Nerf Cleric Robe

• BraveArt wrote:

No no and more no. Stop asking for nerfs to items which work well. This guy is obviously a curse or axe player
      as a cursed main myself I'd never advocate for cleric robe to get nerfed it's the only robe that keeps swords alive in cds atm and to a point it's what made spears more viable even though they were always pretty good. I could use cleric robe on cursed too in outworld/cd and do just fine with it. OP u gotta like bring purges with u or better yet not attack the dude. Classic git gud situation we got going on here.
      Don't forget capes are purge-able, this means if you're using martlock cape for example against a black hands that he may simply purge the capes ability. Also keeper cape is purgeable etc.
    • rottencheese wrote:

as a cursed main myself I'd never advocate for cleric robe to get nerfed it's the only robe that keeps swords alive in cds atm and to a point it's what made spears more viable even though they were always pretty good. I could use cleric robe on cursed too in outworld/cd and do just fine with it. OP u gotta like bring purges with u or better yet not attack the dude. Classic git gud situation we got going on here.
      The only "git gud" situation (really stupid cliché comment btw, you should really strive to do better) is players who use an OP non-artifact robe to be invincible for 3 seconds while taking a strong attack. They will have to "git gud" after the robe is brought down to a reasonable level. Regarding swords, as I mentioned, I agree they need some love, but better to give swords some extra usefulness than to keep a broken item in the game that a sword player could use since others are using it also for the same insane benefit.
    • It's your fault if you can't figure out how to out play against the cleric robe user to beat them, not the fault of the cleric robe. So again - git gud.
      Don't forget capes are purge-able, this means if you're using martlock cape for example against a black hands that he may simply purge the capes ability. Also keeper cape is purgeable etc.
    • rottencheese wrote:

It's your fault if you can't figure out how to out play against the cleric robe user to beat them, not the fault of the cleric robe.
      You could make that same argument for any potentially broken item in the game. "Well its on you to figure out how to beat it even though it is overpowered". Sometimes things are overpowered and need fixing. When that is the case it is not up to the player to figure it out. It is broken and needs to be fixed. Someone wearing a tier 4 robe (again non-artifact) and taking no damage for 3 seconds against a tier 8 weapon, means something is wrong. I would be okay with changing the duration per level with the 8.3 having the 3 seconds and it gets shorter in time as you scale down the item power, but something is not right here at the moment. So argue if you will, it just proves you are one of the people who are using it and don't want to have to adjust your game.
    • Care to give at least one argument? Things like “everyone using them” (not true), “me not bad, its just op”, and my favorite “if you are defending it, i’m right” are just silly.
      As ppl mentioned already, you can kite, trade cooldowns from you chest or helmet, purge it, or just stop attack. Axe or curse user? Your problem. Curse still deals a tons of damage, and axes were shining for long enough + you still in the same boat as everyone else since cleric get proced way more often than not. Wearing some offensive headpiece? Your problem too.

Also, cleric robe while having damage boost and invulnerability also have reduced armor/resistance. Somehow you didnt point that out.

For me cleric robe is an example of good, fun and balanced item. And being the assassin jacket masterrace i dont even play cleric usually btw.
    • Metteia wrote:

Care to give at least one argument? Things like “everyone using them” (not true), “me not bad, its just op”, and my favorite “if you are defending it, i’m right” are just silly.
      As ppl mentioned already, you can kite, trade cooldowns from you chest or helmet, purge it, or just stop attack. Axe or curse user? Your problem. Curse still deals a tons of damage, and axes were shining for long enough + you still in the same boat as everyone else since cleric get proced way more often than not. Wearing some offensive headpiece? Your problem too.

Also, cleric robe while having damage boost and invulnerability also have reduced armor/resistance. Somehow you didnt point that out.

For me cleric robe is an example of good, fun and balanced item. And being the assassin jacket masterrace i dont even play cleric usually btw.
      Speaking of bad arguments, things like "your problem" don't really offer anything besides some toxicity. All good though. Since you asked, here are a few arguments:

