rogue nation of sorts we should be able to faction flag anytime and anywhere, the royal cities all have huge territories and zerg potential and when they die they are sent to the nearest outpost and I believe if I remember right, their flag isnt even removed, Caerleon on the other hand, if you are in say "Eldon Hill- tier 5 YZ outside of Martlock" if you were to die, you would lose your faction flagged status and would have to ride ALL the way back to Caerleon to flag again.

This isnt cool, its like Caerleon faction was done 50% compared to the other factions.
    • Caideroth wrote:

It kinda sucks that the capital cities get more “solo” like gameplay when Caerleon is suppose to be the small/solo faction in essence, and what I mean by that is even without grouping up you can capture outposts, run with the Zerg and rake up points by just trotting along with your royal capital entourage.

Uhm . . . What you said need to be "addressed" about Caerleon faction is the whole point of it. That's why people join Caerleon. To attack whatever on sight. People join Caerleon because they don't want to follow the Zerg.

Caerleon isn't supposed to be small/solo. Caerleon faction play style is to third party other faction's fights, and you can indeed do that solo or with a very small group.

However, a faction channel would be welcomed. A nice place for the bandits to talk shit to each other. LoL :D .
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Caideroth wrote:

It kinda sucks that the capital cities get more “solo” like gameplay when Caerleon is suppose to be the small/solo faction in essence, and what I mean by that is even without grouping up you can capture outposts, run with the Zerg and rake up points by just trotting along with your royal capital entourage.
      Uhm . . . What you said need to be "addressed" about Caerleon faction is the whole point of it. That's why people join Caerleon. To attack whatever on sight. People join Caerleon because they don't want to follow the Zerg.

Caerleon isn't supposed to be small/solo. Caerleon faction play style is to third party other faction's fights, and you can indeed do that solo or with a very small group.

However, a faction channel would be welcomed. A nice place for the bandits to talk shit to each other. LoL :D .
      yeah why dont you try being Caerleon flagged and walking into a map during bandit raid event, your asking to get your loot taken. Theres no such thing as the "third party" because both sides will just turn on you by your lonesome or you and your 4-5 other teammates. 200+ people in a mass vs 1-10 people...........yeah that seems right.
    • competent 20 man carleon parties are the bane of mindless zergs. If you joined carleon and found it overwhelming, then it probably isn't for you. Carleon is basically hard mode for faction warfare: you never get the comfort of being in a giant zerg, and danger lurks at every corner. But for those hardcore players who go around ganking and bombing all day in 20 man parties, this is exactly what they are looking for. There are also times when two carleon parties run into each other, and they have a long, drawn out and evenly matched fight.

In my opinion, all of this makes carleon unique as a faction and a very good addition to the game. I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is, but it definetly isn't to make carleon the same as or more similar to the other factions.
    • Caideroth wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Caideroth wrote:

yeah why dont you try being Caerleon flagged and walking into a map during bandit raid event, your asking to get your loot taken. Theres no such thing as the "third party" because both sides will just turn on you by your lonesome or you and your 4-5 other teammates. 200+ people in a mass vs 1-10 people...........yeah that seems right.
      Walking straight into 200 men zerg by yourself isn't 3rd party. You play Caerleon frontal assault style like royal faction, ofc you gonna get rekt, LoL.

I dived 30-40 men faction blobs with 2 people just fine. They don't turn on you because you pick up the stray while their front has already been engaging.

Caerleon faction is unique and a good addition to the game. You don't like that style, then there're already something match your description: other normal royal faction.

You joined a unique faction, then asked to remove that uniqueness and bring it closer to normal ones. Then what's the point of it in the first place ?
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Lavender1 wrote:

competent 20 man carleon parties are the bane of mindless zergs. If you joined carleon and found it overwhelming, then it probably isn't for you. Carleon is basically hard mode for faction warfare: you never get the comfort of being in a giant zerg, and danger lurks at every corner. But for those hardcore players who go around ganking and bombing all day in 20 man parties, this is exactly what they are looking for. There are also times when two carleon parties run into each other, and they have a long, drawn out and evenly matched fight.

In my opinion, all of this makes carleon unique as a faction and a very good addition to the game. I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is, but it definetly isn't to make carleon the same as or more similar to the other factions.
      Its not overwhelming at all, its underwhelming. There is nothing to really do besides hope some people start raiding outposts and if by some luck they are you then have to hope that they will let you attack the boss or get credit which lets get real.....they wont. Anytime you see a red name pop up your instinct is to run away or fight and these are Caerleon dudes who are also flagged so the option is 99% of the time gonna be to attack you on sight. Thats why I said we should atleast have a faction chat so we can talk to each other and discuss truces/alliances/raids/etc. How is it fair royal city factions can communicate across the entire game world but Caerleon faction cant?

SpicyPepper wrote:

Caideroth wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Caideroth wrote:

Uhm . . . What you said need to be "addressed" about Caerleon faction is the whole point of it. That's why people join Caerleon. To attack whatever on sight. People join Caerleon because they don't want to follow the Zerg.Caerleon isn't supposed to be small/solo. Caerleon faction play style is to third party other faction's fights, and you can indeed do that solo or with a very small group.

Walking straight into 200 men zerg by yourself isn't 3rd party. You play Caerleon frontal assault style like royal faction, ofc you gonna get rekt, LoL.
      I dived 30-40 men faction blobs with 2 people just fine. They don't turn on you because you pick up the stray while their front has already been engaging.

Caerleon faction is unique and a good addition to the game. You don't like that style, then there're already something match your description: other normal royal faction.

You joined a unique faction, then asked to remove that uniqueness and bring it closer to normal ones. Then what's the point of it in the first place ?
      My point is that Caerleon lacks QoL things that the other factions have, I LIKE the open pvp everyman for himself of Caerleon, my issue is not being able to actually do any outpost content I suppose. Everytime I try to I get attacked on sight by other Caerleon flags or the other % of the time no one is even doing outposts for Caerleon and all out zones have been taken by fort sterling/martlock/thetford/etc.

Thats why I keep saying if Caerleon had a faction chat players could actually communicate to form alliances that may end in betrayal/truces/etc. Right now Caerleon players only do 1 of 2 things when they see another Caerleon flagged player; Attack or run.