Cripple

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Since you brought Cripple, let´s not forget it´s bugged in spear´s favor.

So this is description for cripple . wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Cripple

" Makes a crippling attack. Deals 352 damage. and slows by 15% for 8.3s. If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s. "

But is it like that ? No. It has damage increase on top of that. It increases all damage by 20 or 25% for 5 seconds from what i recall. You can check the description in the game.

It shouldn´t increase damage, but it does after some patch. It´s been in game for few months. Think i reported long time ago, but it probably didnt get some friction. So since you are making this topic, why not mention it again.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Since you brought Cripple, let´s not forget it´s bugged in spear´s favor.

So this is description for cripple . wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Cripple

" Makes a crippling attack. Deals 352 damage. and slows by 15% for 8.3s. If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s. "

But is it like that ? No. It has damage increase on top of that. It increases all damage by 20 or 25% for 5 seconds from what i recall. You can check the description in the game.

It shouldn´t increase damage, but it does after some patch. It´s been in game for few months. Think i reported long time ago, but it probably didnt get some friction. So since you are making this topic, why not mention it again.
      The wiki is just outdated, in-game it says if the target has a move speed buff active, your own move speed will be increased by 50% and all damage by 25% for 5s. Working totally as intended.
    • Borbarad wrote:

sure, but the damage increased was never put in patch notes, and the dmg increased just appeared there after one patch, which certainly seemed like a bug.
      Then it's the patch note that missing info. ~.~ Can't really say it's a bug if the spell works exactly like its tooltip says.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

sure, but the damage increased was never put in patch notes, and the dmg increased just appeared there after one patch, which certainly seemed like a bug.
      Then it's the patch note that missing info. ~.~ Can't really say it's a bug if the spell works exactly like its tooltip says.
      So if a tooltip changes out of nowhere ability gains additinal buff as old adrenaline boost on axes ( +25% dmg for 5 seconds ) - and it´s not stated anywhere that such change would occur, neither a reasoning for such change, that´s absolutely normal huh ? :D

Damn these spear bois.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Cripple is used to counter Swords and Staves, and to remove soldier boots.

Give cripple range and it'll be brokenly strong.
      Sure. But only thing cripple do well is countering swords.

Against soldier boots, Demon boots and mainly, cait builds, like quaterstaffs, maces, bows and ice, cripple is awful. This is why everyone uses hook to do cripple job. You cant hit anyone with 4m radius. This is a joke.

My suggestion: Change the way cripple is activate. Instead of a hit skill, "when you activate cripple, the next basic atk or the first Q hits your enemy, you will deal the cripple effects". It would act like demon helmet.
    • ViniColen wrote:

Against soldier boots, Demon boots and mainly, cait builds, like quaterstaffs, maces, bows and ice, cripple is awful. This is why everyone uses hook to do cripple job. You cant hit anyone with 4m radius. This is a joke.
      Harpoon doesn't do cripple job, harpoon is use to catch someone running away, Cripple is used like a purge. You are forcing harpoon's role on Cripple, ofc it's not gonna be good at it.

Soldier boots and demon boots are not the same, cripple counter soldier boots, not demon.

Cripple counter staves because it removes the stun run, not because you can used it to chase staves. Against cheesing build like maces, bows, ice, . . you are not supposed to used cripple because that's not what the spell in intended for.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

Harpoon doesn't do cripple job, harpoon is use to catch someone running away, Cripple is used like a purge. You are forcing harpoon's role on Cripple, ofc it's not gonna be good at it.
      Soldier boots and demon boots are not the same, cripple counter soldier boots, not demon.

Cripple counter staves because it removes the stun run, not because you can used it to chase staves. Against cheesing build like maces, bows, ice, . . you are not supposed to used cripple because that's not what the spell in intended for.
      Man, have you ever tried cripple or stun run? Stun run first stun you and then run, this is why its called "stun run" lol. And after you recover from the stun, your opponent is definitely 4m+ away. You cant purge soldier boots when your enemie do any CC on you, like any cait build. Only way to purge soldier boots is against someone that doesnt have any CC, what is almost impossble in corrupteds.

Cripple job is not only to "purge" something, like swords Q. Main rule here is to reduces enemies mobility to compesate spears lacks of mobility. This is why spear has so many roots, hook, slows and more.

My main weapon is spear, more specific, pike. You can check me. "VnsColen". See recent kills and deaths. So when im saying cripple dont do its job properly, that is to reduce enemies mobility removing enemies sprint, its because i tested every single W that reduces mobility. So my conclusion is Cripple 4m radius doesnt allow it to do its job. Its so like that, that hook is so more efficient in cripple job.

Hook and Cripple has different roles, but all of them are meant to reduces mobility in any way. But cripple is so bad, that any situation that would be specific to it, hook can perform better. This is why any spear user dont use cripple at all.

The only situation that make us to use cripple is when opponent is a sword, or the opponent is using soldier boots but doesnt have any CC in the build, because when he pops F, he start with 10% of spring, then without any CC, you can catch him. (what is almost impossible to see).
    • ViniColen wrote:

Stun run first stun you and then run, this is why its called "stun run" lol. And after you recover from the stun, your opponent is definitely 4m+ away.
      Yeah, you are using it wrong that's why it's not working. I told you Cripple isn't used to chase people, you described exactly that.

Cripple is a hard counter to stun run. You use cripple to remove to stun run entirely before you even get stunned, not the other way around. Stun run is melee, and has longer animation (of the attack), that's why you can always do that.

It's need some skills to purge stun run when staff is already at melee range, but anyone can pull it off on the engaging. Because both spells have 15 sec cooldown, the result is that you never get stunned. A staff that can't stun is a dead staff.

ViniColen wrote:

So when im saying cripple dont do its job properly, that is to reduce enemies mobility

Hook and Cripple has different roles, but all of them are meant to reduces mobility in any way. But cripple is so bad, that any situation that would be specific to it, hook can perform better.
      Sadly, that's not its job. So yeah, Cripple is suck at doing sth it's not intended to do.

ViniColen wrote:

This is why any spear user dont use cripple at all.
      Quite the opposite. Against sword, cripple is a must. Against staves, about half the time you use harpoon, and haft the time you use cripple, depending on what the enemy has and who's your allies.
    • I'd say give it some range like 10-12m and remove the damage and movement speed buff. So it could be at least used to purge boots in most cases. Now it destroys swords but it's useless in 90% of the cases. And no one wants to have w abbility that's useless 90% of the time.
    • ziigii wrote:

I'd say give it some range like 10-12m and remove the damage and movement speed buff. So it could be at least used to purge boots in most cases. Now it destroys swords but it's useless in 90% of the cases. And no one wants to have w abbility that's useless 90% of the time.
      Well that'd make it a single target Impaler that is only useful when the target has a runspeed up, meanwhile Impaler is AoE, always slows no matter what, and does solid damage.