Personal opinion on 4/6 NDA changes

• Personal opinion on 4/6 NDA changes

I know the changes are not final but i wish to give my input on the changes and what i think would be better
      this is just a personal opinion. feel free to give feedback

Cultist Cowl.
      As it stands it is a mix between mage cowl and hunter hood
      but here is the problem
      it takes at least 4 actions before it deals as much / more then mage cowl
      and does not provide value as a defensive buff vs many players as a hunter hood

against fast attacking builds cultist cowls are a monster as fast casting builds/auto attacks builds would at least get in more than 4 actions before realizing that they have a debuff on them
      where else against one shot or poke builds such as dual dagger and badon and the like are barely affected by it

therefore it had its counters but in very specific scenarios

to make it competitive when reducing the duration to not make it so overbearing
      i suggest to increase the damage further than the small buff that you have placed.

• Inner Corruption (Cultist Cowl)
        • Debuff Duration: 7s -> 4s
        • Damage per Tick: 61.43 -> 67 (my suggestion is 90)

Knight armour
      to make knight armour viable but not over powered in certain senarios such as the many chokes in corrupted dungeons
      you made it into a stationary channel but (big but) you cut off so much power and not put enough back
      taking a look into other similar channel abilities such as void from maveloent lotus or armour of valor. knight armour lacks what it needs when sacrificing all of its mobility which is defensives

• Wind Wall (Knight Armor)
        • The ability is now a 6-second uninterruptible channel
        • Additionally, each time an enemy player enters the Wind Wall, the caster gets a buff that increases own resistances by 0.2 and Crowd Control Resistance by 0.3 for 6 seconds (stacks up to 5 times)
      i suggest while channeling the caster increases resistance by 0.8 and crowd control by 0.8 for 6 seconds upon cast and last even when canceling the channel early

this is because in this current iteration of wind wall you are essentialy useless while channeling besides being a wall which in any small scale (5&10) and ZvZ is fatal

this is because the commitment of channeling for the whole duration without moving or any form quote unquote benefit such as "purge/clense" of lotus or "silence/damage" of valor would put the caster in a very vulnerable position against ranged dps. at which point people would just prefer to go with other alternatives such as guardian and valor and use more mobile comps, other methods of reset
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • - Cultist cowl nerf is rather harsh, perhaps they should take it a bit lighter. Perhaps nerf duration 7s -> 5s and see what happens. Considering the Cultist cowl has rather long animation and limited range. It has become more popular recently but its not like god tier. Well what do i care, don't use it myself...

- They are turning KA 100% ZvZ armor. That will totally remove it from small scale and CD-s. Perhaps they should give the KA while channeling a small healing effect (minor, few hundred health at max, nothing like MercJ) so you could actually still use it in other content than group vs group. Resistance and CCR are rather marginal when playing any other content. I think they are forcing it way to strongly into zvz role and cutting it out of rest of the game.

I find it wrong that they are balancing both of those items just because of CD meta. Instead of addressing the CD itself and the problem of CD is unlimited area to run. Endless running and escaping is the problem that breaks certain items. These items were ok for years and all of the sudden they need to be nerfed into oblivion? Doesn't sound right.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • with the changes to cultist cowl the shortened time is much needed to enable some builds to be able to fight back

since as you all know hunter hood also became 4 seconds from 5 but was much stronger before the nerf to reflect damage and its uptime cultist was to fill in that gap left by hunter hood to some degree

but by shortening the time and not increasing its damage it would not be punishing enough for some builds that do not fully commit such as one shot or poke builds but still remain punishing for a few select builds that rely on fast attacks like bows

but as you all know the meta was never about reg bow or some brawler build it was always some poke or brawler build that can get in and out like frost and bloodletter and to an extent holy staff

also by reducing the duration by that much it will make things like cleric robe a semi good counter to it making cultist cowl more useless than it already is

therefore i suggest buffing the damage by that much to reflect its power as a relic item as well as its use as a do not do anything deterent.

also on a side note: can you buff its damage for the pve side so that it would at least match Mage cowl? or else it would just be flat out better for users to use mage cowl instead of cultist for damage
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • I don't understand the Cultist Cowl thing.
      1. If you want to shorten the duration because a 7 second debuff is too long to wait out for some builds, then fine, makes total sense, but whatever % you are shortening the buff to, you should increase the damage by the same amount. Reducing the duration by 40% but only increasing the damage by 9% is a pretty severe change.
      2. If such a severe change needs to happen, then how does this go unchecked for as long as it does? I mean, Cultist Cowl has been in its current state for as long as I can remember. If things are so OP, then why does it take years to address them? And if they are not that OP, then why do we feel the need to make such drastic changes?
    • One thing I notice about the new wind wall is that it now can be used as a CC block because of the uninterruptible channel (like valor).

It will be relevant in 2 v 2 HG where CC+dps vs CC+dps.

Even in CD, it can stilled be used to block various thing, so now you can somewhat brawl with it, unlike before where it only used for running. (It still can)
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Calesvol wrote:

If you want to shorten the duration because a 7 second debuff is too long to wait out for some builds, then fine, makes total sense, but whatever % you are shortening the buff to, you should increase the damage by the same amount. Reducing the duration by 40% but only increasing the damage by 9% is a pretty severe change.
      The cultist isn't just changed, it got nerfed.

Calesvol wrote:

If such a severe change needs to happen, then how does this go unchecked for as long as it does? I mean, Cultist Cowl has been in its current state for as long as I can remember. If things are so OP, then why does it take years to address them? And if they are not that OP, then why do we feel the need to make such drastic changes?
      The cultist cowl stay the same for a very long time, but other head piece got nerf severely relatively to it, so it's become very strong. Take the hunter hood, which is a cultist cowl counter, for example.

Hunter hood used to have 100% reflect (with buff from ability bonus), 5 sec duration, and 30 seconds cooldown. Now it's a flat 70% (can't be buffed), 4 sec duration, and 45 sec cooldown.

It gets to the current point now that hunter hood alone isn't even a counter anymore because of a much shorter duration and a longer cooldown (you can't block the second cultist)
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • I'm a nature healer doing mostly faction warfare and the change to Q and self healing sickness will definitely have a negative impact in my opinion. Using thorns mainly, because of this awful healing sickness. Nevertheless using Q1 was a viable defensive option as applying rejuvenation on yourself allows to sometimes escape situations, when you are chased. So to me it seems like taking away another option from nature?

Retroman wrote:

Misc - Self Healing Sickness
      To reduce the impact of Healers winning 1v1 fights by just outsustaining the opponent, we are increasing the up time of Self Healing Sickness. This also means that the game now "remembers" when you last healed yourself with a Q-Ability for 60s. The Self Healing Sickness is entirely tied to the Q-Abilities of Healers, to not impact solo healers who are playing a damage Q. If the healer heals Instead it should only be a detriment to solo healers who try to win a 1v1 by purely outlasting the opponent. If the healer heals another ally with a Q (if an ally is around) the Self Healing Sickness will be removed.
      • Holy Staffs
        • Self Healing Sickness Duration: 20s -> 60s
      • Nature Staffs
        • Self Healing Sickness Duration: 18s -> 60s