Changes for Guild Season 13

    • j0ei wrote:

      At this point you have already failed to understand why these guild systems exist.

      You believe that it's only for the guild master or owner's personal gain when what you're referring to are "POTATO" guilds.

      Not Actual, hardcore ZvZ guilds with an efficient system and a solid core to back it up.
      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Jacqora ().

    • Jacqora wrote:

      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.
      Yes I don't entirely disagree with your points either. I'm just saying, competition is welcome, fights are always welcome. It truly is the case that coalitions have an unfair advantage against solo guilds who want to try a shot at the outlands, but that's currently just how it is atm. Until SBI can think of a system that would deny purpose in having a coalition, having diplomacy etc.
    • j0ei wrote:

      At this point you have already failed to understand why these guild systems exist.

      You believe that it's only for the guild master or owner's personal gain when what you're referring to are "POTATO" guilds.

      Not Actual, hardcore ZvZ guilds with an efficient system and a solid core to back it up.
      If you think your guild master isn't smuggling regear loot out of the game, think again.
    • Jacqora wrote:

      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.
      ZvZ is not meant to be a money pit. It's only a money pit if you are losing, or are forced to donate everything that you loot for the benefit of the guild master's IRL bank account.
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

      Jacqora wrote:

      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.
      ZvZ is not meant to be a money pit. It's only a money pit if you are losing, or are forced to donate everything that you loot for the benefit of the guild master's IRL bank account.
      It's not meant to be yes, I agree. But currently it is a money pit, especially if you join a good zvz guild that likes to fight even if the odds are against you. For them that's fun. I'm not really into it anymore personally, which is part of the reason I retired from zvz because I like to hoard my money rather than throw it away XD
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

      Jacqora wrote:

      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.
      ZvZ is not meant to be a money pit. It's only a money pit if you are losing, or are forced to donate everything that you loot for the benefit of the guild master's IRL bank account.
      How is it a money pit if the players are regeared what they lose when they die? + They get to keep bags mounts and capes? The ZvZ loot donated is to be repaired and restocking the ZvZ gear that is regeared to the players. Gucci ZvZ gear is mostly re-sold on the market to be able to get more resources or items equivalent for regears. How do you equate that any of this goes to IRL money when the guild literally uses those funds to sustain its ZVZ activities? I highly doubt you know the costs even if you win fights, gear trashing, or items that are left to 1% cost so much more to repair that it's almost like you're buying another item just to have it be usable again. Winning or Losing is a factor but it's very unlikely to be a money pit for the players participating in it, it's mostly the guild that loses money if the whole zerg wipes.
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

      If you think your guild master isn't smuggling regear loot out of the game, think again.
      Are you on some propaganda-type of BS again? Don't believe the rumors they tell you lmao, the gears aren't getting smuggled out because I know the system from the inside out. (I'm not some random potato member of the guild LUL)

      I fulfill numerous amount of roles in our guild.
      +Restock the ZvZ gears
      +Providing ZvZ regears
      +Help with the management with crafting said supply of ZvZ gears (Logistics)
      +Handle the ZvZ loot donations after every CTA (I catch the rats who try to keep ZvZ loot and not donate - fine em or kick em w/e)
      +Playtesting potential ZvZ builds for the betterment of the quality of the zerg

      These are only some of the forefront roles that I'm willing to share however I do so much more. So I have enough credibility to tell you that your assumptions are FALSE.

      • No gears are smuggled
      • Guild Systems are set in place to help sustain the guild funds in order to keep up the ZVZ activities
    • j0ei wrote:

      AurumTitanos wrote:

      Jacqora wrote:

      I will have to agree with jOei on this point. Guild masters and guilds don't profit from zvz unless they win consistently which usually isn't the case. They have these systems in place for a reason because if they regeared the whole guild who went down and all of them have 8.3 sets on that would put the guild under if they attempted to regear the same as what everyone lost. 8.3 sets aren't cheap. Zvz is for people who care for the fight, not the money. Zvzs aren't supposed to be about money, which is why most zvzers learn to gather, craft, and flip on the side to make their own money. Zvz is meant to be a money pit, but for those that love the fight they don't care about that.
      ZvZ is not meant to be a money pit. It's only a money pit if you are losing, or are forced to donate everything that you loot for the benefit of the guild master's IRL bank account.
      How is it a money pit if the players are regeared what they lose when they die? + They get to keep bags mounts and capes? The ZvZ loot donated is to be repaired and restocking the ZvZ gear that is regeared to the players. Gucci ZvZ gear is mostly re-sold on the market to be able to get more resources or items equivalent for regears. How do you equate that any of this goes to IRL money when the guild literally uses those funds to sustain its ZVZ activities? I highly doubt you know the costs even if you win fights, gear trashing, or items that are left to 1% cost so much more to repair that it's almost like you're buying another item just to have it be usable again. Winning or Losing is a factor but it's very unlikely to be a money pit for the players participating in it, it's mostly the guild that loses money if the whole zerg wipes.
      Any zvz guild I've ever known does not do full regears (8.3 sets, artifacts, etc), when you die yes you get regeared but usually not even close to the price of the set/s you lost, hence money loss. And usually, this may have just been the guilds I've been in, but usually you are expected to have multiple sets ready for zvz and are expected to come out multiple times even if you die each time for important battles where the guild is outnumbered but they are trying to defend a terry or hideout and the ones I've been in only could guarantee one regear for the most expensive set you lost. Didn't even regear the capes. Not sure how it works in your guild but that's how it worked in the ones I've been in. May be different for you since your guild were season winners and blah blah blah, but the underdogs? Oof. That's what killed zvz for me, hence my retirement from it. Love the fights, but am not a fan of the money pit. There's a huge gap between established coalitions and not-so-established coalitions that is too big to cover, and this is how things are for most underdog zvz coalitions. Or everyone can just be like ARCH XD, have an infinity alliance basically and just have people come to your zone for content and having them die because they get swarmed lmao. Free donations XD. ARCH are like ants in a way, they are very resilient. One or two is easy to squish, but in numbers they overcome lol.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Jacqora ().

    • Jacqora wrote:

      j0ei wrote:

      How is it a money pit if the players are regeared what they lose when they die? + They get to keep bags mounts and capes? The ZvZ loot donated is to be repaired and restocking the ZvZ gear that is regeared to the players. Gucci ZvZ gear is mostly re-sold on the market to be able to get more resources or items equivalent for regears. How do you equate that any of this goes to IRL money when the guild literally uses those funds to sustain its ZVZ activities? I highly doubt you know the costs even if you win fights, gear trashing, or items that are left to 1% cost so much more to repair that it's almost like you're buying another item just to have it be usable again. Winning or Losing is a factor but it's very unlikely to be a money pit for the players participating in it, it's mostly the guild that loses money if the whole zerg wipes.
      Any zvz guild I've ever known does not do full regears (8.3 sets, artifacts, etc), when you die yes you get regeared but usually not even close to the price of the set/s you lost, hence money loss. And usually, this may have just been the guilds I've been in, but usually you are expected to have multiple sets ready for zvz and are expected to come out multiple times even if you die each time for important battles where the guild is outnumbered but they are trying to defend a terry or hideout and the ones I've been in only could guarantee one regear for the most expensive set you lost. Didn't even regear the capes. Not sure how it works in your guild but that's how it worked in the ones I've been in. May be different for you since your guild were season winners and blah blah blah, but the underdogs? Oof. That's what killed zvz for me, hence my retirement from it. Love the fights, but am not a fan of the money pit. There's a huge gap between established coalitions and not-so-established coalitions that is too big to cover, and this is how things are for most underdog zvz coalitions. Or everyone can just be like ARCH XD, have an infinity alliance basically and just have people come to your zone for content and having them die because they get swarmed lmao. Free donations XD. ARCH are like ants in a way, they are very resilient. One or two is easy to squish, but in numbers they overcome lol.
      The people who bring out 8.3s shouldnt expect to get regeared 8.3s wtf. That's luxury, no guild can sustain 8.3 full regears. Because not everyone ZVZs in 8.3 lmfao
    • j0ei wrote:

      Jacqora wrote:

      j0ei wrote:

      How is it a money pit if the players are regeared what they lose when they die? + They get to keep bags mounts and capes? The ZvZ loot donated is to be repaired and restocking the ZvZ gear that is regeared to the players. Gucci ZvZ gear is mostly re-sold on the market to be able to get more resources or items equivalent for regears. How do you equate that any of this goes to IRL money when the guild literally uses those funds to sustain its ZVZ activities? I highly doubt you know the costs even if you win fights, gear trashing, or items that are left to 1% cost so much more to repair that it's almost like you're buying another item just to have it be usable again. Winning or Losing is a factor but it's very unlikely to be a money pit for the players participating in it, it's mostly the guild that loses money if the whole zerg wipes.
      Any zvz guild I've ever known does not do full regears (8.3 sets, artifacts, etc), when you die yes you get regeared but usually not even close to the price of the set/s you lost, hence money loss. And usually, this may have just been the guilds I've been in, but usually you are expected to have multiple sets ready for zvz and are expected to come out multiple times even if you die each time for important battles where the guild is outnumbered but they are trying to defend a terry or hideout and the ones I've been in only could guarantee one regear for the most expensive set you lost. Didn't even regear the capes. Not sure how it works in your guild but that's how it worked in the ones I've been in. May be different for you since your guild were season winners and blah blah blah, but the underdogs? Oof. That's what killed zvz for me, hence my retirement from it. Love the fights, but am not a fan of the money pit. There's a huge gap between established coalitions and not-so-established coalitions that is too big to cover, and this is how things are for most underdog zvz coalitions. Or everyone can just be like ARCH XD, have an infinity alliance basically and just have people come to your zone for content and having them die because they get swarmed lmao. Free donations XD. ARCH are like ants in a way, they are very resilient. One or two is easy to squish, but in numbers they overcome lol.
      The people who bring out 8.3s shouldnt expect to get regeared 8.3s wtf. That's luxury, no guild can sustain 8.3 full regears. Because not everyone ZVZs in 8.3 lmfao
      Exactly, but people do it anyway lol. I don't do it because it's a huge waste to me. But even with lower tiers, depending on what it is it won't get replaced at the same tier still resulting in a significant loss of silver even though it's a lot cheaper than 8.3, even if it's just one or a few pieces of your set. It does give you a significant advantage in a fight if you have high tier gear if you've got enough spec in it, but you'll never catch me out in the black zone wearing something that spiffy lol. It's a loss for both the player and the guild when it comes to regears. Player loses money because he doesn't get exactly what he lost back if he dies, and the guild loses out because items trashing when they pick up gear in fights. Also any extra money the guild makes, even if it's not put towards regears it will be put towards something else for the guild like crystal tokens, events, food for hideouts, etc. That stuff isn't cheap to maintain. That's why I don't believe in guild masters smuggling out regear loot for themselves, if it appears to look like that most likely they take it out to sell it to fund the guild's other ventures. Forgive me if what I'm saying doesn't make sense, it is late for me and I have a tired brain lol. This lady needs some sleep.

      The post was edited 9 times, last by Jacqora ().

    • Jacqora wrote:

      Exactly, but people do it anyway lol. I don't do it because it's a huge waste to me. But even with lower tiers, depending on what it is it won't get replaced at the same tier still resulting in a significant loss of silver even though it's a lot cheaper than 8.3, even if it's just one or a few pieces of your set. It does give you a significant advantage in a fight if you have high tier gear if you've got enough spec in it, but you'll never catch me out in the black zone wearing something that spiffy lol. It's a loss for both the player and the guild when it comes to regears. Player loses money because he doesn't get exactly what he lost back if he dies, and the guild loses out because items trashing when they pick up gear in fights. Also any extra money the guild makes, even if it's not put towards regears it will be put towards something else for the guild like crystal tokens, events, food for hideouts, etc. That stuff isn't cheap to maintain. That's why I don't believe in guild masters smuggling out regear loot for themselves, if it appears to look like that most likely they take it out to sell it to fund the guild's other ventures. Forgive me if what I'm saying doesn't make sense, it is late for me and I have a tired brain lol. This lady needs some sleep.
      True, but if players don't want to lose money...then they should only bring ZvZ gear equivalent to what they get regeared in = they lose no money and get compensated equivalent to the gear they bring which is the highest regearable tier of gear that the guild offers. But in pretty much any scenario, any content-related activity in albion requires the use of "Silver" or atleast, investing in your own gear (that which you can afford to lose). So, people shouldn't be whining about not getting regeared 8.3 if they bring 8.3 and can't afford to lose 8.3 lmao, that's some spoiled-ass mentality right there. There's a lot of other things going on in the background for big guilds.

