Why is CDG (1v1) T8 and HG (2v2) T6?

• Hellgates
    • Why is CDG (1v1) T8 and HG (2v2) T6?

If the CDG a 1V1 content can have a T8 mode then why doesn't the HG which is a larger scale content have its T8 mode? If you are going to follow the albion's thinking that 2v2 = t6 and 5v5 = t8, then why is the CDG that is 1v1 is T8? While solo players can enjoy T8 content at a huge profit, 2v2 players who have to look for partners and combine their builds are in T6 content that barely pays for food, earning around 50-200k per battle.All HG players are praying for a HG 2v2 T8, so why not? turn 2v2 into a rewarding and fun content as it once was, it’s just no fun to play 4.2, it would be much more fun to be able to play a 2v2 of T8, T8.2 not to mention that the profit would be delicious.
    • Yoshikami wrote:

What? I thought the purpose of the previous patch was to increase loot in hellgates? So it still wasn't enough? Are you sure your RNG just isn't bad? I've seen people get really good loot in 2v2 hellgates. Hell even I have gotten good loot in nonlethal 2v2s lmao.
      the loot sucks compared to CDG / HG x5 / HG X10

The post was edited 1 time, last by pinto ().

• Yoshikami wrote:

O que? Achei que o objetivo do patch anterior era aumentar o saque em portas do inferno. Então ainda não foi o suficiente? Tem certeza de que seu RNG não é ruim? Já vi pessoas conseguirem saques realmente bons em portas do inferno 2v2. Inferno, até eu consegui um bom saque em lmao 2v2s não letais.
      I have a winrate of +- 90% and even so I barely make money compared to other content, in CDG you can get + 6m per hour while in HG you barely get 1m per hour, every fight you win you win around 50 to 200k, winning more than that is rare, set 4.2 is worthless, the chests are less than 10k, it's rare to get more than that, hellgate balance is shit, catchphrase everywhere, all DPS buffed , healer sunk in shit with so much nerf, nature is infeasible and holy is only used because it is the only option of healer, you are forced to stress in fights against double dps, stun + dps and for what? to earn 100-150k? there were fights I won that didn't even pay for my food, yes they buffed the bau by 150% but 150% of nothing is still nothing.

ziigii wrote:

You can play in 8.2 and earn money if you are good and don't die. My friends who were a good 2v2 hg players went in 8.1 or 8.2 in hgs and earned lots of silver that way.
      If you go from 8.2 to HG then I can see that you don't even know what you're talking about, HG has an IP Cap of 1100, if you go from 8.2 it will match the same IP as a 4.2, so I can only say that you are dumb.
    • ziigii wrote:

You can play in 8.2 and earn money if you are good and don't die. My friends who were a good 2v2 hg players went in 8.1 or 8.2 in hgs and earned lots of silver that way.
      He's complaining about his enemy wearing 4.2. You bring 8.3 are still matched with 4.2. => shit loot anw.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

ziigii wrote:

He's complaining about his enemy wearing 4.2. You bring 8.3 are still matched with 4.2. => shit loot anw.
      2v2 Hellgates are a progressive step though as I understand it. From that angle it makes a lot more sense.

They are one tier above the second tier of corrupted dungeons. i.e.

Non-Lethal Corrupted
      Non-Lethal Hellgate
      Lethal Corrupted
      Lethal Hellgate
      Lethal Final Tier Corrupted

After that it needs more people to progress to higher tiers and guarantee larger rewards.

If we go by the original logic here, the solution would be to add an extra tier of 2v2 hellgate, prior to the increased player numbers. That would essentially finish off the co-op progression path before guild content.
    • Ok I didn't know about IP cap. My friends played a long time ago.

That being said, I feel like the endgame should be an open world activity. Since this is an "open world" game. Slayer is a mistake for that reason as well as the decision to close srd 2 min after entering. This game should rebrand to "instanced full loot pvp mmorpg" if they continue pushing instanced content.
    • ziigii wrote:

Ok I didn't know about IP cap. My friends played a long time ago.

