Mace Meta is PURE BS

• Mace Meta is PURE BS

Retroman,

People are mad and this is worse than quarterstaff.

1) They can teleport all around the map with their W & E and there is nothing you can do to get away from them.
      2) They dump their entire combo into you and you are stunned the entire duration. When Caerleon cape came out with a 45 second CD i knew this would eventually be a problem.
      3) They are 100% safe thanks to bop helmet and assassin jacket.
      4) Due to short CD's on their W they have infinite reset
      5) All Mace Abilities hit extremely hard.

Currently there are no great ways to counter assassin jacket. People are trying to use valor helm and sticky pots but the aoe range is too small to be effective.
      BOP Helmet (Cloth Helmet Skill 2) continues to be a huge problem in CD's and has been a very popular choice of all no-skill losers that play QS and Mace.
      Being stunned the entire duration of their combo allows no counter play.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Painball ().

• AntonARD wrote:

Yeah is strong, but it absolute destroys full kite - infinite resets Bow players and Frosts, so im ok with it.

I hate full Kite Bows with unhealthy passion
      Is anyone still playing Bows though ? And yeah, the new E on frost made frost worse for Fighting frost and made it easier for Escape Frost - which sucks.

Either way, you know why it destroys full kite? Because mace is .. full kite. It just pokes a bit, run away, pokes a bit etc. It´s like quarterstaff, but in a way it´s actually even worse.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • j0ei wrote:

Might as well remove all the spells that have mobility in the game no? People are gonna cry about anything that can keep distance / escape / close gaps.

1v1 Balancing is ruining the game for other types of content
      you don't see where the problem is .. Every game I've played and I've never seen anything like that where one weapon has heavy CC and DMG .. it has no right to work well .. CC or DMG never both..
      E has an iframe which gives you free engage and nothing you can do about it .. for this BOOP helm and kite potential .. if you are not frost or something that has hela tons mobiity and healing then maybe you will survive somehow.
    • Quagga wrote:

you don't see where the problem is .. Every game I've played and I've never seen anything like that where one weapon has heavy CC and DMG .. it has no right to work well .. CC or DMG never both..E has an iframe which gives you free engage and nothing you can do about it .. for this BOOP helm and kite potential .. if you are not frost or something that has hela tons mobiity and healing then maybe you will survive somehow.
      What do you mean by I don't see where the problem is? If you revert all the nerfed weapons do you think mace will still be the meta? Hell no, this mace build only became meta after the previous weapons mentioned got nerfed lmao.
    • I might be new and not know much of the meta but as a CC weapon, mace has silence, mobility, very long snare and plenty of damage. Plus unlocks a plenty of content:
      Avalonian dungeons, HCE, ZvZ, Hellgates, Corrupted Dungeons: pretty much any content in the game that requires a tank or a meta weapon. Most of the maces are really decent.

Is there a situation in the game where specializing in hammers is worth? Because it looks to me that for any new tank, most of hammers are not meta for anything and far less worth than maces.
    • j0ei wrote:

Quagga wrote:

you don't see where the problem is .. Every game I've played and I've never seen anything like that where one weapon has heavy CC and DMG .. it has no right to work well .. CC or DMG never both..E has an iframe which gives you free engage and nothing you can do about it .. for this BOOP helm and kite potential .. if you are not frost or something that has hela tons mobiity and healing then maybe you will survive somehow.
      What do you mean by I don't see where the problem is? If you revert all the nerfed weapons do you think mace will still be the meta? Hell no, this mace build only became meta after the previous weapons mentioned got nerfed lmao.
      mace was always the same, nothing has been changed and even has been buffed, but compared to other cheese weapons such as QS or grailseeker it fell out poorly, now after weakening QS and grailseeker 1h mace took the lead, and the core of the problem is CC + dmg + boop helmet + crazy mobility, no counter trade, so you can't escape or reset the fight .. that's why in most games you won't meet skills / weapons from CC, DMG, MOBILITY because it's too strong.
    • Quagga wrote:

mace was always the same, nothing has been changed and even has been buffed, but compared to other cheese weapons such as QS or grailseeker it fell out poorly, now after weakening QS and grailseeker 1h mace took the lead, and the core of the problem is CC + dmg + boop helmet + crazy mobility, no counter trade, so you can't escape or reset the fight .. that's why in most games you won't meet skills / weapons from CC, DMG, MOBILITY because it's too strong.
      You are right, that's my main point, if the other weapons weren't nerfed you'd have these "strong" weapons competing against each other. However, the most mobility with damage + CC would always come out on top in 1v1 situations with the current reset meta. But the problem is, the rest of the other content in the game have to suffer just because weapons get nerfed due to 1v1 balancing.
    • j0ei wrote:

