Swolebenji is starting to be a problem

• Swolebenji is starting to be a problem

Guys i know that this guy is super toxic, lier, greedy as hell and that he doesnt care about anyone but himslef (just saw two of his alt accounts spemming his new viedo in the AO discord where they cant post links).
      With the new moblie release, he will try to do everything he can to milk the crap out of it, we need to stop him. he is misleading new players and we will lose valueble players who will quit after playing just in the blue zone.
      @Levyi you are our savior, you need to come up with an idea.
    • OP could we have a detailed outline of his actions that have caused this, I have heard of him but the hate seems unnecessary

While we are being truly honest here, in the month I have been gone the level of toxic in the game has spiked. a lot of what use to at least make the Albion online community funny has just turned nasty at this point

that will kill this community faster then any streamer.

<3 storm
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • Stormlord wrote:

OP could we have a detailed outline of his actions that have caused this, I have heard of him but the hate seems unnecessary

While we are being truly honest here, in the month I have been gone the level of toxic in the game has spiked. a lot of what use to at least make the Albion online community funny has just turned nasty at this point

<3 storm
      i dont think albion is toxic at all, you play with your friends and you cant be toxic towards them, also if you lose a fight you can say nothing besides gf. there is no room for toxicity. and im not hating anyone, just trying to protect our community from greedy homo sapiens.
    • Sponik wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

OP could we have a detailed outline of his actions that have caused this, I have heard of him but the hate seems unnecessary

<3 storm
      i dont think albion is toxic at all, you play with your friends and you cant be toxic towards them, also if you lose a fight you can say nothing besides gf. there is no room for toxicity. and im not hating anyone, just trying to protect our community from greedy homo sapiens.
      But that isnt happening Spon. if wishes were fishes, neither of us would be here
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • Swolebenji, again!!!

my other post about him got taken down, we need to do something!
      the new video he uploaded is full of sh*t and scares away new players just watch it for yourself

he is liying about EVERYTHING!
      that albion is a pay to win
      blackzone and red zone arent worth it
      the end-game content is locked for small guilds and solo players and so much more bullsh*it.
    • I haven't played this game long enough to know how accurate most of the information is in the video you've linked. My takeaways are as follow:

Some of the stuff he says is demonstrably true. Some of it is eyebrow raising and doesn't quite add up.

This is an example of where negative press is good press. If you like to play video games and you've never heard of Albion online, and you watch this video, your very next focus in life is to download the game and play it to see what could have created such an emotive response.

The guy admits he plays anywhere from 12 to 19 hours a day. Far from fearing what he has to say, perhaps you should consider feeling sorry for him. He spends his entire existence playing games, admits to living out of his van and connecting to the internet through wi-fi from a parking lot. He says he views getting a job and and actually working as an unacceptable life choice for himself. He grinds his axe against the powers-that-be in Albion while simultaneously declaring himself their bee eye itch because if he doesn't play and make videos he "doesn't eat."

With that said, he has a genuine beef. Muting or silencing those who disagree with you never looks good and in non fully-tyrannical societies never works. Rather, you turn your perceived enemies into martyrs and those who sympathized with them then become zealots in their defense. If his concerns aren't true or real, you should simply ignore him. Action against him is counter-productive and only draws attention to him. People aren't stupid and they can determine for themselves whether or not Albion works in the ways he suggests it does. The less attention you bring to him, the less attention he will get. But then, if any of his concerns are true, it is best to engage and help him. In a debate, the person who is reasonable enough to admit valid points from the other side always comes off as more credible. Unless the person is wrong about *everything* then you don't say they are wrong about everything. It destroys your own credibility and the other guy gains, even if he is wrong about most of what he says. And as little as I've learned about the game in my brief experience with it, I can say with total certainty, he is not wrong about *everything*.
    • hopchis wrote:

I haven't played this game long enough to know how accurate most of the information is in the video you've linked. My takeaways are as follow:

Some of the stuff he says is demonstrably true. Some of it is eyebrow raising and doesn't quite add up.

This is an example of where negative press is good press. If you like to play video games and you've never heard of Albion online, and you watch this video, your very next focus in life is to download the game and play it to see what could have created such an emotive response.

The guy admits he plays anywhere from 12 to 19 hours a day. Far from fearing what he has to say, perhaps you should consider feeling sorry for him. He spends his entire existence playing games, admits to living out of his van and connecting to the internet through wi-fi from a parking lot. He says he views getting a job and and actually working as an unacceptable life choice for himself. He grinds his axe against the powers-that-be in Albion while simultaneously declaring himself their bee eye itch because if he doesn't play and make videos he "doesn't eat."

