Fun as long as it lasted. This game is not for casuals.

    • The fame you've acquired still persist even if you die. A couple of journals, or fishing gear, it's something you can buy back easily.

      However I'd recommend you to join a guild brother, there are many kinds of them. Not every guild will force you to do something, but all offer you content. Or even better, their own Hideouts in the black zone / ava roads, and there you can fish!.

      If you want to lose your fear to death, sadly there is just one thing you can do: die. But die smart, not with all you have, but with something you wouldn't miss.

      Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Xithmeister wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      Xithmeister wrote:

      I've been playing Albion for about 2 months now and been enjoying it as a casual thing. Doing dungeons, gathering, crafting. trying different "classes", trying to find a aspect of the game I could sink my teeth into. Farming on the island and playing the economy game has been my favourite part so far, I just wish there were more farming plots. Anyway couple of days ago I got into fishing. It is a nice and relaxing thing to do while binging Netflix, and it is an active thing I could do in game whereas farming is a once per day thing.
      I've been staying away from red, and black zones because I'm not a big fan of "loose everything on death" games unless it is a rougelike game when you progress in someway when you die. But I've reached a point where i could start fishing in a T6 zone. So I'would try it out see how it is. Who the hell wants to gang a fisherman anyway. After fishing peacefully for 3 hours I got steamrolled by some players, lost the fish, my journals, and the gear I've been gathering and crafting over the last 2 months. I guess there is no exception for non-combat players everyone gets ganked. I havent felt this bad about a game death ever, that was devestating, seeing weeks of work put into a character disappear in few seconds. This is the first time I've uninstalled a game after a loss ingame.
      Anyway, I hope at somepoint there will be a way to progress to some sort of endgame for casuals like me.

      Over and out.
      Xith

      PS: endgame for me was reaching T8 and do farming/fishing, maybe explore other aspects of the game after reaching T8.
      Honestly, can you please explain me why do you even think of trying a game labeled as "hardcore full loot pvp mmorpg" to call yourself a "non combat player"???There are so many other pve, crafting and gathering focused mmorpg where pvp is either optional or non existant, yet you choose this game, the last "hardcore" full loot pvp dedicated mmorpg to play, and then complain because you got killed, in an open world full loot hardcore mmorpg...

      There is a trend of new players coming into albion, that play for a few weeks/months, doesn't adapt to the game style, and then come in here to complain about how they belive the game is badly designed. Why can't you pick any of the millions of pve dedicated games?

      The worst part is SBI is actually listening to this casual temporary playerbase, which will leave this game as soon as new world or any other shitty wow clone mmo comes out, and they are making stupid changes which are ruining the game's core.

      Like the removal of full loot in factioned fights for yellow and green maps.

      This game is all about losing all your stuff, over and over again, getting used to it, learning different builds to survive and fight, the true endgame comes when you can build yourself out of shit you've looted from dead corpses. Specially if you are in a big guild in black zone conquering whole maps.

      If you ever expected this game to be a good plain pve, or gathering simulator this is not the game for you.
      If you've read through the post you would have seen, that I play on Linux atm. I used to play WoW, GTA5, and Wticher on Windows, but my Windows PC died. Because of the chip shortage I still havent recieved my new Windows PC and wont until like september. My linux laptop is an old one and is build for software development therefor it has a GPU that can only run games that dont require much.It ended up being a choice between Runescape or Ablion. For some reason I could not get Runescape to work.

      I really enjoyed the player housing and the economy/crafting/gatherer aspect of Albion.

      I do not mind the full loot PvP system is in the game and I do not think it should be removed, maybe at some point I would have tried it.
      A good game usually has many different ways to "beat" it of reach the endgame. It is so cool that Albion support so many different play styles. Except for it doesnt after T5 (in my experience). I wish there was a way to opt out of the full loot PvP and only join in when you are ready. Like before WoW introduced "War Mode" there were PvE and PvP servers. I started out on PvE, but eventually played on PvP because after I learned how to play the game I wanted to try everything that it had to offer.

