Arcane could do with more scaling

• Arcane could do with more scaling

A good few of the E abilities have zero scaling.

The majority of the W abilities have zero scaling.

I feel like, for some builds I can just be taking a basic 4.0 staff with me, as it makes no difference when I'm empowering, cleansing, etc

Even with the E's that deal damage, the effect of the ability is usually primary, like Dark Sphere.& Arcane Orb, as opposed to the zero scaling abilities of Time Corridor and Time Freeze.

Sometimes Arcane Tier only seems to really matter for the Q, and the only reason to bring a better staff in groups is if you're running Frazzle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fikule ().

• Agreed, every piece of every item in the game should scale with IP. Otherwise what is the damn point of having tiers, IP, or investing time fame farming? If my Royal Cloth Boots give me 20% dmg at T4.0, why would I spend the time and money on getting T8.3? It negates the sense of progression.
    • Just as a few examples of possible changes

Energy Beam:
      Give it a scaling drain on enemies that maxes out based on IP. The higher IP, the stronger the maxed out drain becomes.

Empowering Beam:
      Keep the values the same, but increase the beam's linger duration. i.e. when it finishes casting the effect lingers longer based on IP.

Motivating Cleanse:
      Increase the speed buff, or the duration of the speed buff, or the area of effect based on IP

Dark Sphere:
      Increase the radius based on IP or duration

The Void:
      Increase resistances based on IP

Time Corridor:
      This is a difficult one. Maybe reduce the enemy's movement speed based on IP

Time Freeze:
      This one I can't think of anything. It's very specifically a static ability in all stats. Maybe IP could have a greater effect on cooldown?
    • Abaddon_Rull wrote:

Agreed, every piece of every item in the game should scale with IP. Otherwise what is the damn point of having tiers, IP, or investing time fame farming? If my Royal Cloth Boots give me 20% dmg at T4.0, why would I spend the time and money on getting T8.3? It negates the sense of progression.
      At least shoes spell cost 0 mana and no spell on the shoes slot scale. The most hilarious thing is the assassin jacket. The only thing that scale with IP in Ambush is the mana cost which make it cost more mana the higher IP the jacket has.

Edit: in case it's not clear. I'm agreeing with you.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • All tank and melee weapons (besides daggers) give bonus max health, while arcane, the support/tank class, has no health scaling at all.
      This would also be a great diversity option, as currently there are no ranged weapons with bonus max health
      Would be a great start and quick fix for most of the arcane staffs (tho at least every arcane E should still have some scaling)

p.s. a couple of mimic's stolen spells need to be changed (axe, xbow, holy)
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

All tank and melee weapons (besides daggers) give bonus max health, while arcane, the support/tank class, has no health scaling at all.
      This would also be a great diversity option, as currently there are no ranged weapons with bonus max health
      Would be a great start and quick fix for most of the arcane staffs (tho at least every arcane E should still have some scaling)

p.s. a couple of mimic's stolen spells need to be changed (axe, xbow, holy)
      Yeah Add hitpoints to arcane weapons.
      (BTW Blodletter have HP for some reason)
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• what you want scaling like everything in this game is IP CAPPED or DMG CAPPED. the old item base scaled with spec and Ip were the best now everything in retarded and unbalanced.
      (newbie noob guy:) let's spec UP do make my weapon better! (GAME:) haha u retarded fool, there is IP CAP your spec doesn't matter HAHAHA ALBION 2k21
    • deenne wrote:

what you want scaling like everything in this game is IP CAPPED or DMG CAPPED. the old item base scaled with spec and Ip were the best now everything in retarded and unbalanced.
      (newbie noob guy:) let's spec UP do make my weapon better! (GAME:) haha u retarded fool, there is IP CAP your spec doesn't matter HAHAHA ALBION 2k21
      It has gone a bit overboard, I can see the difficulty in balancing this out though, and IP cap is the least bad solution in most cases. For instance, in entry-level HGs you wouldn't wanna get stomped out by people with 300+ IP over you as you try to learn, but I think anything that is IP-capped(especially to a low IP like 800/900) shouldn't be very efficient in terms of progression and rewards, it should be for learning and should just give you a reward that is reasonable for the time you put in(while considering the experience gained as a reward in itself).

Basically, 2 things SBI should do IMO.

1. Bring Giant Steps back to Greathammer(or turn Forgehammers into the 2h ForgeHAMMER)
      2. Quit using so many % based effects on items that make IP worthless, and quit over-capping IP on activities that give substantial rewards(in terms of fame or silver). The progress you have made to increase your IP through mastery and item tier/enchantment/quality should matter, and it should matter in more areas of the game.