What do you do versus runners in Hellgates?

• What do you do versus runners in Hellgates?

I'm returning to the game and relatively new. But what do you do versus runners in hellgates?

You down their ally, and they run. Their weapon has a movement ability, boots have movement, and usually some third form of movement too. My weapon inherently has no movement, so they can indefinitely outrun me.

Then they either wait until they are full hp, or wait until their ally gets back up. Then they try again. They go down again? More running.

Are weapons with movement abilities just a requirement for hellhates? even if you yourself don't intend to run? We tend to find the enemy with a runner gets 2-3 attempts at the same fight, we only get one.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

How come there's lava and people still complaining about other people running around ??????
      It's more a non-lethal hellgate issue.

The lava is slow enough that the map is still very large in the time it takes their ally to get back up.

For now we've just swapped to movement abilities and started doing the run around. We win a lot more, but it feels cheap.
    • Fikule wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

How come there's lava and people still complaining about other people running around ??????
      It's more a non-lethal hellgate issue.
      The lava is slow enough that the map is still very large in the time it takes their ally to get back up.

For now we've just swapped to movement abilities and started doing the run around. We win a lot more, but it feels cheap.
      Non lethal have slower lava ? I'm certain it comes in just the same speed as lethal one.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Fikule wrote:

Sorry, I mean it's a non-lethal issue in the sense that the running is to let your partner get back up for another attempt. In a lethal they're.. not getting back up :P
      Then it's not that different then.

If your weapon doesn't have any movement then I'm guessing you are running holy + curse. and the one running is CC of a CC+DPS pair.

In lethal HG, holy + dps also have to survive 2-4 attempt waiting for the lava to kill CC+DPS.

For non lethal HG specifically, you can still kill the much faster surviving CC relatively quickly after knocking down one, because you have 2 people. Split up and corner him.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.