Cultist Cowl (short youtube video) Watch it and tell me this crap is balanced

• i would say its not the cultist cowl, but more healer with royal jacket. They have insane survivability and they basically use their helmet for damage. It used to be and sometimes still is also mage cowl in that combo as well. I would say that in majority of the builds you use a defensive on your head slot because you do not have that survivability and sustain so you need a defensive. Just healers have so much inbuilt sustain that they can use damage on helmet.
    • JeffusMaximus wrote:

+ you could have simply iceblocked during his first ''burst''
      My thought was to iceblock the cultist cowl. But even then, iceblock has a 1 minute cooldown when cultist cowl only has 30. Also, cultist cowl last for 7s and ice block only last for 4.5 seconds.

Argustin wrote:

i would say its not the cultist cowl, but more healer with royal jacket. They have insane survivability and they basically use their helmet for damage. It used to be and sometimes still is also mage cowl in that combo as well. I would say that in majority of the builds you use a defensive on your head slot because you do not have that survivability and sustain so you need a defensive. Just healers have so much inbuilt sustain that they can use damage on helmet.
      I agree. I'm using a two handed spear which has one or if not the highest normal attack dmg in the game, and I barely made a dent on the guy. Mage cowls i can deal with, I can atleast still do some damage to them, but cultist cowls allow them to sustain even further, which allows them to use the cultist cowl several times due to it's low cooldowns. It is just an overpowered item. Not only can I not hit them, but I'm also forced to drop my stacks cause i get damaged if I keep on stacking.

Everyone is using cultist cowls. Yesterday, i fought those two guys in the video, a one hand curse with cultist cowl, a bloodletter with cultist cowl, and a frost with cultist cowl. And those are all in stalker. In a span of 1 day, I went from 600k infamy to 100k infamy.
    • before cultist was hunter hood
      but ever since hunter was nerfed cultist was more dominant in getting a single target to stop attacking you

it takes 4 attacks/ability usage for cultist to be worth more than mage cowl

what is more oppresive about cultist than hunter is that its a debuff on you and not a buff on your enemy so it cannot be purged but needs to be cleansed
      and as you know running purge is more common then running cleanse so you only have 2 choices either pop a hard defensive or reset the fight

it also does not help that the visual que for cultist is much harder to see then hunter since you know its dark red/ black in a dark red/ black environment corrupted dungeons

but in my opinion it is quite balanced depending on perspective because as a reg bow main it sucks because i would die to cultist but if i use badon/warbow to does not matter to me as much.
      dual daggers, quater staff, frost and pike are not affected by cultist as much as something like bow,1h dagger, auto attack builds

also in group fights cultist does help in dps but it is terrible against the other options avaliable for group fights
      so ya it is not broken but more of a i screw this kind of build harder then others
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Rokov wrote:

You should think a bit before engaging and continue fighting. You literally play like a berserk, who dont know what reseting is and when you have enough power to go in and when you should run away.
      you know glaive has no mobility right? and even if I reset against that, their cultist cowl is back by then, the problem is still there.

look, i just lost back to back to the same build just now.

murderledger.com/players/F4N4LiS/ledger

murderledger.com/players/Ka4eR/ledger

Does this look balanced to you? Do you think all those kills are from their mad technical skills?
    • ur kinda shit bud that has nothing to do with cultist cowl being OP or not it legit does nothing if you just dont use skills while its on you or get a cleanse in your build but you dont have to brain cells or the skill to do something like that so you make a retarded post about it being broken and then you proceed to make a fool of yourself.

You were on the wrong Q for the fight you just kept attacking while he poisoned + cultist cowled you instead of using your cleric cowl and waiting it out. you didnt mage robe his royal jacket either he has not damage as hes on self heal Q not thorns meaning he would give himself a healing debuff of ~40% pretty quickly which would just be a free win. this was all in just the start of the fight didnt bother watching the rest

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lolpetijn ().