Swolebenji is starting to be a problem

    • Sponik wrote:

      Guys i know that this guy is super toxic, lier, greedy as hell and that he doesnt care about anyone but himslef (just saw two of his alt accounts spemming his new viedo in the AO discord where they cant post links).
      With the new moblie release, he will try to do everything he can to milk the crap out of it, we need to stop him. he is misleading new players and we will lose valueble players who will quit after playing just in the blue zone.
      @Levyi you are our savior, you need to come up with an idea.
      Several people have tried explaining why your views and opinions on freedom of speech might be very short-sighted and dangerous. Some individuals have also stated their viewpoints on why it might be critical upholding the value of freedom of speech. As far as I understand from reading through this thread for the last hour, you have been disregarding most of these posts, simply collectively designating them as "justifications of SwoleBenji's actions/evaluations". I find this behaviour very dispiriting and disquieting.

      You are quick to classify anything that SwoleBenji states as hogwash, yet you have not bothered to provide any fact-based evidence to substantiate your claims; you solely aver your opinions. That's not how fact-based justifications work.

      You believe that SwoleBenji is damaging SBI / Albion Online; it is not a reality unless you prove it with statistically accurate data and other factual assertions, which you haven't done so far.

      All you are accomplishing with this thread is showing your disinterest in finding a resolution to this situation. In my honest judgment, SwoleBenji's videos are multi-faceted. On the one side, he provides educational content for players. On the other side, he is utilizing people like you, Reddit, and other social platforms for free clout. You are directly playing into SwoleBenji's cards. People that go to his YouTube channel to see the controversy for themselves might stay for the educational content he is offering.

      As a final note to wrap up my post, you are gravely mistaken if you believe you exemplify the entire Albion Online community. Your presumption of epitomizing the whole community is just plain domineering and overbearing.
    • so i was "timeout" from the twitch chat for recomending a ussefull youtube channel for new players(no link just channel name), also my messages were deleted, and when i ask the "twitch mod" the reason they link me this post about an angry fish posting he hates someone with no real evidence about his HATE claims and the twitch MOD is talking about TOXIC behavior???????????? why this post is still up to date i dont understand ALSO MY "TIMEOUT" is EVEN LONGER when i ask something and no answer just BAN and delete, his last response was report the ban on the forums like WTF

      imgur.com/GxMIPbX
      imgur.com/2RfPWkx
      imgur.com/PzJHGQx
      imgur.com/5GlRYo8
    • a25baam wrote:

      so i was "timeout" from the twitch chat for recomending a ussefull youtube channel for new players(no link just channel name), also my messages were deleted, and when i ask the "twitch mod" the reason they link me this post about an angry fish posting he hates someone with no real evidence about his HATE claims and the twitch MOD is talking about TOXIC behavior???????????? why this post is still up to date i dont understand ALSO MY "TIMEOUT" is EVEN LONGER when i ask something and no answer just BAN and delete, his last response was report the ban on the forums like WTF

      imgur.com/GxMIPbX
      imgur.com/2RfPWkx
      imgur.com/PzJHGQx
      imgur.com/5GlRYo8
      Welcome to the world of SJW's.
      Don't forget to keep a red nose close by and hand it over to the next one you see.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • a25baam wrote:

      so i was "timeout" from the twitch chat for recomending a ussefull youtube channel for new players(no link just channel name), also my messages were deleted, and when i ask the "twitch mod" the reason they link me this post about an angry fish posting he hates someone with no real evidence about his HATE claims and the twitch MOD is talking about TOXIC behavior???????????? why this post is still up to date i dont understand ALSO MY "TIMEOUT" is EVEN LONGER when i ask something and no answer just BAN and delete, his last response was report the ban on the forums like WTF

      imgur.com/GxMIPbX
      imgur.com/2RfPWkx
      imgur.com/PzJHGQx
      imgur.com/5GlRYo8
      Just to make sure I understand this, you suggested SwoleBenji's channel to some person in the official Albion Online Twitch chat, and got muted with being referred to this thread as the justification? Then you got banned for disputing the mute in the DMs of an SBI moderator?

