Can we get a real 1v1 pvp dungeon for people that want to fight?

• Corrupted Dungeons
    • Can we get a real 1v1 pvp dungeon for people that want to fight?

It's been some time now, and it's clear, Corrupted Dungeons was a failed attempt at making 1v1 pvp.

It's too much pve, the rewards and fame is so good it's simply better and even safer than normal green dungeon when you learn how to rat it, the zone is way to large while crystals too easy to destroy.

There's no reset of cd's or hp/mana when invaded so rng can just kill you if they spawn on you, the traps add nothing to the pvp of the fight and the anti-invis mob wrecks some builds if you are unlucky.

2v2 hellgate right now, is what 1v1 CD should have been, you get a map so you don't have to run around for 5 years, you get quick fights, all cd's hp and mana is refreshed upon invade and the fame & pve loot is worthless for ratting.

I really hope we one day get something similar to 2v2 hellgate for 1v1, just slap in some crystals to escape that you have to smash after a few min or end up dying from lava, that gives you a good enough time to see if you need to smash or not, and with no mobs & traps you won't be prevented from smashing unless you are forced into a fight, and that's ok.
    • honestly it would probably be fine if they just added a ring that appeared under certain conditions a la duels. Like, if one player takes 10% damage from another player, and the players are within a certain distance, a ring of fire will appear centered on the point halfway between the two players. It would be a bit larger than the dueling one but kills anyone outside it for too long, or bumps people back into the ring, or something.

That way, you still have dynamics of crystals and traps, but also when the fight is actually joined you don't get cancerous reset gameplay and have to fight to the end.
    • Alysandra wrote:

It's been some time now, and it's clear, Corrupted Dungeons was a failed attempt at making 1v1 pvp.

It's too much pve, the rewards and fame is so good it's simply better and even safer than normal green dungeon when you learn how to rat it, the zone is way to large while crystals too easy to destroy.
      CD and Hellgates 2x2 the drop is x100 much better than t6-t7-t8 gruop dungs- green dung - statics at RZ or BZ, this makes 0 sense you risk a lot for nothing.
    • f the space were closing little by little like it happens in a battle royal, the corrupted dungeons could only be played with builds like the claymore, boldcaster, bloodletter, black hands and all that kind of direct contact builds ... I honestly do not see it productive...What they should do is modify the matchmaking system, since it takes too long to locate an opponent ..... I don't know how much to look for .. if there is no corrupt ELO in this game.
    • New

fip wrote:

honestly it would probably be fine if they just added a ring that appeared under certain conditions a la duels. Like, if one player takes 10% damage from another player, and the players are within a certain distance, a ring of fire will appear centered on the point halfway between the two players. It would be a bit larger than the dueling one but kills anyone outside it for too long, or bumps people back into the ring, or something.

That way, you still have dynamics of crystals and traps, but also when the fight is actually joined you don't get cancerous reset gameplay and have to fight to the end.
      That would be horrible and people would just sit in some gimp spot to force the fight to take place under traps so they could mace rape you under them. Imagine being forced to fight under a pillar or lava traps, LMAO that is exactly what would end up happening.

What they need to do is make the crystals not even appear until you get the sound effect from the other player being close, this will solve the ratting issue & the pussy move of killing 2 crystals before engaging so you can just worm your way out of any chance of actually dieing. How they haven't figured out this is what needs to happen is beyond me, I've literally been saying this since they added corrupted to the game...

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• New

JonnnyBones wrote:

fip wrote:

honestly it would probably be fine if they just added a ring that appeared under certain conditions a la duels. Like, if one player takes 10% damage from another player, and the players are within a certain distance, a ring of fire will appear centered on the point halfway between the two players. It would be a bit larger than the dueling one but kills anyone outside it for too long, or bumps people back into the ring, or something.

That would be horrible and people would just sit in some gimp spot to force the fight to take place under traps so they could mace rape you under them. Imagine being forced to fight under a pillar or lava traps, LMAO that is exactly what would end up happening.
      What they need to do is make the crystals not even appear until you get the sound effect from the other player being close, this will solve the ratting issue & the pussy move of killing 2 crystals before engaging so you can just worm your way out of any chance of actually dieing. How they haven't figured out this is what needs to happen is beyond me, I've literally been saying this since they added corrupted to the game...
      That's also terrible because there's still no way to stop weapons that are faster than you are from resetting or just running away as soon as the crystals appear. At least with the ring, it's big enough to fight outside of the traps, and avoiding CC combos should be a part of your build anyway. You'd just do what you do to avoid those now, but you'd just get cornered eventually and have to fight. If you're ranged, it should be easy to kite them out from under the traps. Since your opponent won't be running away, you can take stuff like assassin shoes or guardian boots for even more resistance to combos.
    • New

I do like the uniqueness of both HGs and CDs.
      People will always complain about something, there is too much orange in both CD and HGs, did anyone notice ?