      Im not here to advocated to remove the core aspect of Albion (Full Loot). Im just here to tell about my experience as a new player and I would most likely have continued playing if there was a more smooth transition into full loot PvP and I could join it when I wanted to.

      But dont worry about me, I will go try Ashes of Creation when i get my Windows PC.

      PS: I made my first post in the heat of the moment, so it might have had a negative tone towards full loot PvP. But full loot is not the problem. Maybe if I could do "active" stuff on my island like farming or something else I would have just played that part of the game until I would have had enough silver for a decent T8 build and at that point I would have minded loosing all my stuff because I would have had a steady income from my island to eventually get a new set of gear. Would be nice if I could somehow have upgraded the water around my island so I could eventually get the basic higher tier fish.
      But that's my exact point, the game advertises as full loot hardcore pvp mmo, you did know there was no smooth transition, you did know you might survive as a crafter o gatherer but the whole core and design revolves around pvp, so why do you even try anyway? You could have been farming endlessly in other games with no pvp interactions what so ever.

      There are litterally thousands of strictly pve or gathering/crafting dedicated mmos out there, but full loot pvp dedicated mmos? I'd say this is the last one, until profane comes out eventually, so I get really annoying when new players come in here to trash this game's pvp, if you don't like it, go play something else, you have options, we don't. (By we I mean people who play mmos to participate in competetive pvp, or full loot)

      Something else thats really funny to me is, most full crafters complain about all the pvp going on in albion, but what they don't understand is that this huge player driven market, only works well because of all the full loot pvp going on, without it, market would just implode.
    • CassX wrote:

      You can also kill bosses solo, with a slightly different variant (all chests for you!).It is also very good to faction ON, easy points = extra profit.
      Who would go to BZ when in YZ it's much easier and most importantly safe! :P
      Aye, many weapon variations can do this, but none like the Oathkeeper’s, you can legit afk fame farm and never die.
      As for bosses, I can easily solo up to T5.2 but anything beyond 5.1 group dungeon bosses aren’t worth it fake per hour or risk of death for repair, better to blitz the group dungeons for mobs to increase fame if soloing higher than T5.2 Group Dungeon Maps. ;)
      http://i68.tinypic.com/2guwopw.png
    • Yellow Zones were meant to be an introduction to PvP. But they're very badly designed in that aspect as you lose nothing when you get knocked out and the killer loses a ton of reputation. As such, no one ever PvPs in these zones (I mean, they do, but it's infrequent enough that I haven't ever been knocked down, even while afk).

      T6+ progression needs to be dangerous. Look at the price difference in items for these tiers. T4 weapons sell for roughly 500-1k silver, T6 sell for about 15-20k. If you could gather these items safely, they'd be in the 500-1k range too if not for their progressive refining costs. But the result would be that T8 gear would have no extra profit over T4, since it would have no risk.

      Corrupted Dungeons provide a better introduction to PvP, along with Faction Warefare. A lot of players look down on these, but as these have no-loot options, they give players a PvP environment to learn without large costs, providing a scaling progression. Me and my friend moved from Faction Warfare, to Corrupted Dungeons in Yellows, to Yellow 2v2 Hellgates, Red/Black Corrupted Dungeons and finally 2v2 Lethal Hellgates.
      This has provided a very smooth experience where we got to learn weapon abilities, gain skills and get comfortable with PvP.

      We even started using Roads as a primer to Black Zone gathering (ironic, I know). But by this point we had adopted the philosophy of having loadouts and multiple sets of the same gear, to minimize any feeling of loss. As we continue, we'll slowly be able to equip higher tier gear for these zones without feeling the impact on death. But we also understand that the full loot is necessary. It makes loot valuable, it makes PvP rewarding and it literally fuels the entire economy.

      If I had a suggestion for the game, it would be some tutorials on this loss, so people aren't surprised. I'd also say they should refine the loadout system to make it as smooth as possible. Being able to buy/buy order sets of items on the auction house via a loadout would help a lot too, as this would be better utilised by players who aren't ready to stash multiple sets, or just can't afford to.