That being said, I feel like the endgame should be an open world activity. Since this is an "open world" game. Slayer is a mistake for that reason as well as the decision to close srd 2 min after entering. This game should rebrand to "instanced full loot pvp mmorpg" if they continue pushing instanced content.
      I feel the community is at odds on this. They want open world, but also open world is inherently unbalanced.

The advantage of instanced content is they can control the amount of people and cap the IP, allowing for fights that make people think "I could have done X" when they die.

In open world content, the thoughts after dying quickly become "I should have also had 15 people and 8.3 gear instead of attempting to solo content" and "Dang, I should have brought 50 people instead of 15", and "I should also just join the mega-alliance instead of the guild I actually like so I can do this content"
    • Fikule wrote:

In open world content, the thoughts after dying quickly become "I should have also had 15 people and 8.3 gear instead of attempting to solo content" and "Dang, I should have brought 50 people instead of 15", and "I should also just join the mega-alliance instead of the guild I actually like so I can do this content"
      PvP in the open world is currently fine. The fights are enjoying and fun.

The problem is you have to simulate on your mount for hours straight for a fight. Whereas in instanced content, you can get into action right away.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Yngvi wrote:

Yoshikami wrote:

O que? Achei que o objetivo do patch anterior era aumentar o saque em portas do inferno. Então ainda não foi o suficiente? Tem certeza de que seu RNG não é ruim? Já vi pessoas conseguirem saques realmente bons em portas do inferno 2v2. Inferno, até eu consegui um bom saque em lmao 2v2s não letais.
      I have a winrate of +- 90% and even so I barely make money compared to other content, in CDG you can get + 6m per hour while in HG you barely get 1m per hour, every fight you win you win around 50 to 200k, winning more than that is rare, set 4.2 is worthless, the chests are less than 10k, it's rare to get more than that, hellgate balance is shit, catchphrase everywhere, all DPS buffed , healer sunk in shit with so much nerf, nature is infeasible and holy is only used because it is the only option of healer, you are forced to stress in fights against double dps, stun + dps and for what? to earn 100-150k? there were fights I won that didn't even pay for my food, yes they buffed the bau by 150% but 150% of nothing is still nothing.If you go from 8.2 to HG then I can see that you don't even know what you're talking about, HG has an IP Cap of 1100, if you go from 8.2 it will match the same IP as a 4.2, so I can only say that you are dumb.
      I agree that we should definitely have an option to go 2v2's with t8 stuff, but saying that you barely make 1mil an hour pretty much means you're either garbage or the unluckiest person in the whole game, i've been getting 70-75% winrate and profiting from 2 to 3 mil an hour with above average loots. But the thing about killing people in shit gear is true AF, it feels like im playing Stalker CD's getting trash loot from players, money is NOWHERE as close as what you can get from CD's cuz cd's you get really good loot from people so definitely SBI should make another tier of hellgates with 1200 IP cap, that'd be the shit
    • Fikule wrote:

I feel the community is at odds on this. They want open world, but also open world is inherently unbalanced.

The advantage of instanced content is they can control the amount of people and cap the IP, allowing for fights that make people think "I could have done X" when they die.

Sure it's like that. But in open world you need more players for content to feel rewarding and interactive. In open world there is a big difference if there is 5000 or 50000 players, and in cd/hg the experience is the same if 5000 or 50000 players play at the same time. So the solution is to have lower IP caps and lower rewards in instanced content so people who enjoy it can still play and profit but have a better rewards in open world so majority of the players play in open world and this game stops feeling like a desert. So as I said before slayer and/or insane rewards in cd are a mistake since those draw most players from open world into instanced content and open world is suffering.
    • ziigii wrote:

Sure it's like that. But in open world you need more players for content to feel rewarding and interactive.
      I don't see that as true. In open world you need more players to win. But the rewards stay the same if you win with 10 or 100, it's just whether that reward is divided between 10 or 100 people.

