Guild Season 13 Schedule

    • Guild Season 13 Schedule



      Guild Season 13 Schedule

      Changes coming with Season 13 are summarized at the end of this article. For the full details of these changes, as well as the reasoning behind them, please see this forum post: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…nges-for-Guild-Season-13/

      Important Dates
      • June 19, 2021 (Saturday): Season starts, Invasion Day #1, all Territories Reset
      • June 20, 2021 (Sunday): Scoring starts (by time zone)
      • June 21, 2021 (Monday): Territory Battles Start
      • July 17, 2021 (Saturday): Invasion Day #2 - Energy/Season Point Storage Payout, all Territories Reset
      • August 14, 2021 (Saturday): Invasion Day #3 - Energy/Season Point Storage Payout, all Territories Reset, Territory and Castle scoring doubles
      • September 11, 2021 (Saturday): Scoring of Territories and Castles Ends, Energy/Season Point Storage Payout
      • September 12, 2021 (Sunday): Final Crystal League Matches
      • September 13, 2021 (Monday): Season Ends at 9:59 UTC
      Details
      June 19, 2021: Start of Season
      • The Guild Season and the season-long Guild Challenge start at 11:00 UTC
      • Ownership of territories in the Outlands is reset, and they can be reclaimed by guilds starting at the following times:
        • Saturday at 18:00 UTC for territories with primetimes of 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, or 21:00 UTC
        • Sunday at 01:00 UTC for territories with primetimes of 00:00, 03:00, or 05:00 UTC
      • Guardian bosses must be defeated to claim a territory (balanced for about 5 players)
      June 20, 2021: Territory / Castle Scoring Begins

      Territory Scoring:
      Siphoning Mages:
      • Territory points are generated by Siphoning Mages, which spawn dynamically (1.5h, 2h, 3h, 6h) until the maximum of four are present
      • Mages can be killed by any player outside the territory owner's alliance, and drop Siphoned Energy
      • Killing Mages also gives Season Points based on the following formula: Max. Daily Territory Points x 0.1125
      • Siphoned Energy can be withdrawn/deposited by Guild Masters and Right Hands
      Castle Scoring:
      • Castles score 115, 160, 205, 250, 295, or 340 Season Points every six hours, with those closer to the center of the Outlands giving more points. Scoring takes place at 0:00, 6:00, 12:00, and 18:00 UTC.
      • Castle Outposts score 20, 26, 32, 38, 44, or 50 Season Points every three hours, with those closer to the center of the Outlands giving more points.
      June 21, 2021: Territory Battles Start

      For details of open-world territory control, see: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/122485

      July 17, 2021: Invasion Day #2
      • All territory claims are dropped at 10:00 UTC
      • Territories become reclaimable and Guardian Bosses spawn
      • Territories with a primetime starting at 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00 UTC become claimable at 18:00 UTC on Saturday
      • Territories with a primetime starting at 00:00, 03:00, 05:00 UTC become claimable at 01:00 UTC on Sunday
      August 14, 2021: Invasion Day #3, POINTS DOUBLED
      • DOUBLE POINTS for Territories, Castles, Castle Outposts and Mage Raiding for the rest of the season
      • All territory claims are dropped at 10:00 UTC
      • Territories become reclaimable and Guardian Bosses spawn
      • Territories with a primetime starting at 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00 UTC become claimable at 18:00 UTC on Saturday
      • Territories with a primetime starting at 00:00, 03:00, 05:00 UTC become claimable at 01:00 UTC on Sunday
      September 11, 2021: Last Call for Territory Battles
      • Point scoring ends for each territory at the end of its downtime, and territories cannot be challenged afterward
      • Final 20v20 Crystal League Matches
      September 12, 2021: Final 5v5 Crystal League Matches
      • Final 5v5 Crystal League Matches of the season
      September 13, 2021: Season Ends
      • The season officially ends right before maintenance (9:59 UTC) and a winner is declared
      Changes for Guild Season 13

      Our next big content update will focus primarily on major improvements to activities in the Open World. However since the development of a new big update takes a lot of time, we want to introduce some improvements already with the start of Season 13.

      Open-World Mobs

      The fame of all existing Roaming Mobs has been doubled. Furthermore, if Roaming Mobs are not defeated, they have a chance to reroll to a more valuable mob over time. This way we can guarantee that the low value mobs are exchanged over time, even if players do not actively defeat them. This change should make rare mobs appear more often in the open world.

      We are also introducing entirely new roaming mobs which are more rare and provide more valuable loot:

      Treasure Drones
      Treasure Drones are rare Roaming Mobs which transport valuable Avalonian Chests through the open world. They can be defeated by a solo adventurer. The chest contains Avalonian Artifacts, Avalonian Energy, silver and a mix of all kinds of fragments. The drone comes in four different rarity levels, like the dungeon chests. Furthermore, the tier of the drone also depends on the tier of the zone, with higher tier drones carrying more valuable loot.