      Technically the ban is justified because you are not allowed to discuss moderator decisions in any channel, however, one could argue that you were disputing the mute, not discussing it (I can't imagine that disputing/appealing sanctions is against TOS). Regardless, that can't be the whole story for the initial mute?
    • GhostIsGone wrote:

      You believe that SwoleBenji is damaging SBI / Albion Online; it is not a reality unless you prove it with statistically accurate data and other factual assertions, which you haven't done so far.
      You guys are all the same
      You talk but you never listen...
      I REALLY didn't want to reply to you but I see that the thread is coming back to life so why not.
      I'm not going to go to make a table with data with statistics in the game, no offense but I have things to do.

      My proof is myself playing the game. I have been playing for over a year and a half and have encountered two bots and 0 hackers. Almost every person I talked to knows basic English, joined a super fun small guild and I do with them every end-game content you can think of and the game is growing so fast it's beautiful.

      Let me compare it to something so you can understand (literally the same case but you are SBI).
      You and your best friend made a game. It's unique, fun and very popular, even a big company bought you for millions of euros. Your whole career you waited for the moment you could allow phone players to play your game, we are talking about hundreds of millions of potential players.
      BUT
      There is this guy, a small youtube how is super toxic and unhealthy. All he cares about is destroying your moment. He made a video full of lies, with ONE intention, to scare away these hundreds of millions of potential players.

      From your perspective, it's fine :D . let him lie as much as he wants "there is nothing we can do"
      So you let it pass, release the game for mobile and new players are coming, but they are less than the amount that could come.
      You come back and watch his video, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? the video has over 100k views! only then you realized how many players could enjoy your masterpiece of a game AND that amount of money this guy cost you.


      So maybe I'm not SBI. but I want to see my favorite game grow and grow.
      And I'm sorry for protecting Albion by trying to put an end to "its ok to lie and hurt someone's lifetime work".
    • Sponik wrote:

      GhostIsGone wrote:

      You believe that SwoleBenji is damaging SBI / Albion Online; it is not a reality unless you prove it with statistically accurate data and other factual assertions, which you haven't done so far.
      You guys are all the sameYou talk but you never listen...
      I REALLY didn't want to reply to you but I see that the thread is coming back to life so why not.
      I'm not going to go to make a table with data with statistics in the game, no offense but I have things to do.

      My proof is myself playing the game. I have been playing for over a year and a half and have encountered two bots and 0 hackers. Almost every person I talked to knows basic English, joined a super fun small guild and I do with them every end-game content you can think of and the game is growing so fast it's beautiful.

      Let me compare it to something so you can understand (literally the same case but you are SBI).
      You and your best friend made a game. It's unique, fun and very popular, even a big company bought you for millions of euros. Your whole career you waited for the moment you could allow phone players to play your game, we are talking about hundreds of millions of potential players.
      BUT
      There is this guy, a small youtube how is super toxic and unhealthy. All he cares about is destroying your moment. He made a video full of lies, with ONE intention, to scare away these hundreds of millions of potential players.

      From your perspective, it's fine :D . let him lie as much as he wants "there is nothing we can do"
      So you let it pass, release the game for mobile and new players are coming, but they are less than the amount that could come.
      You come back and watch his video, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? the video has over 100k views! only then you realized how many players could enjoy your masterpiece of a game AND that amount of money this guy cost you.


      So maybe I'm not SBI. but I want to see my favorite game grow and grow.
      And I'm sorry for protecting Albion by trying to put an end to "its ok to lie and hurt someone's lifetime work".
      Thank you for taking the time to respond, and I also have to thank you for proving my point. You aver your views without a shred of factual statements or statistically correct data, so your views are still opinions. Asking for punishment based on your evaluations is not justified. Requesting a person to be censored based only on your beliefs is a very dubious request, regardless of the extent of the argumentation of your evaluations.

