Deposits and withdrawals at buildings

• Economy
    • Midgard wrote:

They already can. Just hit the ‘claim’ button on the building.
      You can't do this unless you are also a co-owner of the island.

The issue is that only a building owner can use the deposit/withdraw option. So currently to give more than one character access to that function you need to give the other character island access of builder or higher.

This is increasingly problematic as more people start using crafting stations to transfer silver between two players. I can't just put you and me on as owner and co-owner of the station, then we can both deposit/withdraw. I have to either make you a co-owner of the entire island,so you can claim anything on the island, or make you a builder so you can claim unclaimed items and then unclaim the station each time I use it myself.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Piddle ().

• İf the buildings in same island, it is risky because when you deposit the payment and give up that building, every co owner can claim that building and withdraw the silver.

Best option is, lets say someone is working on 12 islands for you, if you put a smelter on island 12 and add only that person as a co owner in that island, they can withdraw their silver with no risk of someone else doing that. So it’s better to put a smelter on people’s last islands imo. Thats the most risk free way i could think of.
    • best option is to be able to send silver by mail.

And don't come with RMT - mail is most easy to track.

It is at least same if not more tricky to monitor all the chest access, the heavy over / unpriced Sales, the fake tournament and a lot more..

So silver in mail is the most easy solution and most easy to monitor..
    • This would be useful as it would allow actual co-management of building, along with the benefit that people are actually seeking, which is that of silver transfer between characters.

Having either an alt, or a trusted player to roll the silver over from the deposit to the reward would save me personally a load of time.

That or a checkbox that automatically dose it...
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • The real benefit to me is that currently you need 1 entire island for each person you do business with, because you need to use island access to control the crafting station access, and if you had more than one additional person on the island they could steal from each other.

If co-owners could deposit and withdraw from the station, I could have one island and use it for all my silver transfers, because I'd just share co-owner of the station with that person, and then people with permissions from the different stations can't mess with each others money.

Trial_hard wrote:

best option is to be able to send silver by mail.

And don't come with RMT - mail is most easy to track.

It is at least same if not more tricky to monitor all the chest access, the heavy over / unpriced Sales, the fake tournament and a lot more..

So silver in mail is the most easy solution and most easy to monitor..
      I don't need a new way to transfer money though. The one we have is mostly fine. I just need it to be more user and game friendly.

This idea that one way is better to combat RMT is questionable. SBI has access to ALL of their own internal data. So the kind of transfer doesn't really matter. They can flag anything suspicious, that they can think of.
    • I have just asked all the Island Managers that I do pay-outs to, to provide me with a smelter on an island of their own as well as the steps to either add me as co-owner or add me as a builder and make the vendor public. This way they can go with whatever they are comfortable with and I don't have to try to meet up with them in-game to pay them. So far the response has been good. I put out the request for this approx 24 hours ago and over half have them set up for me already. I am hopeful!!!
    • Piddle wrote:

Midgard wrote:

You can't do this unless you are also a co-owner of the island.
      The issue is that only a building owner can use the deposit/withdraw option. So currently to give more than one character access to that function you need to give the other character island access of builder or higher.

This is increasingly problematic as more people start using crafting stations to transfer silver between two players. I can't just put you and me on as owner and co-owner of the station, then we can both deposit/withdraw. I have to either make you a co-owner of the entire island,so you can claim anything on the island, or make you a builder so you can claim unclaimed items and then unclaim the station each time I use it myself.
      You can also claim a building if you are set as a builder and the building is set to public. After they re-claim from me and withdraw the silver, they have to set it back to public again so I can claim it the next time.
    • SamuleStyles wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Midgard wrote:

You can't do this unless you are also a co-owner of the island.The issue is that only a building owner can use the deposit/withdraw option. So currently to give more than one character access to that function you need to give the other character island access of builder or higher.

You can also claim a building if you are set as a builder and the building is set to public. After they re-claim from me and withdraw the silver, they have to set it back to public again so I can claim it the next time.
      This has the same issues. In my perfect world I could set up 100 smelters on a single island and be able to transfer silver to 100 people on them, but the fact that I need to give builder or co-owner to an island to gain access to the utility of crafting stations, means that I can't give more than 1 player access to each island, otherwise they can mess with smelters intended for other people.

