CTA update crashing market

• Economy
    • CTA update crashing market

Is it just me anyone else feel like the market has crashed and still crashing since they introduced knockdown only while flagged on Blue and Yellow zones? Most low tier items are overstocked, some players can keep their low tier gears during outpost wars on the said zones resulting to a gradual overstock of low tier resources and crafted gears. I hope they'll revert back to when you actually die when flagged on these zones. Right now gatherers are all over Yellow zones farming resources and faction points safely. Selling low tier items feels less rewarding now and usually gets overcut every minute resulting to a crash. Anyone can argue that HCE 8.3 gears work the same, but HCE gears are damn expensive and hard to come by and cost a lot to repair, that being in a bad team can result in a lost rather than silver gains. Low tier gears (T4-T6) are cheap as well as their repair cost. I hope they revert back pre CTA how flagging works so the economy can be healthy again.
    • They should also keep in mind that not everyone is willing to purchase gold most of them just buys gold for their first premium, I do hope they are aware the update hurts the economy, gatherers as well as crafters are also part of the game. Some might quit due to frustration of the tedious grind for very low profit and find another game that is less tedious. Yes some will resort to purchasing but after a while they'll also quit since they feel like they don't have an option and think of the game as p2w. Everyone is a crucial part of the game and the economy and I hope they'll realize how grindy it has become since CTA update was introduced. It's fine if they want new players to feel this grindyness for their first premium but if they want to keep a high player base then they should do something with this aspect of the game so new players won't get tired and resort to purchasing or might as well just quit leaving the game a bad outlook that could've been a good one by word of mouth to possible recruits in the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FlipItOut ().

• on average slayer corrupted dungeon produce 1 mil - 2 mil loot per hour assuming you did 6 dungeons on average and no invades/being invaded and have roughly 500k infamy

with a T5 full map of resource untouched in the blackzone you would net on average 800-1.5 mil assuming you are wearing full t8 gathering gear and tools on a boar to carry those said loots

Roads of avalon after much testing is very hit or miss. some days you get insanely good roads while others you get t4 roads after t4 roads which give you green chests after green chests. i have gotten as high as 10 mil (several t8 ava artifacts in same chest) and as low as 0 silver estimated market value
      (how 0 market value you might ask? 0 runes/soul/relic and only 4 silver bags)

for crafting on the other hand is very much research dependent some would net your over 2 mil profit for 20k focus while others would barely break even/loss but with a chance of that 8.3 master piece
      this is also assuming you have 100 spec in crafting said item and in the correct city

as for hellgates and roads/figthing and ganking where you net literal millions per hour? that is assuming you win that is.
      we have days on the roads where we wipe several teams and get 30-50 mil split among 7 while some times we get wiped 2-3 times and lose 3-5 mil in gear each

then of course there is that time where it was a 15v15 in roads with my battle mount and in full 8.3. that day i lost 20 mil in gear + Beatle. good times
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

on average slayer corrupted dungeon produce 1 mil - 2 mil loot per hour assuming you did 6 dungeons on average and no invades/being invaded and have roughly 500k infamy

with a T5 full map of resource untouched in the blackzone [assumption] you would net on average 800-1.5 mil assuming you are wearing full t8 gathering gear and tools on a boar to carry those said loots
      That's a lot of assumptions and hypothetical situations.
    • JeffusMaximus wrote:

You are not forced to craft to make profit just going in ava roads / black zone can net you litteral millions an hour without any problem
      This isn't about other options to gain silvers but the market status of the low tier resources at the moment. I am fully aware of other means to gain silver, this post is about the economy of the low tier resources at its current state and how it's crashing and will still further crash leaving players who aren't pvp oriented with no other options but to do some of the activities you mentioned.
    • FlipItOut wrote:

This isn't about other options to gain silvers but the market status of the low tier resources at the moment. I am fully aware of other means to gain silver, this post is about the economy of the low tier resources at its current state and how it's crashing and will still further crash leaving players who aren't pvp oriented with no other options but to do some of the activities you mentioned.
      Low tier items have a much higher sink rate in black market compare to higher one. If the situation deems fit, this sink rate can be raised.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

• SpicyPepper wrote:

FlipItOut wrote:

Low tier items have a much higher sink rate in black market compare to higher one. If the situation deems fit, this sink rate can be raised.
      Thing is, newbies have no idea about black market, and most of them are scared to go to the full loot zones and if they even manage to make it into Carleon most of them don't even get the idea how the the BM works. No explanation what so ever in the game. So at the moment gatherers and crafters are growing while black market flippers aren't. Furthermore, only a couple of items are profitable in the black market, most newbies are overwhelmed with content and won't even bother doing something as confusing and risky as flipping resulting to a surge of gatherers and crafters since that's the content introduced in the tutorial quest. If somehow they do revert back how flagging works and tweak outpost war mechanics and rewards it'll provide balance to the market again whether low or high tier items are.
    • ACTUAL High end Black market flipping can be profitable but it requires you to have a decent starting capital of around 10 mil

So no beginner can do this. and i highly do not recommend this way to make silver unless you are in the end game where if you fk up at least you have some back up to still keep you going

the risk vs reward involved disparity is so huge that even i would feel the bite on my bank account if i were to die to reds.

Also the reason why there is no such guides about black market is not because of the so called shady and mystifying aspect of it but because those who actually understand the black market works and what is profitable on that day do not go around telling everyone their secrets about it. including me.
      yes you heard me right "what is profitable on that day" the profitability of the black market can change in the span of hours and the items you want to sell can go unsold for weeks if unlucky

but there are some things i can tell you.
      time it takes to run 6-7 zones to reach carleon takes 15-20 minutes
      if your profit from flipping does not reach 500k you can forget it because slayer level CD gives 1 mil every other of work
      to profit 1 million you have to spend 2-3 million at the very minimum for most items for a profit margin of 50% to 30%
      you have to be able to swallow the fact some items you buy may not be sold instantly because someone just put 100 units after you put the sell order

so you can imagine trying to transport 3 million through the red zone can be pretty scary.
      people might say its pretty safe as you can see the number of red on the map conner but as someone who does this often to get the most out of my dungeon sessions. you are always on edge and have to be alert and when you get chased one mistake may cost you millions in losses
      because most of the time your transport mount is slower then the ganker's swiftclaw

then you would say why not flip from regular market to black market in caerleon it self it is safer and no need to travel?
      my answer is do you think everyone else does not think the same?
      sometimes you get lucky with an item but most of the time low hanging fruits for easy profit have already been taken
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• FlipItOut wrote:

Thing is, newbies have no idea about black market, and most of them are scared to go to the full loot zones and if they even manage to make it into Caerleon most of them don't even get the idea how the the BM works.
      It does NOT matter whether newbies know their way around black market. They don't even need to know that BM exist. The result is still the same.

An increase in supply of low tier items in the outer cities increase the profit margin for transporting. It bring about more arbitrageurs to do the job, bringing the price close together again.

Black market consume more gears also mean an increase in silver generation from this source, which also isn't a problem. Because of the new non lethal faction flags in yellow, people now bring high tier to those fight, get knocked down and repair those gears. Therefore, an increase in both silver generation and sink balance each other out.

The result is that they only need to tweak the sink rate in BM when the situation deems fit.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • @Sadaleus 0 assumptions and hypothetical situations.

A man can earn from 3-5mil per hour in the blackzone, this is a fact from personal experience. An organized group of 4-6man roaming gankers can net about 10-15 mil per player for a 4-hour session of ganking (this includes good map knowledge, and proper ganking comp / setup spread around the blackzone maps)

Gatherers can make about 2-3mil per hour gathering in the BZ
    • @joei your numbers are abit off
      those numbers you post are assuming the best of the best situations where you win every fight and get large enchanted nodes of resources
      believable but not achievable consistently

there would be some days where you lose hard or the whole zone is all emptied by other gatherors

• The_Support_God wrote:

@joei your numbers are abit off
      those numbers you post are assuming the best of the best situations where you win every fight and get large enchanted nodes of resources
      believable but not achievable consistently

there would be some days where you lose hard or the whole zone is all emptied by other gatherors
      I doubt, you and me live in very different zones under very different black zone experience conditions. Smart gankers only gank transports so that you win practically "EVERY" fight. If you gather T6-T7 consistently and roam about the zones with all types of gathering tools you will make the numbers I have stated without issue. If you get ganked by a roaming group and you don't sport a fast mount then that's practically on you.