      I will also address the example you have given. If an individual were to have a quantifiable, negative impact on my product, I would file a defamation charge, amongst possibly other legal complaints, against that individual (keep in mind that I am not giving legal advice in this instance, I'm simply declaring what I would do in this hypothetical scenario). Since SBI has not taken any legal actions against SwoleBenji to public knowledge, a fair assumption would be that SBI does not recognise the damage to their company to the extent you are making it seem to be. Another option would be that suing SwoleBenji would not justify the costs of any legal actions, which leads back to what I said before, that SBI does not recognise sufficient quantifiable damage to their product.

      Once again, you are seemingly exemplifying the entire community, which is domineering and overbearing. I am not arguing against the possibility that you represent some amount of players that have a similar playstyle as you. However, not everyone plays the game as you do. Just because some individual repels players from your playstyle or pushes them to a whole other game entirely, by whatever means used, it is not a justifiable request to apply some amount of censorship to that individual. If you can't prove that said means used violated some law or that the result of said means resulted in any quantifiable damage, the only thing you are doing here is what you were accusing SwoleBenji of in the first place, slandering someone else's reputation without providing a speck of proof.

      To finish off this post, I want to reiterate that I am not arguing about the nature of SwoleBenji's videos. I am only addressing your way of handling this situation. I am trying to explain why your means of directing this thread will have little to no effect on the circumstances involving the nature of SwoleBenji's videos.
    • Sponik wrote:

      He made a video full of lies, with ONE intention, to scare away these hundreds of millions of potential players.
      First off that video he made on mobile Albion in 2021, is not full of lies. Some exaggerations based on his own experience sure, lies lol no.

      Nearly every point and issue raised in that video warrants attention from anyone thinking about playing this game.

      I challenge you to point out one thing said in that video that was a blatant lie ,please.



      And i can assure you , if a new player wanted to get turned away all they would have to do , is turn on albion twitch and watch the streamers. Most of the streamers are leaving the game, NO ONE WANTS TO STREAM ALBION ONLINE. Why do you think that is ????????


      Point 1

      I still remember a youtuber making fun of swole-benji for saying ESP hacks were in the game. "Misleading players he said" hilarious because it takes a mili second of a google search to find the esp hacks, hell they even contact you and show you demos. There are esp hacks, speed hacks, zoom hacks, you only think SBI is doing a great job because these groups operate in the shadows. Not a claim btw, i have been in their discords, we are talking thousands of customers btw. I would also like to remind you that SBI had zero clue that the Russian discord hacking server even existed until it was blasted on reddit .Imagine what else is going on.

      Point 2

      Benji said the game was pay to win, but clarified himself. In this clarification we find the truth. Yes a swiper can spend real life money and equip and 8.3 set and gain spec via tomes and roll over new players. KEY word here new players and the statement only really applies to YZ PVP And some red zone pvp (People who flag with 8.3 gear on mammoths hugging yellow zone gates for example).This statement changes when we factor in veteran players, and good players with perfect builds/counter builds. Any veteran can farm a swiper, even in 4.1 gear. But new players you are going to hate getting killed by a swiper. I already see reditt post bringing up the issue in YZ faction pvp. But is it a major game breaking problem SBI needs to address ??? no because knowledge in Albion is greater than Gear and spec.

      I personally believe SBI has achieved perfect balance with this, as Swipers help fund the game. And they help fund my pockets. Swole benji statement as a result is both true and false , not a lie , not misleading. Partially true , partially false.

      Again i can do this per every point mad in that video, so please do me a favor and stop crying about swole-benji, the guy has his own personal issues, but his approach to this game, his video's, do not warrant trying to lead a crusade against.
    • @moking @GhostIsGone

      Look guys we are treading water, I'm not going to "prove my points" by working on statistics, as I said I have other things to do. And I have already said everything I had to say in the thread.
      I think swole's video is not about opinion, its about "facts" that are wrong in every way possible
      This is why I want to censor him. not because of his opinions but because he lies.

      I think that swole is sussy baka and you don't, that's completely fine
      just know that I will be the first to write a new thread about him when he tries to hurt Albion in fishy ways.

