A suggestion to make crafting activity more exciting and difficult

• Economy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A suggestion to make crafting activity more exciting and difficult

The process of crafting in Albion Online itself comes down to staring at green line moving to the right, that is not bad, but neither is too capturing. In my humble view, there is an option to improve a bit the process of crafting and refining. The proposal is to add mini games. For instance, one is crafting a cloth robe and on the screen appear a piece of cloth and then curved dashed lines start to pop up with an image of a needle, so that one is to move the mouse to accurately sew the cloth along this lines while the timer is on. Such mini games (of reflexes, of accuracy, maybe even simple sudoku when crafting tier 8.3) are to be implemented in in crafting process of every type of craftable objects considering th biggest possible types, for example, one mini game for cloth armor&helmet&shoes, one for all melee weapos, one for refining fiber etc.) If one just ignored them, the process would go anyway; if one complete them with normal accuracy/speed, the quality of gear or quantity of resource's refund would increase by 7-10%; if some really good players, who have spent many hours crafting and self-improving, tryed hard, they would increase by ~15% that is not much in general, but significant for true crafters.In order to prevent inflation the default rates of quality of gear and quantity of resource's refund could be reduced but so that mini game's players take an advantage anyway. The difficulty of mini games may grow in proportion to the tier of resource/product. Mini games would make crafting process more thrilling and competitive and also would put some authenticity of hard rewarding labor. Hope it is not too arrogant to suggest such a big update. Thank you.
    • MamorieSc wrote:

The process of crafting in Albion Online itself comes down to staring at green line moving to the right, that is not bad, but neither is too capturing. In my humble view, there is an option to improve a bit the process of crafting and refining. The proposal is to add mini games. For instance, one is crafting a cloth robe and on the screen appear a piece of cloth and then curved dashed lines start to pop up with an image of a needle, so that one is to move the mouse to accurately sew the cloth along this lines while the timer is on. Such mini games (of reflexes, of accuracy, maybe even simple sudoku when crafting tier 8.3) are to be implemented in in crafting process of every type of craftable objects considering th biggest possible types, for example, one mini game for cloth armor&helmet&shoes, one for all melee weapos, one for refining fiber etc.) If one just ignored them, the process would go anyway; if one complete them with normal accuracy/speed, the quality of gear or quantity of resource's refund would increase by 7-10%; if some really good players, who have spent many hours crafting and self-improving, tryed hard, they would increase by ~15% that is not much in general, but significant for true crafters.In order to prevent inflation the default rates of quality of gear and quantity of resource's refund could be reduced but so that mini game's players take an advantage anyway. The difficulty of mini games may grow in proportion to the tier of resource/product. Mini games would make crafting process more thrilling and competitive and also would put some authenticity of hard rewarding labor. Hope it is not too arrogant to suggest such a big update. Thank you.
      I would go in opposite way, I don't farm or fish, because I hate that is too click intensive. I think they should take off the minigame from fishing. Also they already have all island things to use focus that are click intensive.

Maybe what they could do is: Increase ONLY the speed for production with the minigame.
      So if you want to craft faster, use the minigame, if not, just activate and relax a longer time.
      But I wouldn't change the quality or the refund of resources.
    • Yiotoo wrote:

MamorieSc wrote:

I would go in opposite way, I don't farm or fish, because I hate that is too click intensive. I think they should take off the minigame from fishing. Also they already have all island things to use focus that are click intensive.
      Maybe what they could do is: Increase ONLY the speed for production with the minigame.
      So if you want to craft faster, use the minigame, if not, just activate and relax a longer time.
      But I wouldn't change the quality or the refund of resources.
      I agree, i'm 100/100 in fishing but i don't fish because the mini-game hurts my hand.(repetitive strain injury). If they add something similar for crafting i would stop playing this game, cause crafting is my main activity.
    • No..... no more mini games plz. By the mother of god!

Each "mini game" in games can be fun for first 10 times you encounter it but after a month everyone and I mean everyone besides OP will hate crafting. You want to play mini games while crafting? Just go to play store and download any of 100 000 000 mobile game like angry birds or what ever people play nowadays and play this while you are crafting.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3