      Think about it like this, mass 150 players, win a fight and get what, 1/3rd of the amount of loot if fighting equal numbers or just plain stomping other zergs (trash ratio and the amount of items that drop to 1% that costs a lot to repair)
      + the possibility of wiping which is (since the guild regears 1+2 sets - and the average estimated value of a t8 zvz build for each class is around 1-1.5mil = that's about 1-1.5mil x 150 = 150mil+ if the entire zerg wipes - and if the zerg wipes 3 times that's already almost half a billion for 1 ZvZ CTA)
      + the fact that big ZvZ guilds have MULTIPLE ZvZ timers (12,15,18,21,23,0 etc.) There will probably be atleast 2-3 timers depending if the guild / alliance in question is in WAR but, imagine a zerg wipes multiple times in different CTAs that's how fast the silver goes down the drain, but even if they do win, it doesn't neccessarily mean it becomes a big + in silver gain for the guild either. Kill an 8.3 player (his 8.3 gear drops to 1% = RIP repair cost)

      Considering all of that, who in their right mind would still have the audacity to think that ZvZ Guild masters would have anything to smuggle despite the amount of silver required to maintain a sustainable ZvZ guild? We have fought many alliances and throughout the weeks of us wiping their zergs multiple times in different timers, it only took about 2 weeks for them to break (both in their finances and their fighting spirits) because that's how much silver goes down the drain for ZvZ guilds on the losing end. Despite them being such a massive alliance that can mass over 600+ players with multiple fronts and other alliances to pitch in and help them.
    • I am worried how the transmution changes will impact the overall silvers.

      I mean, the amount of silver that transmution removes from the game (and back to loot?) is INSANE.
      I myself transmute for 25-50m per day, silver that goes back to the "system".

      Imagine the whole population?
    • Brizi wrote:

      I am worried how the transmution changes will impact the overall silvers.

      I mean, the amount of silver that transmution removes from the game (and back to loot?) is INSANE.
      I myself transmute for 25-50m per day, silver that goes back to the "system".

      Imagine the whole population?
      Atm, gatherers are useless in Albion.
      You can have ALL ressources in ALL tiers with transmution without gathering just with silvers (you just need t4 ressources)
      The price of the ressources are fixed by the game since they buffed transmution, it's not the goal of Albion.

      Albion is a MMORPG where economy should be driven by the players but with the transmution system aften Quuen Patch, the economy is driven by the game because all prices are fixed by the transmution.
      The transmution system that should be a barrier is actually fixing ALL the prices.
      Gather should be increased and transmution nerfed, it's a good thing i think. :)
      Albion n'est qu'un jeu.
      Squick squick :3
    • YacineBrutal wrote:

      The transmution system that should be a barrier is actually fixing ALL the prices.
      Gather should be increased and transmution nerfed, it's a good thing i think.
      Exactly, but the main argument was of course "how to maintain the re-gear system" as usual, something that will kill the economy / gameplay is mainly due to the ridiculous benefits for the mega alliances.
    • Quagga wrote:

      YacineBrutal wrote:

      The transmution system that should be a barrier is actually fixing ALL the prices.
      Gather should be increased and transmution nerfed, it's a good thing i think.
      Exactly, but the main argument was of course "how to maintain the re-gear system" as usual, something that will kill the economy / gameplay is mainly due to the ridiculous benefits for the mega alliances.
      It's simple,
      EVERYBODY is affected by this patch so EVERYBODY will have to equip their stuff in lower tiers
      So ultimately, it's fair to everyone.
      Instead of coming in T8.3 in ZvZ like today, you will come in lower tiers. (like before Queen Patch who buffed transmution system)
      Albion n'est qu'un jeu.
      Squick squick :3
    • YacineBrutal wrote:

      Brizi wrote:

      I am worried how the transmution changes will impact the overall silvers.

      I mean, the amount of silver that transmution removes from the game (and back to loot?) is INSANE.
      I myself transmute for 25-50m per day, silver that goes back to the "system".

      Imagine the whole population?
      Atm, gatherers are useless in Albion.You can have ALL ressources in ALL tiers with transmution without gathering just with silvers (you just need t4 ressources)
      The price of the ressources are fixed by the game since they buffed transmution, it's not the goal of Albion.