      Im done with the thread, it was fun while it lasted
      take care and stay SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE
    • a25baam wrote:

      so i was "timeout" from the twitch chat for recomending a ussefull youtube channel for new players(no link just channel name), also my messages were deleted, and when i ask the "twitch mod" the reason they link me this post about an angry fish posting he hates someone with no real evidence about his HATE claims and the twitch MOD is talking about TOXIC behavior???????????? why this post is still up to date i dont understand ALSO MY "TIMEOUT" is EVEN LONGER when i ask something and no answer just BAN and delete, his last response was report the ban on the forums like WTF

      imgur.com/GxMIPbX
      imgur.com/2RfPWkx
      imgur.com/PzJHGQx
      imgur.com/5GlRYo8

      Looks like typical twitch moderating, where they are even more pathetic than the in-game mods. Twitch is for losers anyway, consider it a blessing.

      GhostIsGone wrote:

      a25baam wrote:

      so i was "timeout" from the twitch chat for recomending a ussefull youtube channel for new players(no link just channel name), also my messages were deleted, and when i ask the "twitch mod" the reason they link me this post about an angry fish posting he hates someone with no real evidence about his HATE claims and the twitch MOD is talking about TOXIC behavior???????????? why this post is still up to date i dont understand ALSO MY "TIMEOUT" is EVEN LONGER when i ask something and no answer just BAN and delete, his last response was report the ban on the forums like WTF

      imgur.com/GxMIPbX
      imgur.com/2RfPWkx
      imgur.com/PzJHGQx
      imgur.com/5GlRYo8
      Just to make sure I understand this, you suggested SwoleBenji's channel to some person in the official Albion Online Twitch chat, and got muted with being referred to this thread as the justification? Then you got banned for disputing the mute in the DMs of an SBI moderator?
      Technically the ban is justified because you are not allowed to discuss moderator decisions in any channel, however, one could argue that you were disputing the mute, not discussing it (I can't imagine that disputing/appealing sanctions is against TOS). Regardless, that can't be the whole story for the initial mute?
      I find it hilarious that SBI mutes this guy in game, pays people to try and de-rank his youtube video, and still has to resort to shit like this.

      It's not justifiable in any sense of the word. Its a matter of right and wrong and I don't give a shit what their TOS says, quit kissing the corporate rectum by making excuses for scumbags.
    • I'm a new player and I got in touch with his youtube channel while I was looking for videos. I just saw 2 or 3 vids from him, but I cannot really understand how could a new player be "influenced" by this guy. The hate/sarcasm in his words is very noticeable so I don't think anyone with a little bit of maturity will get his view on the game twisted because a random YouTube channel.

      Let people be themselves as long as it doesn't make any harm.
    • u get muted for talkig in chat wtf is this?
      i have 30 min into the game and saw his vid about this
      wtf u get muted?
      what is this? kid playing in a sandbox
      well i guess ill go back to other games i came from were u cant be baned for talking in chat or killing bots.

      lol
    • Since i play in a PvP focused guild (small scale/hellgates etc), i can see how this Swole "kid" is a problem for the recruitment players into the PvP aspect.
      In my opinion Swole is just making (sorry for my expression) "P**** players" and deny them a whole bunch of content in this game.

      And there is people out there who watch those videos and thinks "this is the way to play this game".
      Runnin around in yellow zones flagged up and gathering stone.

      He literally scares the players from doing anything that could expose them to "dying", and I mean not dying irl, but in a game.

      Just being afraid to die in any sort of game is a big mystery to me, but that's another topic.

      I can understand why this person may be a problem. AO is a grinding game. There is only "so much" you can do in a blue / yellow zone. After a certain time, most people do not have the energy to log in to flag up in a yellow zone on a command mammoth to bully players, and will eventually stop playing.
      Its like in real life. If you dont f *** up and learn, well then you can stay in a kindergarden enviroment for the whole life, protected by the teachers and your parrents as this Swole wants you to be.