Did i get your attention ?
      Good.
      My point is very simple, you can't please everyone.
      Personally what i "dislike" about CDs, is that i think it's too easy to exploit,
      clear an escape/fight path and you can reset for days with a decent mobility build.

Something like 1h frost is pure cancer to fight, they can escape/slow for days, healers is not really at the same cancer level, because if you meet one, they have 0 mobility and you can just smack crystals and go to next match.
      And which playing style gets nerfed in the next patch ?
      Well it for sure wasn't frost, which are the most played templates in top 100.

Now we have HGs 2v2, with the battle royale playing style, some like it, some don't.
      Some templates function better than others, and for some strange reason it has -10% healing.
      Sooner or later some of these templates will get nerfed because they over perform, and some will be buffed because they under perform.
      It is what it is,
      The effect of this small minded adjustments, affect all of us, that rarely or not at all play in these modes.

And it has to STOP, its not healthy to balance an MMO based around 1v1 content or 2v2 content.
      I suggest that we get different rule set for open world, HGs, CDs, plain and simple.

And just for the record, if SBI really want's to get rid of healers in CD, or make it a viable fighting template, maybe give them a reason to pick holy smite over heal, and add other offensive spells to their arsenal.

Nature staffs were nerfed into the ground, and you don't see any or very few doing CD with nature, their Q damage is garbage, same with holy staffs smite.

Heck even in the open world, its super rare to find anyone with a nature build.

As an open world player, I'm tired of being held hostage in this never ending buff/nerf saga that is going on, based off game modes that i don't even play.
    • New

fip wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

fip wrote:

That would be horrible and people would just sit in some gimp spot to force the fight to take place under traps so they could mace rape you under them. Imagine being forced to fight under a pillar or lava traps, LMAO that is exactly what would end up happening.What they need to do is make the crystals not even appear until you get the sound effect from the other player being close, this will solve the ratting issue & the pussy move of killing 2 crystals before engaging so you can just worm your way out of any chance of actually dieing. How they haven't figured out this is what needs to happen is beyond me, I've literally been saying this since they added corrupted to the game...
      That's also terrible because there's still no way to stop weapons that are faster than you are from resetting or just running away as soon as the crystals appear. At least with the ring, it's big enough to fight outside of the traps, and avoiding CC combos should be a part of your build anyway. You'd just do what you do to avoid those now, but you'd just get cornered eventually and have to fight. If you're ranged, it should be easy to kite them out from under the traps. Since your opponent won't be running away, you can take stuff like assassin shoes or guardian boots for even more resistance to combos.
      That doesn't even make any sense, its flat out idiotic and if that's what you want you might as well lock both people in the center have a proper duel. If you want to let some gimps force force the fight on some bullshit terrain, which exactly what everyone would do, you might as well just lock them in the center.

The idea of a circle on contact doesn't even make sense because you and I both know full well every pussy who resorts to running maces and quarterstaffs will just refuse to fight anyone unless they fight on their terms and end up in some gimp circle... Same with all these cursed and sword builds who don't kill a single mob and try and stand their with their fingers up their asses to try and run you into mobs so they can run you down. If people are already resorting to such pussy tactics what do you really think is gonna happen with a forced circle?

Also you seem retarded if you think it would be easier for people to run away if the crystals didn't appear until contact was made, its actually the opposite... they would get ran down easily & anyone who clears a "crystal path" would be easily spotted & it wouldn't be that tough to cut them off. As it stands right now anyone with an undead cape who kills crystals immediately is basically given a "get out of pvp free" card, its ridiculous, I've called it out since corrupteds were added; and its laughable that I quit playing for several months and they didn't fix this.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JonnnyBones ().