Quagga wrote:

You are right, that's my main point, if the other weapons weren't nerfed you'd have these "strong" weapons competing against each other. However, the most mobility with damage + CC would always come out on top in 1v1 situations with the current reset meta. But the problem is, the rest of the other content in the game have to suffer just because weapons get nerfed due to 1v1 balancing.
      the question is what was the intention to create 1h mace, because the current state allows it to dominate any content. which clearly indicates that the weapon is too strong.
    • Quagga wrote:

you don't see where the problem is .. Every game I've played and I've never seen anything like that where one weapon has heavy CC and DMG .. it has no right to work well .. CC or DMG never both..
      1 hand mace don't have damage, they only have CC. It deals the most damage (putting demon cape aside) among the CC weapon, but still no where near full fledge dps weapon.

Quagga wrote:

The core of the problem is CC + dmg + boop helmet + crazy mobility, no counter trade, so you can't escape or reset the fight .. that's why in most games you won't meet skills / weapons from CC, DMG, MOBILITY because it's too strong.
      "no counter trade, so you can't escape or reset the fight" -> that's why you lose to them. You fight with them following their lead. You tried to trade hit. LoL

The same weakness of all CC cheesy build is that they are very weak at direct brawl (i said brawl, not 1 shot with demon cape). Because of this, if you don't royally fuck yourself up, you'll always win a direct brawl. Sth like curse can keep fending them off and it's the CC that's eventually die when they make mistake.

Quagga wrote:

the question is what was the intention to create 1h mace, because the current state allows it to dominate any content. which clearly indicates that the weapon is too strong.
      LoL, maybe you should pick it up and try it out to see whether it's dominating every content.

Painball wrote:

Currently there are no great ways to counter assassin jacket.
      There's currently 2 very effective way to counter assassin jacket. First is Stalker hood frequently run by Death Giver, and the other is Guardian armor usually run with hunter hood + taproot + sandwich.

Borbarad wrote:

It´s like quarterstaff, but in a way it´s actually even worse.
      I can tell right away you have never once picked up any of the two (mace & quarterstaff). With pre nerf cartwheel, you still can't catch a staff even if you have 3 regular run with cooldown separately.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Yiotoo wrote:

The mine last 5 battles in corrupted dungeon was:
      Mace, Trinity, Mace, Mace and Mace...
      I died for all maces...
      I cant even use my Ice Block on Cleric cowl, my region gives me enough ping to not have enough rection time to use while he is jumping...
      Try running more match and you'll see more weapon.

What are you running with? Mace destroy all kiting build, so if you run sth like bow or frost, you're obviously going to get killed by them.
    • Quagga wrote:

@SpicyPepper
      take it easy, 1h mace is strong and it's not healthy .. emotions aside, I know you play 1h mace but not everyone likes to play it, especially against. 1h mace is in the top 3 CDs, HCE, HG, GANKING, TANK in pve dungs. literally where you look, 1h mace acts as the core.
      Lmao, emotions my ass. Funny how hell lots people only play 1 weapon, and complain about whatever they die to while endorsing the weapon they play.

I play all CC weapons, and pick up the best thing when meta shift. Mace isn't even my top weapon. I'm currently play Grailseeker the most, while repeatedly saying on this forum that its E is OP. Any one playing tank decently know that, the dev know that and nerf it accordingly. It's still strong.

Maybe not everyone is like you complaining about whatever they die to.

"1h mace is in the top 3 CDs, HCE, HG, GANKING, TANK in pve dungs. literally where you look," -> Stop looking and pick up the weapon that you die to. After you've fed 20 times with it to every thing else, then you'll stop complaining why it's so OP.