      As a final note though, if you're in dangerous zones, do as others mentioned. Bank early and often. The fact that you managed to fish out in the red/black zones for 3 hours before dying is amazing in itself. I generally gather for a maximum of 30 minutes before banking. This alone would have minimized the feeling of loss.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Fikule ().

    • It's a computer game. None of it matters. Lose your stuff? Go get more, big deal, it's part of the game, you can literally build yourself up from 0 in a few hours at most. Bank frequently and play the game. Don't just cry about losing stuff when you literally ignored every sign post in the game.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • Xithmeister wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      Xithmeister wrote:

      I've been playing Albion for about 2 months now and been enjoying it as a casual thing. Doing dungeons, gathering, crafting. trying different "classes", trying to find a aspect of the game I could sink my teeth into. Farming on the island and playing the economy game has been my favourite part so far, I just wish there were more farming plots. Anyway couple of days ago I got into fishing. It is a nice and relaxing thing to do while binging Netflix, and it is an active thing I could do in game whereas farming is a once per day thing.
      I've been staying away from red, and black zones because I'm not a big fan of "loose everything on death" games unless it is a rougelike game when you progress in someway when you die. But I've reached a point where i could start fishing in a T6 zone. So I'would try it out see how it is. Who the hell wants to gang a fisherman anyway. After fishing peacefully for 3 hours I got steamrolled by some players, lost the fish, my journals, and the gear I've been gathering and crafting over the last 2 months. I guess there is no exception for non-combat players everyone gets ganked. I havent felt this bad about a game death ever, that was devestating, seeing weeks of work put into a character disappear in few seconds. This is the first time I've uninstalled a game after a loss ingame.
      Anyway, I hope at somepoint there will be a way to progress to some sort of endgame for casuals like me.

      Over and out.
      Xith

      PS: endgame for me was reaching T8 and do farming/fishing, maybe explore other aspects of the game after reaching T8.
      Honestly, can you please explain me why do you even think of trying a game labeled as "hardcore full loot pvp mmorpg" to call yourself a "non combat player"???There are so many other pve, crafting and gathering focused mmorpg where pvp is either optional or non existant, yet you choose this game, the last "hardcore" full loot pvp dedicated mmorpg to play, and then complain because you got killed, in an open world full loot hardcore mmorpg...

      There is a trend of new players coming into albion, that play for a few weeks/months, doesn't adapt to the game style, and then come in here to complain about how they belive the game is badly designed. Why can't you pick any of the millions of pve dedicated games?

      The worst part is SBI is actually listening to this casual temporary playerbase, which will leave this game as soon as new world or any other shitty wow clone mmo comes out, and they are making stupid changes which are ruining the game's core.

      Like the removal of full loot in factioned fights for yellow and green maps.

      This game is all about losing all your stuff, over and over again, getting used to it, learning different builds to survive and fight, the true endgame comes when you can build yourself out of shit you've looted from dead corpses. Specially if you are in a big guild in black zone conquering whole maps.

      If you ever expected this game to be a good plain pve, or gathering simulator this is not the game for you.
      If you've read through the post you would have seen, that I play on Linux atm. I used to play WoW, GTA5, and Wticher on Windows, but my Windows PC died. Because of the chip shortage I still havent recieved my new Windows PC and wont until like september. My linux laptop is an old one and is build for software development therefor it has a GPU that can only run games that dont require much.It ended up being a choice between Runescape or Ablion. For some reason I could not get Runescape to work.

      I really enjoyed the player housing and the economy/crafting/gatherer aspect of Albion.

      I do not mind the full loot PvP system is in the game and I do not think it should be removed, maybe at some point I would have tried it.
      A good game usually has many different ways to "beat" it of reach the endgame. It is so cool that Albion support so many different play styles. Except for it doesnt after T5 (in my experience). I wish there was a way to opt out of the full loot PvP and only join in when you are ready. Like before WoW introduced "War Mode" there were PvE and PvP servers. I started out on PvE, but eventually played on PvP because after I learned how to play the game I wanted to try everything that it had to offer.

