Is there anything can currently win hallowfall in CD ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there anything can currently win hallowfall in CD ?

Just curious. I play mace (with taproot, not CDR) and with omelette I have just barely enough speed to skip them whenever I meet one.

Is there currently any build that has a consistent high win rate against them? Can double merc cursed skull win the direct brawl against hallow fall? (if the hallowfall doesn't run)

I'm curious because they're quite fast with royal jacket and stacked CD. So unless you run mace / bloodletter that can skip, does anything else just roll up and die when they match agaist hallowfall ?
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Illidan wrote:

For PvP with any mace build you need to run mana trait with t7 roasts. Omelette is where you went wrong.
      You are very welcome.
      LoL read again. No one asked "how to play mace".

And you definitely need more experience if you use mana trait + roast with mace.

You don't use 1 food for every scenario. Against different enemy you use different food, especially in CD.

For taproot mace specifically, the minimum you have to bring are
      • 4 foods, including: sandwich, omelette, eel stew, frostpeak dead eyes (unless you run plate then the deadeye isn't needed)
      • 3-4 potions, including: healing, poison, res pot, and also gig pot if you use plate.
      Also, in no scenario does mace use roast. Roasted snapper is occasionally OK in the open world, but not roast. Never roast, no build use roast. If you want life steal, always go for roasted snapper (for everything, not just mace)

Roast is especially bad in CD for mace because it's always 1v1. flat 7 roast AT MOST boost your HP pool by 9.45% of your enemy's total HP pool, while sandwich give you 13.5% increase in your own HP pool. Mace's HP is always higher than that of his enemy.

As for the passive, Stunning Strike is a must if you use plate. Life leech / dreadladen are acceptable only if you use robe.

The only single situation where you run the mana trait is when you run full 8.3 mace with plate and aegis or muisak for offhand, because you can't up your helmet when you run 8.3 while the offhand drain your mana. Maces aren't mana hungry like hammers and staves. Even when you keep spamming every single of your skills on mace like a retard, the MP will still last very long.
    • Quagga wrote:

said mace,tombhammer,QS user :D idk how dare you complaining on healers.
      Wrong. Tombhammer is extremely bad now after the nerfed on E's range. QS is also bad with nerf on cartwheel.

All cheesy CC build can't win any sustain build. And among the 3 you mentioned, only mace is faster than hallowfall and can skip, and you have to skip because you can't win.

1 shot grailseeker have a small chance at that first engage, but if you can't finish hallowfall, you die too.

So the result when those 3 fights hallowfall are: mace skips, Tombhammer & QS just roll their belly up and die. That's when both players have the same experience.

Aso, Don't you know how to read ?? Who complaining ?? Find 1 line in this thread where I complained about the hallow fall?[/b] Maybe not everyone is like you come to the forum rant about whatever they died to.

When you want to beat sth. You first pick up that weapon and play until you got killed. That's the first step, which I did in stalker because i have 0 spec on holy so I can't run it on Slayers.

But I don't get killed in stalker at all with Hallowfall, not because of the staff but because it's stalker. Next step is asking other Hallowfall players what they die to. That's what i'm doing here.

Go to the rant/banter forums if you can't provide anything constructive.

P/S: I've just noticed something even funnier that you mocked me for playing the entire destiny board for my class. RoFL. There're only 3 tank weapons in this game: mace, hammer, and staff. I'll consider bring Groove Keeper or Camlann Mace to CD when people start bringing siege crossbow or Halberd there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

• A) I need more experience? I’m one of the few remaining Alpha players who helped refine this title from day one.

B) You just insulted the only two people who have responded to your thread, please understand why your post is going no where. You ask a question, and flame the answers because it’s not exactly to your mold.

Obviously the people who have answered do not have the same struggles you do, and options have been given. If you can’t pull off the win, then that’s no longer anyone else’s problem.
      http://i68.tinypic.com/2guwopw.png
    • Illidan wrote:

A) I need more experience? I’m one of the few remaining Alpha players who helped refine this title from day one.

B) You just insulted the only two people who have responded to your thread, please understand why your post is going no where. You ask a question, and flame the answers because it’s not exactly to your mold.

Obviously the people who have answered do not have the same struggles you do, and options have been given. If you can’t pull off the win, then that’s no longer anyone else’s problem.
      I've never insulted you, and you left the game on launch and came back this april. I played during alpha too so i know it's no longer the same game then. Therefore, you've played like 2 months.

My reply to u was pure advice because I saw you're struggling with it. If you are offended by it, I am sorry, even though it was never my intention.

As for Quagga, we had altercations in many different thread around the forums, I didn't start the insulting between us, he did.

Illidan wrote:

You ask a question, and flame the answers because it’s not exactly to your mold.
      For the record, both of you didn't answer the question. I asked "how to kill / what can kill Hallowfall in CD".

Your reply was you teaching me how to play mace, which is irrelevant.

Quagga's reply was just his mocking for me for playing the entire destiny board for my class.

There was no answer, so I couldn't flame anything even if i want too.

Anything below the original post should be moved to the banter forums. Nothing has been constructive to the original thread, my post included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

• ZzzDevilVNzzZ wrote:

have u tried froststaff? It will not brust the hallow fall but both of u will run around 1h in the cd until 1 of u made some mistake or runout of food and potion.
      I indeed haven't. I might have to grind up either holy or frost and test them out in Slayers to find out.