And this doesn't balance itself for the simple reason that there are people who just want to win and don't care about rewards. So if an open world content is designed for 10 people, at most you'd bring 20 before it starts getting unrewarding compared to other activities. But for the people coming to kill you? Bring 80.. they're just here to kill you, then move on to the next lot, and the reward hardly matters.

So, does the open world content need to scale in reward to bring out more people? And is a 5 FPS ZvZ the ideal?
    • Fikule wrote:

So, does the open world content need to scale in reward to bring out more people? And is a 5 FPS ZvZ the ideal?
      Open world should have enough people so that if I want to fight or gank people I don't need to spend and hour just to bump into someone in the black zone. Im not talking about bringing 20 people in the blue dungeon. Rather that I would like some competition over the objectives rather than running in an empty black zone. But if you want to carebear and clear blue dungeon with 20 people you should have bad rewards.

Open world doesn't need to scale up rewards. People should figgure out what's proffitable and stick to it. If you are lazy and go in the first dungeon next to waygate you should be more likely to get ganked. But if you run 15 zones just to get to a zone with less traffic you should lose a lot of time on travel while gaining safety from gankers. In open world you need to find the balance for what is worth doing, with how manny people and what level of gear.

In CD/hg it doesn't matter how manny players play at a given time. So why would you want to bring more players into instanced cointent so badly? Stalker is the same as slayer but with different numbers. So why would we need annother HG which would be the same gameplay and experience but with bigger numbers?

Zvz is the same as it has allways been. It offers good rewards and it doesn't need to be changed. Instanced content pulled smaller groups out of the open world and now I usually see a solo transporter, solo gatherer or a ganking group with 5+ people. As for the 5fps part, better servers maybe? But for that we can only hope.
    • ziigii wrote:

Open world should have enough people so that if I want to fight or gank people I don't need to spend and hour just to bump into someone in the black zone. Im not talking about bringing 20 people in the blue dungeon. Rather that I would like some competition over the objectives rather than running in an empty black zone. But if you want to carebear and clear blue dungeon with 20 people you should have bad rewards.

Open world doesn't need to scale up rewards. People should figgure out what's proffitable and stick to it. If you are lazy and go in the first dungeon next to waygate you should be more likely to get ganked. But if you run 15 zones just to get to a zone with less traffic you should lose a lot of time on travel while gaining safety from gankers. In open world you need to find the balance for what is worth doing, with how manny people and what level of gear.

In CD/hg it doesn't matter how manny players play at a given time. So why would you want to bring more players into instanced cointent so badly? Stalker is the same as slayer but with different numbers. So why would we need annother HG which would be the same gameplay and experience but with bigger numbers?

Zvz is the same as it has allways been. It offers good rewards and it doesn't need to be changed. Instanced content pulled smaller groups out of the open world and now I usually see a solo transporter, solo gatherer or a ganking group with 5+ people. As for the 5fps part, better servers maybe? But for that we can only hope.
      Honestly that sounds like it sums up the purpose of instanced content. A group of 50 reds in BZ roaming around a map and killing groups of 5 doing blue dungeons (no more than 5, or they're 'carebearing' apparently) and solos doing greens or gathering. The 50 reds have plenty of targets to kill in this scenario, while the PvE groups are kept small to accommodate the loot they receive. This means the group of 50 can profit due to the abundance of targets while the PvE groups needs to stay small to profit.

So when these small groups get the option to do content where the gank potential leaves them at even odds with the same or greater rewards, it's a no brainer. They figured out what was profitable and stuck to it. i.e. Instanced content.

In the end, the instanced content provides fairer fights and better loot. So they end up being the obvious choice. The reason for a higher IP cap 2v2 HG would be to continue with that experience. With the introduction of roads providing high tier zones with limited player numbers, the BZ is just even more outdated in terms of risk vs reward. In the end it has very high risk for comparatively little reward compared to other content. Plus, as you stated, to be safe in a BZ you need to run multiple zones out. That's not required for roads, HG or CD. So they're more profitable, provide challenges rather than gank squads and they're more convinient.