      Albion is a MMORPG where economy should be driven by the players but with the transmution system aften Quuen Patch, the economy is driven by the game because all prices are fixed by the transmution.
      The transmution system that should be a barrier is actually fixing ALL the prices.
      Gather should be increased and transmution nerfed, it's a good thing i think. :)
      "Economy should be driven by the players" sounds nice. But if left to players everything will get into the hands of a few already rich players.
      A fixed transmutation cost helps to prevent hoarding of high tier rare resources - to artificially spike the market price.
      What rate should be set to make it fair for both gatherers and PvP content players is debatable, but that system is a must.

      Now, the resource prices will increase that's a given.
      Who's going to get the benefit? that's clear too,
      Pre-queen a good percentage of resources used to go into the hands of the people who owned the terries in key zones. But at least there was a silver lining - there were no HOs every 100 steps, so you could still compete.
      The same systems will come back where resource in-effect will go to the existing mega alliances with HOs in key zones, who will tax their gatherers in exchange for HO access.

      Unless(SBI please!) they removed HOs from the game(which is what I really wan; hate the concept of a "blue zone city" every 100 steps in a black zone).
      In which case, I will consider the change "fair" to the new guilds and non mega-zerg players too. They can compete equally for resources.

      Regardless. Now that they have decided to make the change in S13, I am more worried about the impact on content and the game being fun.
      It's very difficult to sustain full loot PvP activities in AO if you only play 1-2 hours a day.
      New players/guilds "who do have a life" find themselves swiping quite often, and eventually a culture of avoiding difficult fights and hand holding breeds, just to keep winning.
      A video game where players can't die a few time with friends and laugh it off isn't a FUN video game.

      I know devs need $ to keep running their business.

      But there has to be balance between how much $ they expect new players to Swipe and how much Time they expect them to spend in-game to earn equal value of silver.

      The more time-value $ has in a game, the more players will have to swipe.


      Now, increasing resource prices will make gathering necessary for players to sustain themselves.

      Which, when you don't have HOs in the region and don't want to ally, adds a huge time-taken to accumulate said resources. Increasing the time-value of $.


      The actual effect of changes will unveil themselves in the next season, but I disagree with them.

      Unless of-course they remove all HOs altogether. Competing for resources in that FREE environment will be FUN content xD
    • Someone said: "increase the numbers of solo static dungeons"

      I agree with this guy but also it's a good idea to add another "type" of dungeon and increase the %loot, because atm corrupted dungeons >>> solo dungeon. Unless you use .1 or .2 maps.


      You should also add an IP CAP for ZvZ in Yellow and Blue Zones, because it's not possible for new players to fight againts 8.3 ZvZ guilds messing around in these zones. This was not the idea when SBI said they want to bring big scale PvP to new players.
    • I mean if you want spontaneous content that isn't camped or CTA'ed you might start by not having fixed timers for said content. Maybe implement some form of dynamic event system that generates encounters based on basic meta data already collected by the server.

      Some examples would be;

      1. Each consecutive NPC/mini boss cleared in a static dungeon increases the chance of a world boss spawning in said static dungeon.
      2. After a zone has had 0 player deaths within a given period of time a lesser or greater chest spawns.
      3. If population of a node exceeds X amount NPC start to "Flee" the area bolstering connected nodes spawn rates. So during large AvA battles the NPC in the warzone would despawn and more NPC would spawn in the unaffected areas surrounding it.
    • Zulmer wrote:

      This is not enough to make alive open world...

      You should stay focused on ava roads for solo players and you have to remove 7, 20 charge portals imo. 2 and maybe 5 will be better.

      increase the numbers of solo static dungeons.

      if you want your solo players back ofc..

      Zergs have already so much contents. Let some space to solo players.

      btw i dont even play albion anymore since you guys bring instance life (corrupteds, more hellgates, safe solo ff etc.) but you know what ? i want to play albion so hard again like good old days between 2017-2020 august.....

      damn. i miss roaming in the alive openworld including so many dangerous gank squads, gatherer hotspots, chest hotspots, outplay potentials.......
      Zulmer, sorry to write so badly. I do not speak English. I started playing Albion. I really admire the style of playing solo. I was lost in the game until I found your videos. I admired the way you play so much that I copied your build and got 100/100 on all items. Today I am 100/100 in all bows, all leather coats, all leather shoes, and all fabric coats. Today I am also 100/100 in all crossbows and all cloth robes because I do hce. My favorite contents are HCE and corrupted which allows me to PVP solo. I would like to play like you. Reach the open world and kill 5 players playing alone. I would like you to post your videos again. Congratulations on how you play.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by franconaibaf ().