Nerf pike - HG point of view

• Hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nerf pike - HG point of view

Could you please take a look on pike? It's 90% of healer/dps comp now. It has slow, root, and even reflect in 1 weapon. Besides with 3 stacks auto attack can hit over 400 (with pot and cultist sandals) - impossible to outheal that... So boring meta. Moreover with next uptade you are going to kill any tank/dps comp with knight armor rework on 2v2. Please stop making changes by view of CRD (why dont you just change map to make wider tunnels that you can avoid wind wall? ?( ). Matchmaking on high infame is still bad, every 2 gate i meet same team if they play (if they comp countering me its pointless to play hg). Why you keep 1100 IP cap? Make some hardcore hg with 1300/1400 IP (50% cap).
    • Meru469 wrote:

Moreover with next update you are going to kill any tank/dps comp with knight armor rework on 2v2.
      Disagree. I run CC with a dps.
      1. Unlike CD, the most common used case for Wind wall in HG isn't to run, but to push healer away from dps, which doesn't change that much with the new WW. In some situation, it's even a buff with a longer duration.
      2. You still run with it almost the same because it still knock people away. When you reset, the knock is what matter the most, as good healer/dps comb always walk through the wall anw. (with purity cowl on the holy and blessing on the dps)
      3. You now have an extra defensive spell on the CC, to block various spell (E.g: Harpoon, stun run, demon helmet, dagger's edge, black hands. . which are all very common)
      New wind wall will definitely change game play, but not gonna kill it.

There might be 1 CC dps comb that new windwall might kill is the sleepy hammer. Sleepy hammer isn't every good at running by itself, while doesn't need wind wall to combo. They don't use Windwall like other CC+dps use, so it might affect them.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Meru469 wrote:

Could you please take a look on pike? It's 90% of healer/dps comp now. It has slow, root, and even reflect in 1 weapon. Besides with 3 stacks auto attack can hit over 400 (with pot and cultist sandals) - impossible to outheal that... So boring meta. Moreover with next uptade you are going to kill any tank/dps comp with knight armor rework on 2v2. Please stop making changes by view of CRD (why dont you just change map to make wider tunnels that you can avoid wind wall? ?( ). Matchmaking on high infame is still bad, every 2 gate i meet same team if they play (if they comp countering me its pointless to play hg). Why you keep 1100 IP cap? Make some hardcore hg with 1300/1400 IP (50% cap).
      if you are fighting the same exact build you should easily be able to counter it, a pike with a healer LMAO two black hands should be able to beat that ass, same with any decent sword player with a healer. Learn how to use a resist pot, if your healer is getting dunked by a pike in a 2v2 they blow (most healers do)... I think they have dumbed down this game enough how much action is pike really seeing in a 1v1... not that much if you're getting dunked by it in a 2v2 it sounds like a personal problem.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

if you are fighting the same exact build you should easily be able to counter it, a pike with a healer LMAO two black hands should be able to beat that ass, same with any decent sword player with a healer. Learn how to use a resist pot, if your healer is getting dunked by a pike in a 2v2 they blow (most healers do)... I think they have dumbed down this game enough how much action is pike really seeing in a 1v1... not that much if you're getting dunked by it in a 2v2 it sounds like a personal problem.
      Pike is good against CC + dps.

If Pike run with Helmet of Valor, and you have cripple on W, it's pretty much checkmate against Grailseeker + whatever it is.

I'm not saying Pike is OP or anything. Like you've said. It's not invincible, an edge against Grailseeker meaning a disadvantage against sth else.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.