1. I never said "'everyone" is using them (second time being accused of saying "everyone" and I never said it).
      2. Cleric Robe is not an artifact, but on the flip side, Cultist Robe is (and a Relic Artifact at that). On Cultist Robe you still take damage while using the healing E spell, and during that time, you are stagnant. Can't do any other attack, even auto attack. With Cleric Robe, a non-artifact, you can not only do more attacks while using the E (that makes you invincible for 3 seconds) your attacks are stronger! For 3 seconds, which is a long time in a fight. That is why I am saying shorten the time, or remove one of those benefits. Be invincible for 3 seconds or have increased damage for 3 seconds or both for 1.5 seconds (or the idea of increasing the time based on IP of the item). Cleric Robe is better than the Relic Artifact Cultist Robe in 1v1 PvP for this reason. Cleric Robe - No damage taken and increased damage given for 3 seconds. Cultist Robe - Heal Spell but not able to move while using it or do any kind of damage (save for an already cast time release spell).
      3. Kiting? Yes, pretty much anything can be kited, so suggesting that someone "just kite it" is really bland, because you can say it for literally any argument about nerfing anything. Black Hands are OP? No, just kite them! Boltcasters are OP in Corrupted Dungeons? No they aren't, all you have to do is kite them. Imagine going to every post where someone is talking about an item being broken or OP (be the suggestion valid or not) and just telling everyone "nah, you can just kite better". Not a good counter-argument at all. Not quite as bad as your "your problem" comment, but still not really helpful.
      4. Regarding reduced armor/resistance, fine, still change the timer to 1.5 seconds and boost the armor/resistance to make up for it. Fair compromise.
      5. Yes I am an axe user, but I haven't complained once about the change to axes. In fact, I have defended the change, especially the one to Greataxe (my weapon of choice). The Greataxe was overused by people doing Solo Random Dungeons, and even though I had to alter my game due to the change, I defended it because it was too OP when it came to clearing Solo Dungeons fast, and was overused as a result.

When I suggest a change it is for the betterment of the balance in the game. It isn't me wanting to make things easier for me. That is not what I am about. I have made suggestions in the past that would actually hurt my play, just because I knew something was wrong, but was upfront about the fact that I would use it in my favor until the day it was fixed.
    • ppl have repeatedly offered you constructive criticism to step up your gameplay, but you have no interest in "gitting gud", and instead just insist you know what's best for the game

when ppl advise that you kite a defensive ability, and you compare it to kiting a weapon ... holy shit, pure troll thread

gl hf
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

ppl have repeatedly offered you constructive criticism to step up your gameplay, but you have no interest in "gitting gud", and instead just insist you know what's best for the game

when ppl advise that you kite a defensive ability, and you compare it to kiting a weapon ... holy shit, pure troll thread

gl hf
      "Troll thread"? It's called having a discussion. Point and counterpoint. Kiting is kiting. You can theoretically kite anything. It's not a helpful counterpoint while I have made several suggestions ideas, and a nice compromise to make it good for everyone. Saying "troll thread" because you don't agree with it. You're just being salty because someone is making a post about something you don't agree with.... or more likely something that will hurt your play.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Care to give at least one argument? Things like “everyone using them” (not true), “me not bad, its just op”, and my favorite “if you are defending it, i’m right” are just silly.

Speaking of bad arguments, things like "your problem" don't really offer anything besides some toxicity. All good though. Since you asked, here are a few arguments:
      1. I never said "'everyone" is using them (second time being accused of saying "everyone" and I never said it).
      2. Cleric Robe is not an artifact, but on the flip side, Cultist Robe is (and a Relic Artifact at that). On Cultist Robe you still take damage while using the healing E spell, and during that time, you are stagnant. Can't do any other attack, even auto attack. With Cleric Robe, a non-artifact, you can not only do more attacks while using the E (that makes you invincible for 3 seconds) your attacks are stronger! For 3 seconds, which is a long time in a fight. That is why I am saying shorten the time, or remove one of those benefits. Be invincible for 3 seconds or have increased damage for 3 seconds or both for 1.5 seconds (or the idea of increasing the time based on IP of the item). Cleric Robe is better than the Relic Artifact Cultist Robe in 1v1 PvP for this reason. Cleric Robe - No damage taken and increased damage given for 3 seconds. Cultist Robe - Heal Spell but not able to move while using it or do any kind of damage (save for an already cast time release spell).
      3. Kiting? Yes, pretty much anything can be kited, so suggesting that someone "just kite it" is really bland, because you can say it for literally any argument about nerfing anything. Black Hands are OP? No, just kite them! Boltcasters are OP in Corrupted Dungeons? No they aren't, all you have to do is kite them. Imagine going to every post where someone is talking about an item being broken or OP (be the suggestion valid or not) and just telling everyone "nah, you can just kite better". Not a good counter-argument at all. Not quite as bad as your "your problem" comment, but still not really helpful.
      4. Regarding reduced armor/resistance, fine, still change the timer to 1.5 seconds and boost the armor/resistance to make up for it. Fair compromise.
      5. Yes I am an axe user, but I haven't complained once about the change to axes. In fact, I have defended the change, especially the one to Greataxe (my weapon of choice). The Greataxe was overused by people doing Solo Random Dungeons, and even though I had to alter my game due to the change, I defended it because it was too OP when it came to clearing Solo Dungeons fast, and was overused as a result.

