Honour Flagging in Black Zones

    • Honour Flagging in Black Zones

      The Black Zone is quite naturally dangerous (duh), but I had considered that it could benefit from an inverted system to the red zones.

      Anyone with a Noble or higher Reputation can choose to flag themselves as "Honourable".

      Interactions would work as such:

      Honourable sees other Honourable flagged players as Blue in black zones and cannot attack them.
      Honourable sees non-flagged players as Red and attackable
      Non-flagged players still see everyone as Red and attackable

      This is a flagging that does not impact the danger of the black zone. Anyone going there with an intent to kill can attack anyone regardless of the flag.

      What the flagging does is prevent two people who have actively flagged from attacking each other. The intent of the flagging is so two non-aggressive parties can enforce that non-aggression with game mechanics.

      Basically it stops two non-aggressive parties from needing to be wary of each other (though still being aware that a non-aggressor could be giving away your location on discord ofc)


      I don't know if this will be a popular idea, as it brings slightly more safety to a black zone. Though it's perceived safety, as two people who'd flag probably wouldn't have attacked each other anyway, they'd just have to have been wary/run.

      Just throwing it out as a concept anyway, and something extra to do with the reputation system.
    • I would not call it honorable, but instead " Cowardly ".

      This could be easily exploitable and either way : Nope.

      Black zone is supposed to be hardcore, not a god damn playground for little children. I know, with hideouts, it´s playground for kids, but still - it doesn´t need to be worse than that.

      BZ as it is, is an absolute joke when it comes to safety. Hideouts everywhere, roads on every map, ganking weapons were nerfed to the ground, swiftclaw speed was decreased. No need to make it even worse.
      BZ is extremely safe, it´s just that some players REFUSE to learn even basics about pvp and how to escape from gankers, which in fact is - extremely simple.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • I like this idea a lot, because it's so difficult to talk with anyone in the open world in this game, since it requires to write (there is no chance to use vocal chat) and exposes you a lot. No one ever tries to respect a code (or even roleplay) and social dynamics are heavily deteriorated by the fact there isn't almost any chance of normal interaction with non purple people met in the black zones.

      Staying in the black zones for a long time is very estranging unless you live in a very large alliance, and even in that case, leaving your zones never lets you know anyone outside of a ganking situation, which I think is wrong.

      EDIT:

      Borbarad wrote:

      I would not call it honorable, but instead " Cowardly ".

      This could be easily exploitable and either way : Nope.

      Black zone is supposed to be hardcore, not a god damn playground for little children. I know, with hideouts, it´s playground for kids, but still - it doesn´t need to be worse than that.

      BZ as it is, is an absolute joke when it comes to safety. Hideouts everywhere, roads on every map, ganking weapons were nerfed to the ground, swiftclaw speed was decreased. No need to make it even worse.
      BZ is extremely safe, it´s just that some players REFUSE to learn even basics about pvp and how to escape from gankers, which in fact is - extremely simple.
      I also think forest of Hideouts in the middle of the maps are a joke and worsen the black zones environment. Imho they should be between maps (with peculiar rules), as I've already written in an old thread (I hope I'm quoting it right ^^ ) Royal Routes Ideas
      BZ is not safe enough to let you know and talk to people. In a realistic situation you should be able to see if someone is approaching you with an unsheathed sword, or is just hiding a knife.
      This flagging might even be 8x faster than the royal one, giving you a "draw weapons" status lasting 30 seconds when you do so. If you attack (and/or kill) players with this status active, you lose "black zone reputation". Black zone reputation does not give any debuff, but just reports players who are known non chivalrous players.
      (Black zone reputation may recover slowly with time)

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Paercyfal ().

    • Borbarad wrote:

      I would not call it honorable, but instead " Cowardly ".

      This could be easily exploitable and either way : Nope.

      Black zone is supposed to be hardcore, not a god damn playground for little children. I know, with hideouts, it´s playground for kids, but still - it doesn´t need to be worse than that.

      BZ as it is, is an absolute joke when it comes to safety. Hideouts everywhere, roads on every map, ganking weapons were nerfed to the ground, swiftclaw speed was decreased. No need to make it even worse.
      BZ is extremely safe, it´s just that some players REFUSE to learn even basics about pvp and how to escape from gankers, which in fact is - extremely simple.
      I'd be interested to hear how it would be exploited to anyone but the PKs benefit.