      Im not here to advocated to remove the core aspect of Albion (Full Loot). Im just here to tell about my experience as a new player and I would most likely have continued playing if there was a more smooth transition into full loot PvP and I could join it when I wanted to.

      But dont worry about me, I will go try Ashes of Creation when i get my Windows PC.

      PS: I made my first post in the heat of the moment, so it might have had a negative tone towards full loot PvP. But full loot is not the problem. Maybe if I could do "active" stuff on my island like farming or something else I would have just played that part of the game until I would have had enough silver for a decent T8 build and at that point I would have minded loosing all my stuff because I would have had a steady income from my island to eventually get a new set of gear. Would be nice if I could somehow have upgraded the water around my island so I could eventually get the basic higher tier fish.
      You know whats even funnier? I just realized you said "I will go try ashes of creation" so you are here complaining about a game you didn't enjoy, yet you admit in a few months you won't be even playing this game anymore.

      Wtf is up with this trend of pve players who jump from pvp game to another asking for wild changes, to then leave the game for the next new thing, don't you realise sometimes this devs fall for it, and do this stupid changes, destroy their own product, players get abandoned and it's all for nothing because at the end of the month this same pve oriented players who asked for changes left anyway?
    • I realize this advice might be late, but fishing in T6 is not worth the risk. T6 fish aren't all that much more valuable, and you make quite nearly the same amount of money fishing T5 and suffer no risk.

      The time to start fishing in the redzone is when you are ready to Fish T7 zones, there you have the opportunity to catch T7 rare fish, which can really increase your profitability. In some cases and with good RNG, you can almost double your income, but it does come with the additional risk.
      Max Spec Fishing, Leather, Quarterstaff, Off-Hand Torches
      Almost Max Spec Bows, Daggers, Nature Staff
    • Varkuun wrote:

      fishing for 3 hrs without banking your asking for trouble
      Right, i mean you got lucky when you got away with it...very lucky.

      Before the map update, I used to fish in Murkweald....some days you could just fishing around the pond around and around with nary an encounter....other days were like. That's it, this is stupid....I am OUTA here.
      Max Spec Fishing, Leather, Quarterstaff, Off-Hand Torches
      Almost Max Spec Bows, Daggers, Nature Staff
    • Hi. I am a casual player too. I play only 1-3h per week. Now i have 80m silvers in my acc after 2 years of playing. I used to have 300m I think but zvz cost alot of silvers. the only problem in this game is that if u are very casual like me, it is hard to find a good zvz guild since most of the good guild requires u to play 5-10 zvz each weeks so it will be 10+h each week for only zvz
    • ZzzDevilVNzzZ wrote:

      Hi. I am a casual player too. I play only 1-3h per week. Now i have 80m silvers in my acc after 2 years of playing. I used to have 300m I think but zvz cost alot of silvers. the only problem in this game is that if u are very casual like me, it is hard to find a good zvz guild since most of the good guild requires u to play 5-10 zvz each weeks so it will be 10+h each week for only zvz
      My dude then do i have the content for you

      Faction Zvzs!
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

      discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • It's Okay to die bro. Just have fun if you are casual. Don't do something risky if you will feel bad or get mad. I played albion since march 2020 and it's been after 3 months i go out to red / black zone. If i don't have money. I just gather in blue/yellow zone.
      [color=#008000][b]PIYEL[/b][/color]
    • I'm casual. I find no reason to rush into anything. Which is what I like about albion it's not in my face forcing me to stay longer than I need. An economy based game when played efficiently doesn't require large sums of time.

      Slow down. Stop trying to be top of the top and just enjoy the game. Something for everyone
    • As someone who plays this causally i disagree strongly. This game and the focus specifically is built for players who play casually. Limiting the crafting/refining money making into something locked behind time wall really benefits those who does not play that much. And to the point of T6 and up for fishing. To be exact the fishing is only gathering skill which you could in theory with enough time get max spec in from yellow zone. All other gathering professions need specific tier resources, but not fishing. Could basically do it on your player island.