Nerf Cleric Robe

• Blenfjorn wrote:

rottencheese wrote:

It's your fault if you can't figure out how to out play against the cleric robe user to beat them, not the fault of the cleric robe.
      You could make that same argument for any potentially broken item in the game. "Well its on you to figure out how to beat it even though it is overpowered". Sometimes things are overpowered and need fixing. When that is the case it is not up to the player to figure it out. It is broken and needs to be fixed. Someone wearing a tier 4 robe (again non-artifact) and taking no damage for 3 seconds against a tier 8 weapon, means something is wrong. I would be okay with changing the duration per level with the 8.3 having the 3 seconds and it gets shorter in time as you scale down the item power, but something is not right here at the moment. So argue if you will, it just proves you are one of the people who are using it and don't want to have to adjust your game.
      I main cursed where the main jacket was always merc jack in 1v1 cds so no not really lol. I'm not a sword player nor a spear player. I did try cleric robe on cursed for out world which is alright, in 1v1 cds which is okay but not as easy as merc jack, no I don't think so.

One of ur main arguments was that the cleric robe shield lasts for 3 seconds but come on guy it's only 3 seconds just walk the other way for a bit or don't get baited using one of ur main weapons abilities on it idk
      Don't forget capes are purge-able, this means if you're using martlock cape for example against a black hands that he may simply purge the capes ability. Also keeper cape is purgeable etc.
    • +1 agreed, Cleric robe should have nothing to do with damage, it was originally meant to provide healers a means to survive burst why the heck does it need to boost damage, thats why so many people are wearing it in their loadouts its like a jack of all trades.
      Blood or silver, how do you want to pay me?
    • It's true, cleric robe has way too much representation on the game, it can be played with absolutly everything and it will at least be decent. I believe it has a very interesting mechanic which should not disappear from the game, but its true, the bonus damage is too strong, it makes no sense to be immune and stronger.
      I've seen the argument, it can be purged. Well, like literally any other buff in the game, the thing is, it forces the enemy to have purge.

Cleric robe is a must in the game (ZvZ,HG,Crystal,Solo and Group PvE,Solo Gank...), I believe we are just asking to see it a little bit less represented.
    • I think it should be more based around survival, not used for burst damage. I think a decent idea would be to remove the damage increase, but increase the proc window by 1s, as well as increasing the bonus to heals cast, and adding an equivalent bonus to healing received.

This will make it easier/more likely to activate, and while shielded will still greatly increase your ability to heal your team, and to heal yourself even more so.

Melees don't belong in dresses.
    • Abaddon_Rull wrote:

I think it should be more based around survival, not used for burst damage. I think a decent idea would be to remove the damage increase, but increase the proc window by 1s, as well as increasing the bonus to heals cast, and adding an equivalent bonus to healing received.

This will make it easier/more likely to activate, and while shielded will still greatly increase your ability to heal your team, and to heal yourself even more so.

Melees don't belong in dresses.
      Honestly I feel like there would be less complaints if it didn't look so damn stupid. For example, mage robe is a cloth armour but I feel fine running around in it with a melee weapon. If they could just remodel it to look more like it's original concept art (maybe the other robes too) it would look great.

It looks more like a coat here than the dressing gown it does in the game. I really with SBI would shorten it above the shins and give it a split down the middle.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Cleric robe is hard countered mage robe and assassin jacket and reasonably canceled/mitigated by out by fiend cowl, cleric cowl, soldier helm, and guardian helm. If you're struggling against cleric robes, it's likely because you've taken all counterplay abilities out of your build to instead go for a greedy build that just wants to ignore your opponent.
      Cleric is not hard countered by mage as you can change targets or wear specter hood and pop another cleric.
      Cleric robe used to have to be activated at low health.

This is now a hce build as most of this shit gameplay comes from the money or mobile users.

G.G.
    • The OP is complaining about 1v1. Good luck with your target switching plan.

If you're gonna throw out an arbitrary second activation to mean that your cleric robe hasn't been countered then I'll throw out an arbitrary second activation of the mage robe to say it's still countered. You're still hard countered because the mage robe player gets thier full defensive value of the ability while stripping yours.

Nobody particularly cares about armor balance in instanced pve. Counters don't matter when they're no actual players trying to counter you.
    • fip wrote:

Honestly I feel like there would be less complaints if it didn't look so damn stupid. For example, mage robe is a cloth armour but I feel fine running around in it with a melee weapon. If they could just remodel it to look more like it's original concept art (maybe the other robes too) it would look great.

It looks more like a coat here than the dressing gown it does in the game. I really with SBI would shorten it above the shins and give it a split down the middle.
      Well if there was some sort of "Spellsword" type weapon then that'd be cool as hell, but an actual front-line, non-magic fighter using cloth armor should just get shredded in 1v1 vs a plate wearer with similar skill/same weapon. Just one man's opinon.

Also, he is using a claymore as a 1h, he's clearly on another level.
    • Not most 1v1 players are using it WTF.

It's a pretty decent defensive considering it's on cloth.

I still don't see what your problem with it is. It doesn't out perform other cloth chest pieces and keeps the skill cap up by requiring an opponent to proc. Thus making timing an essential part of using it.

Where did this idea even come from?
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • this tread still going on??

well cleric robe is NOT OP!! i even died my enemy using cleric robe and kill enemy also using cleric robe.

when i died on the enemy who's using cleric robe with spear i said it is because of cleric robe who save him i almost win the fight but then another fight occured same using cleric robe after he activated his cleric robe i didn't hit him the everlasting spirit didn't activated so he fcked up.

cleric robe is not op i think not neccesary to nerf. if this item gets nerf just delete it and use the druid robe instead