BZ seems like it's just a large chunk of land for the mega-alliances to hang out in. All the resources and loot I could go there to get I can obtain in other content without the risk of gank squads

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fikule ().

• Fikule wrote:

the BZ is just even more outdated in terms of risk vs reward
      I couldn't agree more. The BZ is highest risk but SBI releases CD where you have allmoast no risk while ratting with 3 times more loot than SRD has. That is just an insanely stupid idea to me. They should release content with rewards equal to the risk you have to go trough to get them. But they keep releasing new content with better rewards than the last and old content gets outdated and forgoten.

I'm not against instanced content by any means. But if you can get better loot in CD in a red zone than in T8 BZ then the game has a huge loot balance issues. Instanced content should be rewarding enough so you can keep playing if you win 30% of the matchups. But as it stands in stalker dungeons with 4.1 sets I can win as little as 10% fights and still proffit since silver bags stay in inventory. That is extremely unballanced.

This is an open world game. Making it instanced will end up making this game just a worse version of other mmorpg games. Worse ping, less item variety, more booring grinds, no skill tree, worse pve and so on... Open world is the selling point and I'm willing to go trough all the bad things that wont get fixed any time soon just to play the open world aspect of the game.
    • ziigii wrote:

Fikule wrote:

the BZ is just even more outdated in terms of risk vs reward
      I couldn't agree more. The BZ is highest risk but SBI releases CD where you have allmoast no risk while ratting with 3 times more loot than SRD has. That is just an insanely stupid idea to me. They should release content with rewards equal to the risk you have to go trough to get them. But they keep releasing new content with better rewards than the last and old content gets outdated and forgoten.
      I'm not against instanced content by any means. But if you can get better loot in CD in a red zone than in T8 BZ then the game has a huge loot balance issues. Instanced content should be rewarding enough so you can keep playing if you win 30% of the matchups. But as it stands in stalker dungeons with 4.1 sets I can win as little as 10% fights and still proffit since silver bags stay in inventory. That is extremely unballanced.

This is an open world game. Making it instanced will end up making this game just a worse version of other mmorpg games. Worse ping, less item variety, more booring grinds, no skill tree, worse pve and so on... Open world is the selling point and I'm willing to go trough all the bad things that wont get fixed any time soon just to play the open world aspect of the game.
      you get out of the hellgate by killing or being killed.
      hellgates are definitely the most risky content of 'em all, even though the reward is SHIT 'cause SBI for some reason limited the ip cap to 1100 and no one plays with more than t6 exc gear there.
      SBI has to do a t8 hellgate 2v2 for more experienced players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pinto ().

• pinto wrote:

hellgates are definitely the most risky content of 'em all, even though the reward is SHIT 'cause SBI for some reason limited the ip cap to 1100 and no one plays with more than t6 exc gear there.
      If you like the gameplay you would play even if you earn a bit less silver. But you don't just because you need bigger numbers with 0 changes to the gameplay.
      Clearly no one here wants to play an open world game.
    • ziigii wrote:

pinto wrote:

If you like the gameplay you would play even if you earn a bit less silver. But you don't just because you need bigger numbers with 0 changes to the gameplay.Clearly no one here wants to play an open world game.
      do u think that's cool to progress slower 'cause u are playing a content that u actually likes to play and it's fun?
      while there are people playing hellgates 10v10 and CDG getting HUGE rewards, boosting their character much faster than u.

The post was edited 2 times, last by pinto ().

• pinto wrote:

do u think that's cool to progress slower playing the content that u like than playing anything else as CDG or HG 10X10 which gives u much more rewards?
      Yes I do. Especcialy if the content you like is instanced in an OPEN WORLD GAME. It would suck if people grinding HCE got best rewards in the game. It used to be like that and it got nerfed for a reason.