      Crystal Spider
      This is a new Rare Boss that randomly spawns in Roaming Mob positions across the Outlands. Once it spawns, it will be displayed on the minimap for every player in the cluster. The boss is suited to be fought in small groups of 3-5 players. Defeating it gives high value Artifacts, including Avalonian Artifacts, as well as Season Points. On average they spawn every hour per zone in the Outlands, and each Crystal Spider gives between 10 (“Outer Circle'') and 30 (“Inner Circle”) Season Points.

      Gathering and Transmutation

      We will also drastically increase the enchantment rate for all resources in the Outlands. The amount of .2 resources spawning in the open world has been doubled, while the amount of .3 resources spawning has been quadrupled.

      To further boost the value of gathering resources in the open world, we will also adjust the transmutation prices. Transmutation prices will generally be increased, with lower tiers seeing more of an increase than higher tiers.

      For Enchantment upgrades, going from .0 to .1 will see its cost roughly tripled, going from .1 to .2 doubled, and going from .2 to .3 will remain relatively unchanged.

      For Tier upgrades on everything but stone, the transmutation cost will be 200 times the Item Value of the resource, which results in increases at lower tiers (5 and 6) of up to approximately +166%, +100% at tier 7, and no change going to tier 8.

      For Tier upgrades of stone, the price will go up +166% for T4 -> T5, +100% for T5 -> T6, +33% for T6 -> T7, and again no change going from tier 7 to tier 8.

      Castle Outposts

      The loot of the Castle Outpost chests are also doubled, to attract more players when the chests are about to spawn and increase the incentives for small- to mid-scale fights over Castle Outposts. All these changes are meant to create more continuous action throughout the day, instead of only a focus on big CTAs.

      World Bosses and Static Dungeons

      While we are happy that players have started to play this content more, we might have pushed players too much into monotonous activities, especially with the fast respawn timer of world bosses. Therefore we are changing their respawn rate from every 60 minutes to once every 120 minutes (on every uneven hour, i.e. 1 UTC, 3 UTC, etc.).

      The Season Point generation from mobs will now also follow the same flattened curve between “Outer Circle” and “Inner Circle” as the territories and castles.

      Siphoning Mages

      We doubled the fame of Siphoning Mages, to make mage raiding a bit more rewarding for the individual player and not only the player’s guild.

      Safety from Instances in the Open World

      To prevent any ways of a guaranteed retreat option into the Hideout we will reduce the range of shield bubbles when leaving an open world instance. Now when leaving any kind of dungeon, Hellgates, Corrupted Dungeons and Roads Portals, the shield bubble will only have a 20m radius. The very long range shield bubble will now only be available for the main entrances to a cluster.

      Disarray

      To reduce the effectiveness of trying to stack as many players into the cluster queue as possible we adjusted the Disarray curve to be much steeper, which especially makes a difference in groups of 100+.

      Castle Layout

      The narrow bridges leading to the castle gates in the forest biome will be widened, to give the attacker more space to breach through the doors.

      A staircase has been added to get onto the outer wall in the Lord’s room for castles in all biomes. This gives the defenders a better chance to spread out, once the attacker is at the last gate.

      20v20 Crystal League

      Currently the attendance for Level 2 and Level 3 matches is very low. That is why we will consolidate these two levels. Level 1 and 2 matches will happen daily, and Level 3 matches will be twice a week. The daily Level 2 match will keep the same rewards as the current Level 3 matches. Level 3 Tokens can’t be purchased anymore and the Level 3 match rewards will be somewhat between current Level 3 and Level 4 rewards.

      All these changes are intended to go live in the next Off Season, before the start of Season 13. For further details and the thinking behind these changes, please see this forum post: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…nges-for-Guild-Season-13/
    • jamjar wrote:

      @Trial_hard season points are split in alliance...
      He's referring to the individual guild members having more of an impact with their season points. There has been a suggestion floating around about guild members having control over whether the level-generated siphoned energy goes to the guild. I do agree that CD's giving season points would be broken, but having more content for players to earn season points with would be nice so it's not just "join the massive ZvZ CTA or go nowhere" . SBI, iirc, wanted to make high level HCEs give small amounts of season points, but I believe that was scrapped.
    • Cessari wrote:

      jamjar wrote:

      @Trial_hard season points are split in alliance...
      He's referring to the individual guild members having more of an impact with their season points. There has been a suggestion floating around about guild members having control over whether the level-generated siphoned energy goes to the guild. I do agree that CD's giving season points would be broken, but having more content for players to earn season points with would be nice so it's not just "join the massive ZvZ CTA or go nowhere" . SBI, iirc, wanted to make high level HCEs give small amounts of season points, but I believe that was scrapped.
      Hell no, i'm not against HCE but HCE giving season points is a stupid idea lmao

      Maybe avalonian mobs giving season points would be nice, or at least the avalonian bosses (from any chest in roads)
    • xGunner wrote:

      Cessari wrote:

      jamjar wrote:

      @Trial_hard season points are split in alliance...
      He's referring to the individual guild members having more of an impact with their season points. There has been a suggestion floating around about guild members having control over whether the level-generated siphoned energy goes to the guild. I do agree that CD's giving season points would be broken, but having more content for players to earn season points with would be nice so it's not just "join the massive ZvZ CTA or go nowhere" . SBI, iirc, wanted to make high level HCEs give small amounts of season points, but I believe that was scrapped.
      Hell no, i'm not against HCE but HCE giving season points is a stupid idea lmao
      Maybe avalonian mobs giving season points would be nice, or at least the avalonian bosses (from any chest in roads)
      Nah, all contents can give points, it's not stupid nor op, you just have to limit the daily cap like they did with crystals. You can have CD/HG give a maximum ammount of like 500 points daily and the same for HCE for example, it can be less or more, doesnt mater, just a balance issue. It would give individual players a better sense that they are contributing to the guild rank... And a lot more to the rank issue could be done, but sbi just doesnt give a flying f*.
    • Khil wrote:

      xGunner wrote:

      Cessari wrote:

      jamjar wrote:

      @Trial_hard season points are split in alliance...
      He's referring to the individual guild members having more of an impact with their season points. There has been a suggestion floating around about guild members having control over whether the level-generated siphoned energy goes to the guild. I do agree that CD's giving season points would be broken, but having more content for players to earn season points with would be nice so it's not just "join the massive ZvZ CTA or go nowhere" . SBI, iirc, wanted to make high level HCEs give small amounts of season points, but I believe that was scrapped.
      Hell no, i'm not against HCE but HCE giving season points is a stupid idea lmaoMaybe avalonian mobs giving season points would be nice, or at least the avalonian bosses (from any chest in roads)
      Nah, all contents can give points, it's not stupid nor op, you just have to limit the daily cap like they did with crystals. You can have CD/HG give a maximum ammount of like 500 points daily and the same for HCE for example, it can be less or more, doesnt mater, just a balance issue. It would give individual players a better sense that they are contributing to the guild rank... And a lot more to the rank issue could be done, but sbi just doesnt give a flying f*.
      There's already guild challenge for that, giving HCE season points would just be another reason to not leave the city, another thing to make open world dead
      Game needs to incentive people to go to Open World, not to stay in the city
    • "We will also drastically increase the enchantment rate for all resources in the Outlands. The amount of .2 resources spawning in the open world has been doubled, while the amount of .3 resources spawning has been quadrupled."

      What a great idea, lets give the BZ monopoly more reasons to handhold, while we trash the economy for everyone else that gather/craft outside of BZ.
      With this change the marked will crash, like it did with the launch of Roads of Avalon.

      If SBI want's more players in BZ, they need to address the elephant in the room "Hand holding".
    • krazzer wrote:

      "We will also drastically increase the enchantment rate for all resources in the Outlands. The amount of .2 resources spawning in the open world has been doubled, while the amount of .3 resources spawning has been quadrupled."

      What a great idea, lets give the BZ monopoly more reasons to handhold, while we trash the economy for everyone else that gather/craft outside of BZ.
      With this change the marked will crash, like it did with the launch of Roads of Avalon.

      If SBI want's more players in BZ, they need to address the elephant in the room "Hand holding".
      I agree it should increase all resources royals and roads.


      Disarray

      To reduce the effectiveness of trying to stack as many players into the cluster queue as possible we adjusted the Disarray curve to be much steeper, which especially makes a difference in groups of 100+.


      How does this help a guild/alliance that doesn't want to handhold? Alliance A has 125 players online and they defend terry against Alliance B who brings 125 players and alliance C (who is called a different alliance but they are made up of an alliance to support Alliance B without penalties) of 125 players. Unless I am reading this wrong you are making it harder for smaller alliance/guilds to try to fight against the hand holders. If you want to fix the cluster queue fix the hand holding where one alliance can break into 2-4 alliances just to ignore the penalties you put in.

      Easy fix how about when alliance A attacks alliance B in a zone during that timer how about those are the only alliances allowed to attack each other in that zone? Easy fix for hand-holders not to work around all the penalties you put in place to help prevent mega alliances. At least then you these mega alliances to choose either to all be under one umbrella or be a lot smaller. This would create more battles in the bz because it would reduce the reason to hand-hold. Right now it's pretty sad when you open up that map and see very few wars.
    • philly5 wrote:



      Easy fix how about when alliance A attacks alliance B in a zone during that timer how about those are the only alliances allowed to attack each other in that zone? Easy fix for hand-holders not to work around all the penalties you put in place to help prevent mega alliances. At least then you these mega alliances to choose either to all be under one umbrella or be a lot smaller. This would create more battles in the bz because it would reduce the reason to hand-hold. Right now it's pretty sad when you open up that map and see very few wars.

      SBI could impliment something like the conditional zones that used to exist around hellgates/the zone around the old territory GvG fights, where only players of the defending and attacking alliances can enter.

      the involved alliances could have cluster q priority to prevent 3rd party zone caping.

      3rd parties could still interfere but only from outside the zone, and uninvolved players cannont interact with anything inside the zone.