      The rest reads like you may not have understood the post. Do you believe gankers would be less able to attack these people? It adds zero extra defense from hostile players.
    • Hackeysack wrote:

      Let's stop trying to kill the black zone even more. Let's not add any useless flagging mechanic that goes against the point of the continent.
      I don't see the "point of the continent".
      I think the best and funniest part of this game (and its most original one) is to see social phenomena happen: people making caravans to move goods and people becoming bandits to steal those goods, people organizing in groups, making insurances, armies to defend economic interests and economic systems to sustain armies, etc.

      What people need to do and create things, ideas and communities, which anchor them to stay in the game is communicating.
      I even play in a huge alliance which gives me a lot of protection when I stay in the outlands, and I play in the outlands the most of my time in the game.
      The 99% of non allies players i encounter adventuring the outlands or the ROA, even far from my territories, are gankers, zvzers or people trying to survive to them.
      There are so many people playing this game but very few reach the last part of the game, adventuring the outlands as I do, and it is so dangerous and estranging that most of them quit immediately after, or keeps playing in the royal continent and leave the game after some weeks.

      This is because adventuring any BZ is very risky and pvp intensive. HCE and faction war are far economically less risky (for a new player) and funnier, expecially because you reach to know new people.

      Guild leaders and officers may be able to play their political game, but 99% of the players are completely unable to know new people or express any thought in the outlands to anyone, which is a feature really precious to have, for a role-playing game (even if MMO).

      It would be really funny to see people flagged as "well intentioned" in the outlands, start a conversation, and maybe after entering a dungeon, or having found a too large loot, see them drawing their weapon and start a fight. It's a realistic situation, it is not a simple and always "you die or I do" annoying situation.
      Being able to talk to someone who is "good" flagged, and would give you a couple of seconds to resume the controls and escape or fight while writing, would improve A LOT this game, where people can jump 15 m and skill shot you from 30m.

      This said, the Idea was that anyone enters a BZ as not flagged, and doesnt get any debuffs or ANYTHING attacking flagged people. It's just flagged cannot attack each others.
    • Albion needs a real criminality system, current system sucks and is basically a glorified "enable/disable PVP" in royals with actual punishment. and make it so in BZ you suffer less or no punishment, but remove the "you are red to everyone" part that makes newbies scared of going to BZ, thinking that everyone there is going to kill them for no reason.
    • Paercyfal wrote:

      Hackeysack wrote:

      Let's stop trying to kill the black zone even more. Let's not add any useless flagging mechanic that goes against the point of the continent.
      I don't see the "point of the continent".I think the best and funniest part of this game (and its most original one) is to see social phenomena happen: people making caravans to move goods and people becoming bandits to steal those goods, people organizing in groups, making insurances, armies to defend economic interests and economic systems to sustain armies, etc.

      What people need to do and create things, ideas and communities, which anchor them to stay in the game is communicating.
      I even play in a huge alliance which gives me a lot of protection when I stay in the outlands, and I play in the outlands the most of my time in the game.
      The 99% of non allies players i encounter adventuring the outlands or the ROA, even far from my territories, are gankers, zvzers or people trying to survive to them.
      There are so many people playing this game but very few reach the last part of the game, adventuring the outlands as I do, and it is so dangerous and estranging that most of them quit immediately after, or keeps playing in the royal continent and leave the game after some weeks.

      This is because adventuring any BZ is very risky and pvp intensive. HCE and faction war are far economically less risky (for a new player) and funnier, expecially because you reach to know new people.

      Guild leaders and officers may be able to play their political game, but 99% of the players are completely unable to know new people or express any thought in the outlands to anyone, which is a feature really precious to have, for a role-playing game (even if MMO).

      It would be really funny to see people flagged as "well intentioned" in the outlands, start a conversation, and maybe after entering a dungeon, or having found a too large loot, see them drawing their weapon and start a fight. It's a realistic situation, it is not a simple and always "you die or I do" annoying situation.
      Being able to talk to someone who is "good" flagged, and would give you a couple of seconds to resume the controls and escape or fight while writing, would improve A LOT this game, where people can jump 15 m and skill shot you from 30m.

      This said, the Idea was that anyone enters a BZ as not flagged, and doesnt get any debuffs or ANYTHING attacking flagged people. It's just flagged cannot attack each others.
      (Sorry I'm on mobile atm so idk really how to break quotes down individually. So sorry for the messy post.)