Like it's fine to have 100 islands for 100 players to trade with you, but it would be a lot better if I only needed 1 island to trade silver with 100 players. Imagine if instead of transitioning 100 times to different islands, you could just put all the silver in smelters on a single island. It would save you at least 5-10 minutes of walking from traveler planner to smelter and back, over and over.
    • Why don't you use a guild island? Use the guild Island Market. If you owe them money, Have them put up a specific item.. like person A sell orders a carrot for 200k, person B always uses a cabbage, etc.or whatever.. . Then you go purchase that Item, and Boom, their money is instantly transferred to them. Should be a fairly safe way to do it, for no other reason than Nobody is dumb enough/ or usually willing to pay 200k for a carrot.....
    • The ideal solution would be a new bespoke building for this activity ... the Silver Exchange.

Would take up a small plot (like butcher/smelter) and could be configured to individual players to allow them to deposit/withdraw by the owner.

Owner would set the player as a user, creating a bank account for that person which only the owner and player could interact with, and the owner could also set deposit/withdrawal limits etc, and a full audit trail could be accessed. Owner would be able to suspend the account at any time, or even set dates where withdrawals could be made.

Multiple players could be set as a user, each with bespoke settings.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

The ideal solution would be a new bespoke building for this activity ... the Silver Exchange.

Would take up a small plot (like butcher/smelter) and could be configured to individual players to allow them to deposit/withdraw by the owner.

Owner would set the player as a user, creating a bank account for that person which only the owner and player could interact with, and the owner could also set deposit/withdrawal limits etc, and a full audit trail could be accessed. Owner would be able to suspend the account at any time, or even set dates where withdrawals could be made.

Multiple players could be set as a user, each with bespoke settings.
      Great Idea!
      Now all we have to do is think of one more useful small plot building, and city plots will stop having 3 smelters and a butcher on them.

Maybe a Labor Post, just a spot to put a laborer to sell journals...
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • Sneaksta wrote:

Why don't you use a guild island? Use the guild Island Market. If you owe them money, Have them put up a specific item.. like person A sell orders a carrot for 200k, person B always uses a cabbage, etc.or whatever.. . Then you go purchase that Item, and Boom, their money is instantly transferred to them. Should be a fairly safe way to do it, for no other reason than Nobody is dumb enough/ or usually willing to pay 200k for a carrot.....
      Taxes.
    • Here is how I do it and I currently serve 15+ people using smelters as a point of silver transaction.

1. Make guild island, be the owner or atleast co-owner.
      2. Invite the player you want to exchange silver with to your island, give them resources to build a smelter.
      4. The player builds the smelter.
      3. Remove their building rights, and claim the smelter.

Now what happens is the player is the initial builder of the smelter so he is kindof a co-owner but just that smelter.
      If I unclaim the smelter - he can claim it without island co-owner perms, at the same time I can claim the smelter at any time.
      Meanwhile, other player WONT be able to claim the smleter if its unclaimed cause they are not co-owner on the island or builder off the specified smelter.

Once a person is done making trades with me - I simply destory their smelter and build a new one once a new person comes.

You're welcome.
    • BigTeeny wrote:

Here is how I do it and I currently serve 15+ people using smelters as a point of silver transaction.

2. Invite the player you want to exchange silver with to your island, give them resources to build a smelter.

Now what happens is the player is the initial builder of the smelter so he is kindof a co-owner but just that smelter.
      If I unclaim the smelter - he can claim it without island co-owner perms, at the same time I can claim the smelter at any time.
      Meanwhile, other player WONT be able to claim the smleter if its unclaimed cause they are not co-owner on the island or builder off the specified smelter.

Once a person is done making trades with me - I simply destory their smelter and build a new one once a new person comes.

You're welcome.

Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • BigTeeny wrote:

Here is how I do it and I currently serve 15+ people using smelters as a point of silver transaction.

You're welcome.
      I had no idea that being the original builder gave a character any advantages. I don't think I'd have ever figured this out.