• New

JonnnyBones wrote:

fip wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

fip wrote:

That would be horrible and people would just sit in some gimp spot to force the fight to take place under traps so they could mace rape you under them. Imagine being forced to fight under a pillar or lava traps, LMAO that is exactly what would end up happening.What they need to do is make the crystals not even appear until you get the sound effect from the other player being close, this will solve the ratting issue & the pussy move of killing 2 crystals before engaging so you can just worm your way out of any chance of actually dieing. How they haven't figured out this is what needs to happen is beyond me, I've literally been saying this since they added corrupted to the game...
      That doesn't even make any sense, its flat out idiotic and if that's what you want you might as well lock both people in the center have a proper duel. If you want to let some gimps force force the fight on some bullshit terrain, which exactly what everyone would do, you might as well just lock them in the center.
      The idea of a circle on contact doesn't even make sense because you and I both know full well every pussy who resorts to running maces and quarterstaffs will just refuse to fight anyone unless they fight on their terms and end up in some gimp circle... Same with all these cursed and sword builds who don't kill a single mob and try and stand their with their fingers up their asses to try and run you into mobs so they can run you down. If people are already resorting to such pussy tactics what do you really think is gonna happen with a forced circle?

Also you seem retarded if you think it would be easier for people to run away if the crystals didn't appear until contact was made, its actually the opposite... they would get ran down easily & anyone who clears a "crystal path" would be easily spotted & it wouldn't be that tough to cut them off. As it stands right now anyone with an undead cape who kills crystals immediately is basically given a "get out of pvp free" card, its ridiculous, I've called it out since corrupteds were added; and its laughable that I quit playing for several months and they didn't fix this.
      When did i say it would be easier? You call me retarded and yet seem to be unable to read. I just said they'd be able to do it if they were faster than you or had a build specifically for it so your change wouldn't matter all that much.

Dueling circles don't change whether people fight on bullshit terrain or not. They do it now and the only difference is they kite you through them then turn and trap you on them, then kit again through more traps. It relies on CC and if you have a block or dodge or purge etc. you can avoid it. The part that you conveniently skipped is that the circle only appears if you take 10% damage. Once you've avoided it they're trapped in there with you and you're free to kill them before their cooldowns come back. Another thing you could add is the circle disappearing after 30 seconds of no combat so anyone camping a spot can just be skipped if they don't come out.

By the way, when tf do swords and cursed try and run you into mobs? Do you just play warbow and keep running into mobs or something?
    • New

Corrupted dungeon is a masterpiece . It’s a lucky idea which is bringing people to the world of Albion . It will get broken beyond repair at some point but for now it’s good.

Here’s a little tip for some of you guys who want it changed so badly. No one is playing hellgates, streamers have quit hell gates because they suck and Sone of you want to make CD into 1v1 hellgate in its current state??????

Let me repeat that “YOU ASKING FOR A WORKING FORMAT TO BE CHANGED INTO A BROKEN ONE WHICH NOONE IS PLAYING??

shall I say it again???
    • New

BraveArt wrote:

Corrupted dungeon is a masterpiece . It’s a lucky idea which is bringing people to the world of Albion . It will get broken beyond repair at some point but for now it’s good.

Here’s a little tip for some of you guys who want it changed so badly. No one is playing hellgates, streamers have quit hell gates because they suck and Sone of you want to make CD into 1v1 hellgate in its current state??????

Let me repeat that “YOU ASKING FOR A WORKING FORMAT TO BE CHANGED INTO A BROKEN ONE WHICH NOONE IS PLAYING??

shall I say it again???
      you wrong my friend..right now there was less than 500 viewers on the game..

Almost Everyone hates CD except u maybe but as it is the only remaining full loot solo content there is nothing else, that's why it is played..

If u just offer water...all drink it...but most would like a beer..
      As soon the bar with beer opens, all the people go to the bar ...
    • New

Alysandra wrote:

100% bud. The map is way too big with way too much PVE.

An easy solution is to add 3 mini bosses that go off in 3 different directions, keep the spawn in the middle for the main boss, maybe some little mobs here or there in between the mini bosses with paths connecting each mini boss to each other. I've even thought about drawing a simple layout for what I mean but lets be honest guys the devs added the sheer amount of pve in there to appeal to new players or half pve/half pvp type of players.

Also they spent time and essentially money designing the look of the dungeons, where the mobs were going to go, the traps etc etc. I don't think they'll make the map smaller or even just keep the same layout but remove some of the mobs while adding an infamy boost for them (instead of getting 5 infamy of killing X mob you'd get whatever 15 infamy for example to keep dungeon clear speeds the same).
    • New

Yes, I think the next big update should be in the arenas. They are simple and quick to enter. In addition to reshaping how they are, it would be nice if players could fight 1v1, 3v3, 6v6. betting silver, gold, fame or their equipment. A 15-minute fight and whoever killed the most would get the reward.

A Free For All with multiple players respawning in different places would also be nice. (Players from different clans and no friends list).

The post was edited 1 time, last by kasttiel ().