Damage Modifier's broken???

• Damage Modifier's broken???

So upon testing some builds in game I noticed my weapons damage being slightly off compared to other clearing speeds...

To give a run down these are the two builds im testing rn.

All seems normal as should be. HOWEVER

If we take a look at the weapon itself theres zero change at all to its Damage output despite the 8% Damage Modifier for Cultist Robe vs the 4% Damage Modifier for Stalker Jacket.

VS

Unless I somehow am on something I dont think this is "normal" -_-
    • ????

My guy you dont even make sense rn like dont look at the first two pics look at the bottom 2... The fact is its not updating the damage output for the Mace's abilities with the different dmg modifiers being equipped thats n o t n o r m a l.

If its going to update on the panel information as far as DPS and etc then it needs to update the weapons info itself. Otherwise thats not "working as intended"
    • REMGangOnTop wrote:

My guy you dont even make sense rn like dont look at the first two pics look at the bottom 2... The fact is its not updating the damage output for the Mace's abilities with the different dmg modifiers being equipped thats n o t n o r m a l.

If its going to update on the panel information as far as DPS and etc then it needs to update the weapons info itself. Otherwise thats not "working as intended"

Tooltips don't update - if they don't intend them to update, and they don't update - it's working as intended.

- just because you EXPECT them to doesn't make it ABNORMAL.

The logic is rational but you're not listening to what he's explained to you.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

REMGangOnTop wrote:

Tooltips don't update - if they don't intend them to update, and they don't update - it's working as intended.

- just because you EXPECT them to doesn't make it ABNORMAL.

The logic is rational but you're not listening to what he's explained to you.
      Ah yes because Albion for sure n e v e r has tooltip problems you know (COUGH COUGH TEXT BEING PUT IN SPANISH) Albion is just practically flawless (COUGH COUGH WRONGTAG ON EQUIPMENT LIKE CAPES) coding. Nothing wrong with them at all (FOOD ITEM TOOLTIPS THAT STILL SAY 0 CRAFTING QUALITY even though staff have said their "aware of it" yet it still has existed for over 3-4 weeks now)

Also its not just ME who expects them to work or who is calling them not normal.. Theres also you know the general community who claims the tooltips and etc are not updated properly or otherwise bugged.

On top of this

Dredi wrote:

It's not a tooltip error, it's working as intended. Tooltips always show the value before modifiers and it's useful so you can compare values with other weapons without having to navigate a jungle of secondary modifiers.
      Ok yes BEFORE modifiers NOT AFTER! Which sorry but that doesnt sound or seem useful. The panels and etc updated when something like a beef stew was eaten so why is it the Dmg modifier for cultist robe would not update the same way?

There wouldnt be a "secondary jungle set of modifiers" there would be checking the weapons panel to see the numbers having updated to reflect the current dmg modifier that a player is using right then and there...

So plz. By all means.. What am I missing here @MEATCUP
    • REMGangOnTop wrote:

Ah yes because Albion for sure n e v e r has tooltip problems you know (COUGH COUGH TEXT BEING PUT IN SPANISH) Albion is just practically flawless (COUGH COUGH WRONGTAG ON EQUIPMENT LIKE CAPES) coding. Nothing wrong with them at all (FOOD ITEM TOOLTIPS THAT STILL SAY 0 CRAFTING QUALITY even though staff have said their "aware of it" yet it still has existed for over 3-4 weeks now)

Also its not just ME who expects them to work or who is calling them not normal.. Theres also you know the general community who claims the tooltips and etc are not updated properly or otherwise bugged.

On top of this
      No one will disagree with this, so I'm not sure why it was necessary. People make mistakes? Is that the idea? There's a difference between a mistake, and an intentional design. Furthermore when I said "Your logic is rational" that's me agreeing with you that most people would expect tooltips to update - but that doesn't make the way it's behaving abnormal (like spanish halberd) - again, not sure where you wanted to go with this.

REMGangOnTop wrote:

There wouldnt be a "secondary jungle set of modifiers" there would be checking the weapons panel to see the numbers having updated to reflect the current dmg modifier that a player is using right then and there...

This is literally the jungle - this is exactly what he's describing.

"What did I swap on my kit that moved my damage on the 1h mace from 725 to 683 even though I only changed the passive on cloth helm? Maybe it was beef stew instead of eel stew?! - NO!, that's impossible because that's not enough of a % split - was I on royal sandals?! Fuck me man this shit is aids"

vs.

"Oh ok so the more IP I have the more damage it deals, and everything after that is influenced by the panel modifiers."

In one situation you have to control for everything, and in the other the control is already done for you.