When I suggest a change it is for the betterment of the balance in the game. It isn't me wanting to make things easier for me. That is not what I am about. I have made suggestions in the past that would actually hurt my play, just because I knew something was wrong, but was upfront about the fact that I would use it in my favor until the day it was fixed.
      At first, i was going to answer point by point, but after re-reading the thread, i just see that it will be pointless. And while "Your problem" may, indeed, sound rude (and yeah, sorry about that), it wasn't an argument lol. What i was wanting to say is "Your choice". Running hunter hood? No Purge? Have only one ability to proc Merc jacket which gets countered by cleric? it's all choices you made. Switch your gear and you will kill cleric robe users, but will have troubles with builds you easily countered before. And no I'm not talking about SPECIFICALLY countering cleric robe. Just some things work better vs it and some don't.

As i said, i was going to elaborate, but seeing the quality of your arguments and example with kiting Boltcasters E....

UPD: Alright, you got quite noble intentions, and it's good, but you are clearly biased, just look at yourself from the side.

I'll just leave it here:

Blenfjorn wrote:

BraveArt wrote:

Obviously you do not play swords - Cleric robe is the only viable chest piece for swords right now. Cleric robe is a decent item but it isn't OP. Plate and leather offer no damage for swords so you would pretty much remove the weapon from the game
      Swords is a whole other issue that needs to be addressed. But that topic exists already. Multiple posts about it actually. I agree swords need some love. Cleric Robe is indeed OP especially for a non-artifact item. I can't see leaving an OP item the way it is and use the fact that swords isn't strong enough to justify not fixing Cleric Robe because it isn't just sword users wearing them.

Blenfjorn wrote:

Quagga wrote:

spears got stupidly strong after auto attack buff with combo with cleric robe.
      Another reason in favor of giving it a nerf.
      Boy is it fun

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metteia ().

• pinto wrote:

50 secs cd, triggers only after taking dmg, cloth, lasts only 3 secs, can be purged...
      it doesn't need a nerf.
      Thanks for posting something helpful to the discussion, even if it is against my view (not sarcasm btw). So anyways, I made all the points I am going to make about this, and I think they are strong enough points to make my case, particularly the points in Post #28 of this thread. I am willing to move on. For the record I did change my game up a bit before I started this post. Started mixing in boltcasters to my play more lately and using silence. I still believe cleric robe needs a nerf (or at least a tweak), and nothing will change my feelings on that for reasons I already stated and won't repeat. Feel free to keep discussing. I don't have anything new to offer so I am going to let my previously made points stand.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Assassin Jacket is another issue, but I think it's popularity ties more into the ability to escape. Like I considered making another post suggesting that there be an invisible cool down of sorts. Someone having Assassin Jacket, any of the invisibility boots, AND undead cape is just insane. It's basically like either the person is going to win or simply escape (talking 1v1 situations here). But that is not what this post is about.
      Assassin jacket is the most flexible chest piece in the game, they can be utilized in many different ways, escaping is definitely not why it's popular. some other usage include:
      1. To wait for your cool down or to wait out some thing your opponent have (e.g: merc jacket). This is the most common usage
      2. Nuke build that can utilized the bonus damage (e:g Deathgiver, dagger pair), so that you'll deal more damage than a cloth but has the tankiness of a leather.
      3. Dropping mobs agro on your opponent
      Also, you can kill people stacking invi with CC & guardian armor/stalker hood.

Blenfjorn wrote:

Clearly the cleric robe has a lot of defenders, and that to me makes me believe all the more that there is an issue. These are the people who are using it and don't want to see their precious non-artifact OP item nerfed.
      It's indeed most of the case on this forum. People complaining whatever they use underpowered, while calling whatever they die to OP (for what it's worth you are calling cleric robe OP too.) That's not the case for this thread.

Cleric robe has a lot of "defender" (your word) because it's balanced.

You are welcomed to check out my Murder Ledger . I don't use cleric robe at all, but I'm "defending" it anyway.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().