      I dont know what his plan is. If he REALLY means what he is saying (then something is really wrong the way he approaches the game(s)). If not, well guys he has to do something to make people click on his channel so kudos to him.
    • Sepharu wrote:

      Since i play in a PvP focused guild (small scale/hellgates etc), i can see how this Swole "kid" is a problem for the recruitment players into the PvP aspect.
      In my opinion Swole is just making (sorry for my expression) "P**** players" and deny them a whole bunch of content in this game.

      And there is people out there who watch those videos and thinks "this is the way to play this game".
      Runnin around in yellow zones flagged up and gathering stone.

      He literally scares the players from doing anything that could expose them to "dying", and I mean not dying irl, but in a game.

      Just being afraid to die in any sort of game is a big mystery to me, but that's another topic.

      I can understand why this person may be a problem. AO is a grinding game. There is only "so much" you can do in a blue / yellow zone. After a certain time, most people do not have the energy to log in to flag up in a yellow zone on a command mammoth to bully players, and will eventually stop playing.
      Its like in real life. If you dont f *** up and learn, well then you can stay in a kindergarden enviroment for the whole life, protected by the teachers and your parrents as this Swole wants you to be.

      I dont know what his plan is. If he REALLY means what he is saying (then something is really wrong the way he approaches the game(s)). If not, well guys he has to do something to make people click on his channel so kudos to him.
      Why would any solo player go to the black zone when it's more efficient to farm in yellows?

      Why would any PvP'er go to the black zones solo to get mogg'd on by an entire guild of bored max spec players?

      What's wrong with educating newbies to get islands, passive income, a nice stash, a safety net, before they try the red and black zones? That's what his videos do. You'd know this if you watched them.
    • Cringendary wrote:

      Sepharu wrote:

      Since i play in a PvP focused guild (small scale/hellgates etc), i can see how this Swole "kid" is a problem for the recruitment players into the PvP aspect.
      In my opinion Swole is just making (sorry for my expression) "P**** players" and deny them a whole bunch of content in this game.

      And there is people out there who watch those videos and thinks "this is the way to play this game".
      Runnin around in yellow zones flagged up and gathering stone.

      He literally scares the players from doing anything that could expose them to "dying", and I mean not dying irl, but in a game.

      Just being afraid to die in any sort of game is a big mystery to me, but that's another topic.

      I can understand why this person may be a problem. AO is a grinding game. There is only "so much" you can do in a blue / yellow zone. After a certain time, most people do not have the energy to log in to flag up in a yellow zone on a command mammoth to bully players, and will eventually stop playing.
      Its like in real life. If you dont f *** up and learn, well then you can stay in a kindergarden enviroment for the whole life, protected by the teachers and your parrents as this Swole wants you to be.

      I dont know what his plan is. If he REALLY means what he is saying (then something is really wrong the way he approaches the game(s)). If not, well guys he has to do something to make people click on his channel so kudos to him.
      Why would any solo player go to the black zone when it's more efficient to farm in yellows?
      Why would any PvP'er go to the black zones solo to get mogg'd on by an entire guild of bored max spec players?

      What's wrong with educating newbies to get islands, passive income, a nice stash, a safety net, before they try the red and black zones? That's what his videos do. You'd know this if you watched them.
      I have watched some of his videos. As long as a player talks about how to manage the passive income/island management etc im ok, that is something different. That part i have 0 problems with. But when you try to deny players by taking away the possibility to experience of such a large part of the content of a game by saying that it is so "dangerous" and stupid without them being able to experience this and decide this for themselves. Well then you get a problem.

      Maybe it's fun for some players to run around in their "safe" bubbles in blue / yellow zones and think it's shit fun to flag up red and dive dungeons 2-3 hours of the day. But for most of us, this is not enough to keep us going in AO.

      That's what I'm trying to address.

      I saw one of his videos where he tries to explain "ava roads". That kid dosent know so much about the ava roads. If you see his videos, and you are an experienced ava road / BZ player, you understand very quickly that he has almost no idea what he is talking about. If you say that ava roads are so dangerous and admit you dont know anything abt it, pls dont make videos about it. His videos are a "scare tactic" shit show.

      Swole is for me the "academics" who have heard and read but never fully experienced things themselves, but try to preach a truth that is not the truth.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Sepharu ().