With that said, he has a genuine beef. Muting or silencing those who disagree with you never looks good and in non fully-tyrannical societies never works. Rather, you turn your perceived enemies into martyrs and those who sympathized with them then become zealots in their defense. If his concerns aren't true or real, you should simply ignore him. Action against him is counter-productive and only draws attention to him. People aren't stupid and they can determine for themselves whether or not Albion works in the ways he suggests it does. The less attention you bring to him, the less attention he will get. But then, if any of his concerns are true, it is best to engage and help him. In a debate, the person who is reasonable enough to admit valid points from the other side always comes off as more credible. Unless the person is wrong about *everything* then you don't say they are wrong about everything. It destroys your own credibility and the other guy gains, even if he is wrong about most of what he says. And as little as I've learned about the game in my brief experience with it, I can say with total certainty, he is not wrong about *everything*.
      i dont feel sorry for him at all, and being poor/lazy doesnt mean that he can be a jerk. "if you were born poor it is not your fault but if you die poor it is your fault"
      non of the things he said has a proof and even if one person belives him we lost a player from the community.
      there has to be a way we can report him for false advertising
    • Sponik wrote:

hopchis wrote:

I haven't played this game long enough to know how accurate most of the information is in the video you've linked. My takeaways are as follow:

i dont feel sorry for him at all, and being poor/lazy doesnt mean that he can be a jerk. "if you were born poor it is not your fault but if you die poor it is your fault"non of the things he said has a proof and even if one person belives him we lost a player from the community.
      there has to be a way we can report him for false advertising
      a) I guarantee Albion gains more than it loses from his videos. I think the guy is good for Albion.
      b)Sympathy is not the same word, nor does it have the same meaning, as the word responsibility. You can feel sympathy for those who are less fortunate than you and who make self-destructive choices while they are totally responsible for those choices and you are not. If you don't feel sympathy for these people, I feel sympathy for you.
      c)I've been playing roughly 1 month now. I've never heard of this guy until you brought him to my attention. Between you and him, he sounds far more reasonable. Further, my own experience verifies some of the points he makes.

I'll let you have the last word. I'm not one of those guys who endlessly fights to have the last say on a matter. Your motive appears to be a desire to control another person's ability to express himself because his thoughts are different than what you want people to think, which comes off as a bit hateful. Live and let live, my friend. Everyone loves the idea of being able to live and do what they like, but it is shocking how many people hate the idea of letting others do the same. I don't have a youtube account. I've never subscribed to a youtube channel. I will not reply to your next post, but if you say one more thing that sounds like "we must shut down all people who think or believe differently than us!" then my very next move is to subscribe to that guy's channel.
    • hopchis wrote:

Sponik wrote:

hopchis wrote:

i dont feel sorry for him at all, and being poor/lazy doesnt mean that he can be a jerk. "if you were born poor it is not your fault but if you die poor it is your fault"non of the things he said has a proof and even if one person belives him we lost a player from the community.there has to be a way we can report him for false advertising
      a) I guarantee Albion gains more than it loses from his videos. I think the guy is good for Albion.b)Sympathy is not the same word, nor does it have the same meaning, as the word responsibility. You can feel sympathy for those who are less fortunate than you and who make self-destructive choices while they are totally responsible for those choices and you are not. If you don't feel sympathy for these people, I feel sympathy for you.
      c)I've been playing roughly 1 month now. I've never heard of this guy until you brought him to my attention. Between you and him, he sounds far more reasonable. Further, my own experience verifies some of the points he makes.

I'll let you have the last word. I'm not one of those guys who endlessly fights to have the last say on a matter. Your motive appears to be a desire to control another person's ability to express himself because his thoughts are different than what you want people to think, which comes off as a bit hateful. Live and let live, my friend. Everyone loves the idea of being able to live and do what they like, but it is shocking how many people hate the idea of letting others do the same. I don't have a youtube account. I've never subscribed to a youtube channel. I will not reply to your next post, but if you say one more thing that sounds like "we must shut down all people who think or believe differently than us!" then my very next move is to subscribe to that guy's channel.
      you clearly dont get my point. im not here to fight anyone or tell someone what to do.
      Albion is a game that i love, this is why i brought this up at the first place. you might not see the game as i do since you are a new player.
      i see the hard work the devs are putting into the game an i dont want to let ANYONE no matter who they might be, destroy what they have built.
      I really dont care about you or swole, i care about the game and its progress. i wouldnt say anything if he was bringing good points with facts. but a guy with over 25k subs who is lieing to our community, i wont sit quietly.
      if you have nothing useful to say dont say it. nothing is personal here and this guy is a youtuber so he needs to be responsible for hes saying.
    • HEY GUYS, SWOLE GONADS HERE. THIS WEEK WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT HOW FARMING CARROTS FOR 4 HOURS A DAY IS AWESOME AND HOW TO TELL WHICH NEEDLES YOU FOUND IN THE PARK ARE OK TO REUSE!! DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE AS LONG AS YOU ARE A STRAIGHT NON-LIBERAL WOMAN HATER!!

The best thing you can do is bring as little attention to this trash persons little echo chamber community. That includes incessantly complaining that he exists.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • I dont see how is he a problem. He talks about the game as it is. Take for example his video about Avalonian Roads, hes not wrong at all, you cant do that stuff because Albion endgame is either joining ARCH or not playing the endgame at all because small guilds (such as mine), alliances or solo players have no chance.
      If you just feel the need to hate him because hes talking about the REAL state of the game or because he claims that hes THE celebrity of the game, well, you can do it but dont incentivate others to do it aswell just because "hes toxic and hes lying", being toxic is not a problem, after all this is an MMO game and toxicity will exist one way or another (like for example big guilds/alliances not letting half of the playerbase to do endgame content).
      If SwoleBenji bothers you, well, think about it after all a lot of ppl enjoy his videos and his tutorials have helped a lot of new players.