In the existing system, comparing damage between a broadsword and a 1h mace is simple because it's literally right in front of you - nothing changes in those values except the inherent IP itself.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

No one will disagree with this, so I'm not sure why it was necessary. People make mistakes? Is that the idea? There's a difference between a mistake, and an intentional design. Furthermore when I said "Your logic is rational" that's me agreeing with you that most people would expect tooltips to update - but that doesn't make the way it's behaving abnormal (like spanish halberd) - again, not sure where you wanted to go with this.
      You were basically defending the tooltips and saying they "work as intended" when thats not even close to the case.

Theres no intentional design or logic to the tooltips with both past and present errors that we have seen so far.. What there is, is several mistakes being made which is just leaving everyone trying to guess wth does what in the game :| Which is the same case Im showing here with the dmg modifiers... Even if this WAS intentional somehow this would leave alot of people annoyed with the fact that they cant physically see the changes being updated to reflect what they're using.

MEATCUP wrote:

This is literally the jungle - this is exactly what he's describing.

"What did I swap on my kit that moved my damage on the 1h mace from 725 to 683 even though I only changed the passive on cloth helm? Maybe it was beef stew instead of eel stew?! - NO!, that's impossible because that's not enough of a % split - was I on royal sandals?! Fuck me man this shit is aids"
      Ok sorry but no. Its pretty clear when ones dmg output has been increased by the food item because the tooltip properly shows what the exact percentage increase is to the player. Thats not a "jungle"

Same goes for the equipment like you just mentioned It says damage is increased by 3.5% so again theres clear communication as to why the dmg is now more...

Its good that the panel that you can pop out from where you can view your equipments updates with the correct modifiers but there needs to be that same update given to your weapons... Any other game or community would agree here... Cause rn the only "Jungle" thats present is trying to figure out just how much damage something like my mace will deal because its panel/gui is not updating like the other panel is...
    • REMGangOnTop wrote:

Theres no intentional design or logic to the tooltips with both past and present errors that we have seen so far.

It's not even an error. You expect it to be something it's not trying to be, and then telling it that it's wrong.

REMGangOnTop wrote:

Ok sorry but no. Its pretty clear when ones dmg output has been increased by the food item because the tooltip properly shows what the exact percentage increase is to the player. Thats not a "jungle"
      You are referring to two different tooltips.

REMGangOnTop wrote:

Even if this WAS intentional somehow this would leave alot of people annoyed with the fact that they cant physically see the changes being updated to reflect what they're using.
      This is a fair critique. But doesn't necessarily make it a bug, nor does it make the design absent of any other benefits or foresight simply because you find the information lacking (which like I said, is fair).

REMGangOnTop wrote:

Cause rn the only "Jungle" thats present is trying to figure out just how much damage something like my mace will deal because its panel/gui is not updating like the other panel is...
      If your idea was implemented, the only way to do a weapon output comparison would be to equip everything desired for both sets and then mouseover the new updated tooltip. This is MUCH more cumbersome than simply finding the weapon and looking at the tooltip's base value.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

It's not even an error. You expect it to be something it's not trying to be, and then telling it that it's wrong.
      Again its literally the community who wants it to be what it should be... So your wrong there...

Edit: The community would like to see corrected tooltips and a more streamlined version altogether.

MEATCUP wrote:

You are referring to two different tooltips.
      Im referring to tooltips as a whole dude. Not 1 over the other... Its a tooltip generic it should update regardless of whichever panel a player is viewing.

MEATCUP wrote:

This is a fair critique. But doesn't necessarily make it a bug, nor does it make the design absent of any other benefits or foresight simply because you find the information lacking (which like I said, is fair).
      I mean at this point im still going to label it AS A BUG due to how many other errors exist with the tooltips and overall info on Albion. While you might have another word for it I am going to call it as a bug since "BUG" to me translates to something that does not work like other iterations I MYSELF KNOW OF and deal with do. Which in this case the weapons GUI does not update like any other platform/game's tooltip or GUI does.

MEATCUP wrote:

If your idea was implemented, the only way to do a weapon output comparison would be to equip everything desired for both sets and then mouseover the new updated tooltip. This is MUCH more cumbersome than simply finding the weapon and looking at the tooltip's base value
      No see to me and I think to others as well, the way you describe to try finding how much DPS your weapon now does is more cumbersome.. Rather then the GUI for the weapon updating to reflect all equipped damage modifiers your suggesting players perform extra steps to go in and calculating the tooltips base value.

The post was edited 1 time, last by REMGangOnTop ().

• REMGangOnTop wrote:

No see to me and I think to others as well, the way you describe to try finding how much DPS your weapon now does is more cumbersome.. Rather then the GUI for the weapon updating to reflect all equipped damage modifiers your suggesting players perform extra steps to go in and calculating the tooltips base value.
      It's already at base value?

Overall Agree to disagree, sir.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

REMGangOnTop wrote:

It's already at base value?

Overall Agree to disagree, sir.
      Alot of players dont actually understand or know how to do that though which if Albion wanted to help solve this they would encourage or teach players how to do this so they wouldnt have this problem.

But I will agree to disagree.