      I only play the black zone with a small scale guild because royals flagging and reputation isn't a mechanic we enjoy. (I know this suggestion said no downsides to rep)

      "I don't see the point of the continent"

      This is what I meant when I said that:" (from wiki)
      "In black zones, full loot PvP is automatically enabled and there is no flagging system. All players may freely engage in PvP against each other, excluding their guild, alliance, and party without incurring reputation loss."

      Obviously you and I both know the mechanics of the black zone but by definition of the black zone, flagless is a feature there and I believe it should stay like this.

      People still do caravan armies. I see them happen a lot especially before reset days and roads guilds do them a lot to transport their roads chests loot to town or gear to ho zone.

      "There are so many people playing this game but very few reach the last part of the game, adventuring the outlands as I do, and it is so dangerous and estranging that most of them quit immediately after, or keeps playing in the royal continent and leave the game after some weeks."

      I think that's just how it will be no matter what since gear fear is something people have to understand. Some new players don't even know about the outlands portal existing.

      "This is because adventuring any BZ is very risky and pvp intensive"
      By design: that's how it should be to acquire higher tier gear and reward. Risk and reward is the black zone. (Minus the badly balanced hos, practically removing the risks for bigger coalitions)


      This said, the Idea was that anyone enters a BZ as not flagged, and doesnt get any debuffs or ANYTHING attacking flagged people. It's just flagged cannot attack each other.

      1) why should people have more safety in the black zone? If you like flagged mechanics, stay in royals.

      2) Just like royals, "blues" will all just swarm up on the reds anyways. There will be no friendly fire while attacking reds. This won't be exactly the same black zone if implemented.

      3) you shouldn't know who could be your allies outside from the guild / alliance / parties.
    • Hackeysack wrote:



      2) Just like royals, "blues" will all just swarm up on the reds anyways. There will be no friendly fire while attacking reds. This won't be exactly the same black zone if implemented.
      I can't say I agree with most of the post, but I can agree here. AoEs not hitting would indeed pose a problem.


      When you mentioned Guild/Alliance. It does make me wonder. We're talking of not wanting to make the Black Zone any safer, but these two concepts already make it much safer, depending on the guild/alliance.

      I suppose this may be the core issue though. Large guilds and alliances provide multiple safe areas for their members in the BZ. This means your best bet is to join one of these instead of joining a smaller/newer guild. Then everyone starts complaining about these mega-alliances dominating the black zone as if it's not just people picking the best option if they want to enter what is roughly 40% of the game world without literally everyone attempting to kill them.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      I would not call it honorable, but instead " Cowardly ".

      This could be easily exploitable and either way : Nope.

      Black zone is supposed to be hardcore, not a god damn playground for little children. I know, with hideouts, it´s playground for kids, but still - it doesn´t need to be worse than that.

      BZ as it is, is an absolute joke when it comes to safety. Hideouts everywhere, roads on every map, ganking weapons were nerfed to the ground, swiftclaw speed was decreased. No need to make it even worse.
      BZ is extremely safe, it´s just that some players REFUSE to learn even basics about pvp and how to escape from gankers, which in fact is - extremely simple.
      this guy saying BZ is "EXTREMLY SAFE" i realy don't know if what's inside of his imagination i wonder what ..

      when hundreds, thousands of player dying every day in BZ in all kind of contents. there even dying infront of their HO's door. i realy don't understand how this new born baby thinks about BZ is so extremly safe? i mean on what basis? are you smoking kid?

      if you want a total HARDCORE place a total dangerous place why don't you just remove the HO, remove the REST place, remove the outland banks, unable to party to anyone when in BZ all player are individual, reduce the inventory capacity. no name tag apears in hp bar so thal all you might see people in BZ are all enemy. lets see what you can do on that place you wish for..

      you are so exagerated so i'll exagerate it for you.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      LordNrixx wrote:

      i realy don't understand how this new born baby thinks about BZ is so extremly safe? i mean on what basis? are you smoking kid?
      anyone that has actually played the game knows that being flagged up in the royals is far more dangerous than running around the black zone
      Yep. BZ is rather empty and nobody cares about you until it´s like a persistent group of gankers when you are wearing gucci gear - and even then, once you exit zone, unless your mount is super slow, they are just gona.

      Royals on the other hand , if you are flagged as pk, you will have bunch of shitters following you in 4.1 gear, constantly bothering you.

      And in BZ, there is just tons of ways to escape. And since ganking got nerfed severaly, it´s easier to escape than ever. Not to mention roads everywhere if you are being botherd by a group - you just zone in, and ez.

      And this LordNrixx just lacks even basic reasoning.
      You say it´s not safe cause hundreds or thousands of people are dying in BZ everyday ? :D Why don´t you think first before even typing something like that ?

      BZ is extremely safe if you know what you are doing. It´s almost impossible to die unless you make lot of mistakes. When you die, it´s on you - because you made a mistake.
      And if you don´t make a mistake, you can run around BZ like a king, pretty much immortal.

      Just because noobs die, it doesn´t mean anything - since they can´t even play the game and they dont know the basic mechanics.

      like when i do solo ganking, or solo gathering while killing other gatherers, majority of them have no idea what abilities to use - even in T8 zone. They probably never even heard of Purge.And these people then complain how BZ is unfair and to nerf ganking, despite them not willing to learn what to do to not get ganked - even though that´s extremely simple and easy.

      I solo killed hundreds of gatherers and you know what is funny ? I probably killed like at least 95% gatherers i engaged in fight with - and i don´t play in red zones, but in BZ, T8, T7 at least, so one could say people should understand something about the game. But do they ? No.
      And that´s despite the fact there are builds that essentially grants you 100% survability against solo gankers. You can escape while literally being blindfolded.

      So don´t tell me the black zone is not safe and escaping from gankers is hard.
      Those that actually learnt basics mechanics of the game have no issues escaping from anyone - though yes, it´s easier complaining on forum : p
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Fusionbomb wrote:

      LordNrixx wrote:

      i realy don't understand how this new born baby thinks about BZ is so extremly safe? i mean on what basis? are you smoking kid?
      anyone that has actually played the game knows that being flagged up in the royals is far more dangerous than running around the black zone
      Yep. BZ is rather empty and nobody cares about you until it´s like a persistent group of gankers when you are wearing gucci gear - and even then, once you exit zone, unless your mount is super slow, they are just gona.
      Royals on the other hand , if you are flagged as pk, you will have bunch of shitters following you in 4.1 gear, constantly bothering you.

      And in BZ, there is just tons of ways to escape. And since ganking got nerfed severaly, it´s easier to escape than ever. Not to mention roads everywhere if you are being botherd by a group - you just zone in, and ez.

      And this LordNrixx just lacks even basic reasoning.
      You say it´s not safe cause hundreds or thousands of people are dying in BZ everyday ? :D Why don´t you think first before even typing something like that ?

      BZ is extremely safe if you know what you are doing. It´s almost impossible to die unless you make lot of mistakes. When you die, it´s on you - because you made a mistake.
      And if you don´t make a mistake, you can run around BZ like a king, pretty much immortal.

      Just because noobs die, it doesn´t mean anything - since they can´t even play the game and they dont know the basic mechanics.

      like when i do solo ganking, or solo gathering while killing other gatherers, majority of them have no idea what abilities to use - even in T8 zone. They probably never even heard of Purge.And these people then complain how BZ is unfair and to nerf ganking, despite them not willing to learn what to do to not get ganked - even though that´s extremely simple and easy.

      I solo killed hundreds of gatherers and you know what is funny ? I probably killed like at least 95% gatherers i engaged in fight with - and i don´t play in red zones, but in BZ, T8, T7 at least, so one could say people should understand something about the game. But do they ? No.
      And that´s despite the fact there are builds that essentially grants you 100% survability against solo gankers. You can escape while literally being blindfolded.

      So don´t tell me the black zone is not safe and escaping from gankers is hard.
      Those that actually learnt basics mechanics of the game have no issues escaping from anyone - though yes, it´s easier complaining on forum : p
      yo! you will never can prove to me a place that can do something like killings are "EXTREMELY SAFE" i dare you. you CANNOT prove it to me.

      (Blue Zones) - no one can kill you even you kill your own mother in real life in blue zone you can:t kill anyone unless the game allow it. and thats the perfect example how you use "extremely safe"

      safe places are places where you can leave your character afk like hideout, city, islands.. thats what i have understand on the statement of being "extremly safe"

      don't explain to me how to survive in BZ its useless i mean its baseless, its trash no meaning at all. why should i bother to survive in a place that you call "extremely safe"? LOL this is so hilarious really dude??

      are you an english guy or no? i'm not american but i clearly understand what "extremly safe" mean is..

      don't use such terminology in not suitable manners. you are just exagerating things nothing more. (period)